• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
I thought Sakurai was there when the article was being written, or he at least looked it over while is was being made.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I thought Sakurai was there when the article was being written, or he at least looked it over while is was being made.

Correct me if I am wrong.
Agreed.

I don't think a game creator would let a magazine yank his information, and interpret it in false ways without his supervision.

Anonymousity

Smash Cadet
Thats about the closest thing to Mario's final smash, though. Basically, it makes sense/ Does that confirm anything about Sakurai's influence behind the FS? Nah.

It's still pretty ****ing interesting, and realistic. Another reason to beleive they're taking attention to SMRPG, in the least.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Guys, remember that the move is inspired from Mario RPG, obviousy it's not going to look exactly like it. It would be a different case if they said the FS was based on that move. ;)

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
It does make you think, there has to be a reason, I think they're trying to prepare us for Geno by gradually reintroducing us to MarioRPG.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Also, a game rep always has to be present at the time when the magazine is being edited; and the rep is always Sakurai or someone of equal importance. A magazine wouldn't lie about such minor things, if they did, they would lose the trust of the game developers, and lose credibility as well; which is something no magazine wants, especially when they're competing with the Internet.

Sorry for the double post, but the edit button wasn't working on me :p

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
They only need a full copy of the game to make a guide. Sakurai has nothing to do with this.
truth. actually, Serebii mentioned that not too long ago.

Guys, remember that the move is inspired from Mario RPG, obviousy it's not going to look exactly like it. It would be a different case if they said the FS was based on that move. ;)
alright, i'll buy that. i can see the move as being "inspiration." in fact, iirc the whole screen started to glow red as Mario used Ultra Flame in SMRPG...it was a badass move.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
12 days until we know if Geno got in. Come on Sakurai, build up some hype and reveal him. Also if people say he might be a secret character and might not be revealed, how do we know if King Dee Dee, Olimar, or any other character is a secret character?

Talendime

Smash Ace
I think they're trying to prepare us for Geno.
hahahah 'cause we're so not prepared for Geno yet. lol

But all this recent talk about Mario Finale's connection to Ultra Flame (yes, it's Ultra Flame, not Ultra Flare) is kind of surprising to me. I mean, the first time I saw Mario do his Finale I immediately thought of Ultra Flame. Just a little revamped.
And yes, the screen did gradually get brighter and redder during all of Mario's special fire moves (Fire Orb, Super Flame, Ultra Flame).

It would have been so cool if that Blue Spade thing appeared on Mario's body before he unleashed the Mario Finale. That would be a true tribute.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Peach's final smash sleeps the opponents, just like in SMRPG. One of her special moves slept the opponent, I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong. I think it was called Mute.

GenoX

Smash Rookie
ey im new here but w/e. When people say they dont know geno good for them what about evry1 else, in Japan only Mario rpg sold over 1 million copies, back in 1996. Also idk if anyone thought about this over 1k pages but For Geno FS as a more creative one he could call down the 7 star spirits from paper mario star hill. The 7 seven spirits rise Geno into the circle of the 7 and cause a massive star storm. jsut throwing some ideas out.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I like that idea, but it would be similar to Lucas's PK Star storm. Geno Flash is still the best FS choice for geno to use.
And welcome to the thread.:)

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
12 days until we know if Geno got in. Come on Sakurai, build up some hype and reveal him. Also if people say he might be a secret character and might not be revealed, how do we know if King Dee Dee, Olimar, or any other character is a secret character?
DDD is a starter...Olimer is likely not to be though.

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
It's fake? aww ****
To be honest, there are people saying it is and then people treating it as legit. So I really don't know :/

From what I've heard it's "fake" according to some, so I'd say just take it with a grain of salt for now :[

schnible

Smash Rookie
man i hope it's not fake

i made a theorie that depress me so much... in the 2 last smash there is always a little less secret caracter than the half of the playable caracter so if there is 48 i'm wrong and happy... but his i'm right there will be betwene 35 ans 40 caracter... and a lot of people will not have the playable caracter they want... and i'm afraid for geno... man god make me wrong lol... we knoe already 25 caracter... and a lest 5 veteran who will return like falcon luigi and gigglypuff because they are secret in the first brawl... but that make around 30, 32 caracter that we a SURE ans the reste we can guesse them and a lot of caracter will miss... 48 playable caracter is too cool... i hope that true... really if you can show me where you find this info i'll be very glad

GenoX

Smash Rookie
I like that idea, but it would be similar to Lucas's PK Star storm. Geno Flash is still the best FS choice for geno to use.
And welcome to the thread.:)

ty. ya youre right about that. i would also like to see 48 and seems highly reasonable, but it think we are going to get 40.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
I think the "48 character" thing turned out to be fake since they took it off brawlcentral. :ohwell:

I still think we might get 40 or more. Just as long as Geno is one of them :)

paralasalud

Smash Ace
I think the "48 character" thing turned out to be fake since they took it off brawlcentral. :ohwell:

I still think we might get 40 or more. Just as long as Geno is one of them :)
i'll be happy as long as the roster is semi-balanced.
everyone wants quantity over quality.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
i like geno flash for an FS.
it'd be like a giant smart bomb going off in the center of the stage.

or kinda like a shortened version of entei's move from melee, and only in the center.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
Maybe Geno Whirl can work? Maybe...
haha i made a moveset with geno whirl as as the FS a while back..
it's funny how fast your post gets buried in a thread as active as this one :laugh:

but it didn't seem very practical.
you can go find it and see what you think, though i have no idea of its whereabouts.

Anonymousity

Smash Cadet
I imagine Geno Whirl would make the perfect side-B. Fast, horizontally-moving disk(s) that can be aimed up or down, but travels in a straight line. (Quickly.) I would see it as a blunt strike with decent knockback, which could KO at high percentages, but you could also say it would go through the enemy and not cause huge knockback.

Geno would truly be a character of many projectiles, so Geno Beam as B firing directly horizontal and Geno Whirl as side B doing the same but with y-axis aim. Plausible :)

I think Geno's up-B could use the most speculation. How do we give this guy a 3rd jump? Geno Boost?

Top Bottom