• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Practiced vectoring-- not a finished product, so it's still a work in progress.

Very interesting vector...what do you use and how do you do that...

I work in Illustrator but not that good at coloring and such...

Do you use Mesh Gradient?

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Well I penned everything in PSCS2, and then I shade it with default circular brushes, most of the times with colors set to different blending layers, but this one in particular just the burn and dodge tools.

And nope, no Mesh Gradient-- I think that's a filter you're referring to, not really familiar with it, haven't used Illustrator in almost a year.

I'll probably give it a Yoshi's Island cutout-style art in the end.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well I penned everything in PSCS2, and then I shade it with default circular brushes, most of the times with colors set to different blending layers, but this one in particular just the burn and dodge tools.

And nope, no Mesh Gradient-- I think that's a filter you're referring to, not really familiar with it, haven't used Illustrator in almost a year.

I'll probably give it a Yoshi's Island cutout-style art in the end.
Nope, Gradient Mesh is a very complicated way of coloring something in a gradient, but with it can create pictures that can turn out to look like something out of a photograph...

Bleh, either way I suck at coloring

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
That's a very good picture, but the only thing that bothers me is the eyes. He doesn't come off as serious as his personality suggests.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Ah, yeah-- though I was going for a bubbly manga look or whatever those Asian comics are called. >_<

I want to see some of you work, PsychoIncarnate. x:

Grew a wild hair and decided to display some of my stuff here

Back on topic, yeah, Geno's awesome. I hope his stage is Star Road, with a star shower once in a while and Stafy will make a cameo appearance in the background.

genosall

Smash Journeyman
in your computer waiting for when you get closer t
todays update...

/dissapointment )= ahh well, thogh i thoght we would get a chareter update today... mabey we did? dose that fish look familliar? baloon fighter for brawl?(mabey a char. update for him tomarow?)

that pic. of geno is a cartoony vision of future updates. :)

i feal good today! im shure star guardian was posted before me but was the rest of the classes?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Since this update contained a cute little pumpkin, it's probably intended to be the Halloween update.

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
I've never played Ice Climber's game, but apparently you have to collect fruits/veggies, or something like that?

That's why their logo in SSBM is an eggplant, or whatever. I don't get it myself, but hey, that's old gaming for ya.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've never played Ice Climber's game, but apparently you have to collect fruits/veggies, or something like that?

That's why their logo in SSBM is an eggplant, or whatever. I don't get it myself, but hey, that's old gaming for ya.
The condor stole the Ice Climbers food and brought it to the top of the mountain and that's why you climb it

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Ah, so it is related to the game itself. In short, you'll be battling atop the mountain where their food was taken to. Hence why there are various fruits/vegetables sprinkled about.

It looks like a cool stage. Definately better than their previous arena . . . crappy scaling screen of doom. *shudder*

Snakz

Smash Ace
Hey guys, im here for just a bit. I wanted to put in the factions on our Wiki page if that's alright, did you guys decide on names?

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
That has to be the best Geno drawing Ive seen so far since it doesnt COMPLETELY play off the puppet aspect. In this picture its noticeable, but not the main feature. Good find. However the beam sword is confusing lol.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That has to be the best Geno drawing Ive seen so far since it doesnt COMPLETELY play off the puppet aspect. In this picture its noticeable, but not the main feature. Good find. However the beam sword is confusing lol.
I draw Geno with a "Star Sabre" in my pics of him, along with a bunch of other weapons he doesn't have in the games

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Who drew that drawing of Geno -fighting Samus and he had a missing arm and a hole in his body- any1 know?

Parasalud I think you drew it...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
For my assessment of Super Mario RPG representation in Brawl, does anyone have a good quality picture of a section of Geno's Woods, the boss fight with Bowyer, Tadpole Pond, and the Boss fight with Exor?

If you just use screen capture from an emulator or can direct me to a site with good quality pics, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
I really hope Geno gets in. I have a couple of people in my sig, but really, I don't care if they don't make it, as long as Geno does. He's such a childhood icon for me. Can anyone say, first badass in an RPG that they've ever experienced? I can. :D

Enigma14

Smash Champion
For my assessment of Super Mario RPG representation in Brawl, does anyone have a good quality picture of a section of Geno's Woods, the boss fight with Bowyer, Tadpole Pond, and the Boss fight with Exor?

If you just use screen capture from an emulator or can direct me to a site with good quality pics, I would GREATLY appreciate it.
www.spriters-resource.com

Nintendo/Mario Series/ SMRPG/ Scenes

Enigma14

Smash Champion
no the one i did definitely had 2 arms.... and he didn't have a hole in his body? :ohwell: wasn't fighting samus either.
Guess it was someone else then...Ill try to find it some other day but its in the previous pages of this thread, if anyone can find it now, I can't got hw to do, please PM me.

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Who drew that drawing of Geno -fighting Samus and he had a missing arm and a hole in his body- any1 know?

Parasalud I think you drew it...
Nope, that was me. I can't believe you can remember that. ^_^

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/dogdigger/sc000062bf.jpg <-There it is.

I was a bit disappointed with the Geno-less update today, but that was to be expected. Ten bucks on next week/week-and-a-half!

...Those Paper Mario Geno sprites were almost too good to be true. *shields eyes from greatness*

Top Bottom