• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
But it was his idea to do everything and kidnap Luigi/adult Yoshis. Bowser didn't do much in Super Mario World or Super Mario Bros 3, but he's still the main antagonist. I mean, Kamek is a generic enemy in other games, like Galaxy for example.

Anyway, if Geno gets in, is everyone in agreement that Mallow will be an AT if included, or do some people think he'll be playable?
AT...is what i think mallow would be.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Its only a matter of time..

All of us shall be rewarded for our dedication to the cause of BRAWL.

That list of mentions just gives it to us... Can't you all taste it? Victory of the on coming days of which will lead up to the day we shall be given what has been worked so hard for.

-Onyx
Right you are. Only one month from tomorrow, and I have Rock Band to keep me occupied until that day comes~

volbound1700

Smash Master
But it was his idea to do everything and kidnap Luigi/adult Yoshis. Bowser didn't do much in Super Mario World or Super Mario Bros 3, but he's still the main antagonist. I mean, Kamek is a generic enemy in other games, like Galaxy for example.

Anyway, if Geno gets in, is everyone in agreement that Mallow will be an AT if included, or do some people think he'll be playable?
Not sure if Kamek is in Galaxy. There are magikoopas, but not sure if any of them are Kamek. None of them ride brooms and none of them show boss tendencies like Kamek. I think Kamek was only around in the Yoshi games as a special/leader magikoopa.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Kamek is just a bigger Magikoopa--that's his only difference. All Magikoopas can ride brooms in the Paper Mario games. I guess you could argue that only Kamek can enlarge characters, and he DOES wear an apron in Partners in Time to separate himself from the others. But recall that ALL Magikoopas are called Kamek in Japan and that our Kamek is simply "Boss Kamek," or something to that effect.

The purple Magikoopas with cateye glasses are the female ones. So Kammy from Paper Mario and Kamella from Mario Galaxy. Kamek is ONLY present in Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Island DS, Tetris Attack, and Partners in Time. You could argue he is the sole Magikoopa you fight in Mario RPG as well as Yoshi's Safari, but EVERY OTHER TIME you see "Kamek" it's meant to be a normal Magikoopa and the localization team fudged up (that includes Superstar Saga, Mario Party, and all the rest).

GenoWhirl_YEAH

Smash Cadet
-well i almost said thank god with olimars update. i love the pikmin games ^^ now i only need geno and the game is perfect XD

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
Nintendo sure does love their Transgendered rep. ^_^

Birdo has company! :D =p

--

Anyways, here's to Geno! Hopefully FForceSultan's list is real.

Woo though... if it IS real, I feel bad for Club R.I.D.L.E.Y.
I wouldnt count on that list being real AT ALL.
They have Star Fox newcomers but NO new Zelda or Mario characters (besides Geno)
Who is Rainman?
Porky would never ever be playable over Claus
Why a character from Balloon Kid?
Pacman?

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Come on guys, Olimar is a great character. I can't see how anyone could have NOT expected to see him in the game.
QFT. Olimar was my most wanted 1st party other series characters, only wanted under that of Geno and K. Rool. Olimar looks very fun to play as, definently considering a maining on him.

Besides, we've been in a character drought for three months... a Luigi reveal would've made me happy by now.

Anyway, Geno for Brawl, two weeks left until we see if he's in or not.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
just thought i'd point out that all of the supposed "leaks" seem to have Geno listed as playable. this means that in the off chance that any one of these sources is correct, Geno is in the game. granted, they're probably all full of ****, but it's comforting to notice.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Olimar was to be expected. With him we now have 12 newcomers and 12 vets, which could likely mean we have our starting roster and can kiss all other character updates goodbye. Well just a speculation though. I would still expect them to reveal Capt Falcon, Krystal, Ridley or Geno if they aren't hidden.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Tomorrow's update will be Olimar's special moves almost undoubtedly.

Hopefully, we can see a new character soon
JINO PLZ
or something, or at least interesting updates. Considering we're almost exactly two weeks away from the Japanese launch, we do have good updates in store I believe.

HappyBlueBlue

Smash Rookie
If Pit gets in, Geno should have a shot... Especially with a fanbase large enough to support...

And I can see Pit getting more games due to the popularity of this game, so hopefully Geno could too!

Geno could fit into Subspace Emissary well, and I hope Gaz has something to do with it...

Ah, I've been a fan of Geno since I was five, and my one wish was to have Geno in another game... So! Here's to Geno ( and Gaz too)! :grin:

UtopiaXD

Smash Apprentice
What will happen to this thread once Geno is disconfirmed?
If you have been paying attention to Sakurai's pattern so far you would have learned a few things. First off he listens to his fans.. basically he know characters that are wanted, he showed this by mentioning some characters many times in his journal. SO FAR the characters that were mentions 3 or more times have been slowly getting confirmed one by one. The number of characters not confirmed with 3 or more mentions is coming to a close. It is almost certain that we can expect both characters remaining with 4 mentions (Geno and Ridley) to be in. As for the character's with 3, only Krystal, Takamaru (or w.e his name is), and WW Link Remain. Most likely we will see 2 of 3 the of those (IMO Krystal is in even though I'm not fond of her)

This is proof enough, no extensive research required. Sakurai knows what the fans want, and like any smart person knows giving the public what they want will result in great sales and alot of happy customers.

Expect GENO Mathieu, as much as you hate him. Go ahead and keep saying a character that got any as many mentions by Sakurai as all the other playable confirmed characters will become an AT. Your petty little hope at him being an AT is just flat out not going to happen.:(

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Lawllll, how is geno a shoe in?
Common sense.
His amount of mention by Sakurai/polls, followed by the lack of deserving Mario reps with large fanbase.

Sakurai himself said Geno would be considered 1st party, and added to the mario franchise if he were to appear in Brawl. We can probably expect 2 more mario reps after Luigi. Bowser JR, and who else is really deserving? Geno.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Lawllll, how is geno a shoe in?
Olimar's confirmation only further proves my point that characters above 3 votes receive intense consideration, and have extremely high chances at being playable.

- The musician who composed/arranged "Forest Maze" or Geno's theme is working at Brawl, which was requested mind you
- Very good score on the polls - highest 3rd party wise
- A Perfect Mario-verse WTF Character
- Sakurai wants him playable; the journal entries he picked out due to his interests shows that alone
- You can't really argue "nobody knows him", because Roy wasn't even in a game at the point of his inclusion, not to mention Lucas - a Japanese exclusive which a handful of North American and Europeans, do not know - was confirmed.
- Two spots in the Mario series considering the Doc is gone

Yeah, be expecting him Deuce.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Olimar, he is interesting,
Geno, god i have nothing more to say, but time will tell

G4AT
Because you don't find a perfectly deserving character appealing, doesn't mean they won't be in as a playable character.

I promise you, Sakurai's not listening to your every whim about not liking a character. Heck, had he been listening Waluigi would've been playable right now. :laugh:

Machspeed

Smash Lord
ROFLMAO @ using musicians as an argument.

And Geno as an AT sounds reasonable.
That's so funny?

So I suppose a Square-Enix musician is there just to have a cup of tea with Sakurai and discuss which other Nintendo characters will be in? Tell us, oh wise one, Mattheiu.

Top Bottom