• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

D

Deleted member

It's that stupid "club war" thing everybody keeps going on about. I think it's ******** seeing as how many of us support the characters the "enemy clubs" support (Olimar, Bowser Jr., Ridley, etc.)
It really has to do with the "Who's more popular?" or "Who's more important?" debates.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It really has to do with the "Who's more popular?" or "Who's more important?" debates.
It really is a matter of both. Geno was one the first ever non-Nintendo character too appear in a Mario game made by another company. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

It really is a matter of both. Geno was one the first ever non-Nintendo character too appear in a Mario game made by another company. :laugh:
Well, now he's non-Nintendo kinda. He was technically a Nintendo character but a Square character at the same time. He's still a Mario character though.

See, more of the newer gamers like take my two little brothers for example. They know Bowser Jr. but not Geno. Now take my uncle for example. He's 21 by the way and is an old shool Video Game freak. He knows Geno but when I asked him about Bowser Jr. he thought I was talking about Baby Bowser from the Mario Party games. He barely even knew Baby Bowser too btw.

As for importance, Geno played one main protagonist role. Bowser Jr. played one main antagonist role (New Super Mario Bros. and two secondary roles Sunshine and
Galaxy.
I have always been taught that main protagonist roles are much much more important than the antagonist roles due to the hero being the good guy and all. Now, If Bowser Jr.'s one main antagonist role competed with Geno's one main protagonist role than Geno would win no doubt but Bowser Jr. had two minor roles in two other games which kinda sums it all up a bit.

No one really knows whether BJ is more important/popular or Geno is. All we can do is make assumptions with the given facts from the games.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I support Bomberman as well. Anyone who wants to pull that "LOL HE cun onlee frow BOMBS!!" crap can take it to the Bomberman thread.

I believe it was Hudson who approached Nintendo for Wario Blast.

Cless

Smash Champion
What else would he do though? I dunno if Sakurai would include stuff from Bomberman Jetters since it was based off of the anime. It's not really Bomberman. I mean, there's always the different types of bombs and charge bombs though.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I support Bomberman as well. Anyone who wants to pull that "LOL HE cun onlee frow BOMBS!!" crap can take it to the Bomberman thread.

I believe it was Hudson who approached Nintendo for Wario Blast.
Hell Yeah! B-man and Geno for Brawl!
I hate that argument. Like; what else is he supposed to do? Summon an army of zombies?
Hate that argument more than the size argument for Ridley and Olimar.

Also, made a slightly different sig, any good?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What else would he do though? I dunno if Sakurai would include stuff from Bomberman Jetters since it was based off of the anime. It's not really Bomberman. I mean, there's always the different types of bombs and charge bombs though.
He could ride a Kangeroo and stuff as well

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
How's everyone doing? Just thought that I would come in and check how the Geno thread is doing. Oh yeah, check out the sig that SiegK did for me. Pretty cool, IMO.

Well, there's plenty of moves used in pretty much all Bombermans - Bomb throw, bomb kick, etc. On top of that, we could do an Up B by having a bomb explode Bomberman into the air.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, there's plenty of moves used in pretty much all Bombermans - Bomb throw, bomb kick, etc. On top of that, we could do an Up B by having a bomb explode Bomberman into the air.
Bomb Kick should be incorporated into his B move, as in when he places a bomb down, he has the option of kicking it by pressing B again. It should NOT be a separate special

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I agree with Snitch. Bomberman could have a very unique moveset, though the minds of many cannot see pass the BOMB part of his name. Different styles of using bombs would be great. And, I do like the idea of him using a bomb to "blow himself up" into the air.

Back to Geno, to stay on topic. All of these prophets/leakers/whatever are giving Geno a pretty high shot. I just hope that Geno, Ridley, and a couple of others will make it into the game. Either way, I am happy that Sonic made the cut. But, Geno and Ridley would make some great additions to Brawl. Great additions.

WinkyFrog64

Smash Rookie
Bombergeno with special bomb star attacks from Star Road designed to explode and send stars flying in every direction. That would be dope. Too bad it's completely bull****. **** this next 2 week stretch. Geno! Geno! Geno!

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
If we get Geno (and Ridley) I'll be happy with the roster. I'll miss mewtwo if he's gone, but oh well. Also hoping for a hanafuda character :-p

These are the longest 2 weeks of my life.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
If we get enough I'll be happier with the roster then I already am...I am meh about ridley, he gets in he gets in he isn't in he is not...

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I...I-I give up on this thread.

Its the same **** thing everyday, I'm going to that other place, the one that most of you got in PM. Bye all.

IF Geno does get in, I'll return, but I'm done with this place.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I...I-I give up on this thread.

Its the same **** thing everyday, I'm going to that other place, the one that most of you got in PM. Bye all.

IF Geno does get in, I'll return, but I'm done with this place.

When geno gets in or doesn't get in, this thread will most likley close

trio1000

Smash Apprentice
dam u geno why arent u confirmed yet!!

i jjust wish sakurai would come out and say "so n so is not in brawl, tough nuts, so n so is in brawl, hope that shuts you up" and be done with it

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This was posted in another thead

I was contacted weirdly enough, and someone told me that Megaman, Ridley and Geno were not in Brawl. But that Knuckles, Sylux and Wart were in?!?

Yeah... Leaving out probably the three most wanted characters in Brawl, and putting in three characters that nobody gives a crap about. Gosh, if it is not one of them someone claims to be gone it is the other. Seriously, why can not all three of them be in? Proves the point to be made on the liars.
To phoenix guy (Whatever your name is) where exactly did you hear this then?

Cless

Smash Champion
****, Super Mario Bros 2. Causing trouble everywhere it goes. The only good things that came out of that game are Shy Guys and Peach's moveset.

Also, I'm sure that a one time character in a game that's not that popular who is also somewhat similar to Samus will be put in over a series villain like Ridley.

Top Bottom