• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Without question Geno will be a hidden character. Hopefully Japan leaks the roster by next week.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We might be only getting 30 characters in Brawl...

Coro Coro said they were going to release a total of 40 cards...or something...that part confuses me...

BUT they already released 30 of them...

2 being samus and 4 being Pokemon Trainer...Plus 6 being non-characters

That equels 30 characters at most

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
We might be only getting 30 characters in Brawl...

Coro Coro said they were going to release a total of 40 cards...or something...that part confuses me...

BUT they already released 30 of them...

2 being samus and 4 being Pokemon Trainer...Plus 6 being non-characters

That equels 30 characters at most
you're assuming that corocoro is releasing cards for every character in the game. i wouldn't be surprised if most of the hidden characters don't get cards.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
you're assuming that corocoro is releasing cards for every character in the game. i wouldn't be surprised if most of the hidden characters don't get cards.
But the 10 more cards are being released NEXT MONTH...

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
But the 10 more cards are being released NEXT MONTH...

consider that characters like Luigi, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Sheik, Ganondorf, Marth, Game & Watch, and Mewtwo/Lucario are practically confirmed. then add Snake and Sonic and there's your 10 right there. 30 characters doesn't leave room for any more newcomers, and i'm sure we can all agree that that's not gonna happen.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Coro Coro, I lol at them. All they do is release old info, there' no way what we have now on the Dojo is it.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
We already knew about Zelda's moves. It was obvious that they didn't change after we saw the E for All video.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, who cares about next month's issue anyway? It will be published after the game.
That's exactly my point...

It will probably be all the remaining characters...ESPECIALLY since the game will already be out...

AND it only will have 10 more cards

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace

It will probably be all the remaining characters...ESPECIALLY since the game will already be out...

consider that characters like Luigi, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Sheik, Ganondorf, Marth, Game & Watch, and Mewtwo/Lucario are practically confirmed. then add Snake and Sonic and there's your 10 right there. 30 characters doesn't leave room for any more newcomers, and i'm sure we can all agree that that's not gonna happen.
did you catch that reply?

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman

I really doubt that will be all the characters. I've heard tons of times people saying that Sakurai said that the amount of characters is suprising, so I doubt there'll only be 34 in all.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
So the only newcomers we'd unlock are Sonic and Snake?

That's stupid.
lol well it's not stupid, but it is unlikely. I doubt he'd show us all the characters on the update or on the CoroCoro mags. Well anything is possible with the release nearby. I still say roster will be around 35-40 people.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
now let's not insult King Dedede, he's cool and long overdue for Smash. But yes, Geno 4 Brawl.

jakemcnugget

Smash Rookie
now let's not insult King Dedede, he's cool and long overdue for Smash. But yes, Geno 4 Brawl.
i agree with you, i like dedede for brawl. but his hammer with a motor inside isnt my idea of a cool attack, it could be better. and we're all entitled to our opinions, you know.

but geno was a beast in mario rpg, so he should be one in brawl too.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
oh of course, no question about it. I think Sakurai likes him enough to ask Square to put him in.

jakemcnugget

Smash Rookie
youre right, thats not the ONLY reason, but its one of them. which is why he had character requests in japan, and this lead him to include sonic.
Sakurai must care about the player/consumer. the game wouldnt be a hit if he didnt.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that must be the reason why Sonic isn't in Smash <sarcasm>
Learn to ****ING READ!!! I said ''only because they are requested''. Do you know what it means? It means that if a character is very requested, Sakurai will judge if he's worthy of being in Brawl. Sonic is, because he indirectly played an important role in Nintendo's history, and him in Smash is a dream from gamers who grew up in the 90s.

Sonic had a lot more going for him than just popularity. Geno, on the other hand, has nothing else.

jakemcnugget

Smash Rookie
Learn to ****ING READ!!! I said ''only because they are requested''. Do you know what it means? It means that if a character is very requested, Sakurai will judge if he's worthy of being in Brawl. Sonic is, because he indirectly played an important role in Nintendo's history, and him in Smash is a dream from gamers who grew up in the 90s.

Sonic had a lot more going for him than just popularity. Geno, on the other hand, has nothing else.

oooooo, someone has a temper.......
hence my message right above yours, with ONLY in caps. good job buddy.

Machspeed

Smash Lord

And games in the 90's was the time frame of Mario's first RPG, which Geno played a very important role in. Your point being?

By the by, the poll is the amount of journal entries a character got which Sakurai was interested in; James Bond could've got 100 recommendations in his inbox, but it just didn't seem to interest Sakurai all too much. Yes that means Sakurai is interested in Geno, alot, as well as those others high up in the poll.

Geno has a lot going for him indeed. With a rumored SMRPG sequel/remake for the DS, it would advertise him very nicely, and he was part of Mario's first RPG. Mario IS Nintendo, and his first RPG is pretty **** important if you ask me.

Top Bottom