• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
@ PsycoIncarnate, Yes I agree with you that the character list is based on the creaters Biased.
But what you believe the creaters biased to be is also biased by your own opinion.

So would you rather go with the facts?
Or would you rather go with your own biased opinion?

I stated the facts already.

Sorry everyone its like 10 against 1 here im doing the best I can to respond to the best comments.

@ Mega Conrad
So your saying Geno is not a lodgical choice so thats why you think He will be in Brawl?
Or are you say that Geno is a lodjical choice and he wont make it into Brawl.
Your lodgic is silly. So it shouldnt count for anything
what the hell. you haven't posted a single fact in the whole debate.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is anyone able of making a better Bar, the same size as the one I have but for Geno Alliance...

Because I'm better in working with Reds into Violet, Purple, etc. but not into Blues or some other colors.

Eh, N/M I'll figure something out

Snakz

Smash Ace
I got an idea, but I didn't want to say anything until I saw it in practice...

I think we should create orders within the Geno thing, with each order dedicated to certain things...and each of those separated into sub-orders...

It seemed to work for the RMB
Hmm that sounds like a cool idea, although i dont really know what RMB is :embarrass, but i know what you mean by orders and sub-orders, how shall we go about doin establishing them?

@Foz

Yea i had i really busy weekend, i apologize for not being on as much as i'd like to, and i know i missed a few people this weekend who said they wanted to join the Alliance, i did the best i could to round up the names of those who want to join

i'd say something to TheMastermind, but he'll probably never see it so ill wait

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hmm that sounds like a cool idea, although i dont really know what RMB is :embarrass, but i know what you mean by orders and sub-orders, how shall we go about doin establishing them?

@Foz

Yea i had i really busy weekend, i apologize for not being on as much as i'd like to, and i know i missed a few people this weekend who said they wanted to join the Alliance, i did the best i could to round up the names of those who want to join

i'd say something to TheMastermind, but he'll probably never see it so ill wait
For the RMG check out the GIF in my sig...

But yes, I think we need to add different orders and stuff to expand it

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
Why wouldn't you be for any character possible?

The more characters the better. I don't care if any character gets in as long as Geno does as well.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I tire of this.

From now on can't we refer the haters to the wiki page arguement section?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
For my little line in the Wiki, I'd just like to add that Geno was the first character I supported when I joined SWF, and my opinion has remained unchanged. I have been publicly supporting Geno since well over a year. My SSBM mains are also Jigglypuff, Mr Game & Watch, and Marth

Enigma14

Smash Champion
So the Ice Climbers were brought in to bring in millions of... Ice Climber fans? Yeah, they're a huge fanbase.

And of course, since the Game & Watch games are still in production and all, Nintendo was trying to rep those, and advertise them.

Don't forget about Ness, either, whose game was a financial failure and whose sequel was never released in the US. Yeah, his millions of fans are definitely the reason he was included.

The truth of the matter is that you have no idea what you're talking about. There is absolutely no reason that Geno can't be in. He is a hugely popular character, and Nintendo can easily acquire the rights to him. Gamers from all around the world want him in the game, and Sakurai has been listening to the fans.
thank you McFox

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
:/ i just dont like the design of that puppet, never played mario rpg to judge him anyways.

But at simple sight i just dont see him going in.

The other 4 guys who tied him in the Poll were really strong contestants.....and while geno is high in the poll on par with them... he is just like, less important than all the other, who are like gods in front of him right now.

The less legendary of all of them was Ike, but since Ike is "so hot right now" in the current market... he made it.... Geno while supported... is just not famous enough, is not good at the nostalgia point either (in comparion with Gw and ICs) and is not as legendary as the Ridleys and the Dededes

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
:/ i just dont like the design of that puppet, never played mario rpg to judge him anyways.

But at simple sight i just dont see him going in.

The other 4 guys who tied him in the Poll were really strong contestants.....and while geno is high in the poll on par with them... he is just like, less important than all the other, who are like gods in front of him right now.

The less legendary of all of them was Ike, but since Ike is "so hot right now" in the current market... he made it.... Geno while supported... is just not famous enough, is not good at the nostalgia point either (in comparion with Gw and ICs) and is not as legendary as the Ridleys and the Dededes
What makes Geno less important then the others? I've seen more love for Geno than I have any other character recently. Besides I dont think Geno's design is suited for Brawl right now either. However, just like Pit they will totally reanimate him and make him look much cleaner.

Timbalada

Smash Cadet
I believe there is bound to be at least 30 characters total included in Brawl, thats low balling it considering we have months worth of daily updates, and i'm sure Sakurai would like to keep SOME stuff hush until release. Anyway with 22 characters (not counting Zero Suit) that would leave at least 8 slots. Now it seems with 8 slots left, at least two of them could go to the other two who tied for third in the polls (Geno and Ridley). I dunno...it just seems like a very unwise thing to count Geno out.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
What makes Geno less important then the others? I've seen more love for Geno than I have any other character recently. Besides I dont think Geno's design is suited for Brawl right now either. However, just like Pit they will totally reanimate him and make him look much cleaner.
well important in terms of legendary fame... ridley, dedede, ............ geno... do you see?

Im not saying he is not loved but... you got the point.

I have nothing against him tho...just that i dont like him much.

D

Deleted member

well important in terms of legendary fame... ridley, dedede, ............ geno... do you see?
But Geno is famous. Whether you hate him or love him you still know what we mean when we mention his name. He may not be as famous as Dedede or Ridley but to score a 4 on the poll like that?

FAMOUS
LEGENDARY
EPIC

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I was gone for one day and we're up by 11 pages... holy crap....

So, the haters are back, huh? Every "argument" they post here has been skinned alive and readied for the virtual trash can, thanks to the sensible people in this thread.

...I always have to mention something completely irrelevent, so I better not beat around the bush.

What makes a character "deserving" to recieve a place in Brawl? Is it their popularity? The games they starred in? Or maybe just personal aspects of the character, such as personality or fighting ability?

People go around saying "OMG Geno's liek not deserving a spot like Megaman or Ridley GTFO the internetz fanboys!!1"

Do I even have to retaliate to that? I guess so, if I want to make a point.

To be deserving, in my unbiased opinion, would depend on the character's significance to Nintendo (i.e. game profitability, historic importance, etc.). The SSB series are dedicated to the "all-stars of Nintendo", which includes those that supported some of their most important games. This is expressed via the Brawl newcomers, such as these few for example:

Lucas, who starred in the final game of the very popular Mother/Earthbound series,

Dedede, the antagonist of nearly every Kirby game,

and Sonic, Nintendo's first worthy rival.

Add this to their demand on the poll and their fanbase, and bingo! You have a Brawler.

Geno's circumstances go summat like this:

He played a major role in a game that pushed the Mario franchise out of platformers and into greater games, such as its best-selling follow-up Super Mario 64 and later on the Paper Mario series. Pay close attention now: this means Super Mario RPG was a staple game in Nintendo's history.

We know Geno was not the main character of SMRPG. How could he be, in a game that had "Mario" in the title? Luigi, Yoshi and Donkey Kong had as much importance as Geno in their games as he had in his. Look at them now... if Geno wasn't owned by Squeenix he might be off doing bigger and better things. This fries the "only in one game" argument- he has the potential to be in so many other games, sans Square.

Geno = very, very deserving. Either my point is established, or I have to facepalm like they do in lesser threads.

*phew* Sorry if I made myself look like an ***. I just wanted to do something useful while at the same time post this:

"HOLY SH*T, GEN-O-LANTERN!"​

@Hydde: I can't count your opinion until you play SMRPG. You're a good guy, but you've got to play it if you want to be in the true know on Geno. :)

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Geno pumpkin is blurry, got a neater pic?

As i always post here and on the wiki, don't judge or flame Geno until you've played and beaten SMRPG and good post SMW!

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Don't like the moveset on the first page...oh well only Sakurai's team can only make it for him, if hes in.

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Ah, you mean when he's in. No point doubting him now.

*looks at moveset* Geno's is pretty much laid out for him. Special attacks for B-moves, generic cannons/guns/star-related deathmoves for everything else.

@Snakz: C'mon... tonight, please be the night! *crosses fingers* I guarantee all haters will be smitten by Geno's update by the end of December.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
Ah, you mean when he's in. No point doubting him now.

*looks at moveset* Geno's is pretty much laid out for him. Special attacks for B-moves, generic cannons/guns/star-related deathmoves for everything else.

@Snakz: C'mon... tonight, please be the night! *crosses fingers* I guarantee all haters will be smitten by Geno's update by the end of December.
i doubt tonight actually. i doubt there'll be a new character this week. and if it is, i hope it's captain falcon. i'm sure geno's going to be a latter update.

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
Do you think if Geno is playable that he will be announced, or a secret character? Just curious. I'd like to seem him in story mode lol.

TBone06

Smash Ace
ahhh I must say Psycho, I'm very impressed with you long debate a few pages back, I found it very well done, as well as everyone elses debates. I hope Geno makes the cut. I truly think he deserves it. Geno FTW

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Judging by Sakurai's 15-day-or-so pattern, I'd have to say Geno will be announced around Thanksgiving, or maybe early Christmas...

Sakurai said he wanted to announce all the characters on the roster, so I'm pretty sure Geno will be an unlockable but announced beforehand. If he's not in SE, something's wrong with Sakurai...

*points* Don't look now, but TheMastermind is-a prowling around.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
Do you think if Geno is playable that he will be announced, or a secret character? Just curious. I'd like to seem him in story mode lol.
a lot of people keep asking a question similar to this in regards to characters being announced.

apparently, sakurai wants to reveal all the characters. ALL of them. he wants the honor of revealing them rather than people announcing them when they get the game.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Well he'd most likely be a secret character, and i have a feeling that yes, Geno will have a late showing on the Dojo, but i also think Sakurai will tease us with a Forest Maze Brawl remix before hand (kinda like what he did with Ridley)

So, orders. What should the names be, im at a loss as to potential names. I think perhaps Star Agents would be given to the highest order of Geno alliance members, but i dont know about the others, what do you guys think?

And im starting to think maybe we should expand the members list a bit, but that'll depend on how many more people want to join in the coming week. We can probably just keep the limit the same if we just meet the members goal by the end of the week. But if we get a flood for some reason, we should consider expanding the list to 40, but after that, that's it, no more members, only supporters outside the Alliance.

D

Deleted member

Hehe, guys. I just had a good idea for me to pass the time. I was thinking of rewriting the song His World by Zebrahead (From Sonic the Hedgehog '06) but make it sound more like Geno. Nifty idea or what?

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
@Hydde: I can't count your opinion until you play SMRPG. You're a good guy, but you've got to play it if you want to be in the true know on Geno. :)
fair enough. Ill admit ill not play SMRPG... i remember im my younger years when everyone liked this rpg.. i remember it got very high reviews on thr magazines... but for some reaons i just dont imagined Mario and Co in an rpg lol XD (being a little biased here)

you know.. i was just finished from playing the onminous FF 4 and FF 6.... to play mario in a rpg? jajajaja.

Oh those old good times.

If geno make it,, ill give him a try for sure ;)

Snakz

Smash Ace
Hehe, guys. I just had a good idea for me to pass the time. I was thinking of rewriting the song His World by Zebrahead (From Sonic the Hedgehog '06) but make it sound more like Geno. Nifty idea or what?
Well first off, i have no idea what that song is, could you post some kind of link of the song possibly?

And secondly, how could you make it sound more like Geno?? maybe i'll understnad once i hear the song, i dont know

Top Bottom