• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
You've been told that a dozen times by now, even if I told you, you would still troll and repeat the same arguments over and over again. But since I have time to kill, I'll tell you just for the hell of it:

1) High place poll
2) Sakurai wouldn't go through the trouble to get him just to make him AT
3) Making him AT would waste a spot for another character who would actually be fitted for AT status unlike Geno.

AT isn't an impossibility for Geno, but it seriously isn't likely. If Capt. Olimar could work as an PC, so can Geno.

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
You've been told that a dozen times by now, even if I told you, you would still troll and repeat the same arguments over and over again. But since I have time to kill, I'll tell you just for the hell of it:

1) High place poll While Saki wasn't on the poll, Sakurai did mention he was requested. And he still was an AT.
2) Sakurai wouldn't go through the trouble to get him just to make him AT Mario and Luigi cameo. Explaining a mini-game. They aready used GEno for a negligeable role. They can do it again.
3) Making him AT would waste a spot for another character who would actually be fitted for AT status unlike Geno. There are no AT spots.

AT isn't an impossibility for Geno, but it seriously isn't likely. If Capt. Olimar could work as an PC, so can Geno. Moveset potential as an argument = no-no
My replies are in red lulz.

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
It's official! Here are the winners for most annoying Geno-haters!

Third place: DeuceBlade! (he is very consistent, he consistently posts, and his posts consistently annoy the hell out of me)

The next two were close, but here they are:

Second place: Mathieu21! (blockhead AND subtle sarcasm, remember when he started posting that he supported Geno?, VERY subtle sarcasm)

First place: You know him, you love him, The wrath of Koarin! His signature post "Geno4AT" is very famous (it BURNS you that Waluigi was made an AT, doesn't it? :laugh:), but above all very annoying

that should have been a great section on the forum awards :chuckle:

An advice for this three award winning posters, acknowledge the fact that Geno is a very likely candidate for Brawl (as a PC). Wanted among fans, Sakurai showed interest in him, DEAL WITH IT.

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
Well, he does puts more effort in it. At least you post different things, unlike "Geno4AT" EVERY SINGLE POST

Sorry he won fair and square :lick:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, he does puts more effort in it. At least you post different things, unlike "Geno4AT" EVERY SINGLE POST

Sorry he won fair and square :lick:
Personally, NONE of the people you listed are the ones I care about...

These ones don't really even try

Machspeed

Smash Lord
requested + obscure = AT
I thot da ice climbas was alredy confermed! :(

I suppose that qualifies Sukapon, Takamaru, and Game & Watch for AT's.
Sad we won't have any of them playable. :urg:

Anyway, from that thealmightygoat's update thing, I don't know how well his credibility is, but I'm still sticking around for his updates because they're at least an interesting read.

This further confirmed my sources but it made me realize that it doesn't matter in the end. As long as I believe and it's true, it's all going to work out. So I'm going to tell you this: expect two more new characters before Dojo, and one of them is 3rd Party..
Apparently we are to get two new characters before the release, and one's a third party. Do I hear Geno anyone?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Anyway, from that thealmightygoat's update thing, I don't know how well his credibility is, but I'm still sticking around for his updates because they're at least an interesting read.

Apparently we are to get two new characters before the release, and one's a third party. Do I hear Geno anyone?
Don't buy into any of that prophet crap, guys. The fact that each report greatly contradicts another just proves that there is stuff that isn't true in each one.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Don't buy into any of that prophet crap, guys. The fact that each report greatly contradicts another just proves that there is stuff that isn't true in each one.
For a prophet, that dragoon was described in amazing detail before confirmed, no way someone who didn't have insider information could guess something like that.

Beamblast

Smash Cadet
Did the guy who made the original Dragoon prophecy say anything about Geno or 3rd Party chars?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
For a prophet, that dragoon was described in amazing detail before confirmed, no way someone who didn't have insider information could guess something like that.
Each report varies from next to next, canceling out various things, etc. Even then, they aren't prophets, just someone with connections (assuming one of them is 95% right, even I know they can misunderstand things).

For what it's worth, all three that I've seen mentioned Geno as a character.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Did the guy who made the original Dragoon prophecy say anything about Geno or 3rd Party chars?
Lucario replacing Mewtwo...
WW Link...
Wolf in the game...
Final Destination...

I think there was more but I'm not sure. You can find the post on the boards I'm sure if you look in the General Brawl Discussion area.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Each report varies from next to next, canceling out various things, etc. Even then, they aren't prophets, just someone with connections (assuming one of them is 95% right, even I know they can misunderstand things).

For what it's worth, all three that I've seen mentioned Geno as a character.
True, however thealmightygoat can be easily debunked. He has great ideas for items/AT's/SSE; sounds believable, but he's claimed there will be two more characters to hit the Dojo, a normal character and a 3rd party.

Doesn't the Dojo close on the release date in Japan?
If so, when release day comes in Japan and if we haven't seen the characters, we'll know he was lying. Nonetheless still an interesting read, I mean a furniture leaf as an AC item? That's just too great. :chuckle:

D

Deleted member

I really tend to stay away from all those rumors. I don't believe a **** thing when I hear rumors. Ah well, I've been absent for the last while, what have I missed? Debates? Flamers? Trolls?

Sapere Aude!

Smash Rookie
Geno would be great for brawl, in my mind, because not only would he be an awesome PC, but his appearence would incraese the younger generation's interest in Super Mario RPG, a la what Marth and Roy did for Fire Emblem. I think that many new gamers experiencing one of the greatest games concieved it wonderful for the community. Plus, it may coerce Nintendo into thinking of a remake of SMRPG for the DS.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone else glad to see Geno appearing in all of these *cough* "leaks"?
...I've been thinking though,

what if they are only including Geno...because they are under the assumption that can mislead Geno followers into believing them just by adding Geno into the list....Like the person that posted Geno would be revealed that one week

D

Deleted member

Geno would be great for brawl, in my mind, because not only would he be an awesome PC, but his appearence would incraese the younger generation's interest in Super Mario RPG, a la what Marth and Roy did for Fire Emblem. I think that many new gamers experiencing one of the greatest games concieved it wonderful for the community. Plus, it may coerce Nintendo into thinking of a remake of SMRPG for the DS.
It could also be a good opportunity to advertise for Mario RPG DS if it is true. I have a feeling that kids will play the Mario RPG for the DS and hopefully Geno will be in that one to show how awesome Geno really is.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I still think these people are under the misguided impression Geno is a third party character, Megaman is out, even though he is not out; Ness is SOMEHOW in, unless he has been changed he probably will not be in, and that there is going to be 2 Square representatives.

D

Deleted member

I still think these people are under the misguided impression Geno is a third party character, Megaman is out, even though he is not out; Ness is SOMEHOW in, unless he has been changed he probably will not be in, and that there is going to be 2 Square representatives.
1. Yes, Geno is a third party but why can't Square just lend Nintendo Geno? I don't see why they wouldn't.

2. Um... okay than... take it to the Megaman thread.

3. Ness is gone, face it.

3. Square will only have 1 rep and that's Geno!

Beamblast

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I found something interesting..http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=135778
Go to #3 prophet AKA rapscouter (who is one of the more reliable prophets)
In the first set, one of rapscouter's points is this: -The third 3rd party's character level is from the same series, but not from the same game as him.
Notice that the statement had "game" not being plural...Geno was technically only in 1 game..unlike the other 3rd parties
Assuming that the statement (as well as the yellow 3rd party statement slightly above it) are not one of the three lies, this could point to Geno being revealed on Dojo next week!!

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
...I've been thinking though,

what if they are only including Geno...because they are under the assumption that can mislead Geno followers into believing them just by adding Geno into the list....Like the person that posted Geno would be revealed that one week
Definite possibility - but at the very least, we're getting some attention. >.>

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
1. Yes, Geno is a third party but why can't Square just lend Nintendo Geno? I don't see why they wouldn't.

2. Um... okay than... take it to the Megaman thread.

3. Ness is gone, face it.

3. Square will only have 1 rep and that's Geno!

1: No he is not, he falls under a special legal status like the Dk stages in Melee and Rare.

2: I was simply saying how he is not out, since many Geno fans seem to be Mega fans.

3: I know that, I was just stating the ONLY miracle that could save him.

4: Unless Geno is not technically theirs, and even so. There could always be one more third party.

D

Deleted member

1: No he is not, he falls under a special legal status like the Dk stages in Melee and Rare.

Sakurai considers him a 1st party but he is still a 3rd.

4: Unless Geno is not technically theirs, and even so. There could always be one more third party.
Geno is Sqaure's property though. It's either Geno or no rep for Square.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Geno is Sqaure's property though. It's either Geno or no rep for Square.
Fine, fine; Geno can be Squares. Than when Megaman gets in, I can have a Sonic/Snake/Megaman/Geno Brawl, see who survives that. :chuckle:

D

Deleted member

Fine, fine; Geno can be Squares. Than when Megaman gets in, I can have a Sonic/Snake/Megaman/Geno Brawl, see who survives that. :chuckle:
Exclude Geno and place Bomberman or Pacman. =P Geno would be too busy pwning a Bowser Jr. AT. XD I joke, I joke.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Exclude Geno and place Bomberman or Pacman. =P Geno would be too busy pwning a Bowser Jr. AT. XD I joke, I joke.
Oh yeah, you guys have some sort of rivalry with the Bowser Jr. club. Heh, all I need left is Megaman, Geno and Ridley.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, you guys have some sort of rivalry with the Bowser Jr. club. Heh, all I need left is Megaman, Geno and Ridley.
It's that stupid "club war" thing everybody keeps going on about. I think it's ******** seeing as how many of us support the characters the "enemy clubs" support (Olimar, Bowser Jr., Ridley, etc.)

D

Deleted member

That reminds me, I should get rid of this Olimar banner in my sig now that he is in. w00t!! w00t! =D

Better make room for teh Black Knight.

Top Bottom