• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Copperpot

Smash Ace
If Geno was teamed up with anyone, I'd like it to be Bowser. It'd set up the story for some pretty humorous circumstances, such as Bowser trying to be the bad guy despite Geno conversing with him as if he's on the good side.

Luigi would be pretty cool too, seeing as he's the only main character in the Mario franchise that he hasn't met before.

And Mathieu, you confuse the hell out of me sometimes. :laugh:

Cless

Smash Champion
I don't think Geno is that stupid that he wouldn't realize that Bowser is being evil. He's trying to turn people into trophies.

schnible

Smash Rookie
i like geno whit meta knight team up because geno search a way to get to the star road and the halberd can maybe... that can be cool

Copperpot

Smash Ace
I don't think Geno is that stupid that he wouldn't realize that Bowser is being evil. He's trying to turn people into trophies.
It's not that he wouldn't recognize what Bowser is doing. It's that he'd slap the (explitive) out of Bowser for being a *******. He'd say, "Bowser . . . you silly, silly turtle. YOU'RE COMING WITH ME NOW! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Yes . . . good stuff . . .

Cless

Smash Champion
Why Bowser? He's a bad guy in this. Kirby, Mario, and Peach are already paired off, and if you haven't noticed, characters are randomly paired. Luigi would be best. Either that or some random other unnamed character.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
It's not that he wouldn't recognize what Bowser is doing. It's that he'd slap the (explitive) out of Bowser for being a *******. He'd say, "Bowser . . . you silly, silly turtle. YOU'RE COMING WITH ME NOW! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Yes . . . good stuff . . .
Come on. You need better persuasion than that. Either Geno turns into a cannon, or prepares to fire Geno Beam! =D

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking Geno could team up with Samus, just for the hell of it.

On a side note, who is more annoying, me or Koarin?

domriver

Smash Lord
Thanks. =)

FireBomb made it for me. He's an administator on the site I visit the most, Martel's Forum. Unfortunately, the largest size of this picture I have on me is the 100 x 100 one but I can resize it on ImageShack if you want.

Could you please. I would like put it as wallpaper. Very nice indeed.:chuckle:

domriver

Smash Lord
Somebody rang for a full image of Uncle Kenny's picture of Geno, correct~? I've got just the thing.

And to think, the person who drew this was making it for a Kingdom Hearts roleplay~

Now, this is my first post here, and I'm no Geno fan, or at least, a true one. I've never played Super Mario RPG, but I've seen and heard enough to know that Geno is one heck of a character. He has my 100% support, representing a memorable character that was the birth of the RPG saga for Mario.

May the warrior of the cosmos grace the battlefield one more time.

Geno for Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Um I really hope Sakurai saw this. This would be PERFECT model for Geno in Brawl.

antimatter

Smash Lord
i just thought of something funny. what if someone didnt know who geno was thought the idea of a doll in brawl was stupid and trolled here, but he had the geno avatar!

schnible

Smash Rookie
i found a geno artwork very nice made for brawl by a fan... its very cool but i don't know how to get the url of the image but i will ask my friend and i will add it tomoro i'm sure you will enjoy it... he kick a**

Machspeed

Smash Lord
good stuff man, but still i never even knew about geno untill here, so he isn't as renowended as peeps think, and I am not a nintentard
You, along with many others, never knew Ice Climbers, nor Game & Watch before they hit Melee.

People not knowing Geno is such a right off the bat weak argument, it's ridiculous.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Mario Rpg was one of the games that stood out more to me, and I think for many as well. So if you played it, you'd have many awesome memories from it, and would remember Geno even more than other insignificant game characters like the ice climbers, or , other guy i dont remember.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
People will tell you that Mario 64 was the best Mario game of all time. I disagree, to me, Mario RPG is the best Mario game of all time. For those that don't know this, no explanation will do. But for us who played it, no explanation is necessary.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
People will tell you that Mario 64 was the best game of all time. I disagree, to me, Mario RPG is the best game of all time. For those that don't know this, no explanation will do. But for us who played it, no explanation is necessary.
you have to be a fan of role playing games tho, if not then I could see mario 64 being the best. Personnally, I remember everything about mario rpg so good just because it was so well made for an rpg. Not long enough tho.

Cless

Smash Champion
Mario RPG is great and all, but calling it the best Mario game is a bit much. It was a nice change of pace from your traditional Square RPG, but it's gotta stand up to SMB3 and SMW too. I don't think Mario 64 is the best. I think it's the best 3d Mario game though.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Alright, but I don't recall another Mario game with AS good a story that RPG had. Don't get me wrong Im a Mario fan 4 life. Oh and BTW, for Geno's SE storyline, we can have Ancient Minister hijack the Halberd, and tear through the Star Road, that's how Geno's spirit would be called upon to enter the doll again.

Anonymousity

Smash Cadet
I'm very glad to find so many people who have not only played Mario RPG, but recognize what a ****ing badass Geno was in it. I really didn't think too many people knew about old Geno.

What are your favorite moments of SMRPG?

I have a couple. First, the introduction of Monstro Town. All the characters here were awesome, and right around there was where the game hit full speed. Then, the fight with the fire dragon inside the volcano level.

Random SMRPG splurging, but **** yeah. Tell me yours.

Cless

Smash Champion
It's an RPG. It better have a good story. That's one of the principle reasons to play an RPG. Do you play other Mario games for their engaging story though?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Mario RPG is great and all, but calling it the best Mario game is a bit much. It was a nice change of pace from your traditional Square RPG, but it's gotta stand up to SMB3 and SMW too. I don't think Mario 64 is the best. I think it's the best 3d Mario game though.
I agree here.
IMO, Smash is the best game :grin: SMRPG is pretty damm good though.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I seem to recall liking monstro town as well. Fighting the small dojo master and then fighthing the secret boss next door :)

I also remember how surprised I was when I accidentally found the lazy shells and tested them out only to find they were overpowered equipment :O

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
My best memory was fighting Bundt and Rasberry. Or Moleville Mountain, flying out of the mountain and crashing through Dyna and Mite's house. lol

Cless

Smash Champion
Culex is probably one of the things I remember most because I loved FFIV at the time. Still do, ever since I played it when I was 6-ish.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I remember Princess Valentina and Mallow's town along with the Axem Rangers fight, the best.
Smithy's boss fight was alot less challenging... than I expected.

Mario: Attack Lazy Shell - Timed hit
Geno: Attack Star Gun - Timed hit
Smithy: Sledge/Minion Sword Rain
Peach: Group Hug

He was gone a bit too fast. :chuckle:

Top Bottom