• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Nothing too much, from what I noticed. Go back about two pages and you can see some speculation on Mario's FS called "Ultra Flame"(I hope) which is what it is known as in SMRPG. Coincidence(sp?), who knows?

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
I imagine Geno Whirl would make the perfect side-B. Fast, horizontally-moving disk(s) that can be aimed up or down, but travels in a straight line. (Quickly.) I would see it as a blunt strike with decent knockback, which could KO at high percentages, but you could also say it would go through the enemy and not cause huge knockback.

Geno would truly be a character of many projectiles, so Geno Beam as B firing directly horizontal and Geno Whirl as side B doing the same but with y-axis aim. Plausible :)

I think Geno's up-B could use the most speculation. How do we give this guy a 3rd jump? Geno Boost?
Basicaly what I think ;). How I think Geno Beam should work is like, it doesn't travel like Samus' shot, it just travels a short distance and stays there, damaging. It wouldn't have any knockback (so it wouldn't be broken) but could be charged to stay in place longer

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Is Geno 2nd party or 3rd party?
If I recall, and I can be wrong.

Geno is owned by Square Enix, but has only appeared in Mario games, which obviously are associated with Nintendo.

From what I've heard, he's either 2.5 party or 3rd party, with the 2.5 party status giving Nintendo the rights to use him while giving Square credits.

However, from what I've also heard, and that has been stated throughout this topic, and other places, is that Sakurai considers Geno a 1st party, meaning if he is in Brawl, he will not take up a 3rd party slot.

I'm probably wrong/misinformed on a majority of this, but I do know he's owned by Square Enix.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I forgot to ask if the Geno crowd likes my new sig. How ya'll doing? Is my sig up to standard you hold so high for Geno's greatness? It's a little scratchy around the edges to be sure, since it's hand drawn, but I had fun animating it. lol

ya know, I might even give up on Ice Climbers as main as Geno if he got in. maybe not, but... maybe. Geno just might be awesome enough.. hrm.

Originally Posted by Shuma View Post
Geno is too big to be in Brawl.
that was hilarious.

domriver

Smash Lord
If I recall, and I can be wrong.

Geno is owned by Square Enix, but has only appeared in Mario games, which obviously are associated with Nintendo.

From what I've heard, he's either 2.5 party or 3rd party, with the 2.5 party status giving Nintendo the rights to use him while giving Square credits.

However, from what I've also heard, and that has been stated throughout this topic, and other places, is that Sakurai considers Geno a 1st party, meaning if he is in Brawl, he will not take up a 3rd party slot.

I'm probably wrong/misinformed on a majority of this, but I do know he's owned by Square Enix.
That is probably the case. I think Nintendo and Square Enix BOTH owned Geno and if either of them use them in their games. They just have to give credit for each other for using them due to legal purposes.

GenoX

Smash Rookie
That is probably the case. I think Nintendo and Square Enix BOTH owned Geno and if either of them use them in their games. They just have to give credit for each other for using them due to legal purposes.

thus making geno have the upper side rather than sora.but he wont take the 3rd party spot then??!

Wrath`

Smash Master
Geno isn't joint owned. He's all Square, as stated in the disclaimers if you beat the game. it says EXCEPT, not WITH. Also says in wikipediaL

Although Geno is a registered trademark of Square...

An otherworldly traveler sent by a higher authority, whose real name is ♥♪!?, comes to Mario's world from Star Road to find the seven Star Pieces. Borrowing the form of Gaz's doll, Geno, a beam of light radiates.

that means he's not FROM mario universe, so he WENT there.
my friend said this on another forum, just throwing it out there

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
my friend said this on another forum, just throwing it out there
Geno is FROM the Mario Universe. Period. Star Road is part of the Mario Universe, you should know that, judging by your Doopliss avatar since the star road appears in Paper Mario games.

And.

"Also says wikipedia"

Yeah... that should make it true ¬¬

Wrath`

Smash Master
wow geting flamed for thing i didn't even say, geno fanboys take two steps backwards.

star raod does not apear in the 1,000 year door one.

D

Deleted member

wow geting flamed for thing i didn't even say, geno fanboys take two steps backwards.

He never flamed you.... >__>

star raod does not apear in the 1,000 year door one.
So, that automatically makes it no longer existing in the Mario Universe?

GenoX

Smash Rookie
after geno's appearence- mariog ames where all about stars( paper mario 2 crystal stars.)
before geno's appearnce- all the games where basic side scrollers, coorect me if im wrong.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
after geno's appearence- mariog ames where all about stars( paper mario 2 crystal stars.)
before geno's appearnce- all the games where basic side scrollers, coorect me if im wrong.
No, your right. Before SMRPG, save Mushroom Kingdom and save the princess. After SMRPG, do both by collecting stars.

schnible

Smash Rookie
hum the doll of geno if from mario world... the star from star road... but they can bring the puppet alive whitout the star hehe that make i'm a 1st party

hum and for the 3rd jump of geno i think of gun get out of his foot aim aim bottom... that not a move he have but that can be cool... and for his 3 tunt i think that he can take somethink in his have and says thanks you and have a freebie lol... his stance of victory and i don't know for the third... maybe be show off lol...

but you know there is not juste ultra flame and frying pan of mario rpg... peach have slap and parasol too... and bowser have nothing but mabe the side-b without grabing if the basic move of bouser because he not doing it in any other game i think... and he no geno so well that i'm sure he have a doll of geno in his house and he sleep whit it all night...

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
hum the doll of geno if from mario world... the star from star road... but they can bring the puppet alive whitout the star hehe that make i'm a 1st party

hum and for the 3rd jump of geno i think of gun get out of his foot aim aim bottom... that not a move he have but that can be cool... and for his 3 tunt i think that he can take somethink in his have and says thanks you and have a freebie lol... his stance of victory and i don't know for the third... maybe be show off lol...

but you know there is not juste ultra flame and frying pan of mario rpg... peach have slap and parasol too... and bowser have nothing but mabe the side-b without grabing if the basic move of bouser because he not doing it in any other game i think... and he no geno so well that i'm sure he have a doll of geno in his house and he sleep whit it all night...
Lots of the moves now are from SMRPG. Peach's frying pan, FS, parasol, slap, Ultra Flare that is kinda related to Mario's FS.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Geno versus Mario on brawl would be pretty sweet,

^

When I get the game, Im doing a Mario RPG Alumni 4-way. Mario Vs. Geno Vs. Bowser Vs. Peach!

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Well, Mallow doesn't suck. I wish Mallow could be in too. But based on popularity the general assumption is that Geno will be in over Mallow. But let's hope that if Mario RPG gets ATs that Mallow could maybe use Shocker or Snowy attack.

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
Well, Mallow doesn't suck. I wish Mallow could be in too. But based on popularity the general assumption is that Geno will be in over Mallow. But let's hope that if Mario RPG gets ATs that Mallow could maybe use Shocker or Snowy attack.
Well, in a 48 roster (as it was speculated), it think Mallow has a bit of a chance, very little, but he has a chance. I mean, he was requested in Sakurai's juornal (along with Geno). Since the would be already getting Geno, Mallow wouldn't be that hard, at least as an AT :ohwell:

Musica Amante

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I like Mallow more than Geno, but I know that Mallow is nowhere near as popular and will be lucky if he even gets a sticker.

Geno on the other hand, I fully expect to be a playable character.

Top Bottom