• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

spindash

Smash Ace
Somebody rang for a full image of Uncle Kenny's picture of Geno, correct~? I've got just the thing.

And to think, the person who drew this was making it for a Kingdom Hearts roleplay~

Now, this is my first post here, and I'm no Geno fan, or at least, a true one. I've never played Super Mario RPG, but I've seen and heard enough to know that Geno is one heck of a character. He has my 100% support, representing a memorable character that was the birth of the RPG saga for Mario.

May the warrior of the cosmos grace the battlefield one more time.

Geno for Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...
Now, this is my first post here, and I'm no Geno fan, or at least, a true one. I've never played Super Mario RPG, but I've seen and heard enough to know that Geno is one heck of a character. He has my 100% support, representing a memorable character that was the birth of the RPG saga for Mario.

I've never played it either, but Geno seems awesome enough for THE Brawl (And the future Smash games). Btw, Geno's "quote" in all the banners is the best (I serve... a higher authority).

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Somebody rang for a full image of Uncle Kenny's picture of Geno, correct~? I've got just the thing.

And to think, the person who drew this was making it for a Kingdom Hearts roleplay~

I can see Geno looking like that in brawl.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Originally Posted by Cless
That old Toad on one of the trophy bases, he's from SMRPG isn't he?

^
I think you're thinking of the Chancellor of Mushroom Kingdom. I don't know if he was related to Peach. But the Chancellor is yet another character who deserves to come back, and thank you all for blessing Geno to come back into Brawl.

schnible

Smash Rookie
hum i think of something about 3rd party... geno is the only caracter from square i think ( whit mallow) who be in a mario game... and hum maybe i wrong but i dont remember any caracter of a different game exept donkey kong who are present in a mario game... or nintendo game... i dont play much of nintendo game but if i'm right... geno will be in brawl for sure... he his a great connection... it's like having and asbine in our team of baseball like baberuth lol if he was alive... you don't have to agree or not...

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
All the detractors' legal mumbo jumbo won't mean a thing. It's the only argument they have against adding Geno in this game. Quite frankly it's a weak argument because....oh hello Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga. Every other Mario character the detractors could think of to be in this game over Geno, see Waluigi. And look what happened to him. The character who placed 3rd on Sakurai's poll, is still standing. The toy soldier has survived almost a year of uncertainty, and as the days continue until Brawl's release Geno's chances have risen each and every day. His chances have remained intact. Geno can't miss.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
All the detractors' legal mumbo jumbo won't mean a thing. It's the only argument they have against adding Geno in this game. Quite frankly it's a weak argument because....oh hello Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga. Every other Mario character the detractors could think of to be in this game over Geno, see Waluigi. And look what happened to him. The character who placed 3rd on Sakurai's poll, is still standing. The toy soldier has survived almost a year of uncertainty, and as the days continue until Brawl's release Geno's chances have risen each and every day. His chances have remained intact. Geno can't miss.
If Geno were to be confirmed, it would create a domino effect. Geno will surely have a trophy, PC or not. People will see the game, play the game to see how Geno is like. With that, even the younger audience will know. When Nintendo, or Square Enix see this popularity, they will then decide on the sequel. If there is going to be another smash game, Geno will surely have high standings on the poll due to his massive popularity increase for being in Brawl. Then, Geno might, just might get his own series. Geno is going to revive the long overdue SMRPG and show gamers how most Mario RPG games began...

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
We've waited over 12 years to play as Geno. I know I have. That's truth. I wondered why Geno wasn't playable in Mario 64 and on. He missed, game after game. We deserve Geno in Brawl, this will be for all of us who never gave up hope, and fought for him. If I ever get Sakurai's email address, I will never stop thanking him. On 03/09/08, Geno shall rise from the ashes, and be put back into the mainstream.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
Geno is going to be in Brawl. Whether its PC,AT, trophy,or sticker, we will see Geno, no matter what, no matter how many people hate him, he WILL be in Brawl. Hopefully as a PC. I want to use Geno Whirl(9999 % =D) and Geno beam again! :D

BTW did you like my recolors?

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, this is something you should see.

Before you ask. This account is a proxy. I'm really paranoid about losing my real account for providing you with the information you're about to see. Also, while I can't reveal the name of my souce, I can tell you he was an old navy buddy of my dad's when he was stationed in Seattle, then he joined Nintendo a few years back. He told me to keep this stuff to myself, but this stuff is just too good to pass up.

First of all, I'd like to reveal the identity of the next third party character. It's Sora from Kingdom Hearts. They're apparently using his Kingdom Hearts 2 model with each of his Drive Forms serving as costumes (including his Kingdom Hearts 1 costume.)

Also, since getting Donald and Goofy as Assist Trophies would mean having to go through Disney, they're not going to be in. I don't know who will replace them as Kingdom Hearts Assist trophies. One would think Riku, but he's instead going to be a boss in SSE in his Ansem possessed form with his Dark Keyblade. If I recall, it's going to be Link and Pokemon Trainer who have to fight him with Sora appearing later on to assist, which you unlock Sora after this fight. There are three maps of the Kingdom Hearts universe that can be unlocked, Hallow Bastion, which is the area where Sora fights Riku after he gets possessed by Ansem, Traverse Town in the Second District by the fountain, every hour on the hour, you'll hear bells chime and the mural behind the fountain changes. The third is Twilight Town, where you're on the top of a train as it travels through the various areas of Twilight Town.

Geno is also unlockable. Though for some odd reason, he appears to have the Mushroom Kingdom Mushroom as his symbol. My source was unable to see him fight, so he has no idea how he's unlocked and what his abilities are.

Lucario is also unlockable. My source told me he's unlocked via means other than SSE. The way he mentioned this lead me to believe he's unlocked via an event. One of his costumes is his shiny form. The only special attacks he mentioned is his standard, Aura Sphere which charges like DK's and Samus' standard and an undisclosed special, but it seems like a Down Special, Dragon Pulse.

Raiden and Revolver Ocelot are Assist Trophies. My source is a big fan of Metal Gear Solid, so these excite him quite a bit.

Knuckles and Tails are also Assist Trophies. Dr. Eggman appears as a boss, though he didn't make it clear who exactly fights him.

He also mentioned that some Pikmin fauna will also be Assist Trophies.

Ganondorf is back and his Final Smash is his beast form from Twilight Princess. He also uses his sword a lot more often than his Melee counterpart.

My source mentioned C. Falcon returning was a possibility and so was Ness. C. Falcon will have his moveset remain intact while Ness will be overhauled. They will be unlocked in a similar manner to their SSB counterparts.

Wind Waker Link will be available. He'll fight similarly to his older counterpart but his Up B will be replaced with the Deku Leaf which acts like Peach's umbrella. He also uses his Grappling Hook as opposed to his older counterpart's Clawshot.

That's all for now. I've given you a taste of what I know. I'll post more a little later.
Niw I hope this is true, but there are a few things wrong with this:

1) Its from gamefaqs. =p

2) It doesn't show his source at all.

3) It shows Ness, and Ness is basically gone.

If this happenes to be true, that'll be ok, as long as I get my Geno! MY GENO!

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, this is something you should see.

Niw I hope this is true, but there are a few things wrong with this:

1) Its from gamefaqs. =p

2) It doesn't show his source at all.

3) It shows Ness, and Ness is basically gone.

If this happenes to be true, that'll be ok, as long as I get my Geno! MY GENO!
:ohwell: as long as Geno is in... although Kingdom Hearts is (IMO) almost impossible to get in. As for Ness, I'd like him to return, but Claus should get in first, 3 Mother reps is still possible...

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
I was astonished when I noticed that Mario RPG came out March 9. It has to mean something. The second coming is upon us, fellow smashers.

save_us_heart_music_!_?

RobinotX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobinotX
I think the chance of Geno is really high..

Also he would be really a special character.. like Olimar. Is own style.

schnible

Smash Rookie
try to imagine what his story will be in susbpace... man i'm afraid to die before the game release... man ta will be hell juste knowing that geno is in brawl and that i cant play meuheuheu

Top Bottom