• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Has anyone sent this thread link or the wiki page to nintendo or Sakurai?

Sinn

Smash Lord
^ okay first of all, I like Geno, but I mean i get your point with Lucas and the others, but I mean he's not the main character of Super Mario RPG unlike the other 3 guys and 1 girl. I don't try to hurt anyone but I mean I really couldn't see him fit in brawl [like lucario]

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
that would be great, but I have a suspicion that we'll have to wait till the game comes out to see :(
sakurai is going to announce every character who will be in brawl before its release. he said so himself. he wants to be the one to tell people things such as megaman is in brawl or geno. instead of some 30 year old guy with nothing better to do then hack the game and announce who's in. I realy do hope geno isnt third party or at least wont take a third party space (no offence).

Enigma14

Smash Champion
sakurai is going to announce every character who will be in brawl before its release. he said so himself. he wants to be the one to tell people things such as megaman is in brawl or geno. instead of some 30 year old guy with nothing better to do then hack the game and announce who's in. I realy do hope geno isnt third party or at least wont take a third party space (no offence).
Let me make this clear.

Argument: Geno can't get in over Megaman.
Answer: Both can get in. In an interview, Sakurai provided an ESTIMATE of how many 3rd party characters there would be. A confirmed number was never properly given. (Editted for clarity by Copperpot)

Sinn

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who kinda hopes it takes longer than, like...a day to unlock everyone? It kinda makes it feel too easy if you've got everyone that soon. Even Mewtwo was easy to get if you just let a single stock two player match run overnight >.>

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Am I the only one who kinda hopes it takes longer than, like...a day to unlock everyone? It kinda makes it feel too easy if you've got everyone that soon. Even Mewtwo was easy to get if you just let a single stock two player match run overnight >.>
Then lets hope for a insane way of unlocking characters. BTW how is your Court story coming along?

Night all.

vesperview

Smash Hero
If you play like crazy it'll take you a day anyway, even more so if you have a walkthrough, I couldn't have let my tv and gamecube on all night, to unlock mewtwo it would've destroyed my TV.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
I personally hope that unlocking characters this time around doesn't involve long hours of playing or many vs matches.. as I have no one to play with anyway. <_<

Sinn

Smash Lord
The court thing is actually coming along really slowly for a couple of reasons. For starters, I spent the last week playing Trials and Tribulations, which is an awesome game and ALL of you need to play the Phoenix Wright series or so help me God I will force feed you nothing but objections for the rest of eternity.

But on top of that...well, I'm still trying to think of exactly how to have it run. I don't know if I want a lot of characters to show up or just a few, because on the one hand, I don't think I have enough material for any one character to have the comic ride on its own, but it'll end up kinda random and fragmented if there's just a slew of characters too......I'll probably compromise and have to get creative with just the few (or just Geno) I have in mind.

And I'll show you the evidence soon...

>.>

<.<

If you play like crazy it'll take you a day anyway, even more so if you have a walkthrough, I couldn't have let my tv and gamecube on all night, to unlock mewtwo it would've destroyed my TV.
The console runs perfectly fine with the TV set turned off too, ya know >.>

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
I agree, I want this game to provide as many thrills as possible in not making it to easy to unlock characters. However, if Sakurai releases all of the characters himself before the game comes out then whats the point? lol. Im just gonna want to play play play as all the characters. Im still glad though that the game forces you to play every character if you want to unlock everyone though. It was because of that that I ended up using Ice Climbers and Zelda in Melee lol. At least there are enough features in this game to keep you entertained well after unlocking every character....and give you more to do then gather stickers/trophies. Im to tired to get an exact number of how many updates we have left...soooo Ill do it tommorow lol. G'night.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Let me make this clear.

Answer: Both can get in. In an interview, Sakurai provided an ESTIMATE of how many 3rd party characters there would be. A confirmed number was never properly given. (Editted for clarity by Copperpot)
Im not saying he CANT get in over megaman, I am saying that I hope he isnt third party for both their sakes. yes it was a estimate but he did say 1-2 more third party characters after snake (I am not sure about this next part) at the most. I would prefere important characters such as these two to be able to avoid cobat for a position like this. I would yes, prefere megaman over geno, yes, I would be a little dissapointed if geno got in over megaman (this is in the scenario that geno is third party), but there is always a chance other factors may apply(for example if geno is counted as the rumoured 2 1/2 party but I dont think that is a possibility). for all we know, nintendo may buy geno from square making him completely first party and they may make a smrpg sequal. I highly doubt though that that would be the case.

and ya I knew the character roster hasnt been confirmed but what I realy am trying to say is in a nut shell. I dont want competition for these two characters. they both SHOULD be in if at all possible. but I wouldnt want geno in as a third party rep of...I wont get into that argument but you know what I mean.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yes, had Halloween thing to go to...

Geno AND Megaman for Brawl! Let's not fight y'all!

Sinn

Smash Lord
I trick or treated as a China person with the clothes I got in Chinatown. It was my way of saying, "Yeah...I have no costume..."

This week needs a red update. I say it be Geno.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sakurai gave us The Summit on Halloween with nothing more than a Jack-o-lantern to represent Halloween...

Maybe at the stroke of Midnight (here), when Halloween becomes All Hollows Day (The Dark Hour)...Geno will be revealed as the TRUE update...

Sinn

Smash Lord
I think Sakurai just didn't care one way or another that it was Halloween, personally. I doubt there'll be any updates that relate to anything that's going on in the real world. He exists on a separate plane of reality than we do.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I really don't understand why everyone thought Geno was going to be the Halloween update. Sure, they can be loosely connected through artificial constructs, but he really has nothing at all in common with the holiday.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I really don't understand why everyone thought Geno was going to be the Halloween update. Sure, they can be loosely connected through artificial constructs, but he really has nothing at all in common with the holiday.
Bleh, they didn't really...Just Halloween is basically my Christmas...

Wishful thinking on my part

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
Geno's not going to be in guys. not in any form.

I'd like to make my first post in the Smash World Forums to be:

"I'll remember you said that".

Nice to be here, everybody! Hopefully my visits will be productive and numerous.

Also, GENO FOR BRAWL.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Whatever people, don't even listen to that *******...he does nothing but diss on everything without any kind of reason or anything.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Here's the quote from Sakurai:
'Secret characters are one of the fun parts of Smash. Although you don't want to find out until the very end, I guess [literally: 'after all,' so there is no doubt in this statement] I'll reveal them. Again, just like "Smash fist" [literally: 'Sumabura ken,' the name of the Japanese SSBM site?] I can't just hold these characters back. "

He says that he will reveal them but he doesn't say that he'll do it before the game is released. It sounds like he'll reveal some of them afterwards, like he did with SSBM

Let me make this clear.

And not only that, his statement of only 1-2 more making it in was "mysteriously" taken off the site. Though that could mean nothing, I think that it's evidence for them not having a limited number of 3rd party slots. Which doesn't make since anyways. I mean, why would they decide on a random arbitrary number of pre-set slots for 3rd parties? Wouldn't they just take it as it comes?

Diddy the Donkey

Smash Rookie
I support Geno all the way too; SMRPG was one of my first games I believe. But I have a question for you guys.

Would you be upset if he lost his puppet-like looks? Like what if he became Final Fantasy like, his curls would become realistic hair etc.
I doubt they would do this, but how would you guys feel about that?

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Here's the quote from Sakurai:
'Secret characters are one of the fun parts of Smash. Although you don't want to find out until the very end, I guess [literally: 'after all,' so there is no doubt in this statement] I'll reveal them. Again, just like "Smash fist" [literally: 'Sumabura ken,' the name of the Japanese SSBM site?] I can't just hold these characters back. "

He says that he will reveal them but he doesn't say that he'll do it before the game is released. It sounds like he'll reveal some of them afterwards, like he did with SSBM

And not only that, his statement of only 1-2 more making it in was "mysteriously" taken off the site. Though that could mean nothing, I think that it's evidence for them not having a limited number of 3rd party slots. Which doesn't make since anyways. I mean, why would they decide on a random arbitrary number of preset slots for 3rd parties? Wouldn't they just take it as it comes?
It was "mysteriously" taken off the site? hmmm...thats an interesting tidbit of info I will keep it in mind.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I support Geno all the way too; SMRPG was one of my first games I believe. But I have a question for you guys.

Would you be upset if he lost his puppet-like looks? Like what if he became Final Fantasy like, his curls would become realistic hair etc.
I doubt they would do this, but how would you guys feel about that?
As long as he is in (as a PC) it wouldn't matter.

Way it is...

Either he is in or not.

1. Why would they pay for him to be another cameo or AT?
2. People want him.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Status of my story of Geno, Cierra, Crono and Ness...Chap. 3 imcomplete due to writers block

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
Holy crap--I just thought up a character entrance:

A Geno doll gets thrown onto the stage, and is soon after engulfed by a transparent blue light. A star comes down from the heavens and possesses Geno's doll body, and the doll begins to float upwards, grows, then springs to life and shakes off stardust and the bluelight.

It'll honour the RPG game AND look badass!

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Intros need to be quick, buddy. I think we'd be better off having the doll be on-stage right at the start.

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
Intros need to be quick, buddy. I think we'd be better off having the doll be on-stage right at the start.
This could be quick. I'm thinking the action will sorta be like the Link intro for SSB 64. Only this time, Geno's on the ground, and a star goes into him.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
what kinds of guns does geno use? does he use the kind we have in smash or is the kind that fills people with lead? because sakurai wont allow real style guns into the game(i.e. a pistol.)

Copperpot

Smash Ace
There are two weapons he possesses that could be classified as 'guns'. Either he shoots pellets from his fingertips or elbows, or he shoots stars from his forearms.

I wouldn't categorize either of the two as traditional guns, though. The pellets don't pierce. They merely bounce off of their target, like the bean bags used by riot squads.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
I had a strange dream last night that Geno made it into Brawl, but one of his missions was to hunt down Hilary Duff fans. o_O

Don't ask. I'm known to have very strange dreams that don't make any sense. @___@

Snakz

Smash Ace
If i had to predict the next few character updates, i think it'll go down like this:

Very next one will be veteran (Capt. Falcon, Luigi??), possibly at the end of this week (Nov 2), if not then next week (Nov 5-9)

Next one will probably either be Olimar, Krystal or Ridley in that same Nov 5-9 week or the next week (Nov 12-16)

If Olimar or Krystal, then Ridley will come in the next two weeks, (Nov 19 - 23 or Nov 26 - 30, depending if Olimar is revealed same or next week)

If Ridley, then Geno will probably come next two weeks (again, Nov 19 - 23 or Nov 26-30)

If my predictions are somewhat right (Believe me, im most likely wrong, trying to predict Sakurai is like trying to predict the weather blind folded) Then we might be able to expect Geno late November or early December

Just thought i'd have some fun speculating :)

Top Bottom