• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeah but then again, Necrid?
Surely Namco would have someone FAR more important to put into an SSB game if they had the choice.
Nightmare is pretty much the symbol of Soul Calibur, if they had to choose that game.
Lloyd Irving, from the popular Tales series who would fit very well?

You have to question it a bit from the information that is there; rather hard to believe in my opinion.
I believe Necrid was an exclusive Soul Caliber II character so in a way that would make sense... I don't know. The characters that they come right out and list are more then likely Assist trophies anyway so I seriously doubt the roster is being leaked.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I believe Necrid was an exclusive Soul Caliber II character so in a way that would make sense... I don't know. The characters that they come right out and list are more then likely Assist trophies anyway so I seriously doubt the roster is being leaked.
Nightmare has pretty much been the staple to Soul Calibur from first to third, isn't he the one that wields the actual sword, Soul Calibur, with that monstrous arm?

And what about Pacman, he's from Namco?

Not to mention after all this time and delays, with Megaman's creator willing to lead the character into Brawl, Capcom not contacted?

Too many insecurities to call this legit right now, I don't believe it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Nightmare has pretty much been the staple to Soul Calibur from first to third, isn't he the one that wields the actual sword, Soul Calibur, with that monstrous arm?

And what about Pacman, he's from Namco?

Not to mention after all this time and delays, with Megaman's creator willing to lead the character into Brawl, Capcom not contacted?

Too many insecurities to call this legit right now, I don't believe it.
It's not too far fetched though but you should also keep in mind that the entire copyright wasn't shown as a whole so Capcom could very well still be involved. Regarding Pac-man, his name doesn't have to be listed unless he's making a minor cameo (perhaps he's playable?) and I don't know what to say about Nightmare.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
It's not too far fetched though but you should also keep in mind that the entire copyright wasn't shown as a whole so Capcom could very well still be involved. Regarding Pac-man, his name doesn't have to be listed unless he's making a minor cameo (perhaps he's playable?) and I don't know what to say about Nightmare.
True...

Corocoro is to release another magazine soon if I'm not mistaken? Says something about it in the General Brawl Discussion. It's something like 5 pages where people are expecting some new information - not sure to count on it though. Let us down in December with that issue, however it's extremely close to the Japanese release now.

We'll find out the truth in less than two weeks now...

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
True, it is just hard for me to believe Nintendo would go through the trouble of getting Necrid and "allegedly" forget Megaman and Capcom. Does that make sense to anyone?

Not to mention, why did Namco not go with Pacman? At least he is iconic, unlike this one named Necrid.

None of it makes sense, I will have to wait and see on this one.

I do not care anymore, Sakurai just give me Megaman, Geno and Ridley; everyone else I could care less about.

domriver

Smash Lord

You know I highly doubt that they would put Capcom in there. Its a HUGE giveaway. Sakurai is really doing a good job keeping things under tight seal.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You know I highly doubt that they would put Capcom in there. Its a HUGE giveaway. Sakurai is really doing a good job keeping things under tight seal.
QFT. That is why I believe there will not and has not been any leaks.

Cless

Smash Champion
Nightmare wields the Soul Edge. Xianghua usually uses the Soul Calibur, but, like I said, I think Taki and Mitsurugi are the most popular.

Linkx20

Smash Rookie
Remember back at Mathieu's very first post here? I said he was a huge troll and no one believed me, and he said he was all cool now. Now look at what has happened. I hate to say I told you so.

Geno for Brawl

Kronzo

Smash Apprentice
Geno's chances are looking pretty good. I hope they add a lot of newcomers for Brawl, even if they aren't that interesting.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
Remember back at Mathieu's very first post here? I said he was a huge troll and no one believed me, and he said he was all cool now. Now look at what has happened. I hate to say I told you so.
WTF? When I come here, I provide actual points (no matter how repetitive they get at times). I don't just yell ''GENO SUCKS!!!!!!!!''

schnible

Smash Rookie

that the picture of geno i been talking yesterday... if you never see it you will be in love whit it...

ho hum... no soul calibur playable caracter lol link already there lol... but seriusly ta will be very bad... there if so much combo and attack... and final smash will be very gay i think... ..... .... bah it my opignon

but... i think of a boss fight really nice... the big pib in diddy kong racing will be nice...

and for saying something about geno... it's one of teh best game ever made... i'm sure this isin the top 10 ou maybe top 20... i guess.... and hum he who be balance of teh side of story... what i meen it like if cloud who be there i dont think it will me fair for mario lol... but geno i ok he REALLY STRONG... but not as much as sephroth so for ANY rpg game i think that geno it the only chose they have because any ohter caracter will be too strong... so GENO FOR BRAWL

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Too strong is a weak argument. Mario and Geno proved they could hold their own against Final Fantasy charcters when they beat Culex down.

Besides, Mario's fought worse.

schnible

Smash Rookie
sorry for teh double post but i want to apologise for my english... i'm french so sorry if i made lot of mistake

schnible

Smash Rookie
they don't split building and they dont summon god and they don't have limit break or overdrive or fusion or whatever... they are really strong its sur they can do fire and all the thing it normal but... i think that everybody in brawl are balance... my opignon again but i'm sure i'm right

Anonymousity

Smash Cadet
So what can I do to try and get Mathieu banned?

if I get anywhere with it, I'll post here. We ought to just get rid of this sorry case.

I would attain some vicarious pleasure every time I saw his name and the words 'Banned.'

schnible

Smash Rookie
what's it matter? it's no different than saying "GENO SUCKS!!!!"

it's either a strawman argument or trolling. choose.
lol i'm happy you not hate me I SUPPORT GENO... i juste can't understand the people whi want sephiroth in that game it's make me crazy... come on it's puting danter of devil may cry in harves moon for fighting... MMAAAANNNNN.... lol... the fact whit rpg caracter is they have all or almost all the magic possible and they are good in ALL and the caracter you can't fight well give you healt in no time you become invincible against monster big like my di**... but mario samus lucas bowser geno capt facon it's poeple who have a style and only one thing cool or 2... NOT ALL... falcon if fast and physical and samus is strong and projectil... BUT SEPHIROTH IS STRONG PHYSICAL PROJECTIL FAST BIG AND ALLLLL SORA TO CLOUD TO MAN ALL RPG IS LIKE THAT... soooo in brawl i think that the only on rpg caracter will be geno... sorry if your dream is to have sora or sephiroth... that can happen i'm not sakurai... but if you have the chose betwen geno and cloud man geno fit perfectly... the stage the music all teh thing... i love final it's not that... i can't see it in my head...

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
lol i'm happy you not hate me I SUPPORT GENO... i juste can't understand the people whi want sephiroth in that game it's make me crazy... come on it's puting danter of devil may cry in harves moon for fighting... MMAAAANNNNN.... lol... the fact whit rpg caracter is they have all or almost all the magic possible and they are good in ALL and the caracter you can't fight well give you healt in no time you become invincible against monster big like my di**... but mario samus lucas bowser geno capt facon it's poeple who have a style and only one thing cool or 2... NOT ALL... falcon if fast and physical and samus is strong and projectil... BUT SEPHIROTH IS STRONG PHYSICAL PROJECTIL FAST BIG AND ALLLLL SORA TO CLOUD TO MAN ALL RPG IS LIKE THAT... soooo in brawl i think that the only on rpg caracter will be geno... sorry if your dream is to have sora or sephiroth... that can happen i'm not sakurai... but if you have the chose betwen geno and cloud man geno fit perfectly... the stage the music all teh thing... i love final it's not that... i can't see it in my head...
Post of the year.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
Egno = perfect AT

He's popular, but not really popular enough to be a playable character.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Anonymousity

Smash Cadet
No aspect of Paper Mario holds even the slightest birthday candle to Mario RPG.

Storyline, characters, sales, memorability, anything. Ideally, it should have been Mario RPG 2 way back when on the N64, Square and Geno included.

Top Bottom