• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
you should reword this...for ceartain reasons...
also for some reason this reminded me of the POW block in mushroom kingdom 2 for the N64. Is there any relation to the effects of the POW block and the ! block for your geno stage idea?
no relation. the switch i'm referring to in particular opens a new area in Booster Path (the road to Booster's Tower) but there are ! switches all over the world that do different things, like operate a crane, flood the room, etc.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
if Exor appeared in Bowser's Keep, and Forest Maze wasn't a stage, then would Bowser's Keep be Bowser's stage, or would it be Geno's?

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
lol.. I have to say, this is truly hilarious.
indeed. but no more discussion about the Wiki or the Alliance for a while...let's keep this to strictly Geno, his Brawl appearance, and stages, AT's that will go along with him.

what did we decide his dash attack would be?

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
OK here's the three taunts:

Somehting out of his hat, and says THANK YOU in the box
Victory Nod
Laugh

Boom. The finalized answer to all Geno taunt questoions for the rest of our lives. and our children's lives.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
lol.. I have to say, this is truly hilarious.
I want to know what you think is funny. Some troll (It's Snakz) catches a the deadly ebonics syndrome then editing the alliance page, and saying Geno sucks (which is ridiculous, we never even flamed them in the first place) and Ridley Rules.

http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/Talk:*****_***_****_kokichi_***_*****_RIDLEY_PWNS_YO_***
That's proof, that it's infact Snakz. Sorry about the cusses, I can't prove it any better.

On topic now: Is it me or is Geno's Woods the best Song for him? Also, Booster's Tower I bet would be the stage. I mean, there's not much better.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
OK here's the three taunts:

Somehting out of his hat, and says THANK YOU in the box
Victory Nod
Laugh

Boom. The finalized answer to all Geno taunt questoions for the rest of our lives. and our children's lives.
i'd say that's perfect.

and of course, his victory pose would include the "I serve...a higher authority" catchphrase.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Ok, you know how he leans forward and does his little rocket punch thing. I saw his dash attack just has him lean forward at the end of his dash n punch someone by having both of his fists pointed out like that. Only his hands don't rocket off, they stay attached to him.

Again, anyone wanting to help me with a Brawl project?

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Ok, you know how he leans forward and does his little rocket punch thing. I saw his dash attack just has him lean forward at the end of his dash n punch someone by having both of his fists pointed out like that. Only his hands don't rocket off, they stay attached to him.

Again, anyone wanting to help me with a Brawl project?
Y'know, that Rocket Punch may be awesome for
NEUTRAL
A-Punch>A-Kick>A-Rocket Punch

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I agree, the only problem i have with the flash moveset (which is amazing) is his dash attack, that would be such an awkward move and dash attacking is a big part of alot of ppls game

BTW i removed the Anti geno flame from the ridley page of the Smashwiki
Anyone know who did that? something tells me it was a former smashboarder...

Also thanks again to .Yoshi for the Geno Beam sig :)

KritikalError

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone!
It's kidna awesome when you have a Design and Fabrication class you prettymuch kisk *** in, and you have free time like, 5 minutes in the class. =D
Still no Geno. I'm getting pissedddd D:. Seems like looking back at recent patterns is no use, and we'll never know when the new character is released...
Someone talk to mee. xD

Sinn

Smash Lord
My only real response in the subject is that...at some point he WILL have to update another character. And I get the feeling that when he announces the final character in the game, he'll actually TELL us that it's the last character. So until that day happens (if it's before the game is released), I still have total faith in Geno being there.

KritikalError

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I brought up the character issue before, talking about how the character numbers almost doubled as each game released. If thats the case there woudl be a LOT of characters in Brawl, so I'm not sure what to think, becuase if thats the case theres still many more characters to come out. But, if it isn't the case then we're not too far off of the number of Meele characters...
I've been thinking of the chances of Geno, and I'm prettymuch positive that he's gonna be released. It's just the wait and anticipation thats killing me =P. Just think about it, Geno has popular demand, and what other characters out there are smash worthy? I think that most of the people that everyone is hoping for will be in it, other than Ridley (the strikeout seems fun =P).

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
I think Geno's rocket punch would make a better Foward Smash personally. I can see it being charged and everything. And if we get a new character update I'm a bit unsure of who itd actually be. I expect Geno, Krysta, He who must not be named, and am also HOPING for Midna/Wolflink...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't know if this has been brought up today but is it safe to say that most people want Geno's B attack to be Geno Beam, his B smash attack to be Geno whirl, and his B down attack to be Geno Blast? I think most people also agree that he should ultilize all his weapons in some form or another and that none of them should be left on the cutting room floor?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I don't know if this has been brought up today but is it safe to say that most people want Geno's B attack to be Geno Beam, his B smash attack to be Geno whirl, and his B down attack to be Geno Blast? I think most people also agree that he should ultilize all his weapons in some form or another and that none of them should be left on the cutting room floor?
Side B = Geno whirl ;) , Hmm if not that then what would be Side B And up B ? And then the FS ? Or the FS (Since sakurai seems to be making most of them superpowered B Moves.) Something like that :p , Not sure still O:.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I say Geno Beam is a likely B, Geno Whirl is best suited as a Side B, Down B is Geno Boost, and Up B is whatever they can think is best.

BTW i removed the Anti geno flame from the ridley page of the Smashwiki
Anyone know who did that? something tells me it was a former smashboarder...
I'm sure it was either grim_lizard or one of his blind lackey's. Just out of curiosity, what did it say? After yesterday, I could use "teh lulz"

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Side B = Geno whirl ;) , Hmm if not that then what would be Side B And up B ? And then the FS ? Or the FS (Since sakurai seems to be making most of them superpowered B Moves.) Something like that :p , Not sure still O:.
The side B attack is also refered to as the B smash attack, although I'm not exactly sure why. Geno's B up attack is something that most people can't settle on. If I had to decide, I'd probably go with a revamped form of Geno Boost. As for the FS, most people are in agreement that it should be Geno Flash since that was his most powerful attack.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
The side B attack is also refered to as the B smash attack, although I'm not exactly sure why. Geno's B up attack is something that most people can't settle on. If I had to decide, I'd probably go with a revamped form of Geno Boost. As for the FS, most people are in agreement that it should be Geno Flash since that was his most powerful attack.
FS Could be flash AND UP B Could be flash...If it can't then explain diddy plx (But then again his Comes from the game.) Still not sure through...Side B Seems suited for geno whirl <_< Or maybe they could just make up a new move for the FS ? Not sure still <_< , Oh wait i got that one...The Geno cannon can be his up B ? :p.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
FS Could be flash AND UP B Could be flash...If it can't then explain diddy plx (But then again his Comes from the game.) Still not sure through...Side B Seems suited for geno whirl <_< Or maybe they could just make up a new move for the FS ? Not sure still <_< , Oh wait i got that one...The Geno cannon can be his up B ? :p.
Geno Flash and the "Geno Cannon" are the same thing. I also have a hard time imagining how turning into a cannon would serve too well as a recovery attack. :p

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Geno Flash and the "Geno Cannon" are the same thing. I also have a hard time imagining how turning into a cannon would serve too well as a recovery attack. :p
reply to my pm :X , Lol i'm a pm addict <_<.
To keep this not off-topic...Anyhow i wasn't so sure of that >_< I Have an idea for the cannon.
The cannon will charge up and you have to press left or right quickly , Then it will make you go "BOOOOOOOM" That way :p (Example:press up B Then right and you will go right <_<.), Probably something like that or something better since sakurai IS Imaginitive with it :p.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
To keep this not off-topic...Anyhow i wasn't so sure of that >_< I Have an idea for the cannon.
The cannon will charge up and you have to press left or right quickly , Then it will make you go "BOOOOOOOM" That way :p (Example:press up B Then right and you will go right <_<.), Probably something like that or something better since sakurai IS Imaginitive with it :p.
So in other words, Geno would recover by shooting a blast and that would propel him in the opposite direction? That makes sense although it is a bit unconventional.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Well, maybe it should work the other way. You point it right, and you shoot a blast and that force propels you in the opposite direction. It'd take some skill to get used too.

So you aim right, blast right, fly left.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
So in other words, Geno would recover by shooting a blast and that would propel him in the opposite direction? That makes sense although it is a bit unconventional.
The opposite way ? You mean like press right and you aim for right or you press left and you aim for right :dizzy: ? Hmm i think either way would be pretty gud , The second option would make him a bit confusing but hey PK Thunder is confusing sometimes :p (Not trying to stray off-topic but i'm trying to compare...:/.) Hmm so let's get this right so far.
B:Geno beam
BV:Geno blast
B>:Geno whirl
B^:Geno cannon (Not sure if it will work opposite way or not like i explained.)
FS:Geno flash
Hmm that's pretty gud , Now left is where to put the Geno boost <_<...Anyhow i think it's down well :p.(Moveset that is.)
@Darkfur , Yeah that was another method i came up with , I Think the "Opposite" Method would be better to take a KEY In getting use to , Wow we got the moveset down well so far :p.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Well, if they were going to use Geno Flash as a recovery move, Sakurai would probably alter it so that it functions slightly different than it does in SMRPG.

Imagine a move that controls similar to Yoshi's egg toss (Up+B to initiate, then pick a direction to alter the trajectory). Geno turns into a cannon and fires himself in that direction. Basically, the cannon fires a Geno instead of the blast from SMRPG. After the cannon fires Geno, it goes *poof*, and the fighting continues. If Geno comes into contact with an opponent after firing from the cannon, they get knock away parallel to his trajectory.

At least, that's how I envisioned it.

Top Bottom