• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nice try. Your fanboyism made you jump to conclusions. Very stupid conclusions at that.

Yes, Geno is listed under the Mario series. That's because characters are sorted by series. ''Third-party'', in that list, refers to third-party series. The Mario series is first-party. Geno is part of the Mario series. Does that mean Geno is first-party? Absolutely not. Here is a much more calculated, non-fanboyistic conclusion:

Geno is a third-party character from a first-party series.

As proof, I have a copyright Square-Enix. in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. As ''proof'', you have a vague argument that can be interpreted in different ways.

YOU fail.
I think Sakurai cares more about the fact he considers Geno a Mario character above Non-Nintendo characters such as Sonic and such

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Geno is a Mario character. I've never denied that. But he still is third-party, which implies communication between Nintendo and Square-Enix.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Not like it matters. All Sakurai would have to do is give name Squeenix in the credits. That's all.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
Not like it matters. All Sakurai would have to do is give name Squeenix in the credits. That's all.
False. This was the case for Mario & Luigi, because some of the developpers had worked on SMRPG.

Ah, fanboys! Always jumping to simple conclusions!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The good thing is if Geno is first party, all that money might have gone to get Megaman in! Than EVERYONE is happy, except for the people who want Dry Bones. :\

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Nice try. Your fanboyism made you jump to conclusions. Very stupid conclusions at that.

Yes, Geno is listed under the Mario series. That's because characters are sorted by series. ''Third-party'', in that list, refers to third-party series. The Mario series is first-party. Geno is part of the Mario series. Does that mean Geno is first-party? Absolutely not. Here is a much more calculated, non-fanboyistic conclusion:

Geno is a third-party character from a first-party series.

As proof, I have a copyright Square-Enix. in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. As ''proof'', you have a vague argument that can be interpreted in different ways.

YOU fail.

Than that means that Donkey Kong and all of Donkey Kongs stages are 3rd party stages. Look at what it says in the Melee booklet.

Rare Ltd.

Certain characters and items from PERFECT DARK and DONKEY KONG COUNTRY 2. DONKEY KONG 64. Rap Music based on original
DONKEY KONG 64 music courtesy of Rare Limited.

FAIL Execute and eliminate

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Geno is third-party. So Sakurai is going to have to go to Square to get his rights, no doubt about it.

But, Sakurai can still list Geno as a Mario character, thus not taking up a third-party slot, right? At least, that's the way I see it. Geno would be a third-party character that is treated as a first-party when it comes to slots.

But, I am not Square nor Nintendo. So, whatever they see fit will be what it is by, anyway. There really is no point in arguing his party 'status.'

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
*whew* That guy said that neither Geno or Megaman was in Brawl, but he had Black Shadow. :\

But he got all angry and said he was not going to scan his magazine of the roster because everyone was ungrateful.

I'm not coming back. I tried to help by giving you this list, but as always, the ungrateful majority of you **** on everything that comes out of my mouth.

What annoys me the most is that you guys are flaming me for YOUR OWN IGNORANCE. "Fake, Sonic's not there." Yes he is. Learn to read before complaining.

I have work in a few hours, where I was going to bring the guide in for a few scans. We only have one cellphone (my wife has it), which we swap custody of whenever one of us has work, so we can get in contact with each other if something happens. We don't really have the money to pay for another cellphone plan, let alone a scanner. I assure you those pics were going to come.

You'll see when the game comes out that I was right. The same thing happened for Melee. I may be a relatively new user, but I'm no liar.
LoL

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Do not worry, the guy made a thread a minute later called "i lied lolz." It was deleted quickly. w00t ^_^

I just want Megaman and Geno confirmed soon. /_\

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Well I say it's not up to us, it's up to Sakurai. It's up to him to ask Square. He seems to go with what the fans want, so I say we'll see Geno as PC. And at the same time Mega Man fans shouldn't be worried that Geno will take his "spot" as I think Sakurai is out to make everyone happy.

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
Square made the GAMEPLAY of mario rpg. They made the game with squaresoft because they were and still are the best RPG making company ever, and they wanted the game to be a great one.
Square blows in comparison to Enix.

Nintendo kept the rights to the DK characters only because they had created them.
& what about the Perfect Dark crediting? Nintendo never owned Perfect Dark.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
man...i thought we've gone over this already.

the creator of Geno works for Alpha Dream now, which is a subsidiary of Nintendo. Nintendo does NOT need Square's permission to use the character, even though they may still need to give Square credit.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
man...i thought we've gone over this already.

the creator of Geno works for Alpha Dream now, which is a subsidiary of Nintendo. Nintendo does NOT need Square's permission to use the character, even though they may still need to give Square credit.
Can we see some proof?

If this is true, magnificent.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
& what about the Perfect Dark crediting? Nintendo never owned Perfect Dark.
Rare at the time of Melee was a second party member of Nintendo, and thus their stuff was fair game back then. Nintendo added their item, and then gave credit to Rare, who they ownd at the time. Now Square has broken away, but that wasn't the case then. =/

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
lulz lest wate an see, im shoe genno won be in lul
do you ever get tired of trolling? cause i just took a quick look at your post history and that seems to be all you've done since you signed up here. not to mention that this last post was just blatantly spam. maybe it's time you found something more productive to do with your time?

Cless

Smash Champion
Rare at the time of Melee was a second party member of Nintendo, and thus their stuff was fair game back then. Nintendo added their item, and then gave credit to Rare, who they ownd at the time. Now Square has broken away, but that wasn't the case then. =/
Nintendo never owned Squaresoft.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
do you ever get tired of trolling? cause i just took a quick look at your post history and that seems to be all you've done since you signed up here. not to mention that this last post was just blatantly spam. maybe it's time you found something more productive to do with your time?
Yeah, it's getting old. I can't wait until it stops when the roster is revealed (and we see who wins).

Top Bottom