• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Copperpot

Smash Ace
One too many Geno dreams, if you ask me . . .

I can picture it though:

Geno: "Hilary Duff fans are spreading like wildfire! If this keeps up, the entire world will be overrun with A-cup bras and Britney Spears propaganda!"

Higher Authority: "You know what this means . . . don't you? Your job will be reduced to granting the wishes of them, meaning you'll be selling 'Duff' concert tickets and recording her late-night TV specials on Kid Disney . . ."

Geno: "My word . . . It's worse than I could have ever imagined . . . There is only one thing left to do. I must single-handedly slay every monster that bleeds for this . . . Duff."

Snakz

Smash Ace
I had a strange dream last night that Geno made it into Brawl, but one of his missions was to hunt down Hilary Duff fans. o_O

Don't ask. I'm known to have very strange dreams that don't make any sense. @___@
I've only had one dream about the Dojo updates, and it wasn't Geno on there, it was...Gardevoir, and you could only play as her if you paid for another version of the game when it came out....im not even a Gardevoir supporter, but i believe i had that dream a day before Gardevoir was revealed as a pokeball

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
One too many Geno dreams, if you ask me . . .

I can picture it though:

Geno: "Hilary Duff fans are spreading like wildfire! If this keeps up, the entire world will be overrun with A-cup bras and Britney Spears propaganda!"

Higher Authority: "You know what this means . . . don't you? Your job will be reduced to granting the wishes of them, meaning you'll be selling 'Duff' concert tickets and recording her late-night TV specials on Kid Disney . . ."

Geno: "My word . . . It's worse than I could have ever imagined . . . There is only one thing left to do. I must single-handedly slay every monster that bleeds for this . . . Duff."
xDDD

And I wouldn't doubt that the Hilary Duff fans would be the type that would try to "bishie-fy" Geno. >_>

@Snakz: I'm horrible with predicting stuff. @@ I just hope the update comes soon . . .

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
what kinds of guns does geno use? does he use the kind we have in smash or is the kind that fills people with lead? because sakurai wont allow real style guns into the game(i.e. a pistol.)
I'm pretty sure Geno's guns are allowed because he shoots pellet bullets, almost BB like and Cannon balls...I doubt Sakurai is totally against cannonballs

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
what kinds of guns does geno use? does he use the kind we have in smash or is the kind that fills people with lead? because sakurai wont allow real style guns into the game(i.e. a pistol.)
From what I remember, Geno's only gun weapons were Stars and Pellets that came out of his fingers. However, he also has a detachable Rocket Punch, double barrel Rocket Punch, Mortars that come out of his elbow joints, and all of his special moves. Sakurai could get creative with the rest.

I want to contribute to the Geno thread, to here are my random thoughts:

Geno's expressions: Many people seem worried that since Geno's a doll, he won't seem expressive enough due to his face being made out of wood. However, looking back onto the sprites for SMRPG, it seems Geno posessed a wide range of facial features:

Bug-eyed, angry Geno is my favorite. So it is entirely possible to have him be more than stoic through the brawl.

Geno's taunts:

1) Faces the screen, does his "Victory Nod" from the end of a SMRPG battle.
2) Pulls a KeroKero cola from under his cap. Drinks it. No effect. Sometimes "Get a Freebie!" text appears.
3) Geno Boost. Just like from the games. No effect.
4) Pumps his arm, makes it looks like he's reloading it. Alternatively, he could screw his arms on tighter.

Alternative costumes: different cape armors from SMRPG. Sailor Cape, Fuzzy Cape (PIMP GENO!), Fire Cape, Star Cape, Mega Cape, Happy Cape. I'll see if I can't scan an image or two from my old Players Guide.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Alternative costumes: different cape armors from SMRPG. Sailor Cape, Fuzzy Cape (PIMP GENO!), Fire Cape, Star Cape, Mega Cape, Happy Cape. I'll see if I can't scan an image or two from my old Players Guide.
Yes! Scan them all! Please? I've been dying to see them and have had no luck finding them online. ;___;

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What do you think Geno's stats will be...

Example:
- Strenght: ****
- Defense: **
- Speed: ****
- Attack Speed: ***
- Jump: **
- Weight: **

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
Yes! Scan them all! Please? I've been dying to see them and have had no luck finding them online. ;___;
I aim to please!

Unfortunately, the Players Guide doesn't show images for the Star Cape, Fuzzy Cape, or Happy Cape, but it's not too hard to imagine what they look like.

Anyway, FIRE CAPE:

SAILOR CAPE:

And even if there isn't a scan for the Mega Cape, we can see the color scheme from Mario and Mallows:

Hope I've been of assistance!

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
I aim to please!

Unfortunately, the Players Guide doesn't show images for the Star Cape, Fuzzy Cape, or Happy Cape, but it's not too hard to imagine what they look like.

Anyway, FIRE CAPE:

SAILOR CAPE:

And even if there isn't a scan for the Mega Cape, we can see the color scheme from Mario and Mallows:

Hope I've been of assistance!
You, my friend, are made of all sorts of awesome and epic win. I have been looking for those pictures since I first heard about them here on the boards. Thank you so much! <3

*bakes you Geno cookies*

Axel-of-the-Key

Smash Cadet
Geno is awesome, Mallow too. Geno has amazing chances now, because there was a character list that Japanese fans made that went in this order:
1. King DeDeDe
2. Diddy Kong
3. Geno
4. Ike
Geno is in between three announced characters. That gives him a chance right there.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I'm still pondering on my wish list of his move set.

Throws said:
Back: Geno Beam Ex
Like Mewtwo's back throw, throw behind in air followed up with a beam shot at opponent.

Up: Up, Up, and Away
Kirby's throw where the rapidly flies up and smashes the opponent down again.

Down: Meteor Smash
Throws opponent to the ground and Geno flies up in the air and smashes down into them, good knock back.

Forward: Rocket Punch Ex
Shoot one arm into opponent, decent knockback, not as good as Meteor Smash.
Attacks said:
Standard: 1-2-3-4 Combo
Like Mario's combo, but the fourth hit will be harder to pull off like Marth/Roy's combo, being a backhand with good knock back range.

Foreward: Jab Lunge
Like Zelda's magical swipe, except he make a little lunge foreward.

Down: Star Powa!
Like Samus', shoots the ground infront of him, causing an explosion.

Up: Rainbow Flip Kick
Does a flip kick with a rainbow trail behind his kicking leg.

Up Air: Rainbow Flip Kick Plus
Peach's up air, except doesn't make Geno lose ground as fast as she.

Forward Air: Comboholics Anonymous
One punch, followed by a round house and a back kick.

Down Air: Corkscrew Heel
Typical spiral kicks.
Smashes said:
Forward: Rocket Punch
hands detach from arms and rocket a few feet forward.

Down: Full Sweep
he sweep kicks, just puts his whole body into it to have a nice reach, standing on one arm.

Up: Star Uppercut
does a Mario-esque coin uppercut, but like less than half it's height that has one of those Sweet Spot to send opponents flying off stage.
Specials said:
Standard: Geno Whirl
Like a toned down version of Fox blaster, releasing discs of light rapidly. For colorful rainbowy effects, changes colors the longer you keep shooting.

Forward: Geno Beam
like Master Hand's beams projected if aerial, on ground, charge shot by holding B like a serious Kamehamehaway/Shinku-Hadoken.

Up: Geno Boost
unlike the stat raising original ability, he would look like Astro Boy and Superman, arms held in front with beams emitting from the heels of his feet, propelling in direction you want, hits opponents as well as recovery.

Down: Geno Blast
like Pikachu's Thunder attack, a beam of light crashes down on Geno.

And Final Smash--
Geno Flash; like everyone else should expect, transform into a cannon and release an even larger Geno Beam, like ten times the size, like Samus' Zero Cannon.

Taunt: Does his laughter animation from SMRPG.

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
You, my friend, are made of all sorts of awesome and epic win. I have been looking for those pictures since I first heard about them here on the boards. Thank you so much! <3

*bakes you Geno cookies*
*eats cookies*

Aww, you even made them shaped like little Geno dolls. Know what would be great to wash down those Geno cookies?

Anyway, this Geno alliance I keep hearing about, what is it exactly? And am I qualified to join?

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
I need some SSBB Icons in my sig....Ive gotta get to work, but I totally suck at this lol. Be back sooooon!!!!

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
o man, I googled this and it's amazing. Anyone who likes the forest maze song, or ochestrated music should listen to it. http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/16671 its on here
Holey Shnikeys! That was unrivaled awesome!

Question: WHAT STAGE WOULD REPRESENT GENO IF HE MAKES IT INTO BRAWL?

I'm hoping for a grand tour of Super Mario RPG, like how the background kept changing in Final Destination. If not, the other obvious choice would be Rose Town Forest Maze.

However, if they make Bowser's Keep a stage, they should make the stage move up to the roof, and there would be Exor, Just a thought.

Last thing; while we're mentioning Newgrounds, the latest flash animation "Bowser's Kingdom" features Geno. Screencap:

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I'm wondering what his stage would be though, I'm caught between something on Star Road or the forest where we first encountered Geno.

I'm wishing the stage would be a moving stage that keeps going upward in a spiral motion that fighters would have to keep up with the pace fight on a a rainbow until we reach the top as characters dodge shooting stars. The top would be inside a palace with a bunch of stars being spectators of the match, cheering people on, then the ground would eventually break and you end up falling into the forest where enemies would butt into the match and you see Toads cheering you on, and then the rainbow road becomes visible again and you start climbing again back to the Star Palace.

Perhaps as we climb higher into the sky, we could spot the Smithy sword in Bowser's Keep, and the Axem rangers flying in the background, and cameo appearance by Stafy following the screen, watching the characters duke it out.

TBone06

Smash Ace
I think the forest maze, and it could have the music. Then Bowyer is in there shooting arrows at people ( Kind of like the Warioware stage)

ElvishSpirit

Smash Apprentice
*enters*

Um..................eh-hem...................................

I DONT WANT GENO IN BRAWL!!!!!!

*Quickly runs away, never to be seen in the Geno thread again

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
*enters*

Um..................eh-hem...................................

I DONT WANT GENO IN BRAWL!!!!!!

*Quickly runs away, never to be seen in the Geno thread again
Coming from someone that wants Bowser Jr...

I'll just ignore that as humerous

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Oh God. Bowser Jr. would be a waste of character space. I doubt he will make the cut because his dwindling popularity and poor design. He would basically be what Pichu was to Pikachu. No-go.

I like how he chose to role play in order to try to impose such a threatening message on such a unbelievable concept.

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
*ahem* back on topic...

Any ideas who Geno's Voice Actor might be? I imagine something close to David Humphrey's Shadow the Hedgehog, only less "edgy".

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
He will not have a voice actor he is made of wood after all.
Pinnochio would like to have a word with you...

But seriously, he talks in SMRPG, therefore he must have a voice. Doesn't necessarily mean he has to talk, but he has to say something when he's knocked out, smashes, taunts, etc.

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
But apparently he had a rough robotic voice in the GBA game...

That wasn't Geno the star warrior. That was Geno the doll. Assuming his voice is robotic because his doll was hooked up to a game machine tutorial is just silly.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
The best stage idea that I have heard is in forest maze with Bowyer shooting arrows. But instead of hitting players the arrows would hit icons that have the controllers' buttons on them, and when an arrow hits the button would be disabled just like in the game. It sure would make battles interesting if your stuck using only your special moves :p

Copperpot

Smash Ace
If I could pick anyone, it'd probably be Cary Elwes. Don't ask where this idea came from. I just picture Geno with a somewhat softer, mid-toned voice.

For those who don't know who Cary Elwes is, he played Westley in The Princess Bride (hilarious movie, by the way).

For those that still don't know who he is . . . for shame . . .

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That wasn't Geno the star warrior. That was Geno the doll. Assuming his voice is robotic because his doll was hooked up to a game machine tutorial is just silly.
The doll could have actually had a voice...

and Geno could have just spoke through it

Top Bottom