• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

paralasalud

Smash Ace
more sketchy sketch treats for ya'll.

a little bit cutesy. with dreads. i figure that's what yarn would look like if a star possessed a doll and enlarged it. and i figure if geno had hair it'd be yarn-esque.

T3H DUBBLE ROCKETTZ PUNCHZ!

edit: btw don't steal these without asking.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
Neat-o, why can't I draw things all sketchy like!
My lines are so smooth and perfect... curse meeee!
haha the hand in the foreground isn't sketchy. i just keep sketching over lines if i mess it up. i had a lot of trouble with the head placement so it gets REALLY sketchy there.

UtopiaXD

Smash Apprentice
I think that if geno makes it in we will end up seeing some sort of star power related move and not just a bunch of his "geno ____" moves. I could be wrong but it would make sense, either I got my hopes up for geno all the hints point to yes for him in SSBB :)

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I think that if geno makes it in we will end up seeing some sort of star power related move and not just a bunch of his "geno ____" moves. I could be wrong but it would make sense, either I got my hopes up for geno all the hints point to yes for him in SSBB :)
Which hints? Just curious.

Anyways Geno isn't 3rd Party so he doesn't need to compete for a spot.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
*agrees with Darky Dee and Paras* If anything, it's just another lame argument to add to the wiki but I think it is too lame even for that.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Another thing that may be old to some of you, but I had just pieced it together just now. The musicians page states that Yoko Shimomura (Kingdom Hearts, Parasite Eve, Legend of Mana) is signed on as musical talent, and she is the one who composed the music for Super Mario RPG as well.

Another musicians hailing from Square games are signed on as well. I find it more of a coincidence that they have musicians known of producing music for other companies, like Konami and Sega while having Snake and Sonic joining the fray.

Either way, may be irrelevant to some, but I have a feeling the musicians page gives major hints.

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
That's a pretty good point.

I don't need any more proof. In my mind Geno is already announced and in the game. All possible arguments about him are horrible, and all logic points towards him being in.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
That's a pretty good point.

I don't need any more proof. In my mind Geno is already announced and in the game. All possible arguments about him are horrible, and all logic points towards him being in.
Just waiting for a update

Sinn

Smash Lord
As are we all. Maybe Monday would be a good time to do it. Mondays make awesome newcomer posts and we had no new profiles this week, so...

Actually, the fact we've also had no double or triple updates recently kinda ticks me off, but...meh, what can ya do?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
As are we all. Maybe Monday would be a good time to do it. Mondays make awesome newcomer posts and we had no new profiles this week, so...

Actually, the fact we've also had no double or triple updates recently kinda ticks me off, but...meh, what can ya do?
Wait...

Next update is either music or a item

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
I read on the last page that somebody said Geno would be a Samus clone so I would like to slap that around a bit. Anyway, first of all Geno's Geno Beam is just that....A BEAM!!! Samus' charged shot is a charged ball. None of their other attacks would be relatively close either!!! I hope we get a new character announcement soon. All the Dedede hype died fast. I hope even more than the announcement is Geno.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I read on the last page that somebody said Geno would be a Samus clone so I would like to slap that around a bit. Anyway, first of all Geno's Geno Beam is just that....A BEAM!!! Samus' charged shot is a charged ball. None of their other attacks would be relatively close either!!! I hope we get a new character announcement soon. All the Dedede hype died fast. I hope even more than the announcement is Geno.
Come on someone from the poll!

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Why do so many people think Geno would be short? Let's examine their sprites, shall we?

As you can see, even WITHOUT his hat, Geno is taller than Mario.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Just by a bit.

methinks Geno can't wall jump.
Well, granted the size of the sprite areas for the party, pretty much everyone would have to be shorter in order to appease Bowser's girth. I mean, look at Peach and Mario's size in SMRPG - pretty close - then look at it in all the other games she's been in. QUITE the difference.

I wholeheartedly expect Geno to be significantly taller than Mario - not even counting the hat.

As for wall-jumping, I think that depends on the type of character he is. Some can wall-jump, some can crawl, and some have multiple jumps. The third is an automatic out, and crawling doesn't strike me as a very Geno-like thing to do, so wall-jumping it is.

KritikalError

Smash Apprentice
Please don't mind me butting in, but I think that Geno wall jumping would be a high possibility, thats if he's even in the new game...

Man, I hope to God they add him. =\

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Why do so many people think Geno would be short? Let's examine their sprites, shall we?

As you can see, even WITHOUT his hat, Geno is taller than Mario.
That's something I never realized. I always thought Mario and Geno were roughly the same height. =/

I'm not sure about him being able to wall jump, but I do know he'll have high speed. Just look at his stats in SMRPG.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Another thing that may be old to some of you, but I had just pieced it together just now. The musicians page states that Yoko Shimomura (Kingdom Hearts, Parasite Eve, Legend of Mana) is signed on as musical talent, and she is the one who composed the music for Super Mario RPG as well.

Another musicians hailing from Square games are signed on as well. I find it more of a coincidence that they have musicians known of producing music for other companies, like Konami and Sega while having Snake and Sonic joining the fray.

Either way, may be irrelevant to some, but I have a feeling the musicians page gives major hints.
That's one reason. Sakurai tries not to let things slip by, so by covering up that Yoko Shimomura composed Super Mario RPG's is more than coincidental to me.

Other than my theory, reasons Geno should be in Brawl because.
A) He's awesome.
B) He's very awesome.
C) Has a big-*** fanbase.
D) Did I mention he was awesome already? I don't htink I made it clear enough if I did

I also think he was one of the most requested characters, knowing that Sakurai is big on fan service, the impossible seems very possible.

100links

Smash Ace
Can someone name a few reasons why he should be in cause I don't think he will be in
well bare with me here im not much of a debater or whatever... but

1:he whould be a good square represenative....thing =l
2:hes quite popular... i belive he was on the poll's
3:HES GENO! what more could you want!?

but if geno didnt get in... id still be quite happy with what i got...im pretty sure geno and megaman is neck and neck in the battle for 3rd party spot-ness

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have a giant, couple paragraph response to why Geno should get in...but it's some pages back and wouldn't know where to find it

Snakz

Smash Ace
It doesn't matter because it's a thread that might not last a while but

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=123712

Geno has 1 more vote to be voted out and you can't counter vote...IF he get's voted out storm the place and vote him back in!
Yea, i agree, it doesn't really matter overall, be we still should show these punks that Geno is worthy of anything if he's kicked off the list

sorry bout the x2 post

Top Bottom