• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ice Climbers Thread

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
Judging by that footstool jump picture it looks like they can desynch and seperate.

chaingrabbing ftw. lets hope that they will have some better advantages against top tier characters who DI really well.

I hate that my friends can get out with almost every character.

I hope they are so broken that they invinte a new tier for them.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
"OMG! THERE es #!! How will they do teh footjumpz?!?!?!"

Apparently, just like everyone else :/

Please, like they were ever going anywhere to begin with

dj asakura

Smash Ace
yea, um, also, everyone stop complaining about wobbling then if you want teh game balanced.

you'll notice that the IC's have stayed in the same spot tier wise since wobbling was found. it was not game breaking and even if it does come back, i can bet it wont be game breaking then either.

stop.complaining.

on that, can't wait for the new IC avatars and to get my sig redone

YES! BEST DAY EVER!

rideonshootingstarxx

Smash Cadet
DUDE.
I swear to God, yesterday I was hoping that today's update would be the Ice Climbers =D.
They were my most looked-forward-to character for Melee, and also the first I played at. I was at K-Mart and I tried the game there. Oh my God, thinking of it makes me all warm and fuzzy.
I sucked as them, but with this I think I might get back into them, I've been looking for a new character anyway =D

Now, GAME&WATCH FOR BRAWL!

Mike966

Smash Cadet
DUDE.
I swear to God, yesterday I was hoping that today's update would be the Ice Climbers =D.
They were my most looked-forward-to character for Melee, and also the first I played at. I was at K-Mart and I tried the game there. Oh my God, thinking of it makes me all warm and fuzzy.
I sucked as them, but with this I think I might get back into them, I've been looking for a new character anyway =D

Now, GAME&WATCH FOR BRAWL!
Ice climbers were the first characters that I played with I was at a firends house and I thought having 2 characters was awesome, I wanted to see something new so I picked them.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
No offense to Ice Climbers, I think they're pretty rad. I just don't like being proven wrong. ;)

Anywho, cangrats to all you Ice Climber fans. Any thoughts on how their moveset/stats may have been altered?
You didnt really have much "proof" to begin with

WarxePB

Smash Ace
My opinion was that the IC would be taken out and replaced with another retro character, like Balloon Fighter. But who knows? Maybe they'll both get in.

But hooray for the Ice Climbers. Here's hoping their Final Smash impales people on glaciers that shoot up from the ground.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Wobbling is alternating the headbutt and Nana's forward tilt in such a way that it is difficult for your opponent to break out for long periods of time.

Primetime84

Smash Cadet
yeah, that deconfirms that rumor about G&W, and IC not returning .cause ic is! so now expect the G&W!
Yea man my buddys pumped now that he found out about IC. He got on the site b4 me thismornin n texted me b4 I even knew lol. But u better believe i'm crossing my fingers until G&W is announced. I'll b very pissed if he doesn't return, and my friends will rip on me lol

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Yea man my buddys pumped now that he found out about IC. He got on the site b4 me thismornin n texted me b4 I even knew lol. But u better believe i'm crossing my fingers until G&W is announced. I'll b very pissed if he doesn't return, and my friends will rip on me lol
I dont think they can get rid of the "Father of Liquid Crystal games" that easily...(^^)v

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Awesome! I didn't expect them to be in Brawl, great news ^_^

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
thatd be cool if there were two final smashes... one for popo and one for nana.... like popo could do wobble till apocalypse, or nana performing the freeze glitch... thatd be funny

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
ICE CLIMBERS!!! you know what this means???? that whole article is fallible!!!!

ridley not confirmed :(
Bowser Jr not confirmed :(

Mr G&W might return:confused:

and 2-3 3rd party chars are not confirmed :laugh:

awesome... SNAKE for the only 3rd party char!!! FTW

Fawriel

Smash Master
ICE CLIMBERS!!! you know what this means???? that whole article is fallible!!!!

ridley not confirmed :(
Bowser Jr not confirmed :(

Mr G&W might return:confused:

and 2-3 3rd party chars are not confirmed :laugh:

awesome... SNAKE for the only 3rd party char!!! FTW

What on earth are you talking about?

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
What on earth are you talking about?
The neverending rumor that was going around that said the ICs and G&W were out, and Ridley, WW Link, and Bowser Jr. are in. It was believed credible for quite a while, until some suspicious people did some digging, and found out it was faked.

Fawriel

Smash Master
The neverending rumor that was going around that said the ICs and G&W were out, and Ridley, WW Link, and Bowser Jr. are in. It was believed credible for quite a while, until some suspicious people did some digging, and found out it was faked.
Oooooh. I can't believe I didn't catch on there... for some reason I thought he was talking about the icon number theory and such.

...still doesn't explain the part about Snake being the only 3rd party character, does it?

Top Bottom