• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
Naw, because Geno talk is worthless anyways.
Then how about you go find another thread to post in. Obviously, something about Geno intrigues you if you constantly come in here and annoy other people. Just say what you have to say and I promise that we will stare at it for days and learn from it.

K?

RDK

Smash Hero
Then how about you go find another thread to post in. Obviously, something about Geno intrigues you if you constantly come in here and annoy other people. Just say what you have to say and I promise that we will stare at it for days and learn from it.

K?
Was that some sort of jab, or are you actually being serious?

RDK

Smash Hero
Translation:
"Z0mg I'm 15 and d0nz have teh b4ll h4irs y3t so i iz m4k3s fun of teh Gen0 p30plz!"

Go troll somewhere else, please, and don't ever come back here again.
I'm going to ignore this post because of the pure idiocy flowing from it.

So anyway....do you guys generally use McFox's moveset as the "official" Geno moveset, or did the GA make its own?

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
I like how you completely avoided my statement. Of course, I am taking a jab at you! Do you not see the Geno Avatar and the Geno Sig? It doesn't even take a paralyzed ******** man that sits in a corner to figure that one out.

Obviously, you must come in here for something. If you want to talk about Geno fine, but knocking him in front of a group of fans that talks about him in a positive way is just ignorant. Ignorance is the incestual wife of stupidity.

I'm guessing that you are just out of ways to argue that Geno isn't going to get in, so you decide to come in here and diss him. Go make an Anti-Geno Fanclub if you want to have everyone see how annoying you are. Don't bring it in here.

genosall

Smash Journeyman
in your computer waiting for when you get closer t
Geno-3rd party (but sqare and the big N are all "buddie buddie" now so nintento would not have a probblum with geting him in. yay!)

DK-1st party (duh!)

Issac-i dont know him...

Dixy-who cares? honestly!

also 1-2 3rd paty char. was a estamite so lets hope for mega man!

but Darkstar makes a good point(disbite his insults), what DO we use (if any) for an "offical" geno move set?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I'm going to ignore this post because of the pure idiocy flowing from it.

So anyway....do you guys generally use McFox's moveset as the "official" Geno moveset, or did the GA make its own?
Finally a post on topic.

I'd prefer my own for him and not use any of the 2, but thats just me.

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Well, it varies. Some people want this, that and the other... they're basically all the same things, despite a few switch-ups to the B-specials.

O_o Robot Geno? Shoot 'em up, shoot 'em up, shoot 'em up, y'all.

Annnnddddd.... *insert random graphic that always comes with my meaningless posts*

"Oh NOES, it's an animated work in progress!11"​

^Does it fail or does it pass the worthy-enough-to-be-made-into-a-sig test?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Well, it varies. Some people want this, that and the other... they're basically all the same things, despite a few switch-ups to the B-specials.

Annnnddddd.... *insert random graphic that always comes with my meaningless posts*

XD

*Geno nod*

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Oh heh, very nice! Funny

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

I think Pacman is a great choice D:

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I think Pacman is a great choice D:
Oh God, nay to that. If Namco was going to get a represenative into the fray, it woiuld be someone who is a lot more popular-- like Nightmare/Siegfried or KOS-MOS. We have enough Smash Brohters, we need some estrogen with third party reps.

I love Sora and all that Kingdom Hearts stuff, but if Square would lend a hand, I would prefer something that says Square, not "Squa...Disney". Since Geno is not a true third-party in my opinion, I'd love to see Square lend a black mage utilizing franchise-stape spells like Fire, Thundara, and on.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Oh God, nay to that. If Namco was going to get a represenative into the fray, it woiuld be someone who is a lot more popular-- like Nightmare/Siegfried or KOS-MOS. We have enough Smash Brohters, we need some estrogen with third party reps.

I love Sora and all that Kingdom Hearts stuff, but if Square would lend a hand, I would prefer something that says Square, not "Squa...Disney". Since Geno is not a true third-party in my opinion, I'd love to see Square lend a black mage utilizing franchise-stape spells like Fire, Thundara, and on.

Namco- KOS-MOS or a female from Soul Caliber

Square- FF is not an option, they even said it themselves. Geno, if not then who?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Wait, what? >.>
A while back read a statement saying that if Square were to offer a character for Brawl they said it wasn't going to be FF related.

Can't remember where i read it but that day I was looking at KH stuff specifically the new KH games.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Well in terms of a female in Soul Calibur, Ivy would make sense because she is by far the most popular female character Soul Calibur has to offer. KOS-MOS would fit the shoe even more because of the Monolith/Nintendo issue, especially with both espidodes redone for the Nintendo DS.

As for the Square portion, I never read anything on Final Fantasy not being an option. I would be dissapointed if they used a blue Slime instead of a Black Mage. I'm kinda excited to see that musicians that Square use are participating, especailly with Nobou...whatever his name is-- gives me the idea that Square is participating in adding a character to the third party roster.

I'm getting confused on the Geno issue though. I thought we established that Geno is 'second' party, and doesn't have to compete for a spot in the race for third party characters. We only need the character, the rest of the SMRPG game was set in a Nintendo universe, so it's not like Square needs to have a hand in developing other things like the way Kojima did when he had a hand in making the Shadow Moses stage.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Well in terms of a female in Soul Calibur, Ivy would make sense because she is by far the most popular female character Soul Calibur has to offer. KOS-MOS would fit the shoe even more because of the Monolith/Nintendo issue, especially with both espidodes redone for the Nintendo DS.

As for the Square portion, I never read anything on Final Fantasy not being an option. I would be dissapointed if they used a blue Slime instead of a Black Mage.

I'm getting confused on the Geno issue though. I thought we established that Geno is 'second' party, and doesn't have to compete for a spot in the race for third party characters. We only need the character, the rest of the SMRPG game was set in a Nintendo universe, so it's not like Square needs to have a hand in developing other things like the way Kojima did when he had a hand in making the Shadow Moses stage.
Because of the fact that at the end of credits it said S/E only I'm becoming convinced that Geno is really 3rd party, that and he hasn't been in many mario-cross over games.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I don't know - that doesn't make much sense. Square, not using Final Fantasy?

Link?
A while back read a statement saying that if Square were to offer a character for Brawl they said it wasn't going to be FF related.

Can't remember where i read it but that day I was looking at KH stuff specifically the new KH games.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Well I would presume that getting Geno in Brawl is no sweat since they did it for Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, since that game doesn't come close to the scale Brawl is.

But for Square-Enix's image, they would probably want to share a character who is 100% Square-Enix. It's like a marketing stradegy. Fans of Brawl who have never played Metal Gear or Sonic would probably see that those characters are so interesting, that they would want to go out and buy their videogame. Metal Gear and Sonic are reoccuring characters that will continue to have more videogames, exactly like Final Fantasy and their affinity reusing familiar elements of chocobos, moogles, and black mages.

Square has no further use for Geno, since he really is a star being from Star World in lieu of being of the Nintendo universe. Not like they can randomly fit him into Final Fantasy XIII.

So in order for Square-Enix to make a profit in the long run from Brawl, it's in their best interest to put a franchise-staple character from a well-known series like Final Fantasy.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Well I would presume that getting Geno in Brawl is no sweat since they did it for Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, since that game doesn't come close to the scale Brawl is.

But for Square-Enix's image, they would probably want to share a character who is 100% Square-Enix. It's like a marketing stradegy. Fans of Brawl who have never played Metal Gear or Sonic would probably see that those characters are so interesting, that they would want to go out and buy their videogame. Metal Gear and Sonic are reoccuring characters that will continue to have more videogames, exactly like Final Fantasy and their affinity reusing familiar elements of chocobos, moogles, and black mages.

Square has no further use for Geno, since he really is a star being from Star World in lieu of being of the Nintendo universe. Not like they can randomly fit him into Final Fantasy XIII.

So in order for Square-Enix to make a profit in the long run from Brawl, it's in their best interest to put a franchise-staple character from a well-known series like Final Fantasy.
But who do the fans want? But who was on the poll?

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Just because there is a poll doesn't mean that all those characters will definately be in the game. Snake wasn't on any poll. All companies are looking out in their best interest, so there are likely to be some ultimatums that have to be fulfilled.

We want Geno. Square wants profit.

I'll be describing as if Geno were already announced; Geno is already in, but how is Square going to get valuable profit off Geno being in Brawl? How is it going to boost their reputation?

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Well that's kind of obvious and besides the point though. Of course they're going to get paid, but with Brawl being as big as it is, I'm sure Square is going to want to lend an additional character that will attract fans to their franchises like Final Fantasy.

Geno isn't going to attract people to Square's neighboorhood. Geno isn't as 'fresh' as Sonic and Snake, they've had a lot of reoccurences throughout may itterations. Geno has really only stole the spotlight in one game.

But that being that he's had a large fanbase and notable Nintendo properties, it's very likely that he will make the cut.

All I'm writing is that Square-Enix would probably want to make a marketable profit by adding something like a Black Mage.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
did Square get any profit of him being in Superstar Saga? no.
How would you know that? Is that an opinion or fact? Because if it's a fact, I'd love to see some proof.

Anyway, that isn't relevant to the off-topic discussion about not lending a Final Fantasy character to cash out in Brawl.

If Square were to cash in on Geno they they would make much money.
They'd only have to pay royalty fees, nothing else. If they were to look at in the long run, they would try to attract Brawlers to their franchise by a Square icon.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I remember now. At the S/E convention where they had their stuff playable like FF13. They announced that FF wouldn't be a suggested choice for Brawl, but they would use something stupid like Romance Dawn.

Top Bottom