• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
ITT: insecurity?

By which I mean, attacking me over my maturity for using a word in a tongue-in-cheek manner.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Not at all an insecurity, but I've been observing you for quite awhile.

Your attempts at sarcasm, your constant visits to the thread on a negative note, your arrogance, your crude humor, it all adds up. Half the time your here, you don't even provide facts on why Geno can't be in, but rather your own whims.

Really, and your quite biased against Geno. Whether you like the doll or not, he has much better chances than you credit him for.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Don't bother arguing with Mathieu21, I've seen him on the gamefaqs boards. He hates Geno so much that he uses other accounts to troll Geno topics, he gets off on it. His one argument against Geno is redundant and weak.(In before sarcastic reply)

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
Your attempts at sarcasm, your constant visits to the thread on a negative note, your arrogance, your crude humor, it all adds up. Half the time your here you don't even provide facts on why Geno can't be in, but rather your own whims.

Really, and your quite biased against Geno. Whether you like the doll or not, he has much better chances than you credit him for.
Crude humor? I don't remember making any fart jokes.

There are arguments for and against Geno. You give priority to what Geno has going for him, and I give priority to what he has going against him.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
do you ever get tired of trolling? cause i just took a quick look at your post history and that seems to be all you've done since you signed up here. not to mention that this last post was just blatantly spam. maybe it's time you found something more productive to do with your time?
He does it on Game FAQs too and he acts like a person I once knew back in 2006... I wouldn't doubt it if he was the same person... His name was Blue... something or other, I don't remember his full screename.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Crude humor? I don't remember making any fart jokes.

There are arguments for and against Geno. You give priority to what Geno has going for him, and I give priority to what he has going against him.
Stop posting those self-portraits. This isn't MySpace.
Crude - Obsolete. unripe; not mature.
:ohwell:

I give way for both arguments, Geno can't be considered a shoe-in, but he neither has bad chances.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
BlueAnnihilator?

And I'm stopping trolling once I get Brawl and unlock everything.
Yep and you certainly came up with his name fast. ;) Anyways, who do you want in Brawl anyways? It seems like this is the only thread you're ever in and you're interest in this game can't be exclusive to seeing if Geno is deconfirmed...

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Yeah, because posting a picture of a baby, with a caption from an Internet meme is really mature.
You actually agreed that Geno had somewhat of chances, when you said you would jump out the window, so it was special occasion. Not always, if ever, does Mattheiu listen to other people's points of view - I think that calls for a celebration.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
Yep and you certainly came up with his name fast. ;) Anyways, who do you want in Brawl anyways? It seems like this is the only thread you're ever in and you're interest in this game can't be exclusive to seeing if Geno is deconfirmed...
Mega Man, Midna, Lucario, Olimar (confirmed) and Bowser Jr. are my most wanted characters.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Well he likes Bowser Jr, that explains a lot >>

I think Olimar was our last character update, if Geno is in, he'd most certainly be a secret character.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace

I think Olimar was our last character update, if Geno is in, he'd most certainly be a secret character.
next week will be the last week of updates before the japanese game is released. at that point, there will be no reason for Sakurai to hold back anything so i definitely think he'll be updating characters much more frequently. in fact, i wouldn't be surprised if we got another character next week. and Sheik seems to be on the cards since the CoroCoro news.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I personally think there are still more characters in the starting roster and this could prove to be true if all 30 of the Coro Coro cards end up being characters. If you ask me, I think there are four more characters: Captain Falcon, Shiek, Krystal, and whoever the Animal Crossing rep is.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I personally think there are still more characters in the starting roster and this could prove to be true if all 30 of the Coro Coro cards end up being characters. If you ask me, I think there are four more characters: Captain Falcon, Shiek, Krystal, and whoever the Animal Crossing rep is.
I couldn't agree more.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Hmm thats true when you put it that way. It makes sense, although if any newcomer character were to be released next week, I would definitely put my money on Geno, Ridley or Krystal. As for the Vets, I think we might see Sheik and Capt Falcon next week, unless Sakurai decides to make him "hidden".

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
next week will be the last week of updates before the japanese game is released. at that point, there will be no reason for Sakurai to hold back anything so i definitely think he'll be updating characters much more frequently. in fact, i wouldn't be surprised if we got another character next week. and Sheik seems to be on the cards since the CoroCoro news.
Aww, you're premium now? Venom kicks @$$ :cool:

On Topic: I actually am starting to think the rest of the characters may be unlockables :ohwell:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, Sakurai has dropped plenty of hints that he hasn't shown all the starting roster yet like how he has yet to show us any screenshots of the true select screen. I mentioned the four characters I did because:

Shiek: We've known about Zelda since late June and Sakurai still hasn't shown her Final Smash and only half of her special attacks on the Dojo site. The fact that Zelda wasn't at either E for All or Jump Festa basically proved that there was defintely something about Zelda that he didn't want revealed yet.

Captain Falcon: The F-Zero icon was revealed on July 1st. Since then, we have seen several F-Zero trophies and if Melee was any indication, unlockable franchises very rarely had that many trophies compared to the franchises that were playable and available from the get-go. When I saw the bulborb in the trophy update, I theorized that Captain Olimar was going to be in the starting roster based on this and my theory ended up being correct. Now, last monday, we were shown the Alloy team and the Red Alloy is obviously based on Captain Falcon just like the Male Wireframe was in Melee. Simply based on logic and what we saw in both the original and Melee, why would Sakurai make this available from the get-go unless it didn't reveal anything important.

Krystal- Fits perfectly into the "holes theory", enough said.

The Animal Crossing rep- Very similar to what I said about Captain Falcon. The only thing that's really different is that the Animal Crossing stage was avaiable at both E for All and Jump Festa and was revealed the day after E3 back in July thus heavily suggesting that it is not unlockable.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
so we practilly have geno right?:ohwell:
There's not enough evidence to show that he's guarenteed but 4 of the 9 characters mentioned more then twice in Sakurai's journal are already in the starting roster so, theoritically, this increases Geno's chances of being unlockable since it is more then obvious that the journal is reflection of what Sakurai and his staff are interested in.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
I'm more in the mood for a burger right now. One of those spicy chicken sandwiches from BK would be good right about now.

Come on Geno!

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Aww now I'm hungry..I could go for some KFC :hunger: Eh...later..

So, assuming he obviously ain't a starter, when do you think they'll update him on the Dojo?
after the U.S, release. but we'll know anyway in a week and a half. maybe sooner, depending on how soon japanese reviewers are getting the game.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Great... now I'm hungry too. :laugh: I leave for England for two months tomorrow so I hope I don't go crazy having to wait an extra six weeks to play Brawl... If Geno is indeed playable, I think I will truely go mad. :psycho:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
wow geno sure seems popular and ima craving some hot pockets now:lick:
I was just thinking of that too! Plus I don't have any money(pick up my check tommorrow) :(
after the U.S, release. but we'll know anyway in a week and a half. maybe sooner, depending on how soon japanese reviewers are getting the game.
Yeah....I doubt anyone will care about the dojo after this and the next month :ohwell:

Beamblast

Smash Cadet
Guys, what if Sakurai revealed characters every day next week? Or 2 or 3 characters? I would have to say Captain Falcon, Krystal, and a 3rd party dude if thats the case...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Guys, what if Sakurai revealed characters every day next week? Or 2 or 3 characters? I would have to say Captain Falcon, Krystal, and a 3rd party dude if thats the case...
Too epic to be a Dojo update :chuckle:
But yeah, I wish he'd show us the best updates, then show us the "crappy" ones after it's released :p

Top Bottom