• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
While this doesn't affect Geno's chances, I must tell you that you are delusional if you believe Super Mario RPG had any sort of impact on the industry.

jakemcnugget

Smash Rookie
[go Machspeed!]
and geno is popular, like you say he has nothing else. you COULD argue that thats all that any character has, is popularity, and great moves. which geno has too.

dont hate on geno.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
While this doesn't affect Geno's chances, I must tell you that you are delusional if you believe Super Mario RPG had any sort of impact on the industry.
You make me laugh.

If you've ever touched that game, and a Mario RPG which was released behind it, you'd notice very quickly the similarities in mechanics. Timed hits/timed damage reduction, the cameos, the comedy, the common enemies joining your party, it all started with the Super Mario RPG. Superstar Saga is just like it when it comes to mechanics of the game, and Paper Mario is similar also.

That game started it all for Mario's RPG's, so it needs some long overdue recognition.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
o_O

:laugh:

you do realize that the Paper Mario series, one of Nintendo's best selling game series, was initially intended as a sequel to Super Mario RPG?

not to mention Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, or Partners in Time, which were both developed by the same people who developed Super Mario RPG.

also, other non-Mario games such as Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, aka Sonic RPG, have roots in Super Mario RPG, and you're saying it made no impact on the industry? :confused:

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
You are right. Mario's first RPG, Peach's name first being introduced, Bowser first playable and humor introduced to the character, Star Collecting introduced, First game with Nintendo and a third-party, etc., etc. It did not affect Nintendo in any shape, form, or fashion.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
Weren't you the one whom I owned because he claimed that SMRPG was the first 3D Mario game, as well as the first game where Bowser is playable?

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Weren't you the one whom I owned because he claimed that SMRPG was the first 3D Mario game, as well as the first game where Bowser is playable?
i'm not sure who you're talking to, but you have just been owned by 5 different people. it's probably a good time for you to take your leave.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Bowser playable in a Kart game doesn't necessarily count; Mario Kart is just a sporting game. We're talking Bowser as in evil Bowser, where you can attack with him, roam with him on his endeavors.

Super Mario RPG uses 3D on a whole different scale, if you've seen the graphics you'll understand what I'm talking about.

It's not traditional 3-D graphics, but on a flat plane.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
Mario's first RPG

This might be important, but you must understand that the next games in the series greatly surpassed it.

Peach's name first being introduced

Minor detail.

Bowser first playable

False. Try to guess what game it was.

Star Collecting introduced

Likely a coincidence. I think the stars in SMRPG are more thematically similar to those in Paper Mario than those in SM64.

First game with Nintendo and a third-party

Square made the game with Nintendo characters. Nintendo didn't do a lot in that game. So it's just like any generic third-party release on the SNES.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
I haven't been owned by 5 different people. Most of them are just ignorant n00bs. The only one who comes close, and isn't blinded by fanboyism, is Machspeed.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Peach's name a Minor detail? I guess you can say that. But it is the first time that Bowser is playable in a canon Mario game. Super Mario Kart does not count, and everyone can see that. If I got to use Bowser and his abilities in that game, then it may matter. But, he is controlled just like the other heavy-weight. So, Star Collecting is used in the Paper Mario games... Like I said, it was the first star-collecting game. Alright, Nintendo and Square did the game. Nintendo was 'brave' enough to allow another company to use its characters. And fanboyism has nothing to do with these details. I have yet to say that Geno is God's gift to earth or anything of that sort. These are just details in games that you seem to overlook/ignore.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
I haven't been owned by 5 different people. Most of them are just ignorant n00bs. The only one who comes close, and isn't blinded by fanboyism, is Machspeed.
i only see one "ignorant n00b" here, and he's trying to convince people, with all seriousness mind you, that Super Mario RPG did nothing for the gaming industry. so now who's blinded by (anti-)fanboyism?

come back later with some knowledge of the subject and maybe a logical thought process.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
It was also the 1st(and still is) the only game ever where you get to team with Bowser. And without Geno's storyline, the Star Road would never have been repaired. Mario and Geno are equals in that game.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
It was also the 1st(and still is) the only game ever where you get to team with Bowser. And without Geno's storyline, the Star Road would never have been repaired. Mario and Geno are equals in that game.
No. According to Matheiu21, you can team up with Bowser on Double Dash.

But, you can be Bowser on Super Paper Mario, but I guess it isn't technically a team up. It's Bowser by himself, unlike Mario RPG.

D

Deleted member

First joined Nintendo game with a 3rd party.
First game where Bowser was an ally.
First Mario RPG.
First 3d Nintendo game.

Yeah..
Excluding those, I can see where you're coming from.
[/sarcasm]

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
come back later with some knowledge of the subject and maybe a logical thought process.
You want to see what ignorance looks like? Here it is:

It was also the 1st(and still is) the only game ever where you get to team with Bowser.
Super Paper Mario, anyone?

Also,

First game where Bowser was an ally.
First 3d Nintendo game.

Yeah..
Excluding those, I can see where you're coming from.
[/sarcasm]
Bowser was playable in Mario Kart (and an ''ally'' of sorts), and SMRPG is pseudo-3D.

jakemcnugget

Smash Rookie
adding to that, it is the inspiration of every nintendo rpg to date and beyond. it is the most popular rpg, or any game, for nintendo there is.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Hey I just thought of something. Do you guys think that maybe, perhaps Mathieu21 is a Sakurai representative, trying to secretly see how badly people want Geno in the game?

D

Deleted member

Hey I just thought of something. Do you guys think that maybe, perhaps Mathieu21 is a Sakurai representative, trying to secretly see how badly people want Geno in the game?
>__>
-__-
Uuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh no.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
You want to see what ignorance looks like? Here it is:

Super Paper Mario, anyone?

Also,

Bowser was playable in Mario Kart (and an ''ally'' of sorts), and SMRPG is pseudo-3D.
i don't understand what any of that has to do with the game's historical impact. and you did not have a team in Mario Kart. in fact, if you weren't playing as bowser, he was your direct competetion. which is the opposite of an "ally."

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
The only reason I could think of Geno not being in, is if Sakurai didn't ask Square, but he has to. Geno is in high demand.....ON SAKURAI's OWN POLE!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I dont if you guys heard this yet but the final roster is being revealed tonight.
Chris said he'll be updating every chance he gets toinght, So stay tune

We will finally discover if Geno is playable or not in at all

PROOF: http://brawlcentral.com/news.php
It may be the final version, but they wont be able to unlock all the characters. They might not even be allowed to play sse. but that's really interesting.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, 2Chan released another new roster, this one without Geno on it...

and counting all the characters (Transformations excluded) It had less than 35 selectable characters...

Also, some "Prophet" that people believe actually said that Geno replaces Toad randomly in her Neutral B...

Posted a blurry picture of Metroid Prime and said it was Ridley's Final Smash...people beleived it...

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman

and counting all the characters (Transformations excluded) It had less than 35 selectable characters...

Also, some "Prophet" that people believe actually said that Geno replaces Toad randomly in her Neutral B...

Posted a blurry picture of Metroid Prime and said it was Ridley's Final Smash...people beleived it...
FAKE Why would Geno be reduced to something like that? AT is better than that. Give me a link to it please.

Machspeed

Smash Lord

Less than 35 characters?
A 3rd party character who placed high on the polls replacing a 1st party's move occasionally?

Definently a fake, at the least a 3rd party character would be an AT from the series/company (ESPECIALLY considering he's so high up on the entries). Playable or bust.

Cless

Smash Champion
2ch is the what 4chan is based off of. It's basically the same community. Even if they were telling the truth, why would you trust them in the first place?

Top Bottom