• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Psh. Serebii needs to put up or shut up.
AYE!

Please don't make a scottish joke

That list is inaccurate cause of WW Link and Generic AC villager, who should be like Cooper or Bob, IMO and K. Rool?

But thats me, anyways...

Geno...doubt hes getting a stage

Why?

Ness and CF didn't get 1 till Melee

Same with Roy and Marth, but both were Japanese only, but Lucas?

Cause we already know of Mother. Anyways I don't think all new comers are getting a stage or least 1 related to theme...Look at Ike's his is generic since it happens in all FE games

IF anyone from Mario deserves a stage it should be Bowser's castle complete with Lava, axe and platforms

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Well...

We can hope that Geno's one of the few who were correct on the roster.
That roster was full of characters I liked though, and I'm curious as to who is nonexistant in the final version...

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
ahh too bad about being owned by square-enix, if they put square-enix chars in brawl i think a ton of people would rather have Cloud and Sephiroth from FF7 but they could do Geno just acuse hes nintendo oriented.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well...

We can hope that Geno's one of the few who were correct on the roster.
That roster was full of characters I liked though, and I'm curious as to who is nonexistant in the final version...
I hope he is in, but I am a little worried...

Well, I know one thing...

HE CONFIRMED BANJO/ KAZOOIE IS NOT IN THE GAME <-Big News LOFL...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He also confirmed, SOME PEOPLE THAT AREN'T RETURNING...WERE NOT CLONES IN MELEE...

That just screams Ness to me...

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
AYE!

Geno...doubt hes getting a stage

Why?

Ness and CF didn't get 1 till Melee

Same with Roy and Marth, but both were Japanese only, but Lucas?
That doesn't matter at all. Look at Wario, Pit, Metaknight, and Snake. All 4 are newcomers and they all got a stage. Sonic is most likely gonna have a stage, and even animal crossing got a stage, and so far there's no animal crossing character in brawl.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I edited my post...

strange...

Anyways alright u got a point there but really would it relate to him at all?

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Well Sakurai did mention him alot in the journals...

Maybe Sakurai's love for Retro characters, and the fans can pull him through this one.

There's still hope left for his roster spot.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hmm...I don't quite know that to make of this. Anyone can claim their sources are valid, but this is the guy who leaked the Pokemon english names here....But then again, that was an awfully short list, and it DID have Ness and ACer on there...
We don't have a list...

...he never revealed ANY characters.

In fact, he said that was false...some of those characters aren't getting in

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Hopefully Geno isn't the type of "odd one out" on the poll, being the only one with four votes not to make it to the final game.

I wish Sakurai would give us some information soon about his arrivial/deconfirmation. Would put alot of us at ease.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Don't let your faith wain Geno brethren...and our prayers shall be answered!!!

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
We don't have a list...

...he never revealed ANY characters.

In fact, he said that was false...some of those characters aren't getting in
No, I meant the list he was talking about. I know it's fake. I was just commenting on how short the list is (that validates his "many more" comment), and Ness, Issac, and ACer being on the list are probably the "some" he was referring to.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
No, I meant the list he was talking about. I know it's fake. I was just commenting on how short the list is (that validates his "many more" comment), and Ness, Issac, and ACer being on the list are probably the "some" he was referring to.
Hey! They all have good chances to get in brawl.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Not Ness...

Anyways, I just saw the old poll results for Melee, and Geno tied with Mallow back then. Though we haven't gotten the full amount of votes, I wonder if it was actually closer than we thought it was for Brawl. =/

Chasesin

Smash Apprentice
um.... i think this was the best place to post this

im playing smrpg
i need some advice

im at the part after booster tower and marrymore and all the guides say that i need to talk to frogfucious to get the next area but when i talk to him all he says is (Sniff) Im sure going to miss mallow.....

could any here help me?

EDIT: nevermind found out where to get the food for fucious

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
um.... i think this was the best place to post this

im playing smrpg
i need some advice

im at the part after booster tower and marrymore and all the guides say that i need to talk to frogfucious to get the next area but when i talk to him all he says is (Sniff) Im sure going to miss mallow.....

could any here help me?
****, I got stuck here too...you skipped getting the cricket pie in the Mushroom kingdom town or whatever it's called. Go there and talk to the store owner

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Did you hear about this?
I looked at that but honestly, both sides need to put up or shut up... Do you know how many people we've run into that have claimed they know the roster since Brawl was announced? Didn't the Serebii person say they had contacts with Nintendo of Europe? Right, because we know how involved that division is with the actual development of Brawl...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I looked at that but honestly, both sides need to put up or shut up... Do you know how many people we've run into that have claimed they know the roster since Brawl was announced? Didn't the Serebii person say they had contacts with Nintendo of Europe? Right, because we know how involved that division is with the actual development of Brawl...
Serebii has a VERY good rep, and knew the pokemon, for example, before they were announced

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
You want me to give a couple reasons why this is fake? Heck, I only need one reason: it's from Game FAQS. :laugh: To be serious, there's no one terribly unreasonable on there (you know, besides Ness) but it's more then obvious that he took the high road when making his character decisions. He pretty much only added characters that have a large amount of popularity and those that are practically guarenteed like Krystal, Ganondorf, and Luigi. I think this is also the reason why he kept Mr. Game and Watch off despite the icons on the Dojo site strongly suggesting that he is going to come back.

I imagine that the starting roster won't be larger then 26 characters and we already have 21(if you include the elusive Shiek and ZSS). Captain Falcon's a given and I think the Animal Crossing Villiager is too simply because Smashville appears to be availible from the get-go. I think Captain Olimar and Krystal are in strong running for the starting roster too based on various things like the "holes" theory and things that have been shown in the updates. With those additions, that'd make 7 veterans unlockable again and, personally, I think that's a bit of stretch. Because of the Pokemon Trainer and his three pokemon and Lucario waiting in the wings, I think Jigglypuff and Mewtwo are in danger of getting the boot. Depending on how significant Sakurai sees the Star Fox franchise, Falco could be gone too. Luigi's a given and so is Ganondorf for obvious reasons. Because of how Ike turned out and a remake of the original Fire Emblem currently in the works, I think it's safe to say that Marth is coming back.

Regarding the newcomers, there's nothing unreasonable but I found it strange that he didn't include Megaman. The final total is also 39 characters and that makes me raise an eyebrow simply because how odd, both figuartively and literally, the number is. Also, if the rumor about Sakurai saying there was going to be "an unprecidented number of characters and more third party characters then we originally intended", that could also spell trouble for this roster. The lack of variety is also a bit depressing but that's meerly based on my personal tastes. (I think characters like Takamaru should make the cut). I still believe that the final roster will be between 40-45 characters and I think a lot of people feel this way too and could also be yet another reason why this guy chose such a weird number.

Well, that's all I have to say concerning this.
2 things i forgot; G&W AND Megaman were on there, Everything else you said makes sence.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Serebii has a VERY good rep, and new the pokemon, for example, before they were announced
As I said in an earlier post, the development of Brawl is much more under wraps then a pokemon game. If pokemon are revealed early, who cares? Each generation brings at least 100 new ones so that doesn't exactly tie that much significance to any of them and that's basically the reason why Nintendo has had no problem revealing next generation pokemon in the anime and movies months or even years before the respective games come out.

Brawl also covers a lot more ground. For the pokemon games, it's mainly concerned with the Pokemon Company (AKA Creatures Inc or was it Game Freak...) and Nintendo. For a game like Brawl, it expands to all of Nintendo's second parties and various people through out its history. Needless to say, Brawl is a much bigger deal then an average pokemon game.

By the way, can you provide posts showing this particular person telling the forum about the Diamond and Pearl pokemon before it was released in Japan in September of 2006? I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to find if this person truly did something so incredible.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Regardless, as I said in my post about the Game FAQs rumor that addressed the Prima guide rumor (Good God... too many rumors...), if this does turn out to be true, it doesn't exactly spell doom for Geno. As I pointed out, there's a decent amount of veterans whose returns are questionable and I can almost guarentee that Ness won't be playable. The person also said "some", considering the size of the list, I'd say that the person was mentally ruling out no more then 3 people. Regarding the list of newcomers, I'd not exactly sure if King K. Rool's standings are really all that strong either. The DK franchise has shrunk consideribly in popularity in the past decade and the Kirby franchise seems to be the "low standard" for the smaller franchises. In all, I believe Kirby is Nintendo's fourth best selling franchise with Mario being first (obviously), Pokemon in second, and Zelda in third so for those under that, I have hard time believing that they will have more then two completely seperate reps (like for Metroid, the likely case that both Samus and Ridley will each fill in one spot on the roster).

Add in: Yahoo! Waluigi goes down in flames and I think I can offically announce that the drought is over! This update once again provides more evidence for Sakurai's journal seeing how in the poll that NOA did through it's website in 2005, Waluigi was the fourth most suggested character overall. With Waluigi going down, characters like Birdo are holding onto his pant legs as he tumbles into the abyss. It also provides more evidence that Sakurai really isn't interested in making "copy and paste tag-alongs" playable so that may spell even more trouble for Bowser Jr. (Keep in mind that although Luigi and Diddy fall in this category, they actually start in their own games and have a decent amount of significance to their franchises.)

I really have to shed a tear tonight because Algus, a very respectible person, just saw his number one pick, Stafy, be made into an AT. Where-ever you are, I'm truly sorry...

Still, this was definately a good way to end off the week seeing that even more of Geno competition has hit rock bottom or fallen from grace.

Shadow Star

Smash Apprentice
I really have to shed a tear tonight because Algus, a very respectible person, just saw his number one pick, Stafy, be made into an AT. Where-ever you are, I'm truly sorry...
Wow, I really wish more people could be nice like that. I just hate it when people rub it in when someone's most-wanted character gets de-confirmed. That's the main reason I fear Geno's de-confirmation. If that happens, I KNOW every Geno hater on the Internet is going to orgasm with joy and hunt down the Geno fans one by one to make us miserable. :(

Why can't they just be nice and say sorry? It honestly can't be that hard for humans to show sympathy... Can it? :urg:

Either way, I'm trying not to get my hopes up, because something in my gut is telling me that Geno absolutely won't be confirmed on the 15th. Maybe it's just a reaction to all the Geno hate we've been surrounded by, or maybe it's just me and my nature of assuming the worst. I REALLY, REALLY want Geno to be confirmed, but... I'm really believing that this will be my reaction to CoroCoro's info:

Top Bottom