• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does everyone understand that Geno isn't this 2 1/2 party thing everyone keeps talkin bout? Do you even know what 1st 2nd and 3rd party means? First of all, stop saying 2.5th party. its stupid

Geno is 3rd party. 3rd party means that the character was created by a developer than has nothing to do directly with nintendo, as with square in this instance. 2nd party is a character created by a company that is owned by nintendo, but that isnt nintendo. kirby, dedede, and meta knight for instance are 2nd party characters. they were all made by HAL labs, which is a company owned by nintendo, (but they arent nintendo).
Well he does have to do with nintendo and was developed for a nintendo game featuring Mario and was directly involved with Miyamoto

Dhaka

Smash Cadet
I edited myself on the wiki as being a long time supporter (well considering I've beaten the game over 50 times in total so far.... I'd say I'm quite the supporter... and I've read this thread since it began.. I just normally don't post much)

As far as Holloween goes, I'd love to see Geno released in a few hours... but we will see what happens (If its not Geno, it will definately be a return char like C.Falcon or Luigi....it's a holiday so it has to be a character release of some sort)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I personally prefer my own version.

</showoff>
thats not geno, its a monstrocity
lol.... kinda

it looks demented, and something is wrong with him. you tried to make to wood too real looking, instead of keeping it sort of animated. the face is completely off, and the bolts and joints? what?

its not a bad attempt, but i would cry if geno really looked like that.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Well he does have to do with nintendo and was developed for a nintendo game featuring Mario and was directly involved with Miyamoto
thats why i said in a previous post that its sort of like a 3rd party character with a slight exception. either way, i think there will be more than 3 3rd party characters. atleast 4, and maybe 5.

square solely created geno though without nintendo. sort of like rare made king k rool, not nintendo. king k rool is a real odd situation, cause he was made as a 2nd party character when nintendo owned rare, but they dont anywhere. that rare situation is always complicated.

Dhaka

Smash Cadet
last I checked double posting was bad mmkay =P

As for that Geno pic, I dont think its that bad at all.

You can call Geno whatever party you like, but it won't mean anything cause he will still end up in the game =)

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Geno's going to need the visible joints if he's going to be playable - anyone else wouldn't, but Geno's made of wood.

wildthing2022000

Smash Rookie
Along with Geno I hope there's a Mallow AT(he cries) and an Axem Rangers AT(Breaker Beam) if he's in. A Croco and Jinx trophies would be cool too. A Jinx AT would be neat to see as the tiny little guy would just go after everyone. I know it might be a bit late, but one can always hope.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Strangely enough, I did have a dream of a Mallow AT...It acted like a PC in my dream but was definetly an AT...It also insinuated Geno was a PC...

It was only part of a dream though, the rest of course was the usual horrors beyond human comprehension and all that

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
You won't believe what just happened. An earthquake just hit. It wasn't dangerous, but the ground was moving and pictures fell off the wall. It was pretty sick. Did anyone else in the SF Bay Area here feel it?

Umm.... Geno for brawl.

T-major

Smash Champion
I don't know if I posted here yet... might have a long time back in the thread... oh well.

just wanted to go on the record and say that I support Geno 100%

how could you not want something that awesome! I mean, he has GUNS, in his FINGERS! =O

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
Im dieing to know how he would REALLY look in Brawl. It bugs the crap out of me so much lmao.

Scar

#HarveyDent
whatever, i just hope genos in it lol. hes my secondary if hes in

sry for the double post lol, i didnt see that pic till after i posted

edit: whoops sry, this was chibosempai on scars laptop lol. i forgot to switch accounts

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
hay psycho, can i put my self (on the wiki) as a star-magi?
I don't know about doin all that yet, it hasn't been orginized to that point where we can divide people into those ranks

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nice, really long post, came out of nowhere though...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How exactly would one go about joining the alliance? lol.
Sure, I guess you can join...The page is about to go through drastic restructuring

42 people I guess will be the max because I want it divisible by 7

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
No I dont really care. I just want to know how to "officially" join. Or is there anything to it?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No I dont really care. I just want to know how to "officially" join. Or is there anything to it?
...ok, you want a test...

Tell me WHY we should let you join...

I was suppose to do this first actually...

Pass that and it's official

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
Well though I am new to these forums I have been fighting for Geno for a long time and disproving nay-sayers. I have played and beaten Super Mario RPG numerous times through the course of my life since it came out. If Geno is in Brawl I intend to main him. Though I am always trying to increase Geno awareness I am not some stupid preachy fanboy who simply annoys people. My reasons for Geno being in Brawl are well thought out and are proven by facts. My dedication to Geno is because he was my favorite character growing up as a child and he still is today, and to hear somebody say he is undeserving of being in Brawl when he was a major factor in my gaming life hurts so I do my best to prove Geno haters wrong while TRYING to respect their opinions (long sentence). Thank you.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well though I am new to these forums I have been fighting for Geno for a long time and disproving nay-sayers. I have played and beaten Super Mario RPG numerous times through the course of my life since it came out. If Geno is in Brawl I intend to main him. Though I am always trying to increase Geno awareness I am not some stupid preachy fanboy who simply annoys people. My reasons for Geno being in Brawl are well thought out and are proven by facts. My dedication to Geno is because he was my favorite character growing up as a child and he still is today, and to hear somebody say he is undeserving of being in Brawl when he was a major factor in my gaming life hurts so I do my best to prove Geno haters wrong while TRYING to respect their opinions (long sentence). Thank you.
Hmm...sure

Do you think you'd work better under the Knights, Guardians, or Magi?

Knights - Spread the word by seeking out other forums, threads to gather supporters

Guardian - Defend the motherland from intruders, nay sayers, etc.

Magi - Support by other means in or out of the thread such as artwork, information gathering, etc.

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
Ive been functioning as a Guardian on other forums...so I think it suits me best. I have experience there. Thanks.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I just read something interesting, may be old for some folks, but refreshing the idea and informing people who didn't know.

IGN via--Wikipedia said:
Mark Bozon (Bozon-IGN) (2006-11-08). IGN: Virtual Console Gets Updated Again. Wii Launch Guide 1. IGN.com. Retrieved on 2006-11-20. “When it comes to gathering clues for potential Virtual Console titles, Nintendo isn't always the best source to get answers from. The company has its priorities during this holiday season, and for that reason fans have been looking elsewhere for details in regard to what the Wii's unique retro catalog will offer. The ESRB (Entertainment Software Ratings Board) has already helped us confirm multiple titles expected to hit Wii early next year, and we've received an updated list just this morning... Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Super NES; rated E for Everyone)”
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars hits the Wii Virtual Console. This could mean beautiful things to come.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just read something interesting, may be old for some folks, but refreshing the idea and informing people who didn't know.

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars hits the Wii Virtual Console. This could mean beautiful things to come.
Yes, we do know that...but there still isn't a set date for it's launch that I, in the least, know of

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
Do Psycho Im set as a Guardian right? Well Ive gotta get some sleep...g'night people

D

Deleted member

Hmm, it is really tough for me to choose between Knight and Guardian...

AIM0001

Smash Lord

Hmmm maybe this will better his chances of being in Brawl espeacially if it comes out a lil before brawl's release. It could be like a hint cuz I have a feeling he may be one the last 3 characters to be announced if he makes it in brawl.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
no offence but the picture on the top-right makes him look too life like, the one at the top left makes him look like he grew (dolls dont grow), and the one at the bottom right is kinda scetchy. I just felt like speaking my mind. its all fan art though so I guess it doesnt realy matter.

genosall

Smash Journeyman
in your computer waiting for when you get closer t
do you peapole nomaly stay up this late? or is it a halloween-update thing? also i made a new sig. (thats like 3 in a row or sumin....) and you see geno could use his rocket punch and... wait where did that sentence come in? im losing toch with reality... (im not back-spaceing that cuz idk where it came frome, seriosly) well this is a true goodnight all... goodnight all!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
C'mon...Geno for Brawl! Sakurai, give us the best Halloween present ever!!! (30 mins)

Top Bottom