• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Nah man, Geno is too huge a surprise. We won't know if Geno is in early unless we see a leak from Japan. I can't see Sakurai revealing him on the Dojo.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I do not understand your point here.

His 1st game was SMRPG
His 2nd game was M&L SSS
He's saying Geno had a simple cameo in M&L:SS, explaining a mini-game, not having too much of a role. Then again, plenty of game characters are likely to make a worthless cameo in their span of being alive with their series. In SMRPG alone, Link and Samus made very minor cameos, having less than 10 seconds of screentime (depending on how long you stayed there).

In any other matter, I truly do hope Geno is confirmed sometime soon; tired of all these mindless same-points arguments, and assumptions. :ohwell:

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
He's saying Geno had a simple cameo in M&L:SS, explaining a mini-game, not having too much of a role. Then again, plenty of game characters are likely to make a worthless cameo in their span of being alive with their series. In SMRPG alone, Link and Samus made very minor cameos, having less than 10 seconds of screentime (depending on how long you stayed there).

In any other matter, I truly do hope Geno is confirmed sometime soon; tired of all these mindless same-points arguments, and assumptions. :ohwell:
Oh, ok. Thank you. Also, I think the cameo helped Geno. It showed SE is allowing to use their characters in a Mario game as long as Nintendo give credit to SE.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Oh, ok. Thank you. Also, I think the cameo helped Geno. It showed SE is allowing to use their characters as long as they give credit to SE.
Shouldn't be too much of a problem, seeing as Alpha Dreams is where Geno's creators reside, and they are 2nd party to Nintnedo. I'm sure Sakurai can just slide by with a simple mention of Square-Enix in the credits.

Geno for PC or bust.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
yeah but the difference there is that both samus and link already had/still have a popular series of games, geno did/does not and probably never will.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
yeah but the difference there is that both samus and link already had/still have a popular series of games, geno did/does not and probably never will.
Once again, Sakurai said himself, popularity doesn't interest him at all, because adding all popular characters is just boring.

Heck, if popularity mattered so much to him as you think it does, Ice Climbers would not be in, neither Pit or Game & Watch.

Once again, Sakurai said himself, popularity doesn't interest him at all, because adding all popular characters is just boring.

Heck, if popularity mattered so much to him as you think it does, Ice Climbers would not be in, neither Pit or Game & Watch.
its not the popularity im talking about its the fact that you think that a cameo gives geno an outstanding chance of making it into brawl. My point was that cameos are just that cameos. They are just a way of saying "Hey look at this character, you remember him/her?" and thats all that geno's cameo was, nothing more nothing less.

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
its not the popularity im talking about its the fact that you think that a cameo gives geno an outstanding chance of making it into brawl. My point was that cameos are just that cameos. They are just a way of saying "Hey look at this character, you remember him/her?" and thats all that geno's cameo was, nothing more nothing less.
and who said that the cameo gave a bigger chance? what gives him a bigger chance is that fact that the game he STARRED in was a great game (underrated, but Sakurai likes underrated), the cameo only made us realize that they still remember geno

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
First of all who said Geno's cameo gives him an "outstanding chance of making it into brawl". Regarding that, this actually helps his chances since it shows that Nintendo hasn't completely forgotten about him.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
QFMFT

lawl, 10 characters.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Nobody here believes a cameo gives Geno outstanding chances.

It's Sakurai's near-the-top of the polls interest in Geno, and his love for retro and old/obscure characters. It's the fact that the composer of his music and theme song, which was requested, along with all the rest of SMRPG's soundtrack is working for Brawl. It's the fact that the Mario series has a good two spots open considering the Doc gone. Really, the only thing that stands in the way of his inclusion is legal matters, which should go smoothly seeing as his creators now work for Alpha Dreams (2nd party company for both Square-Enix and Nintendo).

If that's the case, Sakurai can just include Square-Enix in the credits, and use Geno as he pleases.
Now that we know Square-Enix is involved in Brawl in some sort of way, (there's a musician from SE working for Brawl, come on it's pretty blatantly obvious) Geno's chances are pretty likely for a spot on the roster.

D

Deleted member

For all we know, Geno could be more popular than Ridley is but this isn't a popularity contest, this is Brawl. Geno is a popular character and he just might be one of the most popular characters in the world, but do we know that as a fact? No. We don't. I'm bullsh*tting but is it right to say Ridley is more popular than Geno? Well, we dunno if that is 100% true. Like I said, Geno could be one of the most popular characters in the world.

See where I am coming from?

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
HELPED. Did I say it confirms or makes him a shoe-in? NO Did I say it raises it 10 fold or gives him an outstsnding chance? NO It HELPS his chances yes, but a lot? NO EPIC FAIL

D

Deleted member

I really doubt Geno is more popular than Ridley. let's not go too far, now.
I never knew who Ridley was before I came to these boards. Well, I kinda knew him. I never really did pay attention to the trophy's in SSBM.

For all we know, Geno could be more popular than Ridley is but this isn't a popularity contest, this is Brawl. Geno is a popular character and he just might be one of the most popular characters in the world, but do we know that as a fact? No. We don't. I'm bullsh*tting but is it right to say Ridley is more popular than Geno? Well, we dunno if that is 100% true. Like I said, Geno could be one of the most popular characters in the world.

See where I am coming from?
and yet you are contradicting your comrades posts. They say that popularity doesnt have anything to do with it (in repsonse to when i said that geno wasnt popular enough to get in) amd now you boast that geno may be one of the most popular characters in the world. This is why i think all of your arguing is crap. Cause the supporters cant get together and decide on one stance. Take one side and stick with it. Dont keep using "Geno is popular so he should be in" in one arguement, then say that popularity is not wanted by sakuri and that it could hurt your characters chances.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Please do not associate your ignorance of gaming with the popularity of a character.
How is that ignorant? Just because he has a life and you don't doesn't mean you have flame him for it. There were many characters I didn't know about either until I started playing Smash Ness and Capt Falcon for example.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
That could be said for many, who run into the thread and just say Geno is a puppet and have not touched the game.
If that was directed at me, I played the game. Just for fun, ask me any question about the game and I'll answer it.

How is that ignorant? Just because he has a life and you don't doesn't mean you have flame him for it.
If you really think enjoying gaming, and knowing about it, means that you have no life, then you need to get outta those forums.

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
and yet you are contradicting your comrades posts. They say that popularity doesnt have anything to do with it (in repsonse to when i said that geno wasnt popular enough to get in) amd now you boast that geno may be one of the most popular characters in the world. This is why i think all of your arguing is crap. Cause the supporters cant get together and decide on one stance. Take one side and stick with it. Dont keep using "Geno is popular so he should be in" in one arguement, then say that popularity is not wanted by sakuri and that it could hurt your characters chances.
Let's clarify, cause you seem to refuse to AT LEAST connect the dots a little bit:

-What gets a character in Brawl is:
a) Sakurai interest
b) the character itself (includes such things like moves)
c) Overall popularity (this includes the character's series)

-A character can get in Brawl even if he doesn't fulfill all this points, but it helps (i.e. he can be popular and Sakurai can be interested even if he is unoriginal)

-Geno IMO has all of this points

-When you say that Geno isn't popular, some of us respond as "Popularity doesn't get a character in Brawl", you should read this as "Even if he wasn't it wouldn't matter", why?, because anyone in this forums knows Geno is popular. Period.

Top Bottom