• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Machspeed

Smash Lord
If that was directed at me, I played the game. Just for fun, ask me any question about the game and I'll answer it.
That wasn't directed at anyone, I'm just saying in general.

There's TONS of trolls who jump in here without playing the game, I can tell, and I will say no names or point no fingers.

Sephiroth_Ultima

Smash Cadet
Wow you guys must have been through a lot of Geno-hating vermin like Mathieu21 in this topic since it exists, I'd never have the patience to keep arguing so humanly with an angry child like that. XD

I'm really impressed by how greatly he wants to handle fighting so much greatness by himself, though.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
How is that ignorant? Just because he has a life and you don't doesn't mean you have flame him for it. There were many characters I didn't know about either until I started playing Smash Ness and Capt Falcon for example.
yes but they were the title characters of their game, as were ic and g&w. Geno was not the title character. Also you may bring up that ic were only in one game. And yet again i will say that they were the title characters of their game, geno was not.

D

Deleted member

yes but they were the title characters of their game, as were ic and g&w. Geno was not the title character. Also you may bring up that ic were only in one game. And yet again i will say that they were the title characters of their game, geno was not.
Ridley wasn't a title character. Should he go too?

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
Ridley played a much larger role than Geno to their respectable series. The title character argument doesn't apply to him.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Being the title character obviously doesn't matter; a Zelda contrast, for example.

She was very important in her games, the titles included her name, yet she wasn't the main character of her franchise. Link is, he's always the dynamic character, developing and learning as the game goes on. Zelda got into SSB; she's not the main character of her respective series, but nevertheless she's still important to the plot of the games she takes part in.

The same thing goes for Geno, he was extremely important to the game he was in, not the main character, but still very important; and he very well could make it into SSB under this logic.

D

Deleted member

Ridley played a much larger role than Geno to their respectable series. The title character argument doesn't apply to him.
That may be true but is Geno's main protagonist role enough to get him in Brawl?

Well,
let's ask Lucas, Ice Climbers and Takamaru.

Being the title character obviously doesn't matter; a Zelda contrast, for example.

She was very important in her games, the titles included her name, yet she wasn't the main character of her franchise. Link is, he's always the dynamic character, developing and learning as the game goes on. Zelda got into SSB; she's not the main character of her respective series, but nevertheless she's still important to the plot of the games she takes part in.

The same thing goes for Geno, he was extremely important to the game he was in, not the main character, but still very important; and he very well could make it into SSB under this logic.
Yes, Zelda was not always the most important character, but she was important in many games, not just one. Geno was important in one game ill give you that. So your point about zelda is debunked. And he was not the title character of his game, so your point about ic is also debunked.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Yes, Zelda was not always the most important character, but she was important in many games, not just one. Geno was important in one game ill give you that. So your point about zelda is debunked. And he was not the title character of his game, so your point about ic is also debunked.
The thing is, Zelda had no obstacles to a sequel of that series games.

SMRPG was developed by a 3rd party company, along with Nintendo, who incidentally at the time of SMRPG2's development got into a fight. It's not Geno's fault that he didn't get a second game, or them hating him; it was simply the dispute. That all may come to an end, as we've seen SMRPG DS/Sequel rumored, and Brawl could be used very well to advertise that game.

If SMRPG had solely been developed by Nintendo, I'm sure he'd still be around today; taking the role of a character like Zelda.

The thing is, Zelda had no obstacles to a sequel of that series games.

SMRPG was developed by a 3rd party company, along with Nintendo, who incidentally at the time of SMRPG2's development got into a fight. It's not Geno's fault that he didn't get a second game, or them hating him; it was simply the dispute. That all may come to an end, as we've seen SMRPG DS/Sequel rumored, and Brawl could be used very well to advertise that game.

If SMRPG had solely been developed by Nintendo, I'm sure he'd still be around today; taking the role of a character like Zelda.
another reason why geno probably wont be in brawl. There are far to many legal issues in the way to get geno in easily. He's not the mascot of a company, plus he hasnt been in any recent games.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
I never knew who Ridley was before I came to these boards. Well, I kinda knew him. I never really did pay attention to the trophy's in SSBM.
hey, same here, but keep in mind what series he's from..

Metroid Prime alone is bigger than Mario RPG.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
another reason why geno probably wont be in brawl. There are far to many legal issues in the way to get geno in easily. He's not the mascot of a company, plus he hasnt been in any recent games.
Geno's creators work for Alpha Dreams now, which is a 2nd party company to Nintendo and Square-Enix. If this is the case, Sakurai can add in Geno and simply just have to add Square-Enix's name in the credits. Now, if this be true, that shouldn't have to take up a third party slot, and Square-Enix could also get compensation for getting a composer to play his music from SE, or whatever the case may be; they could put in Sora, another Final Fantasy character; whoever they want.

Being in recent games doesn't matter, I assure you; Shiek's most likely going to be in Brawl, and even if she's an alternate ego of Zelda, with everything Twilight Princess themed, Shiek simply doesn't fit. Last game Shiek was in was Ocarina of Time? Anyhoo, point being that game released a year or two after SMRPG; not very long off as far as recent games go.

Geno's creators work for Alpha Dreams now, which is a 2nd party company to Nintendo and Square-Enix. If this is the case, Sakurai can add in Geno and simply just have to add Square-Enix's name in the credits. Now, if this be true, that shouldn't have to take up a third party slot, and Square-Enix could also get compensation for letting Geno in; they could put in Sora, another Final Fantasy character; whoever they want.

you dont know this for sure your making assumptions on how things work.

Being in recent games doesn't matter, I assure you; Shiek's most likely going to be in Brawl, and even if she's an alternate ego of Zelda, with everything Twilight Princess themed, Shiek simply doesn't fit. Last game Shiek was in was Ocarina of Time? Anyhoo, point being that game released a year or two after SMRPG; not very long off as far as recent games go.

yes but shiek falls into the now or never character, as does midna. If they dont make it in now (or in melee as was shieks case) then they wont be in ever). I think that the only reason these characters got in or could get in is bacause of their mainstream popularity at the time. The same applies to geno except that his best chance has passed long ago. The first smash was by far his best chance of making it into the series, and he didnt make it. Heck there hasnt even been a trohy in the game even mentioning supermario rpg. i think that genos chances at a smash apearence have long since passed.
see the red in the quote.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Ugh, when you do that it makes it harder.

you dont know this for sure your making assumptions on how things work.
Not necessarily, Alpha Dreams created Geno, and is 2nd party for both Nintendo and Square-Enix. This means in essence that Sakurai can go ahead and put in Geno, with just a mention of Square-Enix in the credits. Tis' that simple; however, getting the composer (who is already is working at Brawl, Yoko Shimomura :)) to play music for Geno, which was requested, would require some of Square's consent.

EDIT - Just FYI, Alpha Dream was the one who helped develop M&L:SS also, explaining why Geno was in that game as a cameo. If Sakurai were to contact them, he'd have no problem getting in Geno; with a mention of Square-Enix in the credits.

yes but shiek falls into the now or never character, as does midna. If they dont make it in now (or in melee as was shieks case) then they wont be in ever). I think that the only reason these characters got in or could get in is bacause of their mainstream popularity at the time. The same applies to geno except that his best chance has passed long ago. The first smash was by far his best chance of making it into the series, and he didnt make it. Heck there hasnt even been a trohy in the game even mentioning supermario rpg. i think that genos chances at a smash apearence have long since passed.
That's pure assumption on your part; Midna could be back for another Zelda game and could make it into the next SSB, if there is one. The same thing goes for Shiek, and yes, even Geno; if they decide to create a sequel for the SMRPG and keep the series going, he could be in the current SSB or the next in line. The SMRPG already has representation in Brawl; not ones that originated in the game though, for the most part. Bowser, Mario and Peach; already three main characters included in the game. Peach also got her frying pan attack from the SMRPG. Geno's chances are now higher than ever, because even if he isn't in a game in the future, he's well on his way to retro, and he's the highest 3rd party Sakurai has shown interest in poll-wise.

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
1. You have no idea what the legal issue for the character usage between nintendo and se for one, must not be a big deal if he can make a little cameo appearance in superstar saga. 2. See game and watch ice climbers and ness? You are basing an argument on made up facts (which can't be facts if they are made up).

1. You have no idea what the legal issue for the character usage between nintendo and se for one, must not be a big deal if he can make a little cameo appearance in superstar saga. 2. See game and watch ice climbers and ness? You are basing an argument on made up facts (which can't be facts if they are made up).
do you even try to think before you post? Try reading next time, cause i already explained that in previous posts. But i guess ill do it again. First off ic and g&w are owned by nintendo, there goes the legal issues that geno has. They already have a better chance then him. Plus they were the tiitle characters of their games. Ding ding ding another point for the ic and g&w. Soo thats 2 points for ic and g&w and zero for geno. So there you have it. And no one really has any idea about hte legal issues. So dont go about saying that you do. Oh and mach, i wrote up a response but my computer spazzed so ill get it to you tomarrow. Anyways im going to bed.

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
do you even try to think before you post? Try reading next time, cause i already explained that in previous posts. But i guess ill do it again. First off ic and g&w are owned by nintendo, there goes the legal issues that geno has. They already have a better chance then him. Plus they were the tiitle characters of their games. Ding ding ding another point for the ic and g&w. Soo thats 2 points for ic and g&w and zero for geno. So there you have it. And no one really has any idea about hte legal issues. So dont go about saying that you do. Oh and mach, i wrote up a response but my computer spazzed so ill get it to you tomarrow. Anyways im going to bed.
Well for one obviously you didn't think or read my post before u made this reply :laugh:, genos legal issues must not be that big of a deal because he was able to make a cameo in a gba title. That takes away ur first point. And 2 u said mascot of the company u never said anything about title of their game. Sadly, being the title of their games they still weren't as well known as geno until they came to melee (don't haveto be the title character to b most important to the game see ZELDA for that matter as she didn't appear in the first game). ding ding ding another post that had no sense in it just made up facts and theorys that contradict what has happened in the past. And if they werent in melee I guarantee today they wouldn't have hade even more than 1 simple mention on these forums or anywhere else for that matter, compared to genos whomping 1079 page thread, second highest on poll and journal mentions by the creater himself.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Not necessarily, Alpha Dreams created Geno, and is 2nd party for both Nintendo and Square-Enix. This means in essence that Sakurai can go ahead and put in Geno, with just a mention of Square-Enix in the credits. Tis' that simple; however, getting the composer (who is already is working at Brawl, Yoko Shimomura ) to play music for Geno, which was requested, would require some of Square's consent.

EDIT - Just FYI, Alpha Dream was the one who helped develop M&L:SS also, explaining why Geno was in that game as a cameo. If Sakurai were to contact them, he'd have no problem getting in Geno; with a mention of Square-Enix in the credits.
About Geno's legal issues, quoted so you can see.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
There is no valid argument against Geno aside from haters claiming legal crap. So just lay off already, or find some legit proof.

On-Topic
K, assuming Geno makes it, I think Smithy would fit VERY well in to the SSE. He could be put in charge of making the bombs and ROBs. It just seems too perfect. Also, Croco would make a cool AT, he appears and throws lots of mario related items from his bag, Bob-oms, mushrooms, Kerokerocolas, starmen, etc. and the Axem Rangers would be a cool AT, as would Belome. And the music and stage possibilities are ENDLESS.

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
There is no valid argument against Geno aside from haters claiming legal crap. So just lay off already, or find some legit proof.

On-Topic
K, assuming Geno makes it, I think Smithy would fit VERY well in to the SSE. He could be put in charge of making the bombs and ROBs. It just seems too perfect. Also, Croco would make a cool AT, he appears and throws lots of mario related items from his bag, Bob-oms, mushrooms, Kerokerocolas, starmen, etc. and the Axem Rangers would be a cool AT, as would Belome. And the music and stage possibilities are ENDLESS.

I was actually thinking the tower with smithys huge sword (exor i think) could be a stage.

Machspeed

Smash Lord

On-Topic
I would like to see Smithy as one of Geno's bosses, honestly; and of course you can't forget Booster. :p

Maybe sometime during the whole fiasco, Geno comes across Wario carrying Peach away, and takes him for Booster, then you can get into a team battle against him.

Really, as many things as there were present in the SMRPG, the SSE story should be a breeze, as well as bosses. Mallow, Croco and Smithy however, I would want to see as AT's.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman

On-Topic
OMG, these are sweet ideas!^^ Although Axem Rangers should be in SEE. Overall if Geno were confirmed, these ideas will be very close to the actual game.

Finally, some Geno discussion.

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
Maybe the second encounter with the haliburd( dont know how to spell it) you are like pit or metaknight or somewon and you find ur way to the deck and the axem rangers come out and try and prevent you from getting inside, when you start to fight them after you kill 2 of them a cut scene comes up the rest of the rangers jump on the lazer charging it up, just as its about to hit you geno jumps in and knocks you out of the way then you and geno have to take on the lazer and the rest of the rangers.

Sapere Aude!

Smash Rookie
I think the best use of Mario RPG for a stage would be the woods outside Rose Town. For one thing, the music pwns. It could be a stage with trees for a background, and wood platforms like Kirby's stage in 64. It could have random arrows falling that would stun you if hit, or they could work in the maze part somehow, like swinging the stage around every so often. A star Hill level could also be possible.

Shadow Star

Smash Apprentice
OMG, these are sweet ideas!^^ Although Axem Rangers should be in SEE. Overall if Geno were confirmed, these ideas will be very close to the actual game.

I've always imagined the Axem Rangers being unlockable replacements for the Alloy Rangers in the Multi-Man Melee. I just can't seem to imagine them having a major role in SE. Smithy would be enough.

Finally, some Geno discussion.
I know! Isn't it great? You know, It can stay this way if you guys just ignore the Geno Haters and trolls. I mean, we're not obligated to respond to them. Just let them rant to themselves until they get tired and leave. It's not hard, really. :p

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
i would love to see geno updated this week!
Me and you both!

If they do decide to include the Forest Maze stage then they could replicate the Bowyer battle and have Bowyer shooting arrows and random buttons in the background which will cause one of the controller buttons to stop working momentarilly. They would definitely change strategy up a bit. They could also include the stunning arrows raining down from the sky every now and the music for that stage would be orgasmic.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
When it comes to stages, most of us agreed that either Forest Maze or Star Hill would make good SMRPG stages. Personally I prefer Star Hill if it were to represent Geno's stage. But either would be good.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Here's what's tricky guys, is the fact that Sakurai will probably get a stage for Geno. Man it sounds like a dream. It seems unreal.

Top Bottom