• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
So you guys getting excited? Or frusterated? Why havnt they released Geno yet?
As ive said before, Geno will never be anounced on the DoJo and Geno will never make it into this game as anything more than as assist trophy.

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
As ive said before, Geno will never be anounced on the DoJo and Geno will never make it into this game as anything more than as assist trophy.
Really? How many times has this been gone ever. im thinking a million times right?
As several of us said and let me make this clear
SAKURAI WILL NOT JUMP THROUGH ALL THOSE HOOPS TO PAY SQUARE ENIX MONEY FOR JUST TO MAKE GENO AN AT
think before you post nonsense

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, characters are finally closing in...

Ashley, 9-Volt and Jimmy are gone...Don't think Wario's getting another character...unless Mona somehow makes it...?

Muddy Mole is gone...but I really didn't expect him at all...

Geno and Ridley still holdin' strong

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I think there is no denying that Geno is getting in. If he doesn't get in, I'm never going to Japan.

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Because Geno will blow it up if he's not in :p
I love that video ;D My friend and I quote that and the other video he was in, made by the same people. It's the Bowser's Kingdom Halloween one :[

I love Geno's voice XD

I hope Geno is in :] I feel bad for the Ashley fans :/

D

Deleted member

You don’t have time to ponder such comments, as Geno has just threatened to Blow up Japan.

D

Deleted member

Hey, *******. I missed your trollism. Where have you been, dip****? =3

antimatter

Smash Lord
it's just a demo anyway, just a better one than the one's we've seen before. so no final roster yet.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
As the game gets closer, I'll admit I'm getting more and more worried about Geno's inclusion. He does have the whole "five mentions in the public/online journal" and his rather large amount of suggestions and requests.. but somehow it doesn't feel like that is enough. I mean, unlike a certain purple dragon/alien/pirate character that is pretty much going to be in Brawl no matter how you look at it, Geno does feel a bit sketchy at this point. We're coming right down to the wire with all these character deconfirmations. Back a few months ago, there was like an ocean of character discussions and "hey what if _____ is in Brawl, that would be so awesome!" then Sakurai dressed as the Grim Reaper posts on his website that _________ is merely an assist trophy. Its quite a blow to many people that are in support of a specific character. I'm not going to point a finger at anyone and say that believing that _________ has a chance was lame and unreasonable from the start, but I will say that the way all these characters are dropping are really going to hurt the final number for the roster. That DOES indirectly hurt Geno in a way. I'm not particularly crazy about a lot of characters but it would have been nice to see the final roster rocket to about 60 - 70 characters. In my opinion, the characters are the most important part of the game. If one was to look at Melee with the measly 25 character roster, one could imagine that the game feels "boring" in regards to its characters. Not to mention that a good fraction of the Melee roster was made up of clones. Melee aside, so far things are going all right. I mean, we haven't received the heartbreaking news that Geno WILL be an assist trophy, but then again we haven't heard anything about him. There could very well be about 20 characters we wouldn't have guessed hidden away in Brawl, but under what conditions would we get Geno? What number of characters do we know to stop at? What if Geno is the most difficult to unlock and we don't know he's in until weeks (days.. wait.. hours) later (on the Japanese release date)?

I hope that Sakurai really considered Geno when he was accepting character suggestions. The suspense is killing me.

Geno for Brawl!

domriver

Smash Lord
As the game gets closer, I'll admit I'm getting more and more worried about Geno's inclusion. He does have the whole "five mentions in the public/online journal" and his rather large amount of suggestions and requests.. but somehow it doesn't feel like that is enough. I mean, unlike a certain purple dragon/alien/pirate character that is pretty much going to be in Brawl no matter how you look at it, Geno does feel a bit sketchy at this point. We're coming right down to the wire with all these character deconfirmations. Back a few months ago, there was like an ocean of character discussions and "hey what if _____ is in Brawl, that would be so awesome!" then Sakurai dressed as the Grim Reaper posts on his website that _________ is merely an assist trophy. Its quite a blow to many people that are in support of a specific character. I'm not going to point a finger at anyone and say that believing that _________ has a chance was lame and unreasonable from the start, but I will say that the way all these characters are dropping are really going to hurt the final number for the roster. That DOES indirectly hurt Geno in a way. I'm not particularly crazy about a lot of characters but it would have been nice to see the final roster rocket to about 60 - 70 characters. In my opinion, the characters are the most important part of the game. If one was to look at Melee with the measly 25 character roster, one could imagine that the game feels "boring" in regards to its characters. Not to mention that a good fraction of the Melee roster was made up of clones. Melee aside, so far things are going all right. I mean, we haven't received the heartbreaking news that Geno WILL be an assist trophy, but then again we haven't heard anything about him. There could very well be about 20 characters we wouldn't have guessed hidden away in Brawl, but under what conditions would we get Geno? What number of characters do we know to stop at? What if Geno is the most difficult to unlock and we don't know he's in until weeks (days.. wait.. hours) later (on the Japanese release date)?

I hope that Sakurai really considered Geno when he was accepting character suggestions. The suspense is killing me.

Geno for Brawl!
I don't think you have to worry about Sakurai "considering" Geno. He did choose FOUR movesets *see poll* for Geno that caught his interest. I think Geno is really in the game. Its a matter of time before they reveal the entire roster.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Square's only rep would be Geno. sorry bud. it's Geno or nothing.
you sadly mistaken, look at the new games nintendo has put out with square, geno was in none, the more popular ones like cactaur, ninja, black mage, whait mage, and moogle were in,+ this new game with character from that one game(can;t think)

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
that's not a reason why Square would put another rep in. Sakurai only wants Geno from Square. he expects only a yes or no answer, not "HOW ABOUT THIS GUY INSTEAD?"

he's not going to add somebody random just because they're more popular than the fan requests.

Wrath`

Smash Master
that's not a reason why Square would put another rep in. Sakurai only wants Geno from Square. he expects only a yes or no answer, not "HOW ABOUT THIS GUY INSTEAD?"

he's not going to add somebody random just because they're more popular than the fan requests.
who said sakura went for geno, and all thoes guy were in a games of nintendo, so they have a fighting chance, and then there is sora......
you just can't admit geno could be outed by aniother squar character

D

Deleted member

you sadly mistaken, look at the new games nintendo has put out with square, geno was in none, the more popular ones like cactaur, ninja, black mage, whait mage, and moogle were in,+ this new game with character from that one game(can;t think)
It's either Geno or Square ain't getting a rep at all. =|

D

Deleted member

who said sakura went for geno,

The polls.
The mentions.
The fans.
His interest.

and all thoes guy were in a games of nintendo, so they have a fighting chance, and then there is sora......
you just can't admit geno could be outed by aniother squar character
But out of every single Square Enix rep in the world, Geno has the best chance.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I agree, Sonic seems logical in a way for him to be in, and so does Geno, but I dont see any other square character being in.. not even Sora, altho Sora does have more chances than any other square chracter I think.. tho a moogle would be cool :)

Machspeed

Smash Lord
but what if suare wants a diffrent character, then your screwed
Koarin, you do realize that the creator of Geno works for Alpha Dreams now, which is a 2nd party Nintendo company, and considering Square only co-made Geno, they could get away putting him in the game with just a mention of Square in the credits.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
What does Sora had to do with this? We're talking about Black Mage, Chocobo, Moogle, etc.

Black Mage was a charater in the very first Final Fantasy, on the NES. Without that game, SMRPG would never have been made (because of its influence on the genre, and because it saved Square). His importance was recognised in Final Fantasy IX, in the character of Vivi, and in Mario Hoops 3-on-3, where he was playable.

Chocobo is pretty much the icon of the series, though he doesn't seem really fit to appear in Brawl.

Moogle first appeared in Final Fantasy II, and became a playable character in Final Fantasy VI. In a way, Moogle represents the glorious era of 16-bit Square gaming on Nintendo consoles. Over that period, three games were released, each one being recieved with high praise and popularity.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
if Sakurai wanted somebody other than Geno, you'd have a case, but he's not going to take a random suggestion from Square. just face it.

it doesn't matter if they were on Nintendo games. they aren't requested. they didn't already get Sakurai's interest. he's only going to Square for one thing. why would he take something different just because they said so? if Square wants to give somebody different, Sakurai wouldn't accept it just because Square wants them. that's what you have to understand.

this is completely out of "WELL THIS SQUARE CHARACTER IS POPULAR AND BEEN IN ...". no, this isn't about popular Square characters. if nobody requested them and if Sakurai wasn't originally interested in them to start with, they won't be in the game.

heck, this just takes common sense really. it's like going to a fast-food restaurant for a cheeseburger but they offer a pizza instead and they keep offering it. you would leave the restaurant, wouldn't you?

Sephiroth_Ultima

Smash Cadet
You know, Mathieu21, there's always place for discussion because duh that's what this thread is here for, but don't you think that you're like a Pichu throwing himself in a Cruel Melee? XD

Wrath`

Smash Master
Koarin, you do realize that the creator of Geno works for Alpha Dreams now, which is a 2nd party Nintendo company, and considering Square only co-made Geno, they could get away putting him in the game with just a mention of Square in the credits.
so what is he, make up your mind, is he 3rd or 2nd party???????!?!?!??!

If he is third part I guess it is do or die, but if he is 2nd part or more nintendo owned now, then he has more of a chance of ATdom, make up your minds already

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The only other 3rd party that was requested was megaman right? Im actually against the idea of having megaman in smash bros., but so many people want him in..

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
We have no proof that Sakurai was interested by Geno. Your fanboy logic told you that because he found some journal mentions ''interesting'', it means he's interested in the character. But what I am guessing, with non-fanboyistic common sense, is that Sakurai was intrigued by Geno.

Stryks

Smash Hero
The only other 3rd party that was requested was megaman right? Im actually against the idea of having megaman in smash bros., but so many people want him in..
and why exactly is that? I know this is a geno thread, but Im curious...
and if u say he would be a samus clone GOD help you...

Top Bottom