• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ice Climbers Thread

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
ICE CLIMBERS? SAKURAI HOW COULD U RUIN MY GAME LIKE THIS?!

(Guess who I'm imitating and win a free car!)

I'm seriously glad they're back, though.

joepinion

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I'm here to eat my own foot. I didn't think they'd be back. I'm officially an idiot. I was wrong. My eyes got really wide when I saw them, I was very surprised.

Good job everyone who suspected the truth all along, I was not among you.

They look really awesome. Visusally they get my vote for "most improved character."

I

i8waffles612

Wow I havent posted on these forums for months lol...

Ice Climbers, ehhhhh.... fine i guess lol.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
ICE CLIMBERS? SAKURAI HOW COULD U RUIN MY GAME LIKE THIS?!

(Guess who I'm imitating and win a free car!)

I'm seriously glad they're back, though.
Oh shut up and Deal....if u don't like them...then dont play as them.....sides there niot that bad to use:)

EDIT: Oh wait...yu were joking............Whoops XDDD

Fawriel

Smash Master
not including kirby, pikachu or half of the brawl roster.
I actually count Pikachu as one of the most visually improved.

I mean, CHECK! IT! OUT!

How much MORE badass can you be when you're a small yellow rodent with red cheeks!

But yeah, I'm a little disappointed with their design. Although maybe they do look a little more human in their proportions now... hm... maybe a bit.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
porque!!!!!!!

yeah my one word of spanish
i didnt want the climbers back but i gues i gotta deal

no clones for Brawl!!!!

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
I was more amazed about the nay sayers arguments getting pwned then anything. I couldn't understand what connections the ICs had with Dedede besides hammers or how Rumble Falls somehow de-confirmed them. Heck, I even seen the Footstomp Jump be used as "proof" that the developers couldn't figure out how to get the ICs to perform it and thus somehow de-confirmed them. Seeing how unique they were, I had a hard time seeing how they were gonna get axed in the first place. I was expecting a newcomer since it's been awhile since Diddy and since this week started off with ATs. I was wrong about the newcomer part, but at least now Sakurai's mind games are proving to be more and more true in that the fandom doesn't have the game all figured out.

There wasn't an official Ice Climbers topic before this?

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Ice Climbers FTW. My main has returned. All is good in the world. Brawl can now officially go one on one with melee on final destination and OWN it.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I was more amazed about the nay sayers arguments getting pwned then anything. I couldn't understand what connections the ICs had with Dedede besides hammers or how Rumble Falls somehow de-confirmed them. Heck, I even seen the Footstomp Jump be used as "proof" that the developers couldn't figure out how to get the ICs to perform it and thus somehow de-confirmed them. Seeing how unique they were, I had a hard time seeing how they were gonna get axed in the first place. I was expecting a newcomer since it's been awhile since Diddy and since this week started off with ATs. I was wrong about the newcomer part, but at least now Sakurai's mind games are proving to be more and more true in that the fandom doesn't have the game all figured out.

There wasn't an official Ice Climbers topic before this?
I actually find it funny how one of their screen shots IS them doing a footstool jump xD

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Another awesome Friday update! Look at their parkas, especially in the DP screenie!

Also, they're pirates now, look at their feet!

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
<(^_^<)
(>^_^)>

*dances*

I hope they're mostly unchanged, aside from removing the ability to Wobble.

Or at least keep the desynchs consistent.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Another awesome Friday update! Look at their parkas, especially in the DP screenie!

Also, they're pirates now, look at their feet!
Uhhh.....what?

Though this is kinda funny. Look at Nana's feet. Now look at what Popo is doing to Kirby. Ow. Poor Kirby...

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
While I was never a large fan of the Ice Climbers (or their game) I'm glad they've returned. They were a very unique concept and I was afraid that the similar idea being employed with Pokemon Trainer spelt trouble.

Today was a total mindgame. I hate you Sakurai.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Why yes, they DO deserve to come back...

And they did!

At WaterTails: LOL, pirates rule!

At Sinn: That would be the Footstoll jump. What really makes me feel sorry for Kirby is that the Ice Climbers are wearing cleats! OUCH!

Sinn

Smash Lord
Why yes, they DO deserve to come back...

And they did!

At WaterTails: LOL, pirates rule!

At Sinn: That would be the Footstoll jump. What really makes me feel sorry for Kirby is that the Ice Climbers are wearing cleats! OUCH!
Heh, well I knew WHAT it was...I just found it amusing that there was a foot full of spikes being driven into Kirby's head. I wonder if they both jump on characters for that move...

Mike966

Smash Cadet
I think the moveset will remain the same, maybe they're just making the way nana follows you better (Nana's AI) to make the character more balanced.

Oh and one more thing, they look awesome in brawl, i'm glad to see they are back.

Ice_Climbers2

BRoomer
BRoomer
Best. Update. Ever.

So glad I won't be forced to change my playing style in Brawl. Those fur coats (did they club MORE baby seals?!?!) look great! Can't wait to hear updates on their moveset. Thank you Sakurai!

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully they have figured out a way to take out Wobbling. I have been in fights with IC's that started Wobbling just to get the win because the match was too close. The move is just pretty gay altogether.

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully they have figured out a way to take out Wobbling. I have been in fights with IC's that started Wobbling just to get the win because the match was too close. The move is just pretty gay altogether.
im pretty much gonna sound like a noob here but what is wobbling?

Mike966

Smash Cadet
Ouch, I noticed the footstool jump screen and That shoud do like 50% damage to poor kirby I meand look at those spikes and look how nana's aiming them to kirby's head for a second jump.

Top Bottom