• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Pieman0920

Smash Master
If Geno was a AT, I'd be surprised. For one, as you all may know, I don't think he has any chance of getting in. But, I will also admit that his next most likely spot is a PC, since there has to be a bargin with SE, and why that would be done with him only being a AT just plain wouldn't make sense. (It would be funny though if it was because Mallow was a PC, and they just threw in a Geno AT to complete the cast)

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I don't see the need for arguing when both sides have very valid points. To be honest with you, it's about a 50/50 thing on Geno.

Can we just stop and talk about the character itself without the trolling and insults?

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
That could be several ways.

The scan shows Peach, Mario and Bowser. No Geno. So it could be good, that is if they're trying not to give away Geno's inclusion.

Or it could mean he's not in the game at all?

I don't know :p I hope it means that he's in the game as playable and they just don't want to show him yet.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
What do you mean? They just debate if Ness is out or not
Mario's final smash actually originates from the Mario RPG; Ultra Flare - the move you had to hit Y several times to hit everyone on the screen with. They have screenshots of SMRPG along with Mario's FS in the history section.

antimatter

Smash Lord
but banjo and krunch from diddy kong racing, and necrid from soul caliber 2 are in in some shape or form. wtf is sakurai doing?

edit; nevermind...

Machspeed

Smash Lord
but banjo and krunch from diddy kong racing, and necrid from soul caliber 2 are in. wtf is sakurai doing?
Those characters aren't in, those names are simply mentioned in the copyright because he uses screenshots from Diddy Kong Racing and SC2, which both Banjo, Krunch, and Necrid were in.

Talendime

Smash Ace
Also the roster count has been confirmed to have 48 characters and Square is involved!
Hey where is this info cominng from? I'm so confused I can't figure out what you guys are talking about 'cause I can't find anything? What's going on where did this come from?

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Geno isn't in the screenshot but that doesn't mean they could be trying to hide him just yet. they probably want to avoid crediting him like Necrid.
I don't really see that as a reason. They had to credit Banjo as well, if I recall. And they already credited Square Enix, so what harm would it be to credit them for Geno as well?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
With Mario RPG content in Brawl already, I think it's safe to assume that they truly did look into it...and Geno...

Let's just wait and see what happens...

and hope Geno's Woods song appears on the DOJO...

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
To the slow people: the screenshot means that Mario Finale is inspired by Mario's specials in SMRPG. Mario Finale was confirmed in 2006. There is NOTHING new, except a magazine writer's theory about the origin of a move.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
We're just pretty excited, because we now know Sakurai and his team at least looked to SMRPG a bit, and did SOME research on the game.

Who knows? Maybe alot more could've came from the SMRPG. That makes it two things from the game - Peach's frying pan attack, and the Finale. *cough hopefully Geno next cough*

Anonymousity

Smash Cadet
Looking better by the day for our dude.

With a longer cape, thats about what I want to see! I love the hinge limbs - if Geno makes it, I'm sure the finer details as such will be elaborated even further.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
But the Mario Finale isn't from SMRPG.

The explosion launches out and expands vertically as it travels, so in order to inflict the most damage possible on enemies, it's best to release this from a slight floating or midair position on either the left or right side of the screen.

This sounds very different from throwing lots of big fireballs.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Looking better by the day for our dude.

With a longer cape, thats about what I want to see! I love the hinge limbs - if Geno makes it, I'm sure the finer details as such will be elaborated even further.
I like it but id like him to be a little slimmer

Machspeed

Smash Lord
But the Mario Finale isn't from SMRPG.

The explosion launches out and expands vertically as it travels, so in order to inflict the most damage possible on enemies, it's best to release this from a slight floating or midair position on either the left or right side of the screen.

This sounds very different from throwing lots of big fireballs.
It is however, based off the SMRPG attack "Ultra Flare".

I've seen NO other Mario game where he has used a group fire attack, besides the SMRPG.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
more strawman arguments?

so it's different because he can do it in the air too? give me a break.
No, it's different because he creates an explosion that sends fire in all directions. This has nothing to do with throwing fireballs.

It is however, based off the SMRPG attack "Ultra Flare".

I've seen NO other Mario game where he has used a group fire attack, besides the SMRPG.
Press A in Super Mario World.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
No, it's different because he creates an explosion that sends fire in all directions. This has nothing to do with throwing fireballs.
fire in all directions.

throwing fire balls.

okay, I gotcha. you're absolutely right. he's throwing fire! not fireballs!

Press A in Super Mario World.
he isn't spinning in the final smash, is he?

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
ugh...Mario Finale is NOT anything like the Ultra Flame. both moves were inspired by Mario's basic fireball in Super Mario Bros.

El Fin.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
i think if anything would be close to his final smash it'd be in mario rpg, but its not the same

Top Bottom