• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Cless

Smash Champion
Indeed. The forums are gonna go nuts with confirmations all over. I once again will have a japanese source feeding me info to post like I did with CoroCoro.

But maybe Geno is so awesome that he takes 2 years to unlock and we won't even know until after we're playing Brawl. Even the PAL people will be playing Brawl by then.
Yeah, you're gonna have to pm me when you find out.

Anyway, on the topic of Squeenix games, Kingdom Hearts: CoM is way better in 3d.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Merry Christmas people. Or as I like to say, Happy Birth of Christ. With any luck, Sakurai will pay attention to the INTERNATIONAL HOLIDAY and give us a mega awesome update of pure awesome. Or maybe it'll be another mode. I dunno, for how insignificant it is in the long run, I got a real kick out of last night's update...

So yeah. Geno for...twenty minutes from now. Woohoo~

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Merry Christmas people. Or as I like to say, Happy Birth of Christ. With any luck, Sakurai will pay attention to the INTERNATIONAL HOLIDAY and give us a mega awesome update of pure awesome. Or maybe it'll be another mode. I dunno, for how insignificant it is in the long run, I got a real kick out of last night's update...

So yeah. Geno for...twenty minutes from now. Woohoo~
Yes, Merry Christmas one and all!

...I'm doubting we're getting anything good...but I wouldn't complain if we happen to get Geno...

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Was right about getting a double update oh well

Can anyone photoshop Geno into a Santa skin?

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Merry Christmas everyone! ^_^

Bah at tonight's update though. . . Oh well. . . Geno for New Years perhaps? I'm starting to think we may not find out about him until the 24th when Japan gets the game. . . =(

Machspeed

Smash Lord
This update actually made me feel really good
1) We don't have to worry about Sonic's FS
2) Angel Island brings back so many good memories of playing Sonic when I was younger

Geno for NEW YEARS!

Enigma14

Smash Champion
YEah it is

What makes you think hes going to reveal all the character on the dojo before the game releases?

I could see if he releases other third party chracters

besides unlocking him would bring more shock in a 1 on 1 battle

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Geno hasn't even appeared on the cover of the game... :ohwell:
Actually, he's on the cover of the Japanese version and also on the cartidge.

Anyways, once again, Merry Christmas everyone. There's only a few "required" character updates left and about 23 updates until Brawl comes out in Japan. With the Sonic final smash update, all that's left is ZSS, Snake, and Zelda's final smash. The only music update that's left is the Mario one. New Years is a pretty big deal in Japan so I personally think that we'll be seeing something good next Tuesday.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Anyways, once again, Merry Christmas everyone. There's only a few "required" character updates left and about 23 updates until Brawl comes out in Japan. With the Sonic final smash update, all that's left is ZSS, Snake, and Zelda's final smash. The only music update that's left is the Mario one. New Years is a pretty big deal in Japan so I personally think that we'll be seeing something good next Tuesday.
...I am doubting that Sakurai matches his updates with Any kind of dates...

I am curious as to Zelda's abilities and Final Slash though

Rick88

Smash Journeyman

I think we might get something. Although I'm hoping we'll see the rest of the character updates and hopefully Captain Falcon's return as well. I'm curious to see Snake's FS. :cool:

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
I hope to see Zelda and Snake's Final Smash. If there should be at least one newcomer before Japan gets Brawl, let it be Geno and then update his moves and Final Smash.

D

Deleted member

Well he did say that he was requested in the update. The poll might not be everything.
Requested in person for Saki. But Saki isn't in Sakurai's Journal and wasn't in the polls. Geno is a most requested character. Saki wasn't. The polls mean a lot. Don't go off saying they don't

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
We don't know how it works. Saying ''He won't talk to Square-Enix just for an AT'' might be interpreted as common sense, but we still don't know exactly what's in Sakurai's mind.

Nintendo has used Geno for a negligable role before. They can do it again.

GenoWhirl_YEAH

Smash Cadet
i just hope he is in... btw what do we do if he is not in? just forget about him or bne loyal fans and continue talking about him?

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
We don't know how it works. Saying ''He won't talk to Square-Enix just for an AT'' might be interpreted as common sense, but we still don't know exactly what's in Sakurai's mind.

Nintendo has used Geno for a negligable role before. They can do it again.
Well they could for any character. Doesn't mean they are going to.

I think after mentioning him 4-5 times in his journal and asking around about him, he isn't going to end up as a simple AT

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, how would you diehard fans react if he's an AT?
Well, that'd be stupid because the only real arguement against him really is the whole Square thing...if they can get him at all why not as playable...

I guess I'd be mad for a bit or something...I dunno...

It's not like I ever thought he was assured in the first place though

Top Bottom