• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

D

Deleted member

Geno was made for Brawl. Nintendo saw the future and made Geno just to put him in Brawl.

[/blunt stupidity]

Geno is Legendary and should be in Brawl for 1 reason and 1 reason only.

HE IS ****ING GENO.

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
I agree, Im keeping that voting page open and watching to see if Geno is voted off. If he is Ill charge in and be your back up lol. I totally want to kick Falco off that list though for being a clone.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno thread, strike now!!! Vote Geno back! Show em we are serious!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just to Mess with them, let's all vote Mallow in as well!!!:chuckle:

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Voting for Geno on a random Brawl roster never felt so good.

LC, those scans were badass. I was looking around for some SMRPG strategy guide screenshots- and, lo and behold!, I find them on the greatest thread ever. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. (Also, thanks for the Bowser's Kingdom heads up. I watched the series before and lost interest, but if I had known Geno was in them... "Just point to the doll. Show me where your father touched you." :laugh:)

Even cooler, I was taking notes on colonial pirates... needless to say, I was happy to find out I was not the only one that doodled all over my notes and such in class. (Here's looking at you Shadowbolt, paralasalud and Genosall ^_^)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/dogdigger/loldoodelcopy.jpg?t=1194038411

Heh. I wish I had seen that sailor cape earlier.

Okay, now everybody go vote for Geno! THIS... IS.... BRAAAAAWL!

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
hmm I still don't think that are good enough arguments then you could like get a character like vivian she was on sakurais poll and was also a partner of mario and she has a moveset. Oh and things like Geno is awsome is just your opinion a lot of people don't know him so don't have any opinion on him

EDIT: the poll is at least I think I don't know a lot about smash I only followed it like every day since the site got the countdown chosen by fans that are hardcore gamers but if you look at the casual side (brawl is becoming more casual every day) a lot of people didn't hear about him so that doesn't count the poll (my opinion). And for the fact that was on the site Geno was in two games but only one where he had a major roll but he wasn't the main character there were others so why deserves Geno to be in over Mallow? and the IC's had two games with one as a main character so there more important to there series

I'm sorry I'm so negative I doesn't bother me if Geno gets in but I want other characters then Geno oh and this thread could use a little more debate if you ask me and I'm also sorry for my poor english but that's just because I'm only thirteen and english isn't my main language I have to go to bed now so I won't answer till tomorrow

Sinn

Smash Lord
Two things we should keep in mind though. First, though I think Vivian is a great character, she doesn't seem nearly as popular as Geno. Second, the fact that Geno was only in one game years and years ago and is STILL as popular as he is in and of itself says a lot about how well liked he is.

As a side note...it might be just me, but I think this thread has more activity than any other thread in my subscription list now.

Sinn

Smash Lord
EDIT: the poll is at least I think I don't know a lot about smash I only followed it like every day since the site got the countdown chosen by fans that are hardcore gamers but if you look at the casual side (brawl is becoming more casual every day) a lot of people didn't hear about him so that doesn't count the poll (my opinion). And for the fact that was on the site Geno was in two games but only one where he had a major roll but he wasn't the main character there were others so why deserves Geno to be in over Mallow? and the IC's had two games with one as a main character so there more important to there series

I'm sorry I'm so negative I doesn't bother me if Geno gets in but I want other characters then Geno oh and this thread could use a little more debate if you ask me and I'm also sorry for my poor english but that's just because I'm only thirteen and english isn't my main language I have to go to bed now so I won't answer till tomorrow
I'm curious as to what makes you say that Brawl is becoming more casual everyday...The original game was kinda casual. Melee stepped that up to another level, and Brawl...from what I can tell, with all the game mechanics and new characters and pure Nintendo nostalgia and fanaticism contained within it, it doesn't feel like it's aimed at casual gamers at all. Aside from the fact that a casual gamer probably won't care about any one particular character to begin with (unless they just happen to have one series that they love...that series may not even have a main character...like Tetris), all of the little dorky references to old or weird Nintendo stuff is MEANT to be enjoyed by Nintendo purists, not just the random person who picks it up. It's being made so that it can be played and enjoyed by anyone...but it is being made FOR the gamer.

That being said, we also can't really state with any kind of certainty that everyone who would want Geno to be in the game, casual gamer or not, even got a chance to voice their opinions. And as for Mallow...granted, there's no real way to argue this either way with proof since it's basically all opinion, but I personally think it breaks down like this:

Geno was on a mission to fix the Star Road.

Mario was on a mission to rescue Peach, and just happened to get dragged into the Star Road thing along the way.

Mallow was on a mission to find his real parents, and was told to follow Mario around until that happened.

Whose purpose has the greatest significance to the overall plot and goal of the game?

And finally...the Ice Climbers had two games? Are you sure about that? What was the second one?

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Mysteryfox, I'm just glad you're an intelligent human being that uses the Internet for a purpose instead of turning it into a troll bridge.

Geno is an awesome character (like you said, this is an opinion) for me. What separates Geno and Mallow from the Paper Mario partners is their importance in their respective stories. Vivian did play a moderate part in TTYD, but Geno dominated a good chunk of the storyline (if you haven't played Super Mario RPG, the plot is based on collecting seven star pieces that Geno is sent to retrieve... so, without him the story just follows the lines of "beat the boss and save the princess").

Geno, as established on the front page of this thread and elsewhere, has excellent moveset potential. ...'Nuff said.

Aaaaand... it looks like the awesome Sinn, as always, has covered everything else. ^_^

Genosall- ah, it's just a sketch. Your artwork has good potential, all you have to do is develop your own style and go with the flow. (I'm not that great at coloring... I just color it in with a brush in Photoshop. I suck at using real mediums. XD)

Once Brawl is out, we'll still have the Alliance... but no doubt everyone will be a lot less active. (You know... 'cause they'll be too busy playing what they've been posting about for the past few years. XD) If When Geno is in, though... we can just use this as a place to discuss his pwnage in Brawl, and when the time comes...

SMRPG 2! *cheers*

And, uh... wasn't everyone posting their age and such back in the 200's somewhere...? Just to get on track, I'm a March 1994, which explains my having to use an SNES9X and my lack of Geno counter-arguments. :psycho:

D

Deleted member

ACH, where do I vote?!

Erm, nvm. Found the link. XD

GENO FOR BRAWL

Snakz

Smash Ace
Forgive me for being off topic but WHO THE HELL INVENTED THE F*CKING WALL-JUMP IN SUPER METROID!?! aghh! i just wasted a half-HOUR trying to wall-jump my way out of a well...

sorry, needed to just say that somewhere :grin:

Anyways, lets hope there's some newcomer next week (and there's a chance it could be Geno!)

D

Deleted member

It needs to be a surprise for me this time. The last two (Sonic and Dedede) I knew were gonna be in. I saw those two coming. If Geno gets in, that will be quite the B-Day present for me.

My Birthday is on the 6th by the way.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Aaaaand... it looks like the awesome Sinn, as always, has covered everything else. ^_^
Aw, I <3 you too ^_^

Forgive me for being off topic but WHO THE HELL INVENTED THE F*CKING WALL-JUMP IN SUPER METROID!?! aghh! i just wasted a half-HOUR trying to wall-jump my way out of a well...

sorry, needed to just say that somewhere :grin:

Anyways, lets hope there's some newcomer next week (and there's a chance it could be Geno!)
If you think THAT's irritating, try mastering the infinite bomb jump. I'd tried to do it for years and it wasn't until I sat down and watched a friend of mine play and do it that I finally got the timing down. Basically you have to set a bomb, then when that one starts spinning and flashing all fast, place another one. Then, after you hop into the air, on your way down lay another. If you've timed it right, you should still be in the air by the time the second bomb explodes. This is the real trick to the whole thing: you have to basically be slightly above an exploding bomb. So once you're in the air, the timing isn't nearly has hard to pull off, but just don't try to space the bombs too far apart or you risk throwing off the timing and messing it up entirely.

Oh, and Geno next week for Brawl. And if not him, then Krystal.

D

Deleted member

If it won't be Geno next week than it'll be Ridley. But, that's just me.

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
I think that it will be a veteran next week. I think Captain Falcon really deserves a spot.

I don't care if Geno never gets announced. As long as he is a character in the game I will be very happy.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
A friend of mine theorizes that we'll get a new character next week - hopefully it'll finally be Geno - especially considering all of the website newcomers so far have been from existing franchises - they're not big on giving us the new franchises just yet. So yeah - so far we've got

Pokemon
Metroid
Kirby
Fire Emblem
Donkey Kong
Mother

We've almost got him, guys.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
A friend of mine theorizes that we'll get a new character next week - hopefully it'll finally be Geno - especially considering all of the website newcomers so far have been from existing franchises - they're not big on giving us the new franchises just yet. So yeah - so far we've got

Pokemon
Metroid
Kirby
Fire Emblem
Donkey Kong
Mother

Unless Animal crossing or Fzero gets a rep, cause their icons have been there for a long time, then we will have Ridley or Geno

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion

Pokemon
Metroid
Kirby
Fire Emblem
Donkey Kong
Mother

dont let you're fanboyism cloud you're judgment, there are plenty of other franchises and veterans that we havnt seen, so dont think you are any were near knowing if hes in. you also broke the first rule of predicting updates, its sakurai, YOU CANT! also with how many fans geno has, I dont see him being announced until later. I cant think of any specific dates that relate to him, so I think (if hes in the game) that he would be announced later on, in january or febuary(before brawls rlease of course).

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
And of course, Error, what YOU think is SOOOOO much more accurate than what I think - merely because it's you - it helps your predictions so much. Care to tell us when the world will end?

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
And of course, Error, what YOU think is SOOOOO much more accurate than what I think - merely because it's you - it helps your predictions so much. Care to tell us when the world will end?
I am not saying im any more accurate than you, I am saying that the logic you used there has many holes, I just tryed to give a more realistic base. also if you want me to give a more accurate prediction, I cant, nobody can. The best I can think of is christmas, geno is a doll(dolls=christmas presents for some people), but that is also a weak base. I am not saying in any way, shape, or form that I am better at predictions than you. I am just saying dont end up like:
"ZOMG GENO IS MADE OF WOOD< ITS EARTH DAY< GENO WILL BBE ANNOUNCED THAT DAY!!!"

and the world will end when it ends. it will inevitably happen but not in any of our life times so I dont care to worry about it at all.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Wow - you're acting like I was shouting "GENO IS DEFINITELY BEING SHOWN". I blatantly used the word "hopefully". Stop reaching so far for an argument.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Wow - you're acting like I was shouting "GENO IS DEFINITELY BEING SHOWN". I blatantly used the word "hopefully". Stop reaching so far for an argument.
and youre getting very defensive about it. all I am saying in a nut shell is please give a good base to youre predictions. its a pet peve of mine to see something like that. lighten up.:ohwell:

Snakz

Smash Ace
Although Geno has some chance of being revealed next week, i think it's still a little early to be expecting him, besides, i think we'll most likely get Ridley before him. Of course i would deffinetly not be disappointed if Sakurai decided to show him earlier than mine, or any of our expectations

Im not expecting much out of this coming week besides a character update, i really dont care if it's a veteran or a newcomer. Here's what i see goin down this week

Best-case-scenario: Ridley is releaved

Worst-case-scenario: no character update at all this coming week

Though overall, i see this week being item oriented, probably 2 or 3 updates on a normal item, AT and/or pokeball. Probably throw in a music update somewhere too

Enigma14

Smash Champion
^Thought that as well however there will be update different from them all, something obvious we all know about like sheilds...

paralasalud

Smash Ace
yeah i definitely think ridley will be the next newcomer and falcon will be the next veteran. i just don't expect next week to have anything huge, much less a character update.

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
Geno, Music, 2 items and a gamemode (SE video I hope)

These are my predictions for this week. A newcomer is almost certain.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Item, At, Music, Character, game play related.

Geno for early december or late november, hopefully!

Fearthesmash

Smash Apprentice
Most epic week evar:
day 1)Geno announced!
day 2)Geno b moves
day 3)geno final smash
day 4)star road shown as stage
day 5)SMRPG music update and Croco as an assist trophy

Won't ever happen, but I can dream can't I?(an update week like that won't happen, Geno in brawl will!)

Sinn

Smash Lord
Most epic week evar:
day 1)Geno announced!
day 2)Geno b moves
day 3)geno final smash

Won't ever happen, but I can dream can't I?(an update week like that won't happen, Geno in brawl will!)
That would be kickass if they decided to do that the week that SMRPG gets released for the VC <3

You know what's worse than Geno not ending up in Brawl? The Holocaust!

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Don't have much to say about this topic. . . .but here.

Geno=owned by S/E. No getting around it. They would have to ask for him like they did Sonic.
Posted in my"I need answers thread" any thoughts on the matter?

Copperpot

Smash Ace
It just reitterates something we already knew. Yes, technically he is owned by Square-Enix. A lot of this "2 1/2 party" hubbub has stemmed from the position Sakurai put Geno into on the polls. He listed him as a first party character. All of the sudden, people everywhere are thinking 'Hey . . . is Geno reeeeeaaally owned by Square? He was developed during a time when Square was a developer soley for Nintendo. It must be true! He's ours now!'

From what I can tell, Geno is still owned by Square. And as far as his 3rd party status is concerned, he always will be unless Nintendo purchases the character from Square.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Most epic week evar:
day 1)Geno announced!
day 2)Geno b moves
day 3)geno final smash

alright I'll let you in on my dream week

day 1) Geno announced and a video about him joining the brawl. (much like Sonic's)
day 2) Geno final smash
day 3) Geno b moves
day 4) Geno maze shown as stage with the Geno maze music
day 5) Exor as assist trophy (where he strikes down the middle of the stage like he did in Bowser's keep

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
Hello and thank you for contacting Nintendo,

Sorry that our response was not clear. The characters in the Super Smash Bros game are not all the property of Nintendo. They generally remain the property of the company that originally created them.

with this said, I don't think it matters what party Geno is.

Top Bottom