• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wha-WHAT!? Seriously? When was that confirmed? :ohwell:

So... does that mean Serebii was lying? And weren't we supposed to find this out on the 15th? DID I MISS SOMETHING!? :psycho:
Well, Japan is quite a bit ahead of us, AND people actually got the magazine on the 14th...

...Some threads in the Brawl General Discussion have links

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Source: www.brawlcentral.com

CoroCoro Update - Nothing New! All Info is DOJO Info!
What a devastating blow to the Brawl community. This month's CoroCoro issue only contains previously known info that has been announced on the Dojo. Even the screenshots are screenshots taken directly from the Dojo. The Brawl feature is a 16-page boolet featured within the magazine, containing Dojo information until about a week ago. Scans/images may be coming very shortly, for what it's worth.

Looks like all we can do to find out a new character is turn to Sakurai himself and the Dojo. I admit, I was really expecting some good news out of this.

All credit for discovering this goes out to kashikomarima****a for purchasing the issue and giving us the news.
Well, there goes our hopes of finally having some closure on Geno.

Cless

Smash Champion
Well, I wasn't expecting anything, but I was hoping. At least my groundless fears about Waluigi being playable were put to rest. Can't comment on Stafy though. I don't know what that series is about.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
I suppose this means that we have the starting roster already minus Sonic and Snake. Sadly, this means no Geno update until Japanese release.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
It also provides more evidence that Sakurai really isn't interested in making "copy and paste tag-alongs" playable so that may spell even more trouble for Bowser Jr.
Im sorry if this is off subject, but how is bowser Jr. a copy and paste tag along?
he has been in 3 main stream mario games.(more than I can say for geno)
is completely unique.(geno is also, just to keep on topic, and B Jr. is definatly very different from his father)
and has become very influentail to the series since his inlcusion.

so I dont see were you got this wacked out idea from.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
OH THANK GOD!!! :urg:

I thought the 15th was going to be judgement day for sure... Well, thanks guys, and girls. :)

GENO FOR BRAWL!
I wish it was. I wanna know what's going on with Geno right now. I'm getting too much into Pit. If Geno is revealed at the last minute, I' m going to go nuts with confusion. If they reveal him now, there's still a good chance he'll be my main over Pit.

Cless

Smash Champion
I'm not deciding who to main until I unlock everything. Makes it easier. Unless a Tales character of repute (read Abyss on down) was in the game for some reason. I'd main that person in an instant.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Never have I been so disappointed and relieved at the same time.

Well, I guess an hour ago with Stafy and Waluigi...

Never have I been so disappointed and relieved at the same time TWICE in one day.

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
Never have I been so disappointed and relieved at the same time.

Well, I guess an hour ago with Stafy and Waluigi...

Never have I been so disappointed and relieved at the same time TWICE in one day.
I can probably guess which you feel about either of them.

I'm not part of that norm, though. I'm sad that Waluigi isn't going to be playable, but on the plus side, this gives more room in the Mario world for Geno. :)

Cless

Smash Champion
Why? Do you see what his AT uses? A freaking tennis racket. You're basically summoning a moving Peach fsmash, which is perfect for Waluigi, since he's a crazy filler character. Kudos to you, Sakurai.

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
Why? Do you see what his AT uses? A freaking tennis racket. You're basically summoning a moving Peach fsmash, which is perfect for Waluigi, since he's a crazy filler character. Kudos to you, Sakurai.
Yeah, but he had a wide variety of moves he could have used from his appearances in the various party and sport games. It would have been cooler if he used the barbed whip from Strikers Charged, but that probably would have been too violent for Brawl.

Anyway, yah, Waluigi is an Assist Trophy. Geno's chancs, IMO, are still as strong.

Cless

Smash Champion
But look at all the Mario characters so far. All of them have moves from their games, of which, Waluigi has none. If there was a Waluigi game, it'd be a whole different story.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Wow.
I was scared ****less this morning when I thought I saw Waluigi a playable character. Had to turn off my screen and turn it back on.
PHEW.

Anyway, later, a guy is supposedly posting the CoroCoro results so check the General Brawl Discussion for his results later.

Off topic, so ill get on topic.

GENO FOR BRAWL

genosall

Smash Journeyman
in your computer waiting for when you get closer t
joyes yet horrific news evarybody!... oh you guys alredy saw the update... that relly is a shame for starfy... but then i looked down... WALUIGI DE-CONFIRMED! but you all know what this means.... half the geno nega-fans just had there dweems desroyed! but despite this wonderful news we realy should try to get on topic. remember this is not an anti-waluigi thred. (yea right) but a geno thred. besideds you never know when gimpyfish will stop by.... *starts to cry in thoght of no more geno therd*

Snakz

Smash Ace
Waluigi down. Bowser Jr, and Paper Mario to go.
QFT

Wow.
I was scared ****less this morning when I thought I saw Waluigi a playable character. Had to turn off my screen and turn it back on.
PHEW.

Anyway, later, a guy is supposedly posting the CoroCoro results so check the General Brawl Discussion for his results later.

Off topic, so ill get on topic.

GENO FOR BRAWL
Dude, dont worry, even if Geno didn't make it into Brawl (which is unlikely), he wont unconfirm him on the DOJO cause Geno's chances of being an AT instead are almost 0.

But im confident Geno will be in anyways! :)

Geno for Brawl!

Enigma14

Smash Champion
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

WALUIGI A AT

ironically my friend and I were talking about this yesterday

hmmm

Stafy had 2 votes...

Enigma14

Smash Champion
2 Votes? on what?
Poll/ Journal thing

Guess that does leave Ridley, Krystal and Geno, and Olimar

WAit nvm Stafy didnt even make 2.

King Dedede(5) - CONFIRMED!
Diddy Kong(4) - CONFIRMED!
Geno(4)
Ike(4) - CONFIRMED!
Ridley(4)
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3)
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3)

Krystal was leaked...but as what?

They still need to do the 3 section and Ridley if hes a PC or a boss

Snakz

Smash Ace
Poll/ Journal thing

Guess that does leave Ridley, Krystal and Geno, and Olimar
You dont mean this poll do you? http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=71872

Cause Stafy wasn't even on this poll.

Unless your talking about that other poll.

EDIT: Yea, see

BTW, was that other poll ever unconfirmed to be real? or is that still in debate?

And by other poll, i mean the one where Geno got the most votes along with a few characters i cant remember which.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Wow, Geno was dominating last night, but he's gottan ***** this morning in votes against MEwtwo. He's down by like 9 or 10 now. Geno for Winner in Character Battle!

Enigma14

Smash Champion
What sucks is that not all of these characters will make it as PCS so we can actually fight AS them instead of VOTING 4 them.

Anyways, im going to school, later all.

Geno 4 Brawl!

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Well, as far as the magazine article, I can't say I didn't tell you guys. It's a shame they didn't release any real info, but I think this will prove to be an important lesson.

Furthermore, the update today was stunning, really. The final deconfirmation of Waluigi made me giddy at 8 o'clock in the morning, something that not even a new car waiting in my driveway could do.

The other half regarding Stafy, however, is a perfect example of how supporters of a legitimately good character can be shot down. Let's not forget them when we look forward to Geno, because it's quite possible that we could all be in the same boat, and soon.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I'd be sad if Geno wasn't playable. but if he's an awesome AT i'd be happy because at least he was in the game in some way.

Top Bottom