• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Snakz

Smash Ace
^Not really, just some more love for Geno and a minor argument from Hydde

but im just thinkin about orders, like the names and how we will go about choosing who should be in what order

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
ahhh I must say Psycho, I'm very impressed with you long debate a few pages back, I found it very well done, as well as everyone elses debates. I hope Geno makes the cut. I truly think he deserves it. Geno FTW
Bleh...Doesn't really help when the people you are arguing the points on it though:lick:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I am making a multi-paragraph assessment of the Super Mario RPG spin-off game for what can fit in Brawl, including characters, items, music, stages, items, etc., but something just hit me, Altough I mention Geno as a character, it is not entirely about Geno. Would it be off topic if I posted it in this thread?

It's a pretty big post, so I just wanna make sure I'm not wasting time.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am making a multi-paragraph assessment of the Super Mario RPG spin-off game for what can fit in Brawl, including characters, items, music, stages, items, etc., but something just hit me, Altough I mention Geno as a character, it is not entirely about Geno. Would it be off topic if I posted it in this thread?

Sure, this is basically the only Mario RPG related and such thread

paralasalud

Smash Ace

i think anything smrpg goes here :)

Snakz

Smash Ace
Exactly a hierarchy, we should call it that...keep forgetting the words though

The names should have a theme

this is just a suggestion...but what about based upon the hierarchy of angels?
Ehh, not really, i think it should stay true to the Mario universe at least, if not specifically SMRPG. Wait...do you mean in how we determine people in which ranks, or the names of them?

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Exactly a hierarchy, we should call it that...keep forgetting the words though

The names should have a theme

this is just a suggestion...but what about based upon the hierarchy of angels?
Heh, this brings me back to my days of guilds at Neopets. :laugh:

Like Snakz said, we should probably base in on stars or such... Star Spirits, Star Agents, Star Children... summat like that.

Do it. Do it now.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
o Seraphim
o Cherubim
o Ophanim
o Thronos
o Kuriotes
o Arche
o Exousia
o Archangels
o Angels

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
Post it now. BTW I'm glad somebody brought up the post of Sakurai announcing all the characters. Thanks. I figured he would announce starter characters first. Then wait until it was released in Japan then start announcing secrets. However, what you brought up about Sakurai wanting to have the honor of releasing characters rather than have them spoiled kinda spoke to me. Because I was going to section myself off from the world just so they wouldnt be spoiled by children online or at school lol.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Ok, Im back. I really hope everyone read the debate. I surely won.
And honestly everyone had completely stupid comments except for PsycoIncarnate's

There are actually a number of facts that go against Geno Makeing it into the game.

There were supposed to be only 2 or 3 3rd party slots. Geno IS NOT owned by nintendo in any way.
They have the rights to nothing except the game in which Geno appeared in.
Snake, Megaman, Sonic are the 3 3rd partys that will most likely be there.

But some hold out hope that Geno can be considered a 2nd and a half party character.
Which is fine actually. BUT There are a number of characters that are more deserveing to be in the game.
By More deserveing I mean the characters have been in more popular better selling games than Geno.
i have already listed over 40 characters that would be put into the game over Geno for this exact reason.
I'll list the characters again if you would like.

PsycoIncarnate himself said there would be 34-40 characters. Being really optimistic if there were 40 characters, that would mean he should be really optimistic for Geno to make it over a "More deserveing character"

Even small characters like Birdo and Bowser Jr. are far more deserveing than geno.
They have both been in More popular better selling games. And they have been in alot more than 2 games. Every single character that is more popular than Birdo and Bowser Jr has alot more of a chance
than Geno. Thats close to 50+

Then if you want to ignore those facts and just keep bringing up the poll over and over.
The poll was done not only to find playable characters but it was also done to find assist trophys
and Pokeballs and other information. Nintendo was going to make characters like
Link's Uncle (A Link to the Past) Dr. Wright (Sim City)
Blue Virus (Dr. Mario) Muddy (Mole Mania)
Poo (Earthbound) Paula (Earthbound)
Cheer Squad (Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!)

Playable characters, Nintendo knew that Geno wasnt as popular as 50 other characters they should put in.
So they put Geno in to see if he should be an assist trophy or to even see if anyone even liked him.
Many other characters were given the same fate
Jill (Drill Dozer) - AT!
Gardevoir (Pokemon) - POKEBALL!
Koopa Troopa (Mario) - ENEMY!
Petey Piranha (Mario Sunshine) - BOSS!
Little Mac (Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!!) - AT!
Hammer Bros. (Super Mario Bros.) - AT!

they had no intention of makeing any of those playable characters, they just wanted to see
which characters deserved the spot as an assist trophy. I personaly would really liked to have seen hamer bros as playable, but they already have to many Mario reps. They should give the spot to more deserveing characters. Nintendo Will make Geno an assist Trophy ONLY because he did well on the poll.

Thats why the only evidenceyou have is the poll when its not evidence at all.
Evidence is based on which characters are more deserveing to make it into the game.

Here is a list of characters that That are in more popular better selling games than Geno
And all of them are more deserveing to be in the gmae because of this.
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Meta Knight
Pit
Samus/Zamus
Wario
Fox
Snake 10
Zelda/Shiek
Bowser
Donkeykong
Yoshi
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Peach
Diddy kong
Ice climbers
Lucas 20
Sonic
King Dedede
Micaiah
Capt. Falcon
Luigi
Gannondorf
Midna
King K rule
Lucario
Mega Man 30
Claus
Krystal
Jigglypuff
Ridley
Marth
Mewtwo
Falco
Captain Olimar
Mr. Game and watch
Isaac 40
WW Link
Wolf
Black Knight
Birdo
Bowser Jr.
Ness 46
I actually have alot more that fit into the better than geno catigory

Snakz

Smash Ace
o Seraphim
o Cherubim
o Ophanim
o Thronos
o Kuriotes
o Arche
o Exousia
o Archangels
o Angels
Hmm, maybe we can steal some of the names, like seraphim and other high classes, but no angel ones, turn them into something more Mario based

And i dont really want it to turn the other names into names like Star child and Star Master or things like that like what Super Mario Whirled said, at least IMO, it sounds too much like SWF post ranks. Although i agree we should use maybe one or tow, but not too many

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
Mastermind, why are you arguing the same tired point?

when you argue "more deserving", if the characters involved doesn't involve an icon, you have nothing but a mere opinion.

even then, Sakurai stated he preferred obscure characters.

so no matter which side you put Geno on in the competition, he has a decent chance. just give up. everything you've stated has pretty much been an opinion or a course of thinking you want to go by, but the fact is, there's no guarantee Sakurai thinks like you.

Snakz

Smash Ace
And honestly everyone had completely stupid comments except for PsycoIncarnate's

There are actually a number of facts that go against Geno Makeing it into the game.

There were supposed to be only 2 or 3 3rd party slots. Geno IS NOT owned by nintendo in any way.

But some hold out hope that Geno can be considered a 2nd and a half party character.
Which is fine actually. BUT There are a number of characters that are more deserveing to be in the game.
By More deserveing I mean the characters have been in more popular better selling games than Geno.
i have already listed over 40 characters that would be put into the game over Geno for this exact reason.

PsycoIncarnate himself said there would be 34-40 characters. Being really optimistic if there were 40 characters, that would mean he should be really optimistic for Geno to make it over a "More deserveing character"

Even small characters like Birdo and Bowser Jr. are far more deserveing than geno.
They have both been in More popular better selling games. And they have been in alot more than 2 games. Every single character that is more popular than Birdo and Bowser Jr has alot more of a chance

Then if you want to ignore those facts and just keep bringing up the poll over and over.
The poll was done not only to find playable characters but it was also done to find assist trophys

Playable characters, Nintendo knew that Geno wasnt as popular as 50 other characters they should put in.
So they put Geno in to see if he should be an assist trophy or to even see if anyone even liked him.
Jill (Drill Dozer) - AT!

they had no intention of makeing any of those playable characters, they just wanted to see
which characters deserved the spot as an assist trophy. I personaly would really liked to have seen hamer bros as playable, but they already have to many Mario reps. They should give the spot to more deserveing characters. Nintendo Will make Geno an assist Trophy ONLY because he did well on the poll.

Evidence is based on which characters are more deserveing to make it into the game.

Here is a list of characters that That are in more popular better selling games than Geno
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Meta Knight
Pit
Samus/Zamus
Wario
Fox
Snake 10
Zelda/Shiek
Bowser
Donkeykong
Yoshi
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Peach
Diddy kong
Ice climbers
Lucas 20
Sonic
King Dedede
Micaiah
Capt. Falcon
Luigi
Gannondorf
Midna
King K rule
Lucario
Mega Man 30
Claus
Krystal
Jigglypuff
Ridley
Marth
Mewtwo
Falco
Captain Olimar
Mr. Game and watch
Isaac 40
WW Link
Wolf
Black Knight
Birdo
Bowser Jr.
Ness 46
First off, you dont know for sure if Geno is a pure 3rd party addition, no one does. Yes Square does own at least PART of Geno, if not the whole character, but it's very possible that Geno is co-owned with Nintendo in which Nintedo only has to refer to Square in the credits like Nintendo did with M&L:SSS. Of course, no one knows for sure if Nintendo actually paid to have Geno make a cameo appearance in that game, but come on. Does anyone really think Nintendo would pay for a 3rd party character, just to give him a cameo, i think not.

As for the poll, it is our strongest evidence, do not undermine it. It was NOT made for characters becoming Assist Trophies, that is not the reason Sakurai conducted the poll at all. We had no idea AT's would be in Brawl, so why would Sakurai conduct the poll just to show us that the highest voted characters would just be little helpers in battle? I think that argument is flawed. Not to mention that none of the characters you mention who got AT'd got more than 1 vote, Geno got 4, thats more worthy than being AT'd, at least IMO.

Yes, i think most of us can agree that the reasonable limit to the roster is 40. But Bowser Jr. is not very unique. I said this before, sure he could have a unique moveset from Bowser given his appearance in Sunshine, but other than that, he's just another version of Bowser. As for Birdo, Birdo wasn't even on the poll, i doubt Sakurai even considered Birdo as a PC. Not to mention she's been mostly in spin-off games lately, so about the same status as Waluigi, so i personally, hardly consider that worthy.

Sakurai has said before that he doesn't prefer popular characters over obscure characters at all, and this has been put into pratice with Melee with Game & Watch. Yea, IC's and G&W had they're own games, but that didn't make them less well-known.

And im not sure why you insist on the poll not being evidence for a character's chances, no offense, but that just seems ignorant. No character with 3 votes or more has been deconfirmed in anyway, shape or form. Those characters have only had supporting evidence or have been confirmed.

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
Awesome

Wow this Geno thread looks pretty active, I didn't realize his fanbase was this strong. SMRPG is one of my all-time favorite games (though playing it again recently made me realize how much I sucked at it:laugh:). Geno was by far my favorite character in the game, I thought he looked cool, had good techniques he was amazing.

Geno has my full support.

D

Deleted member

Jill (Drill Dozer) - AT!

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Meta Knight
Pit
Samus/Zamus
Wario
Fox
Snake 10
Zelda/Shiek
Bowser
Donkeykong
Yoshi
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Peach
Diddy kong
Ice climbers
Lucas 20
Sonic
King Dedede
Micaiah
Capt. Falcon
Luigi
Gannondorf
Midna
King K rule
Lucario
Mega Man 30
Claus
Krystal
Jigglypuff
Ridley
Marth
Mewtwo
Falco
Captain Olimar
Mr. Game and watch
Isaac 40
WW Link
Wolf
Black Knight
Birdo
Bowser Jr.
Ness 46
*yawn* I grow bored of your stupidity. GTFO! Geno is deserving!

@Snakz:
Here is the song His World by Zebrahead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6ad7Di7Ze0
It was originally for Sonic but as I said I'mma gonna rewrite it dedicated to Geno. ><

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Wow this Geno thread looks pretty active, I didn't realize his fanbase was this strong. SMRPG is one of my all-time favorite games (though playing it again recently made me realize how much I sucked at it:laugh:). Geno was by far my favorite character in the game, I thought he looked cool, had good techniques he was amazing.

Geno has my full support.
Welcome to the thread! *shakes hand*

Sorry guys, I need to get off my computer in like, ten mintues (curse being 17 :mad:), but I just finished section 2, the three characters' move sets. Just a few more sections and editing to go, and believe me, I think you guys will like some of the ideas.
*salutes* All in a day's work, my friend. Anything SMRPG based (and coming from you, no less) should be badass.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
Sorry guys, I need to get off my computer in like, ten mintues (curse being 17 :mad:), but I just finished section 2, the three characters' move sets. Just a few more sections and editing to go, and believe me, I think you guys will like some of the ideas.
lol I'm 17 and I stay up as long as I need to.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Getting rid of the obvious ones

Shiek
Micaiah
Capt. Falcon
Luigi
Gannondorf
Midna
King K rule
Lucario
Mega Man 30
Claus
Krystal
Jigglypuff
Ridley
Marth
Mewtwo
Falco
Captain Olimar
Mr. Game and watch
Isaac 40
WW Link
Wolf
Black Knight
Birdo
Bowser Jr.
Ness 46

Ike is slow already so BK is gone.

Birdo is gone cause she will probably serve as a mini-boss or yoshi or she has the same function as in Melee.

Bowser Jr. Only unique thing about him is that he uses a paint brush other then that he's like a mario clone only a shadow or a Bowser clone only tiny.

WW Link, ohhh look out everyone another link! Sakurai said he wanted unique not the same characters so yeah those guys are gone.

Wolf if he isn't a clone, how does he fight? Make a moveset without using his fists or feet.

Issac, another sword user? Please, unless hes can use magic and swords like Llyod from ToS does then no thank you.

Captain Olimar? AT at best. Throws Pikmin at people, otherwise a tiny fighter is cheap.

Falco same with Wolf, oh wait they both need fists and kicks, gone please.

Marth? Another blue haired swordsmen who is only fast? Give me Lyn instead or Hector.

King K. Rule is generic, and not as interesting as Bowser or Dedede or MK, mini-boss at best.

Everyone else is good and add Geno and thats at least an ok list. CAUSE IF WE WANTED EVERYONES HOPEFULES IN BRAWL THEN WE WOuLD NEED LIKE 100 CHARACTER SLOTS.

D

Deleted member

Well good luck with that and take your time!

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
When will you Geno fan boys get the point? Yes the poll was also for determineing assist trophys.
But they wernt going to anounce assist trophys then. Geno was one of those unpopular characters that
fits into the same catigory as any other unpopular character that nintendo might make into an assist trophy.

The evidence is all there

Enigma14

Smash Champion
When will you Geno fan boys get the point? Yes the poll was also for determineing assist trophys.
But they wernt going to anounce assist trophys then. Geno was one of those unpopular characters that
fits into the same catigory as any other unpopular character that nintendo might make into an assist trophy.

Nice of you to acknowledge the poll.

Also...

When will you get the point that us Geno fans will not give up to see our main man in Brawl?

GhostAnime

Smash Ace

why do you keep saying Nintendo? say Sakurai, you know, the guy who WANTS obscure characters.

and what 'evidence' are you talking about?! don't just spout the word evidence and say there is evidence. GO**** SHOW IT.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

There is evidence for and against, just like ever character...This is not the place to put your various Dream Rosters though, so that argument is going nowhere...

When will you get the point that people will support a character even if that character has Zero a chance (Which Geno actually has a great chance)...No one cares if you keep posting the same evidence that people argue against while you ignore the evidence for him. Nintendo is not making the game BTW, Sakurai is...they paid him a hell of a lot of money after he quit nintendo to make the game himself and he's going to do whatever the hell he wants...whether that is good or bad for Geno

paralasalud

Smash Ace

wrong, wrong, and wrong.
snakz already pointed this out, if you even bothered to read his retort. but the ATs you pointed out became ATs because they weren't very high on the poll. geno WAS high on the poll and THUS he IS popular!

better rethink the "evidence".
also, i never bash people for their grammar... but since your name is "themastermind" i suggest you improve your spelling.

D

Deleted member

Do you know how much interest Sakurai has in Geno?

Well?
Tell me!

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman

Yeah, tying for second on the poll definitely makes Geno unpopular.

*TROLL HAS PHAILED AGAIN*

Glinth

Smash Journeyman

1. How do you know this?
2. Geno got just as many votes on the poll as Ridley, Ike, Diddy and several
others, and more votes then lucas, megaman, etc.
3. Why the hell would nintendo pay to use Geno as an AT?
4. Your logic fails
5. Your logic fails
6. Characters aren't made into AT's because they're unpopular, they're made into AT's because sakurai couldn't make them work as characters.
7. Your logic still fails...

Snakz

Smash Ace

Im going to be a civil and polite about this as possible, cause flaming each other gets us no where

Of course Sakurai had an idea for AT's when he compiled the list, but that's not the reason he made it in the first place. And yes it is obvious that he decided to use some of the suggestions from the poll forAT's, but those are only characters that had a mere mention on the polls. Like i said, not one AT has been revealed so far that has had more than 1 vote. You'll have to eventually realize the significance of the poll.

About deserving characters, there's nothing factual about a character deserving to be in Brawl, Sakurai has made that clear, it's not a popularity contest. Saying a character deserves to be in Brawl is a personal construct, which is why i never, ever talk about why a character deserves to be in Brawl, only facts that support his appearance.

Glinth

Smash Journeyman
Im going to be a civil and polite about this as possible, cause flaming each other gets us no where

Of course Sakurai had an idea for AT's when he compiled the list, but that's not the reason he made it in the first place. And yes it is obvious that he decided to use some of the suggestions from the poll forAT's, but those are only characters that had a mere mention on the polls. Like i said, not one AT has been revealed so far that has had more than 1 vote. You'll have to eventually realize the significance of the poll.

About deserving characters, there's nothing factual about a character deserving to be in Brawl, Sakurai has made that clear, it's not a popularity contest. Saying a character deserves to be in Brawl is a personal construct, which is why i never, ever talk about why a character deserves to be in Brawl, only facts that support his appearance.

Case and point, Ice climbers and Mr. Game and Watch =P

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Earlier Mastermind you said that only Psycho was the only one worth debating too and you said that you're trying to determine the good comments from the bad from a ratio of 10:1, so this one is for you:

You come into a thread full of fans of a character and as a flamer you talk crap about that character and you except to change our minds. I love how this is turning out for you.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
BTW Snakz, maybe we should divide the group into separate categories but instead of ranks. more like different government factions...

Such as Wisdom/ Power/ Stealth (Example)

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
So according to you there are 36 better character choices than Geno.
Asuming Nintendo doesnt put in 10 extreamly popular characters that are in more popular better selling games than Geno.

Isaac
has his own game where hes the main character.
Its a number 1 seller in europe and very popular in America and Japan.
WAAAAAAAAY more fans there than Geno.

WW link
was also very high on the poll, and hes not THE link hes a completely different character
with everything completely different from the actual character link. The only simular thing is the
what he wears.

Captain Olmar
Really Im not sure about his fighting potential, but hes got alot bigger of a fan base than Geno.
AND he has his own set of games!

Falco
Marth
Wolf
These are alot more popular characters than Geno
Your really pissing off alot of fans by saying that, your saying they wont even make it into the top 37 characters asumeing Geno is # 37
Geno doesnt belong at # 37
He belongs above character # 50.

Black Knight
Ok your reason was completly stupid. There already another heavy swordsmen character
Does that mean they will be the same? Tell any Fire Emblim fan that Black Knight and Ike are the same.
Hes a villian and He fits greatly into the fire Emblim story line.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Snakz and Psycho: got an idea. We do it from what was told in the first Paper Mario, highest being the Star rod =p

Top Bottom