• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You guys are forgetting Pikmin, that's one of his FAVORITE creations...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hey guys, off topic here

Apparently it's Miyamoto's birthday tomorrow, might that mean Luigi's confirmation?
Keep in mind that Miyamoto has created A LOT of Nintendo's major franchises. If tonight's update was intune with his birthday, it could come from anyone of these franchises:

Mario
The Legend of Zelda
Donkey Kong
Star Fox
F-Zero
Pikmin
Nintendogs
Miis (technically)
Mole Mania (really a long shot but it could happen)

If you ask me, tonight would be the perfect night to reveal either Olimar or a Pikmin stage since it's only major Miyamoto franchise that hasn't been represented yet.

Oh, I'd also like to add that Sakurai commerated Totaka's birthday with Yoshi's Final Smash and Go K.K Rider so this all is in the realm of possibility.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Keep in mind that Miyamoto has created A LOT of Nintendo's major franchises. If tonight's update was intune with his birthday, it could come from anyone of these franchises:

Mario
The Legend of Zelda
Donkey Kong
Star Fox
F-Zero
Pikmin
Nintendogs
Miis (technically)
Mole Mania (really a long shot but it could happen)

If you ask me, tonight would be the perfect night to reveal either Olimar or a Pikmin stage since it's only major Miyamoto franchise that hasn't been represented yet.

Oh, I'd also like to add that Sakurai commerated Totaka's birthday with Yoshi's Final Smash and Go K.K Rider so this all is in the realm of possibility.
True, but Luigi is the most likely to be in Brawl out of all the feasible characters that Miyamoto has created. Plus it wouldn't derive from his own celebration that much if it were Luigi as opposed to other shockers like Olimar.

Although i suppose Capt. Falcon or Ganondorf has equally enough chance as Luigi, but Luigi is directly related to Mario, his finest creation of course. It just makes sense to me.

Anyway, were getting pretty off topic with this :p

The Director

Smash Lord
Ok, this might sound strange to some of you but I need to get this off my chest:

How if Geno's name pronounced?

See, growing up I always pronounced it Gehno, like the word Getty. But, it seems I ate too many paint chips as a child as I've been hearing his name pronounced Gino, like the word Guliani.

For some reason, to me the pronounciation Gehno gives him a little more character. I probably just missed the point entirely. No matter tho, I still want him for Brawl more than any other character. (now that Diddy's confirmed)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ok, this might sound strange to some of you but I need to get this off my chest:

See, growing up I always pronounced it Gehno, like the word Getty. But, it seems I ate too many paint chips as a child as I've been hearing his name pronounced Gino, like the word Guliani.

For some reason, to me the pronounciation Gehno gives him a little more character. I probably just missed the point entirely. No matter tho, I still want him for Brawl more than any other character. (now that Diddy's confirmed)
It's pronounced G-No

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I've always pronounced it "Jen-no" but if he were to make it into Brawl, his name would probably be prounced "G-no" sense that's the most common way of saying it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Awesome, I just happen to have found the OFFICIAL pronunciation of Geno

Geno (Jean-Oh)

Edit: I guess we were ALL wrong, heh

TBone06

Smash Ace
yeah I guess it could be a bunch of different things

and hey a big hitters gonna go this round in the eliminator, Geno's compition is getting wiped out

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
yeah I guess it could be a bunch of different things

and hey a big hitters gonna go this round in the eliminator, Geno's compition is getting wiped out
Yeah, Lucario and Megaman have bitten the dust in the past two days and basically what's left is a few possible newcomers and mostly possible returning veterans.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
People think Toad isn't filler, Sakurai gives us "updates" we already knew, people don't know how to say Geno, what the hell is wrong with everyone?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Go Geno w00t, i'm kinda surprised that megaman got voted out.
Of course they did, that was my plan from the beggining, my strategy...just one more person I WANT to eliminate (but for personal bias reasons)...

Geno Vs Ridley final round...

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Geno = God's Messanger, he really in in SMRPG, besides he has enough move poltenial to help as well as he pollential as well (4 character votes; that is one more the Krystal)

UtopiaXD

Smash Apprentice
Geno is gona be in brawl and so will Ridley (playable? I duno but a boss or something but he will be in) Expect both characters.. People keep pinning them up agaisnt each other. I personally say GENO before anyone else but seriously 95% chance we will get both. That is to say that if Geno's includement in brawl has been taken care of and he makes it. This will not get in the way of Ridley being added to the brawl. I look foward to both characters but of course Geno ALOT more :-)

Top Bottom