• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Because they have no interest in a game of that level.
Guess they don't want 8 bucks for a higly requested game.../sarcasm

Anyways Yellow Alloy looks like Animal Crossing human, who will be intersting for Brawl

AC and Geno for BRAWL!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I wonder why they haven't released Super Mario RPG for VC. Must be something with rights... right? :D
I doubt it. Kirby Superstar hasn't been released yet either so I personally think that Nintendo's trying to stretch out the games over a period of time. In the end, it should be released by the end of this year (or even the end of Q2) because as far as canon Mario games go, all that's left is SMRPG and Yoshi's Island.

UtopiaXD

Smash Apprentice
LOL, so I was bored and I made myself into Geno. I didn't use my favorite picture of him, simply the one that was easiest to work with. After all it was just for kicks lol turned looking really funny.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
We've already had two in the past 4 months and Super Mallow from smrpglegacy.com claims he's uncovered some important things showing that Square Enix has contributed a decent amount to Brawl. We're all just riding the waves until Brawl finally comes out...
where did he make this claim? i didn't see it on his site.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
The official "Olimar is too small!" argument is moot. It's safe to say the same for Ridley's "TOO BIG LOL!" arguments too, IMO.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I want my Geno update...where is my Geno update? Someone please tell me where my Geno update is...I cry...

Though I shouldn't complain. I've been wanting a new character since forever.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Four of the nine characters that were mentioned more then 2 times in Sakurai's journal are now in the starting roster!

King Dedede-5 mentions-confirmed
Geno-5 mentions
Ike-4 mentions-confirmed
Diddy-4 mentions-confirmed
Ridley-4 mentions
Krystal-3 mentions-semi confirmed
Wind Waker Link-3 mentions
Olimar and Pikmin-3 mentions-confirmed
Takamaru-3 mentions

*starts stroking mustache*

Yeesh... everything is going according to plan...

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Four of the nine characters that were mentioned more then 2 times in Sakurai's journal are now in the starting roster!

Geno-5 mentions
Ike-4 mentions-confirmed
Ridley-4 mentions
Takamaru-3 mentions

lol So I'm guessing Pikmin and Olimar's confirmation is a good thing for Geno.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
lol So I'm guessing Pikmin and Olimar's confirmation is a good thing for Geno.
Yes, yes it is. It provides even more evidence to the mountain of evidence that shows that that Sakurai's journal does reflect those he planned on making playable in Brawl. The fact that about half of the list is in the starting roster theoritically increases Geno's chances of being an unlockable character assuming that Sakurai has mostly used this list for the newcomers.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Geno-5 mentions
Ike-4 mentions-confirmed
Ridley-4 mentions
Takamaru-3 mentions

I'm hoping for Krystal, Ridley and Geno, this is a good thing :chuckle:

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Yes, yes it is. It provides even more evidence to the mountain of evidence that shows that that Sakurai's journal does reflect those he planned on making playable in Brawl. The fact that about half of the list is in the starting roster theoritically increases Geno's chances of being an unlockable character assuming that Sakurai has mostly used this list for the newcomers.
Excellent, I'm really anxious to see the full roster already. I'll probably stick around here after Brawl's japanese release to see if everything does indeed go to plan; which I hope it does. :cool:

Cless

Smash Champion
Krystal, Ridley, and WW Link (assuming Sakurai wanted to keep a Young Link since Link is like 12 in most Zeldas) always seemed to be the natural order of things to include. I never really thought that they weren't going to be in it. Who else are you gonna add from those series?

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Its only a matter of time..

All of us shall be rewarded for our dedication to the cause of BRAWL.

That list of mentions just gives it to us... Can't you all taste it? Victory of the on coming days of which will lead up to the day we shall be given what has been worked so hard for.

-Onyx

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Holes theory? I'm not familiar, care to explain?
The holes theory was devised by various people including myself on various forums at around the same time back in late July 2007. The Holes theory is that Sakurai is giving every franchise that has only been represented by only one rep in the starting roster in both the original Smash Bros and Melee at least one completely new character in the starting roster. The franchises I'm talking about are:

Pokemon
Kirby
Star Fox
Metroid
DK

(Yoshi is excluded because it's extremelly unlikely that it'll get another rep.)

Even back in July 2007, this was supported with Zero Suit Samus being added for Metroid and Metaknight being added for Kirby. Five months have passed and this theory has been heavily supported since then:

Metroid- Zero Suit Samus
Kirby- Metaknight AND King Dedede
Pokemon- Pokemon Trainer
DK-Diddy Kong

With this said, the only franchise that is left is Star Fox. Now, why Krystal? There's the 3 mentions in Sakurai's journal, her obvious popularity, and how much she's contributed to the last 3 Star Fox games. There's also the fact that Sakurai mentioned that he was interested in adding more female reps and naturally, she's the front of the list and how her voice actor leaked that she was in the game in some form on her site before quickly removing it.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Fatman, you and I--we're on the same wavelength. The second I saw Olimar I squealed like a little girl and went, "HOOOLY CRAP, bring on the poll train!" :laugh:

Geno and Takamaru--who I've wanted more than anything--are definites now. And ain't nothing gonna change my mind about them appearing.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatman, you and I--we're on the same wavelength. The second I saw Olimar I squealed like a little girl and went, "HOOOLY CRAP, bring on the poll train!" :laugh:

Geno and Takamaru--who I've wanted more than anything--are definites now. And ain't nothing gonna change my mind about them appearing.
Heh, what do you expect? Me and you have both been supporting Geno for a Smash Bros game even before Brawl was offically announced. :chuckle:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The holes theory was devised by various people including myself on various forums at around the same time back in late July 2007. The Holes theory is that Sakurai is giving every franchise that has only been represented by only one rep in the starting roster in both the original Smash Bros and Melee at least one completely new character in the starting roster. The franchises I'm talking about are:

Pokemon
Kirby
Star Fox
Metroid
DK

(Yoshi is excluded because it's extremelly unlikely that it'll get another rep.)

Even back in July 2007, this was supported with Zero Suit Samus being added for Metroid and Metaknight being added for Kirby. Five months have passed and this theory has been heavily supported since then:

Metroid- Zero Suit Samus
Kirby- Metaknight AND King Dedede
Pokemon- Pokemon Trainer
DK-Diddy Kong

With this said, the only franchise that is left is Star Fox. Now, why Krystal? There's the 3 mentions in Sakurai's journal, her obvious popularity, and how much she's contributed to the last 3 Star Fox games. There's also the fact that Sakurai mentioned that he was interested in adding more female reps and naturally, she's the front of the list and how her voice actor leaked that she was in the game in some form on her site before quickly removing it.
Very interesting. The only part I disagree with is the Yoshi series. Call me crazy, but I think that it may get Kamek as a PC, he is the main antagonist, and a magic user :)
But think what you will(I forgot to mention I'm founder of the Kamek support crew :grin:)

Cless

Smash Champion
But it was his idea to do everything and kidnap Luigi/adult Yoshis. Bowser didn't do much in Super Mario World or Super Mario Bros 3, but he's still the main antagonist. I mean, Kamek is a generic enemy in other games, like Galaxy for example.

Anyway, if Geno gets in, is everyone in agreement that Mallow will be an AT if included, or do some people think he'll be playable?

Top Bottom