• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
I didn't want to being Mega Man into this, but the interview was misinterpreted.

Inafune not being contacted doesn't mean Capcom wasn't contacted.

Inafune hardly has anything to do with Mega Man anymore. He recently admitted he didn't create him. Also, he did not make the newer games.

I think Nintendo might have talked to Capcom, but just not to Inafune.
Yeah that's who I meant. I couldn't remember the guy's name so I put Capcom. I like both Megaman and Geno, and I hope both could be in the game. All I'm saying is that Geno's chances are higher than Megaman's at this point.

BTW Smash Kingdom was funny, the Mario VS Sonic fight was cool.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
And I'm back...

As always, these were translated using Babelfish so people could read them in their original context. These are entries 14, 86, 247, 268, and 276 and appeared among the 290 submissions into the Brawl poll that Sakurai and his staff found amusing/interesting. Once again, I'll provide brief translations and I'm going to be even more brief this time because, quite frankly, I'm sick of doing this every week. :laugh: The translation summaries are in red.

No.14 Nickname & HiGe The reflection contribution theme * concerning the character Most first the hammer っ it is with マリオシリーズ the thing. In case by your, that was スーパーマリオ RPG. Seeing CM, very borrowing to the friend of that time with interest...... certain, you have forgotten to return it seems the way that way...... Well it sets aside trivial thing, by your very you like that game. Even among them, the doll and the Gee no where game original character soul resides. In juvenile mind, it stayed in him with the reflection very. Because sale at that time it was the elementary school student, freely there was a time when you play. Because of that, being also it clears to be quick extremely, simply just a little lonesome separation where but......, it is not never sad meaning in the ending, waited. If the next work was, being to think, that certainly and it can meet to the Gee no, it does, but because... it is quick, time to pass already it became good age, (laughing certainly did not have this questionnaire, you did not remember either the thing of the Gee no, probably will be. While answering to the questionnaire, when perhaps it does and it can meet, that... just just you expecting a little, whether it is it is not, it increases,

Gonna keep it brief... This guy wants Geno in Brawl because Super Mario RPG has been his favorite game since Kindergarten. He was sad that Geno leaves Mario's world at the end of Super Mario RPG and how he didn't show up in Paper Mario. He says that it's a good time to bring him back and basically says to Sakurai "since you're such a nice guy, he's probably already in the game but you're just not telling us."

No. 86 Nickname & beginning The reflection contribution theme * concerning the character Beginning! The っ which is the スマブラ new work it is and has been excited! ! The reflection to キャラ, with with the notion that where you say... from game and マリオ RPG which I love the Gee no...! ! Lines turning and skill and setting of Gee no. It is the chair coming which very is. First play time immature kindergarten child (!) Was, but now already it is the high school student. 10 years or more it passed to be even to, it is favorite the game which occasionally you have played. The む oak does, without understanding well, doing in feeling, hurting, but now you do with it is different at all, it is, don't you think?. Also from charm of the Gee no reached the point where it is understood... it is very delightful, is, * the no no to tell the truth it is the doll and/or, to tell the truth is the messenger of the star when, "the hay! "It is word っ ちゃ う cuteness, (laughing) and... little bit kana forcing ED. That, blue mantle again! Production, please persevere ^ ^ the っ which has been enjoyed!

Almost the exact same as above except he explains a little bit about what he specifically likes about Geno.

No. 247 Nickname & sea cucumber Contribution theme & depending etc. You ask already truly. This thinking was designated as 10 letter compositions. "The request Gee no putting out! " Then favorite the beverage you write. Favorite beverage: アンバサ

This one's easy to keep brief. This guy wants Geno in Brawl and to avoid his message from being too short, he asks Sakurai what his favorite drink is and tells him his. (I think it's Dr. Pepper.)

No. 268 Nickname & マユミ The reflection contribution theme * concerning the character Today, beginning? This page you were already agitated instantaneously is discovered! ! No せ I do 1st being to love in the game which previous スマデラ did until now. That everyday did that. You think that both キャラ, stage, the movie and music it is splendid it is possible and is. Because スマデラ the friend who does was not around me, the younger brothers and sisters you do, or did increased with 1 person and, but you did not grow tired at all. The consideration which can be played pleasantly even with 1 person, is quantity in this game, ill-smelling it is being to be. I grow tired the game doing, mostly, immediately, it is. So as for this you do not grow tired at all. Being to think, that such game it makes rather it is difficult, it does, but Sakurai made that...! It is the fearful person in good sense, (laughing) キャラ is the 1st reflection in the ice climber. The ice climber being it has been popular being to have known, it does, but... never it is lovely so...! ! When ポポナナ パンッ has touched at the time of victory, it is dense lovely something! ! When and it tries using, it is strong something! ! ! When 1 person it is done, there is a weak point that the weak body, aerial side movement is slow, but the stop っ ちゃ feeling where that intense スマッシュ skill is decided it was good! ! Because, I アイクラ was subject. That it probably will win the fox of the younger brother with アイクラ, being desperate, コンボ skill inspects the bosom oak to be... almost it could not win after all, but (laughing) even then it is to abandon with it has persevered? アイクラ to pull me to here, because they are the sources whom it makes be packed, and that the form, voice would like to hear lovely even with スマブラ X, is. Efficiency of the previous ポポナナ individual completely was the same, but each one also っ て the fact that efficiency is different delicately is funny so? How thinking, it increases. The あ, by the way new キャラ desires the Gee no and the participation of マロ. Already, also 10 years pass, but CM or not yet even cannot forget the story or music. Because 2 are people and character and skill unique, when it can participate, you think that it can enjoy rather. The long sentence impoliteness it does. Then paying attention to the body...

This guy goes on and on about why he wants the Ice Climbers to return but I'll skip that... This person wants Geno AND Mallow in Brawl. Like the first two people, this person has been a fan of the game since it was released. He/she comments that Geno and Mallow would be very unique characters and that a lot of people would enjoy their inclusion.

No. 276 Nickname & マリオマスター Contribution theme * the music which is wanted inserting All everyone who has participated Sakurai, and to development. Very today. Will development how probably be? In we head, as for the music which is used in the game, as for those where it is necessary for the game it is the rice cake remaining overnight, but you think that they are one fine arts, it is! As for the game, スマブラ, the Nintendo Co. compilation into one book. In other words, there is no reason which even compilation into one book of the Nintendo Co. music can be said is? X of first generation, DX, and new work. By his is impressed hurting, it does with any スマブラ. Only main theme it can designate X yet as the ear, but it is this one tune, and others, you shivered, it is! Already, when development advances in earnest, you knew it is it is not, how it becomes, is. Well, rather thing please drive out with impression. By all means, all people, we request the kind of music which the impression tear it is possible! Privately it is BGM of the forest of ハナチャン "of マリオ RPG", if "carefulness it is in the mushroom of the forest," being to be delightful enormously, it does, but don't you think? but..., because that is the case that it is also the copyright of スクエニ, it is unreasonable; Well, if the Gee no participates, certainly! (Excessiveness The renewal here it devotes to one time closing and development so the shank. Everyone! The new world is enjoyed! Please persevere!

This guy sucks up to Sakurai by telling him how amazing Brawl's music already is and how much potential it ultimately has. He then goes to request "Beware the Poison Mushrooms" which is the Forest Maze theme from Super Mario RPG. He's concerned that because it's copyright is under Square Enix, they might have trouble getting it but he suggests that it'd be worth the trouble if they were to get Geno into Brawl while they were at it.

Like I said, my translations are brief and don't go into full detail like the other ones I've done so of course I went over some of the minor details but I gave you guys the basic idea of what each of them say.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
And I'm back...

As always, these were translated using Babelfish so people could read them in their original context. These are entries 14, 86, 247, 268, and 276 and appeared among the 290 submissions into the Brawl poll that Sakurai and his staff found amusing/interesting. Once again, I'll provide brief translations and I'm going to be even more brief this time because, quite frankly, I'm sick of doing this every week. :laugh: The translation summaries are in red.

No.14 Nickname & HiGe The reflection contribution theme * concerning the character Most first the hammer っ it is with マリオシリーズ the thing. In case by your, that was スーパーマリオ RPG. Seeing CM, very borrowing to the friend of that time with interest...... certain, you have forgotten to return it seems the way that way...... Well it sets aside trivial thing, by your very you like that game. Even among them, the doll and the Gee no where game original character soul resides. In juvenile mind, it stayed in him with the reflection very. Because sale at that time it was the elementary school student, freely there was a time when you play. Because of that, being also it clears to be quick extremely, simply just a little lonesome separation where but......, it is not never sad meaning in the ending, waited. If the next work was, being to think, that certainly and it can meet to the Gee no, it does, but because... it is quick, time to pass already it became good age, (laughing certainly did not have this questionnaire, you did not remember either the thing of the Gee no, probably will be. While answering to the questionnaire, when perhaps it does and it can meet, that... just just you expecting a little, whether it is it is not, it increases,

Gonna keep it brief... This guy wants Geno in Brawl because Super Mario RPG has been his favorite game since Kindergarten. He was sad that Geno leaves Mario's world at the end of Super Mario RPG and how he didn't show up in Paper Mario. He says that it's a good time to bring him back and basically says to Sakurai "since you're such a nice guy, he's probably already in the game but you're just not telling us."

No. 86 Nickname & beginning The reflection contribution theme * concerning the character Beginning! The っ which is the スマブラ new work it is and has been excited! ! The reflection to キャラ, with with the notion that where you say... from game and マリオ RPG which I love the Gee no...! ! Lines turning and skill and setting of Gee no. It is the chair coming which very is. First play time immature kindergarten child (!) Was, but now already it is the high school student. 10 years or more it passed to be even to, it is favorite the game which occasionally you have played. The む oak does, without understanding well, doing in feeling, hurting, but now you do with it is different at all, it is, don't you think?. Also from charm of the Gee no reached the point where it is understood... it is very delightful, is, * the no no to tell the truth it is the doll and/or, to tell the truth is the messenger of the star when, "the hay! "It is word っ ちゃ う cuteness, (laughing) and... little bit kana forcing ED. That, blue mantle again! Production, please persevere ^ ^ the っ which has been enjoyed!

Almost the exact same as above except he explains a little bit about what he specifically likes about Geno.

No. 247 Nickname & sea cucumber Contribution theme & depending etc. You ask already truly. This thinking was designated as 10 letter compositions. "The request Gee no putting out! " Then favorite the beverage you write. Favorite beverage: アンバサ

This one's easy to keep brief. This guy wants Geno in Brawl and to avoid his message from being too short, he asks Sakurai what his favorite drink is and tells him his. (I think it's Dr. Pepper.)

No. 268 Nickname & マユミ The reflection contribution theme * concerning the character Today, beginning? This page you were already agitated instantaneously is discovered! ! No せ I do 1st being to love in the game which previous スマデラ did until now. That everyday did that. You think that both キャラ, stage, the movie and music it is splendid it is possible and is. Because スマデラ the friend who does was not around me, the younger brothers and sisters you do, or did increased with 1 person and, but you did not grow tired at all. The consideration which can be played pleasantly even with 1 person, is quantity in this game, ill-smelling it is being to be. I grow tired the game doing, mostly, immediately, it is. So as for this you do not grow tired at all. Being to think, that such game it makes rather it is difficult, it does, but Sakurai made that...! It is the fearful person in good sense, (laughing) キャラ is the 1st reflection in the ice climber. The ice climber being it has been popular being to have known, it does, but... never it is lovely so...! ! When ポポナナ パンッ has touched at the time of victory, it is dense lovely something! ! When and it tries using, it is strong something! ! ! When 1 person it is done, there is a weak point that the weak body, aerial side movement is slow, but the stop っ ちゃ feeling where that intense スマッシュ skill is decided it was good! ! Because, I アイクラ was subject. That it probably will win the fox of the younger brother with アイクラ, being desperate, コンボ skill inspects the bosom oak to be... almost it could not win after all, but (laughing) even then it is to abandon with it has persevered? アイクラ to pull me to here, because they are the sources whom it makes be packed, and that the form, voice would like to hear lovely even with スマブラ X, is. Efficiency of the previous ポポナナ individual completely was the same, but each one also っ て the fact that efficiency is different delicately is funny so? How thinking, it increases. The あ, by the way new キャラ desires the Gee no and the participation of マロ. Already, also 10 years pass, but CM or not yet even cannot forget the story or music. Because 2 are people and character and skill unique, when it can participate, you think that it can enjoy rather. The long sentence impoliteness it does. Then paying attention to the body...

This guy goes on and on about why he wants the Ice Climbers to return but I'll skip that... This person wants Geno AND Mallow in Brawl. Like the first two people, this person has been a fan of the game since it was released. He/she comments that Geno and Mallow would be very unique characters and that a lot of people would enjoy their inclusion.

No. 276 Nickname & マリオマスター Contribution theme * the music which is wanted inserting All everyone who has participated Sakurai, and to development. Very today. Will development how probably be? In we head, as for the music which is used in the game, as for those where it is necessary for the game it is the rice cake remaining overnight, but you think that they are one fine arts, it is! As for the game, スマブラ, the Nintendo Co. compilation into one book. In other words, there is no reason which even compilation into one book of the Nintendo Co. music can be said is? X of first generation, DX, and new work. By his is impressed hurting, it does with any スマブラ. Only main theme it can designate X yet as the ear, but it is this one tune, and others, you shivered, it is! Already, when development advances in earnest, you knew it is it is not, how it becomes, is. Well, rather thing please drive out with impression. By all means, all people, we request the kind of music which the impression tear it is possible! Privately it is BGM of the forest of ハナチャン "of マリオ RPG", if "carefulness it is in the mushroom of the forest," being to be delightful enormously, it does, but don't you think? but..., because that is the case that it is also the copyright of スクエニ, it is unreasonable; Well, if the Gee no participates, certainly! (Excessiveness The renewal here it devotes to one time closing and development so the shank. Everyone! The new world is enjoyed! Please persevere!

This guy sucks up to Sakurai by telling him how amazing Brawl's music already is and how much potential it ultimately has. He then goes to request "Beware the Poison Mushrooms" which is the Forest Maze theme from Super Mario RPG. He's concerned that because it's copyright is under Square Enix, they might have trouble getting it but he suggests that it'd be worth the trouble if they were to get Geno into Brawl while they were at it.

Like I said, my translations are brief and don't go into full detail like the other ones I've done so of course I went over some of the minor details but I gave you guys the basic idea of what each of them say.
You really like red a lot don't you?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yes, use black!! And back on topic, how should Geno be unlocked?

If he's in Brawl, I'd like for him to be part of the Subspace Emissary in some form. Even if they make him as a boss for one of the segments, I think he'd fit very well into the story.
Either way, I'd like Geno to be one of the harder characters to unlock.

D

Deleted member

Beat Classic mode with Mario, Bowser and Peach.

That's how he should be unlocked in my opinion.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
Beat classic mode on intense with Mario?(never had peach or bowser when u got Geno in SMRPG)

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
Oh well. This is Brawl, not Super Mario RPG now, is it? =P
No, but they said make it hard...and intense according to Sakurai is the very definition of hard. Besides, doing it with the three of them wouldn't be very hard, just time-consuming. Intense without losing a life, with Mario, that might time time and dedication and practice, because very few people are great with Mario. The few deserving and focused should be able to be Geno.

Smash Apprentice
No, but they said make it hard...and intense according to Sakurai is the very definition of hard. Besides, doing it with the three of them wouldn't be very hard, just time-consuming. Intense without losing a life, with Mario, that might time time and dedication and practice, because very few people are great with Mario. The few deserving and focused should be able to be Geno.
Only that will never happen.

They are not going to make characters nearly impossible to obtain.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Did anyone notice how today's update talked about "shadow bugs." Apparently, that's what the Primids are stuffed with and they control their actions. I also noticed that the Primids have jointed arms and legs and have body structures very similar to wooden puppets... Huh... this is definately an interesting development. Puppets controlled by smaller entites and are skilled fighters... why does that sound familar...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Did anyone notice how today's update talked about "shadow bugs." Apparently, that's what the Primids are stuffed with and they control their actions. I also noticed that the Primids have jointed arms and legs and have body structures very similar to wooden puppets... Huh... this is definately an interesting development. Puppets controlled by smaller entites and are skilled fighters... why does that sound familar...
Coincidence, dude -_-;....

I think you're being funny, but if you're not, just clearing that up.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG, this can only mean one thing...

GENO IS THE FINAL BOSS!?!?!?!?!?!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Coincidence, dude -_-;....

I think you're being funny, but if you're not, just clearing that up.
It is interesting though how easily Geno could fit into the Subspace Emissary though. If he were it it, I imagine he'd be something of a "rouge" Primid. :chuckle: Anyways, I went to supermariorpglegacy.com and I found this. The site creator, Super Mallow, has been doing his homework and believes he has discovered that Square Enix is indeed involved with Brawl. He talks about what he's found here:

poke me

if the link doesn't work for some reason, here's the URL:

http://www.supermariolegacy.com/index.php?p=v3ssbbse

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
Would you rather me use black, my other favorite color? :laugh: (God, I love this new laptop...)
What is your laptop from, Microsoft, Apple,...hp?

Hmmm, We should get McFox to put all that on the first page, fatman.
Good luck finding Mcfox. He rarely visits the boards or let alone this thread at all. He hasnt posted since Grim lizard was spamming this thread.

If he's in Brawl, I'd like for him to be part of the Subspace Emissary in some form. Even if they make him as a boss for one of the segments, I think he'd fit very well into the story.
Either way, I'd like Geno to be one of the harder characters to unlock.
Me too, the best idea for him being unlocked in SSE is the one with King DeDeDe or if anyone can come up with something better?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno = Primid Clone?
or
Primid = Clones of Geno?

=O
Well, whatever is happening with all this, I'm hoping Geno has a HUGE role in all this...

and I hope he's playable

D

Deleted member

Who knows. Maybe Sakurai is trying to tell us something. I mean. Just look at those Primid legs...
shuddup .__.

XD

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Who knows. Maybe Sakurai is trying to tell us something. I mean. Just look at those Primid legs...
shuddup .__.

XD
...Maybe he got the entire idea of the Primids directly FROM Geno...

Hmm...

If he did though, would that be good or bad for him...

Piks

Smash Journeyman
I have a strong feeling too. It might also hint at him a little bit...

Edit; is there any place to sign up for the Geno Alliance? Or are they not taking anymore people?

antimatter

Smash Lord
methinks geno was lured by the ancient minister, captured, and his body was replicated and the copies were filled with shadow bugs.

Zycor

Smash Apprentice
I found out how come Geno is that popular, every single solitary role playing game, no matter how popular or unpopular it is has a fanbase cult who worship it's every bit of coding.

To be honest I never thought Super Mario RPG was anything extremely fantastic, I like Super Star Saga the most out of any Mario RPG, but the sequel was kinda stale. Paper Mario I can't say too much for, I mean I never played through them, but they were interesting to say the least. Super Star Saga is definitely my favorite Mario Role Playing game. (don't flame me for merely stating my opinions.)

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
I found out how come Geno is that popular, every single solitary role playing game, no matter how popular or unpopular it is has a fanbase cult who worship it's every bit of coding.

To be honest I never thought Super Mario RPG was anything extremely fantastic, I like Super Star Saga the most out of any Mario RPG, but the sequel was kinda stale. Paper Mario I can't say too much for, I mean I never played through them, but they were interesting to say the least. Super Star Saga is definitely my favorite Mario Role Playing game. (don't flame me for merely stating my opinions.)
Don't worry, it's your opinion and I respect that. I think Super Mario RPG is the best Mario RPG, while the Paper Mario ones suck.

Top Bottom