• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
If this has been asked I apologize, but I can't look through 339 pages.

Anyway, would you want voice acting for Geno? I personally would find it pretty BAMF for them to get a good voice actor with his catchphrase "I serve...a higher authority."
I'm sorry. What's BAMF? I don't keep up with the acronyms.

Grim Geno

Smash Cadet
Alabama, aka Smash Bros. Tournament Kryptonite
Geno would be the perfect Halloween present. And tonight would be the perfect night to announce it.

So what is everyone going to do when THE ANNOUNCEMENT is made, whether it be tonight or in the near future?
I would honestly be in disbelief for a bit, just because I've only recently discovered this massive following of his and, as a result, seen has a chance at all. And then I'd go ape**** until Feb. 10.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
If this has been asked I apologize, but I can't look through 339 pages.

Anyway, would you want voice acting for Geno? I personally would find it pretty BAMF for them to get a good voice actor with his catchphrase "I serve...a higher authority."

Heh, I agree that would be cool. It would all depend on his voice actor though and how they decide his voice should sound.

........For some reason I keep imagining him having Ussop's voice from dub-piece. *shudders*

Snakz

Smash Ace
Just wana say two things

I like the names for the orders, keep up the good work

and i think the first thing we should do as a Geno community, when we are done dancing of course, we all organize a fame assault on the haters who doubted us

EDIT: I didn't like the idea of a voice actor at first, but then i realized the character have spoken before in Melee, and Meta Knight does in Brawl (watch the victory screens when MK wins), so that'd be cool for his victory slogan

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Heh, I agree that would be cool. It would all depend on his voice actor though and how they decide his voice should sound.

........For some reason I keep imagining him having Ussop's voice from dub-piece. *shudders*
Ussop...oh hell no

Samuel L. Jackson to voice Geno!

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
for some of you guys hoping for a newcomer update this week; it just isn't happening. try next week. it's been a big pattern for Sakurai to put a newcomer on every 2 weeks. I also worry about Krystal and Takamaru..

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
for some of you guys hoping for a newcomer update this week; it just isn't happening. try next week. it's been a big pattern for Sakurai to put a newcomer on every 2 weeks. I also worry about Krystal and Takamaru..
It's nice to dream though . . . If Geno's not announced tonight, then I'll predict late next week for a newcomer update.

I just want the madness to end . . . @___@

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There really is no pattern to his updates

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
ever since Ike, there's been a two week gap. I think it's fair to assume that he'll give a newcomer every 2 weeks from now on.

EDIT: Zero Suit Samus, actually.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Anyone try to get ahold of Snake's voice actor yet? I sent an e-mail, but I don't even know if the address is authentic.

Dude, if Geno were revealed before release, I would go ballistic on all of the *******s who harassed me for so long on this matter. I will verbally nuke GameFAQs - and on that day, my friends, I invite you to join me.

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
Anyone try to get ahold of Snake's voice actor yet? I sent an e-mail, but I don't even know if the address is authentic.

Dude, if Geno were revealed before release, I would go ballistic on all of the *******s who harassed me for so long on this matter. I will verbally nuke GameFAQs - and on that day, my friends, I invite you to join me.
I'm with you till the end, my friend.

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
Gamefaqs would explode if Geno gets announced. My alias on there is Lanstar by the way. Maybe you have seen me posting ;D.

Sonic wasn't too bad since he has been in a lot of new hip games and people could accept him.

Geno would be a radical change that would alter what we think about 3rd party and retro characters.

Correction. It wouldn't explode. It would implode from the sheer awesomeness and anger.

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
Gamefaqs would explode if Geno gets announced. My alias on there is Lanstar by the way. Maybe you have seen me posting ;D.

Sonic wasn't too bad since he has been in a lot of new hip games and people could accept him.

Geno would be a radical change that would alter what we think about 3rd party and retro characters.

Correction. It wouldn't explode. It would implode from the sheer awesomeness and anger.
hey!! I know you!! :p

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman

Count me in! >:3 I'm sick of all the haters and their lame, repetitive "excuses" as to why Geno won't make it. I even got bashed at lunch the other day because someone asked who I thought would make it in and I said Geno. Their reasons were either, "I don't know why; I just know he won't make it" or one of the usual excuses used by the haters over here. u_u;

It would feel so good to rub it in their faces once Geno makes it in . . .

D

Deleted member

On the voice actor topic, I have always imagined Geno kinda sounding like Marth but with a little more of a high pitched tone. Meta Knight has a bad *** voice, I think Geno will too.

BTW, do each character get their own victory song? Or do you think Kirby will have the same version as Meta Knight?

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
My friend said Geno wouldn't make it because he's a dumb looking and overall stupid character. I can't wait to see that same person main Geno.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
On the voice actor topic, I have always imagined Geno kinda sounding like Marth but with a little more of a high pitched tone. Meta Knight has a bad *** voice, I think Geno will too.

BTW, do each character get their own victory song? Or do you think Kirby will have the same version as Meta Knight?
I have a feeling Geno would get the Mario RPG Victory song when he wins, seperating him with that from the other Mushroom kingdomers...

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
My friend said Geno wouldn't make it because he's a dumb looking and overall stupid character. I can't wait to see that same person main Geno.
*snort*

People are stupid . . . I had someone once tell me that Geno won't make it in because I'm female and don't know anything about video games. u_u;

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
*snort*

People are stupid . . . I had someone once tell me that Geno won't make it in because I'm female and don't know anything about video games. u_u;
Now that's just sexist....

and the only person to ever beat me at any game is female...

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
Someone once told me that Geno wouldn't make a good character because any fire based attacks would burn his wooden body to ashes >_>

Serious.

Grim Geno

Smash Cadet
Alabama, aka Smash Bros. Tournament Kryptonite
I have a feeling Geno would get the Mario RPG Victory song when he wins, seperating him with that from the other Mushroom kingdomers...
But, and I could be remembering this incorrectly, isn't that fanfare only like one second long? Anyway, I think I'd prefer some kind of modified version of his Star Theme (not the Forest Maze song, but his other song).

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
That's why I stopped posting there all together.

It's filled with little kids that will pick up the controller and begin to play having fun. They will then throw their controller down in disgrace realizing that their prepubescent fingers do not move fast enough to control the movements of Sonic since he is obviously going to be the best character in the game.

In the end they will pick up smoking and a heavy drinking problem. Their excuse would be that they saw Little Timmy across the street playing brawl and they didn't want to conform.

Am I stereotyping the idiots of GameFAQS? Yes. Do I care? No.

Geno for Brawl.

P.S. Where do you guys get those fancy Alliance banners and who do I have to play Blanket Tag with to get one? :D

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
But, and I could be remembering this incorrectly, isn't that fanfare only like one second long? Anyway, I think I'd prefer some kind of modified version of his Star Theme (not the Forest Maze song, but his other song).
No, the song lasts the whole time you are leveling up, so I imagine that it could be stretched into the victory song. Good choice. His stage should have the RPg Battle Music as the music. Catchiest song in history.

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
That's why I stopped posting there all together.

It's filled with little kids that will pick up the controller and begin to play having fun. They will then throw their controller down in disgrace realizing that their prepubescent fingers do not move fast enough to control the movements of Sonic since he is obviously going to be the best character in the game.

In the end they will pick up smoking and a heavy drinking problem. Their excuse would be that they saw Little Timmy across the street playing brawl and they didn't want to conform.

Am I stereotyping the idiots of GameFAQS? Yes. Do I care? No.

Geno for Brawl.

P.S. Where do you guys get those fancy Alliance banners and who do I have to play Blanket Tag with to get one? :D
Lmao. You're pretty funny. As for the Alliance banners you can ask someone here (not me, I lost the photobucket link :D)

(no blanket tag required)

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
No, the song lasts the whole time you are leveling up, so I imagine that it could be stretched into the victory song. Good choice. His stage should have the RPg Battle Music as the music. Catchiest song in history.
Which battle song? The one that plays when you're fighting a boss?

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
The Boss Battle music (Smithy's Gang ) should be the music that plays during Geno's fight with Smithy (or whoever his SE boss will be.)

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
Good. I glanced back at his BS and just reading it gave me a headache. >_<

*pokes all the pretty banners* I don't think I've ever seen the second one before . . . I love them all. ^^
Oshiro.. your Geno Alliance banner looks like he's giving all the haters the finger. I applaude you.

Top Bottom