• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ice Climbers Thread

Eagle

Smash Lord
I hope the stage that me and my brothers play on all the time won't be a LoZ stage. ( We're Casual Smashers )

I really like ice climbers so I wanna play on a big ice mountain or something, not their crappy old one.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It neither lowers nor raises the chance of Mr. Game and Watch's chances.

We don't know Mr. Game and Watch's chances, and that's that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Yeah, but according to a certain philosophy...if your pesimistic, when bad things happen you already expected it so your ready...But when good things happen your overwhelmed with joy

soulz

Smash Cadet
YES! When my page was loading i was like please be ice climbers, hahah funny how my mind works. I'm glad he decided to keep them in, hopefully technically better to use than before, and hopefully somewhat similar.
I was kinda sad about all the rumors about ICs not coming back but now i'm ecstatic.

Chaos27

Smash Apprentice
Hmm im just wondering but Sakurai said that Popo is wearing blue. Is this true or am i color blind or something cause i see Popo wearing purple.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's blue...your screen is messed up

...I dunno

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Hmm im just wondering but Sakurai said that Popo is wearing blue. Is this true or am i color blind or something cause i see Popo wearing purple.
It's definitely blue, but it does seems to lean on the periwinkle side.

Chrisiscool

Smash Apprentice

there was an old rumor way back in 06 about ic,gw,yl all getting cut and wwlink,ridley,and babybowser filling it in. but now that one character has made it back, that might lead the other ones too. like GW.

like this == if dr mario is confirmed, than wouldnt that raise the chances for falco?

Chepe

Smash Lord
Lets see people try to bring back that crap rumor back now! You know, the Ridley/WW Link/Bowser Jr. replacing Ice Climbers/Young Link/Game&Watch one from the phony radio show?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Got news from the Icon Discovery Thread...

Since Ice Climbers are #14, that leaves 1 more Icon at 13...

Guess who it belongs to...

The only person from Melee whose icon has not been revealed...

GAME & WATCH IS IN!!!

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
**** yeah! They look great and there is no real reason for them to be gone. I actually thought they were really good in Melee.

lampiaio

Smash Cadet
NNID
jp_lampi
This is such a happy moment. It was well worth the suspense!
Such a great week... Lyn ***** deconfirmed, Special Brawl, and a slap on the face of all those non-believers of the Ice Climbers' return!

Thank you very, very much Sakurai! Really worth the wait.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
IN YOUR ****ING FACES IC HATERS!!

Now I just need Ness, Jiggs and Mewtwo to be announced.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Yaaaaaaaaay.

Hehe, I didn't really look forward to them much, although I do like the Icies.
Kind of a pity that they are still half head, but oh well. I look forward to seeing them in random screenshots. ^^

I wonder what Chudat's reaction was when he saw this update...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
This thread has served it's ill fated purpose. Time for the mods to resume clean up duty... :grin:

EDIT: Wait a sec... when the hell did this become the 'official' Ice Climbers discussion thread? I'm almost certain the 'official' wasn't there before this morning...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yaaaaaaaaay.

Hehe, I didn't really look forward to them much, although I do like the Icies.
Kind of a pity that they are still half head, but oh well. I look forward to seeing them in random screenshots. ^^

I wonder what Chudat's reaction was when he saw this update...
He made a thread about it, actually. Explaining his excitement in a sarcastic manner! :grin: That's how we do things here.

And then the #2 ranked Ice Climbers player Wobbles was happy as well [the guy who discovered wobbling]. Ice Climbers fans had to sweat tons of bullets, but overall they made it through in the end. Which is great...except now I'm afraid of getting 5 stocked by those two... :lick:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think its stupid. They should have been cut long ago...
Too bad they weren't...

Their unique and definetly worthy of a repeat after their appearance in Melee...

...Game & Watch is coming back too according to the Icon Discovery theory!!!

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

god woot qwooto I am so happy!

my main returns!

my main returns!

YAAES
YES YEEAS YEESSS SSIIIIIXTTEEEE FFOOOOURUUUURRR!

Sinn

Smash Lord
Hah, unexpected comeback. I hope this stops people from being so adamant about other characters not coming back when they have no real basis to believe so.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Hey, character update, finally. And one of the good veterans returning. I like the IceClimbers ^^ They are difficult to handle at first, but they can be terrific in good hands. Seriously, they needed the appreciation after the long period of absence in Nintendo history. I've never played the original game, but retro characters are always more than welcome (come on, Pit's so cool with his bow/twin swords). Also, certain rumors are dying away at the very moment.

EDIT:
Thino: Hey, that only means that Falcon has one of the best chances returning (I know, there's nothing to speculate about, he WILL make it back, I'm just saying). I guess the reason why they come first is that they are currently still working on Falcon and other characters who didn't do any fighting in their respective ideas. The Ice Climbers are easierto draw and recreate (at least I think) and the developers have at least an idea what their moves would be. This is only speculation, only an idea.

Top Bottom