• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Hmm - Now that I think about it, Geno Blast MIGHT work, if pulled off right. It could work like a charged thunder move - the longer you charge, the longer beams spiral around you. It'd work better, the closer the beams are to you, and the faster they come down.

However, Geno Beam is still out of the question.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still like B - Geno Beam....especially how I made it

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Hmm - Now that I think about it, Geno Blast MIGHT work, if pulled off right. It could work like a charged thunder move - the longer you charge, the longer beams spiral around you. It'd work better, the closer the beams are to you, and the faster they come down.

However, Geno Beam is still out of the question.
Sounds like my idea for the Geno Blast on the last post. I never though of charging, which could work. That would be interesting.

I still like B - Geno Beam....especially how I made it
Geno Beam for B COULD work, but I think it works better as a final smash. But the Geno Flash works better as a final smash lol. I still like my star gun idea for B.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It doesn't have to be exactly like the one in the game. It could still be a beam, but last very short, and not be as big.

Stsr gun for B is better lol

Snakz

Smash Ace
David Hayter is 99.99% likely to be sworn to secrecy about the smash roster, believe me, i think Sakurai has that covered

Dhaka

Smash Cadet
*GASP*

I don't know why I didn't think of this before!

SPART-er-GENO SUPPORTERS! I may have found out a way to know whether or not our boy is playable! Ask David Hayter!

Who is David Hayter, you ask? None other that Solid Snake's voice actor in Brawl. See where I'm going with this?

... You aren't? Really?

Snake has a conversation with his team about EVERY playable character. If anyone would know who's playable, it'd be him!

So... yeah! Let's do that! Let's go ask David Hayter!
I've seen Dave come by my Gamestop once (he lives near the Gamestop I work at). I could probably ask him about it if I ever see him come by the store again (he did the voice for us and everything...it was amazing...)

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I've seen Dave come by my Gamestop once (he lives near the Gamestop I work at). I could probably ask him about it if I ever see him come by the store again (he did the voice for us and everything...it was amazing...)
Seriously ? I'd be so happy to find out ... (Can you ask him if mother 3 will get another rep also ? I really want claus :laugh:.)
Anyhow thats amazing to have dave go to your gamestop , Interesting.

Dhaka

Smash Cadet
Yea it was really cool meeting a video game celeb, hopefully I do see him again so I can ask him some questions about Brawl. Whether or not he will be able to answer them is an entierly different question though.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
David Hayter is 99.99% likely to be sworn to secrecy about the smash roster, believe me, i think Sakurai has that covered
Still - worth a shot. If we key him in on how much crap we Geno supporters have to put up with, he may sympathize.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
@dhaka i hope he answers yes to geno and claus ^_^ If he does you have no clue how much i will be happy ;D..It must be cool to meet a video game celeb :p , I wonder if he can At least tell us some interesting things , Well good luck and i hope you see him again ^_^.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Wasn't Geno second on Sakurai's poll?

Well, I don't see why not. I don't directly support Geno for Brawl, but that's only because I hardly know anything about him, except he's a sinister wooden puppet boy.

But I won't mind in the slightest if he gets into Brawl. :) I shall come back and find out more about him later.

Gordie123

Smash Cadet
Pyshco, I was not talking about you I was referring to that Mastermind guy...he is crazy

You are fine, ha

Dhaka

Smash Cadet
Wasn't Geno second on Sakurai's poll?

Well, I don't see why not. I don't directly support Geno for Brawl, but that's only because I hardly know anything about him, except he's a sinister wooden puppet boy.

But I won't mind in the slightest if he gets into Brawl. :) I shall come back and find out more about him later.
From Wikipedia:

"An otherworldly traveler sent by a higher authority, whose real name is ♥♪!?, comes to Mario's world from Star Road to find the seven Star Pieces. Borrowing the form of Gaz's doll, Geno, a beam of light radiates from it bringing it to life, and he sets off searching for the Star Pieces. Since his name is hard to pronounce, he asks Mario and Mallow to call him "Geno", after the doll.

Encountering Mario and Mallow during his battle with Bowyer, Geno gladly accepts their help in battle. Defeating Bowyer, Geno explains to Mario and Mallow about his mission to find the Star Pieces and repair Star Road. Geno decides to travel with them to find the Star Pieces. Throughout the game, Geno offers advice to the party as a mystical sage-type figure. After destroying Smithy and reclaiming all seven Star Pieces, again a beam of light radiates from Geno, rendering the doll lifeless, and the otherworldly traveler bids farewell to his allies in order to repair Star Road."

So yea, theres nothing sinister about Geno =P

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I have a hard time doubting Geno's appearance in Brawl anyways. xP I think any character with more than three responses is going to be in 100%. I also know for a fact Masahiro Sakurai isn't stupid. If he wants to include MegaMan and Geno, he will include MegaMan and Geno. People like to compare them for some reason.
Because Sakurai earlier stated that there would be a maximum of two additional third party characters, and some people see Megaman being a real third party character, since Geno is so Nintendo-esque. So the prefered character leans in Megaman's favor in most people's opinion.

I kind of have to agree with them on third-party representation though. Megaman screams Capcom, Geno says "Nintendo" instead of Square-Enix.

I'm still hoping that Geno makes the cut and isn't counted as a third-party character.

Sakurai claimed that statement about one to two additional third party characters aside from Snake, but that was before he had people vote for their characters in the Japanese polls, so as a crowd pleaser, he probably changed his mind since then.

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai said that Snake would be one 3rd party character and then maybe one or two other ones. He didn't put a limit on the amount allowed at all.

I also trust that 2 1/2 Party rumor. It seems they did that exact same thing when he made his cameo. Why would they pay square to put Geno in the game as a small cameo/minigame director?

genosall

Smash Journeyman
in your computer waiting for when you get closer t
Yea, i like that idea, but all star named factions kinda bothers me, maybe we can substitute 2 of them for the angel hierarchy names that Psycho mentioned. We can keep star-guardian and star-citizen, but im not feeling the star-sage and star-knight.
haven't we been throgh this? no one is sure of who owns geno (hence the 'lols' at "square-limbo") and about what Snakz said i thoght star-sage was ok but i think that star-knight was to wired... so now im thinkin star-sprinter, so that would mean....

Star-Guardian: Defenders of Geno (a.k.a. debators)

Star-Sage: Art and fan fic. (ex.) makers.

Star-Sprinter: Gets more peapole to come to this thred, (yay! Geno love!)

Star-Citizen: A person who loves geno in general.

if you can't STAND the "star-" things then give me a list or something of your choice names.

and im a little shocked that Shadowbolt and Foz aren't "Notable Crew Members" thay deserve that... but this is just an opinion.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
haven't we been throgh this? no one is sure of who owns geno (hence the 'lols' at "square-limbo") and about what Snakz said i thoght star-sage was ok but i think that star-knight was to wired... so now im thinkin star-sprinter, so that would mean....

if you can't STAND the "star-" things then give me a list or something of your choice names.

and im a little shocked that Shadowbolt and Foz aren't "Notable Crew Members" thay deserve that... but this is just an opinion.
Chyea, I call Star-Guardian. That's all I ever do in the other threads.

D

Deleted member

Here on this field of battle, I pledge my allegiance to the higher authority.

GENO FOR BRAWL!

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
*post*

sorry guys, I've been extremely busy lately, so i can't post often. Did i miss much?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I think it should be Star-Knights/ Crusaders instead of Sprinters

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Star-Guardian
Elite Guard
Sentinel

Star-Knight

Crusader
Warrior

Star-Mage

Sage
Mystic

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
Everyday I hope that Geno is going to be announced. I can't wait until he gets into the game. SMRPG was a big part of gaming when I first started playing video games.

If he gets into Brawl and Sakurai considers him 1st party then there is a good chance that he will start getting into more mario based games. The thing I am most excited about though is seeing what his redesign looks like if he is in. I'm guessing he is going to be about as tall as Mario with the same build.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Everyday I hope that Geno is going to be announced. I can't wait until he gets into the game. SMRPG was a big part of gaming when I first started playing video games.

If he gets into Brawl and Sakurai considers him 1st party then there is a good chance that he will start getting into more mario based games. The thing I am most excited about though is seeing what his redesign looks like if he is in. I'm guessing he is going to be about as tall as Mario with the same build.
I feel the same way; every day (or every night at 3am if I manage to stay up that late) I check the updates to see if he's been confirmed. But I have faith that the day will be coming soon . . .

I'm so curious as to what his redesign and alternate outfits are going to look like. That and what his voice is going to sound like . . .

Wouldn't it be cool if his confirmation came with a cutscene/intro movie as well? I would die of happiness. <3

I so need to get off my lazy butt and finish that fic I'm writing of what I think Geno's intro is going to be like. xD

Geno for Brawl! <3 Hopefully it'll be tonight! Wouldn't it be awesome if he got announced the night of Halloween?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yes! Geno for Halloween! It would be like an early Halloween present from Sakurai!!! <3~

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Why would it be early? Tomorrow's Halloween. >.>

But yeah, Geno DOES seem sort of Halloween-ish, doesn't he? A shame my negativity isn't expecting it to happen.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why would it be early? Tomorrow's Halloween. >.>

But yeah, Geno DOES seem sort of Halloween-ish, doesn't he? A shame my negativity isn't expecting it to happen.
Because you don't give Halloween presents in the morning...that doesn't make sens:confused:

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
I care if we have to wait until the game actually comes out to find out about Geno. As long as he is in the game I will be happy.

G3n0 4 b@w7!

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
Yeah but when it comes to Geno the sooner the better. Id really like to shut up a bunch of Nay-sayers lol. Even though they will probably complain even more.....man theres no exit lol.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah but when it comes to Geno the sooner the better. Id really like to shut up a bunch of Nay-sayers lol. Even though they will probably complain even more.....man theres no exit lol.
If they complain after he is confirmed it will be even more meaningless dribble from their part...

Of course it will finally be considered meaningless dribble by a vast majority

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Geno would be the perfect Halloween present. And tonight would be the perfect night to announce it.

So what is everyone going to do when THE ANNOUNCEMENT is made, whether it be tonight or in the near future?

D

Deleted member

Geno would be the perfect Halloween present. And tonight would be the perfect night to announce it.

So what is everyone going to do when THE ANNOUNCEMENT is made, whether it be tonight or in the near future?
I'll gasp and faint and cry when I wake up. I have it all planned out.

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
Id say the first thing Im going to do when Geno is announced is faint.....then several hours later I will proceed to call every person I know or have ever spoken to and tell them.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord

If he's a playable character I'll probably pump my fists, call up my Geno fan twin brother, ....and spam the crap out of message boards >_>

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When he is confirmed send his picture in a PM to the Haters

Top Bottom