• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I don't care if you don't like the ending

I'm only posting here cause I promised to do this 1 2 weeks ago...and I still have yet to post the Geno Hater Comic from the Summer

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
Enigma, you should stay. Of course, we're always talking about the same thing, but the game is releaes in a few weeks, and leaks are around the corner. It's not like we still have months of monotonous conversations.

Timbalada

Smash Cadet
Why would he know about a game that was was totally overlooked, came out when the N64 was out (in JPN), and didn't really do anything for the industry. Don't bring me that ''first 3D game, first time Bowser was playable'' bull****, I'm tired of that discussion and it's false.
It's not false you ****.

D

Deleted member

Why would he know about a game that was was totally overlooked, came out when the N64 was out (in JPN), and didn't really do anything for the industry. Don't bring me that ''first 3D game, first time Bowser was playable'' bull****, I'm tired of that discussion and it's false.

The thing was:
It was Nintendo's first 3D game.
It was the first game where Bowser was an ally (not the first where he was playable but an ally).
Nintendo's first game with a 3rd party company.
First Mario RPG game.

That's history.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
Super Mario Kart was the first game in which Bowser was playable. It was also the first 3D Mario game. Super Mario 64 was released only three months after Super Mario RPG in Japan, and probably took much longer to develop.

EDIT: I'm not ''tired of getting owned''. Evertime I disprove your ****ing false assumptions with with ****ing hard facts, you don't seem to reply!!

D

Deleted member

Super Mario Kart was the first game in which Bowser was playable. It was also the first 3D Mario game. Super Mario 64 was released before Super Mario RPG in Japan.
I said Ally.

And, Mario RPG was created way before Mario 64 was. Therefore:

HISTORICAL
LEGENDARY

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
i understand people like geno, but occasional gamers rarely know of him and he is not RETRO retro he is 1990's retro unlike gam&watch and the ice climbers who were in the firsts video games

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Mathieu21, buddy, face facts. Super Mario RPG was a history making game. Okay, Im done with this $*** because the ownage in this thread is starting to make me break out.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
i understand people like geno, but occasional gamers rarely know of him and he is not RETRO retro he is 1990's retro unlike gam&watch and the ice climbers who were in the firsts video games
Technically, it is. They are now referring to certain 64 games as Retro.

Casual gamers aren't really going to care if he's in the game now, are they? They aren't that much of fans in the first place so it doesn't really matter WHO is in the game

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Super Mario Kart was the first game in which Bowser was playable. It was also the first 3D Mario game. Super Mario 64 was released before Super Mario RPG in Japan.

EDIT: I'm not ''tired of getting owned''. Evertime I disprove your ****ing false assumptions with with ****ing hard facts, you don't seem to reply!!
No, you just don't seem to get it.

But go on, we've got less than 2 weeks until all this blows over, I think we can all handle your insolence until then ;).

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
Super Mario Kart was the first game in which Bowser was playable. It was also the first 3D Mario game. Super Mario 64 was released only three months after Super Mario RPG in Japan, and probably took much longer to develop.

Easy, easy, we get it, you are obviously NOT upset, because you are NOT getting owned by anybody, it's OBVIOUS by the way you keep your cool.... ¬¬

Bottomline, SMRPG was a great game, historical or not it should be represented (and don't say s*** like Peach's frying pan is repping enough, cause it's not), I don't know if you have played it, but if you had and didn't like it you either hate RPGs or have no soul.

And BTW, Sakurai is interested in Geno. Period. He wouldn't have picked 5 entries from his journal if he hadn't at least thought of half a moveset for him.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
Mathieu21, buddy, face facts. Super Mario RPG was a history making game. Okay, Im done with this $*** because the ownage in this thread is starting to make me break out.

I know I own a lot of people with my facts, but you have to accept it.

I said Ally.

And, Mario RPG was created way before Mario 64 was. Therefore:

HISTORICAL
LEGENDARY
Your first point was that SMRPG was the first game in which Bowser was playable. I remember it as clearly as crystal. The ''ally'' thing is just something you made up after I owned you with Mario Kart.

I was mistaken about Super Mario 64. It was released three months after SMRPG in Japan. Still, THIS IS NOT ENOUGH TIME FOR SMRPG TO INFLUENCE SM64.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
I know I own a lot of people with my facts, but you have to accept it.

Your first point was that SMRPG was the first game in which Bowser was playable. I remember it as clearly as crystal. The ''ally'' thing is just something you made up after I owned you with Mario Kart.

I was mistaken about Super Mario 64. It was released three months after SMRPG in Japan. Still, THIS IS NOT ENOUGH TIME FOR SMRPG TO INFLUENCE SM64.
Yet, none of that has to do if Geno will be in Brawl or not.

Face facts, People want Geno, and Sakurai is interested.

Weither you like him or not doesn't make his chances lower, or "influence on SM64". Well, from what I've seen I don't see Paper Mario or M&L influencing Galaxy, now do I?

And until you can except these facts, You'll never be right. It's like saying

"Well, Waluigi is an assist trophy, Oh well, I still think he's gonna be playable"

Learn to accept facts, or you'll never be right.

D

Deleted member

Did I say playable? Heh, I'm sorry than. I get stuff mixed up with stuff or I just didn't know about Old School Mario Kart. But:

1. That was a spin off game, it meant nothing to the series.
2. He was still an ally. An ally that in a game that was important to the series.

Yes, SM64 would ave taken longer but Mario RPG was still the first Mario RPG due to the release and the creation date.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
wrong on so many levels.
Are you ********? Mario Kart is 3D! It uses the mode 7 mapping to create a 3D effect. You can evolve in three dimensions.

SMRPG is pseudo-3D. Characters are in 3D, but environments aren't. You can't evolve in three dimensions.

I'm really starting to get annoyed by people who are blinded by fanboyism.

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
Are you ********? Mario Kart is 3D! It uses the mode 7 mapping to create a 3D effect. You can evolve in three dimensions.

SMRPG is pseudo-3D. Characters are in 3D, but environments aren't. You can't evolve in three dimensions.

then leave, no one will miss you ;)

I don't remember Mario Kart being 3D in anyway, care to show proof?

D

Deleted member

Mode 7-style rendering is generally used on systems with strong 2D capabilities but no dedicated 3D support.

It only looks 3D.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman

If you means Mario Kart, then you fail.

If you mean Mario Kart 64 well...
Also SMRPG came out before Mario Kart 64.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
The way you interacted with the game was 3d, not the models.
This makes all the difference.

Graphics mean nothing. Gameplay matters. Mario Kart was 3D because the gameplay is 3D. SMRPG is just creating a worthless illusion with pseudo-3D graphics and 2D gameplay.

in that case, Yoshi's Safari.
I don't know this game, but it cartainly isn't Super Mario RPG. Therefore, SMRPG isn't the first 3D Nintendo game.

Game, set and match.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
If one can move along the Z-Axis in a game, then it's 3D, regardless of perspective or depth or graphics.

Translation: If up and down is a factor in a non-sidescroller, then it's 3D. If forward and back is a factor in a sidescroller, than that's 3D as well. Super Smash Bros. Melee is 3D, but limited 3D, as one can't move freely along the Z-Axis.

Put shortly, if you can move in three dimensional directions, it's at least partially 3D. If you can't, then it's not.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
SMRPG is just creating a worthless illusion with pseudo-3D graphics and 2D gameplay.
"worthless illusions"? can you be a little bit more descriptive than that? because that's what video games are.

pseudo-3D or not, it's impressive.

EDIT: nevermind that Yoshi's Safari comment. Kart came out before it, so I suppose it was the first in moving in 3D...

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
http://www.mariobros.it/img/smk.gif

in the end, it still looks like sprites to me. nothing too revolutionary. it's not like racing games haven't done this before or anything.
:confused: that does NOT look like 3D, in any case Yoshi's Safari looks more like a 3D. And SMRPG is still more 3D that that, see it this way, SMRPG was the first game with 3D renders of characters and 3D environments (meaning you could move in 3 dimensions)

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
what!? the super nintendo is not retro?

i disagree.
it is not retro retro, it is 1990's retro. it can't be compared with the Atari 2600 or the Nintendo Entairterment System who are REAL retro, original retro, retro retro, Ever-Lasting retro etc....

but tha's just my opinion

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
We can fight all we want, but we can't change a thing still. We should calm down and stop this fighting. Theres what, 11-10 days until we know the roster. We should wait and hope for the best.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
it is not retro retro, it is 1990's retro. it can't be compared with the Atari 2600 or the Nintendo Entairterment System who are REAL retro, original retro, retro retro, Ever-Lasting retro etc....

but tha's just my opinion
Nintendo referred to OoT as retro...and it came out in ~1999

Only old school is what I refer to as retro, but Nintendo really get the say in their own game

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
hahahahahahaha, all this Mathieu21 owning is happening cause of me on page 1064.
youre STILL being owned by people, for 24 hours. i find that funny.
I don't get owned.

I post facts, and they can't disprove them. All they do is misinterpreting them with twisted fanboy logic.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't get owned.

I post facts, and they can't disprove them. All they do is misinterpreting them with twisted fanboy logic.
Your posting assumptions...

YOu don't actually know for a fact anything you post, you just assume it's true and call it a fact

Chasesin

Smash Apprentice
Who cares what he was the first of,
he was in a great, enjoyable game and had a unique set of moves unlike anyone else and deserves a spot in brawl

the more the merrier

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
I don't get owned.

May I say... denial?

Seriously, shut up. For the last 3 pages all you have posted is "I don't get owned" "They can't answer my facts". Let me tell you something, post a list of reasons why (according to you) Geno SHOULDN'T be in Brawl and then, if no one "disproves" them you can say you can't be owned, hell, I'll put it on my sig.

Who cares what he was the first of,
he was in a great, enjoyable game and had a unique set of moves unlike anyone else and deserves a spot in brawl

the more the merrier
AMEN ;)

Top Bottom