• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Snakz

Smash Ace
BTW Snakz, maybe we should divide the group into separate categories but instead of ranks. more like different government factions...

Such as Wisdom/ Power/ Stealth (Example)
Hmm, interesting, yea i was thinkin about that before Mastermind came back, i think that might be a better idea just because most Alliance members will want to be in the highest order, it'll be hectic :p

Anyways, yea, i agree with this, but again, names, names, names, what shall they be?

paralasalud

Smash Ace
Hmm, interesting, yea i was thinkin about that before Mastermind came back, i think that might be a better idea just because most Alliance members will want to be in the highest order, it'll be hectic :p

Anyways, yea, i agree with this, but again, names, names, names, what shall they be?
i don't know, but one of the names should be Star Road Patrol :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Star Knight/ Star Sage/ Star Sentinel (Like specific tasks, bleh...whatever)

Enigma14

Smash Champion
So according to you there are 36 better character choices than Geno.
Asuming Nintendo doesnt put in 10 extreamly popular characters that are in more popular better selling games than Geno.

Isaac
has his own game where hes the main character.
Its a number 1 seller in europe and very popular in America and Japan.
WAAAAAAAAY more fans there than Geno.

Is he another sword user?

WW link
was also very high on the poll, and hes not THE link hes a completely different character
with everything completely different from the actual character link. The only simular thing is the
what he wears.

So, blond, boy, sword user, shield, bombs, etc. don't make him similiar?

Captain Olmar
Really Im not sure about his fighting potential, but hes got alot bigger of a fan base than Geno.
AND he has his own set of games!

Physics wise could he fight without his plants?

Falco
Marth
Wolf
These are alot more popular characters than Geno
Your really pissing off alot of fans by saying that, your saying they wont even make it into the top 37 characters asumeing Geno is # 37
Geno doesnt belong at # 37
He belongs above character # 50.

Ok that was based on my opinion, however 50? how many character did you have again and was the total 50?

Black Knight
Ok your reason was completly stupid. There already another heavy swordsmen character
Does that mean they will be the same? Tell any Fire Emblim fan that Black Knight and Ike are the same.
Hes a villian and He fits greatly into the fire Emblim story line.
Villian. Yes. SAme style fighting as Ike? Yes. Both slow? Yes. Clone character? Possibly.

Love how you used the word stupid to put in a post when your whole argument is all stupid. accept that Geno has a chance and when or if he is in, I'll personally PM you to gloat about it and if he isn't in, then go ahead, I don't care either way.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Enigma, you win an award for being # 5000...

Whew, so close to it being Mastermind:chuckle:

D

Deleted member

Asuming Nintendo doesnt put in 10 extreamly popular characters that are in more popular better selling games than Geno.

Isaac

WW link
was also very high on the poll, and hes not THE link hes a completely different character
with everything completely different from the actual character link. The only simular thing is the
what he wears.

Captain Olmar
Really Im not sure about his fighting potential, but hes got alot bigger of a fan base than Geno.

Falco
Marth
Wolf
Your really pissing off alot of fans by saying that, your saying they wont even make it into the top 37 characters asumeing Geno is # 37

Black Knight
Ok your reason was completly stupid. There already another heavy swordsmen character
Does that mean they will be the same? Tell any Fire Emblim fan that Black Knight and Ike are the same.
NO ONE REPLY TO THIS
HE KEEPS SAYING NINTENDO NOT SAKURAI JUST TURN YOUR BACK AND CROSS YOUR ARMS AND NOD YOUR HEAD! GENO STYLE!

1) Who the hell is Isaac?
2) WW LInk? Oh, the one that looks like a Pokemon!
3) Olimar?! Bigger Fan Base?! HA! Pics or it didn't happen.
4) STOOPID, NOT A POPULARITY CONTEST
5) This has to do with Geno... how? Geno > Black Knight. Geno actually got a high rate on the poll. IIRC I don't think the black Knight got even a 2. Hmmm... Interesting.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Night all read my latest post above, please. =) *Salute to all cept the 1 hater*

GhostAnime

Smash Ace

Isaac

WW link
what he wears.

Captain Olmar

Falco
Marth
Wolf

Black Knight
I'm seriously getting annoyed of your repetitive, non-evidence reasoning in this debate. all you do is post characters and say "they're more popular and deserve more!"

how many times must I repeat myself? Sakurai isn't looking for JUST popularity (at least in terms of the series they're from)

he's looking for two things:

1) what the fans want.

2) obscurity/old titles.

what have you provided? nothing but "THIS GUY IS A MAIN CHARACTER AND HIS GAME SOLD MORE AND DESERVES MORE!"

please, leave bias out of debates. you say we are the fanboys but you are the only person showing any signs of being a fanboy in this whole matter. I'm seriously considering a moderator get you out of here.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
1. How do you know this?
2. Geno got just as many votes on the poll as Ridley, Ike, Diddy and several
others, and more votes then lucas, megaman, etc.
3. Why the hell would nintendo pay to use Geno as an AT?
4. Your logic fails
5. Your logic fails
6. Characters aren't made into AT's because they're unpopular, they're made into AT's because sakurai couldn't make them work as characters.
7. Your logic still fails...
1. Because, Characters on the poll were taken as assist Trophys.
And because alot of the character probably wernt being considered for a playable characters. Look at the names I listed

2. Wow lucky him, he was probably the first character considered as an assist trophy
because of this. Wheres my proof? WHERES YOURS?

3. Why The hell would they pay for Geno? I thought they didnt need to pay for him?
I was told they just have to include squaresofts name in the credits.
But if he was 3rd party then Megaman will clearly take the 3rd party slot.

4./5. Keep trying to assure yourself

6. Do you really think there is a character Sakurai cant make into a character????????

7. If you dont want to hear the truth keep saying that

Im out for the night. Catch you guys tommoro

Snakz

Smash Ace

Isaac

WW link
what he wears.

Captain Olmar

Falco
Marth
Wolf

Black Knight
Personally, i think Capt. Olimar, WW Link and Issac have a lot of support for their appearance, i have nothing against them. I even support Olimar and Falco for Brawl. Marth is mostly likely going to be replaced by another Fire Emblem, maybe Black Knight, maybe Michiah (or however you spell it), but i doubt they'll both get in, anyways, most likely one more FE character.

Wolf if you havent heard is most likely a alt. costume for Fox from the videos, although we obviously cant confirm that completely, but iwould'nt get my hopes up for Wolf if i were you.

The whole point is, Geno is not prohibiting these widely supported characters from entering Brawl. Most people will disagree with your list not because of those characters, but of others like K. Rool, Bowser Jr. and Birdo, who honestly dont have a lot going for them, and for some, not at all.

@Enigma and Psycho

Oooh, what if we implement the names of the seven Star sages from Paper Mario and attribute a personality type to each one so we can determine who belongs in which factions

But i like your idea too Psycho, that works and it's more true to SMRPG, i just thought i should put that idea out there :)

D

Deleted member

And because alot of the character probably wernt being considered for a playable characters. Look at the names I listed

2. Wow lucky him, he was probably the first character considered as an assist trophy

3. Why The hell would they pay for Geno? I thought they didnt need to pay for him?

6. Do you really think there is a character Sakurai cant make into a character????????

1)Proof. Nao.
2)No, stupid. You just don't get it. That poll was for PLAYABLE CHARACTERS. Geno Confirmed, n00b.
3)Can't they both get in? I see Geno as a second party character.
4)Fail
5)Epic Fail
6)Um, wait, what? Sakurai can make a goomba a main chaacter if he wants.
7)The truth is, you fail, you are wrong, you are a troll, you suck at life, please GTFO.

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
@Mastermind: I would respond, but saying "phailed" three times on the same night gets pretty old.

@Snakz: Heh, Star Spirits FTW. That sounds cool.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
and you know this how?

if you have no proof that they consider him an AT from the get-go despite tying for second, then we don't need to show proof of ANYTHING. the burden of proof lies in your hands.

this is a fair point.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Here's a point for you all - wouldn't Geno be counted as a second-party character, DESPITE Square's ownership over him? He was second-party at the time, and Square hasn't used him since then - so wouldn't he still be counted as second-party?

Snakz

Smash Ace

1. You still ignore the fact that those characters put into AT form already didn't get more than one vote

2. Here's the proof: Not a single character on the poll who has more than 1 vote has been deconfirmed in anyway, shape or form. The only character you could possibly make the argument against is Lip because of her item, but honestly, that doesn't mean anything yet. Im not saying she's likely, im saying that even she isn't deconfirmed.

3. Why would they pay for Sonic? because he was highly requested. Geno, IN A SENSE, is the exact same case. Nothing about Sonic said definitively he would be in Brawl, all he really had was high requests. Now of course a lot of differences otherwise between Sonic and Geno chances, but im not gonna get into that cause im way to tired to argue why the difference dont make too much of a difference IMO, and frankly i dont think it'd be worth it anyways. Though overall, i consider Geno a 2nd and 1/2 party character because there is a lot of proof for the 2nd and 1/2 party argument.

6. That sounds an awful lot like support for Geno, not to mention Geno has the perfect moveset.

4/5/7. not going to bother responding, it's just flaming, and i dont do that to most haters, unless they REALLY deserve it. I dont think you do, as much as i disagree with almost everything else you say...

@ShadowBolt

It's possible, they did the same thing with Diddy, Rare was once a second party developer for Nintendo and Rare made Diddy for the DKC games, not Nintendo. Considering Rare isn't mentioned in the credits at the bottom of the Dojo website, they could do the same for Geno, but seeing as how they did credit Square with Geno in M&L:SSS, i dont know if they could do that...

Although if all it takes is mentioning of the character's co-creator of a former second party developer, well then nothing is stopping Geno, and that's how i view it too.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Earlier Mastermind you said that only Psycho was the only one worth debating too and you said that you're trying to determine the good comments from the bad from a ratio of 10:1, so this one is for you:

You come into a thread full of fans of a character and as a flamer you talk crap about that character and you except to change our minds. I love how this is turning out for you.

no I dont expect to change a single persons mind. I find it incredibly fun actually. Reguardless of how Geno fans feel I do not believe Geno will be included in the game. I really would like to come back here when the game is out and say, I told you so!

I mean seriously reguardless of weather geno will make it or not, im a far better debater than most here, and I like that.

I actually have a proposition for all geno posters here. If im right and geno is not included in the game you have to change your sig to a banner that I will create, saying something like Mastermind was right ect ect ect. But if im wrong and Geno is included in the game I will have to change my sig to 1of your costom made banners saying, mastermind is stupid ect ect ect.

This applys for every major debater who agrees to this. and it will be effective for 1 whole year. Would everyone here agree to this? If so post you banners for my sig here then you can all vote for the one you want in the end. But dont expect to win.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
im a far better debater than most here, and I like that.
I nominate this quote to be the most hilarious throughout this WHOLE topic.

you? a good debater? MY ***. the only thing you've done was list opinions. you haven't proven a single point. not one. showing off your dream roster and screaming out "bu-but-but this character deserves more!" isn't exactly "a good debater".

D

Deleted member

actually have a proposition for all geno posters here. If im right and geno is not included in the game you have to change your sig to a banner that I will create, saying something like Mastermind was right ect ect ect.
YEAH, SCREW YOU BUDDY

Let us say, Geno isn't than
You can lick my left testicle from behind first.

Gordie123

Smash Cadet
wow

this kid needs to get himself to a doctor...seriously, he needs some kind of professional help

he is OBSESSED with Geno and posts the same stupid argument over and over and over again...

why don't you just do something else with your time you psycho

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
this kid needs to get himself to a doctor...seriously, he needs some kind of professional help

he is OBSESSED with Geno and posts the same stupid argument over and over and over again...

why don't you just do something else with your time you psycho
Your comment sounds like your talking about me...Now I know you aren't now are you?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
1)Proof. Nao.
Gardevoir, Hammer Bros, Koopa Troopa, Little Mac and Jill were all on this poll and are all ATs (well Gardy is a pokeball but they are pretty much the same thing)
2)No, stupid. You just don't get it. That poll was for PLAYABLE CHARACTERS. Geno Confirmed, n00b.
I believe that it was "characters you want to see in Brawl" it never explicitly stated they were playable
3)Can't they both get in? I see Geno as a second party character.
They law sees him as 3rd party so... The Law >>>>>>>>>>>> You Opinion...
6)Um, wait, what? Sakurai can make a goomba a main chaacter if he wants.
Isn't that contradicting what you said before that ATs are characters that Sakurai couldn't find a moveset before?

genosall

Smash Journeyman
in your computer waiting for when you get closer t
uhh... wow this argument hasbean going on for awhile, hasent it? if evarybodey hates mastermind so much then why bother wasting typeing time (T.T.) with him?

also im thinkin (for the class thing)

star-guardians could be peapole who defend geno most often. (this thred, other threds) *sub-catagorys*
star-sages could be peapole who contripute more to the geno comunity (pics., fan-fiction)
star-knights could be peapole who spread the word about geno (this site, other sites)
star-citizen could be the geno lovers in general (no sub-catagory)

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
xianfeng, just so you know, there's a chance Geno's second and a half party (or whatever they call it)

either way, Sakurai considers him 1st party no matter what. what type of party he is really isn't the problem anymore.

Snakz

Smash Ace
uhh... wow this argument hasbean going on for awhile, hasent it? if evarybodey hates mastermind so much then why bother wasting typeing time (T.T.) with him?

also im thinkin (for the class thing)

star-guardians could be peapole who defend geno most often. (this thred, other threds) *sub-catagorys*
star-sages could be peapole who contripute more to the geno comunity (pics., fan-fiction)
star-knights could be peapole who spread the word about geno (this site, other sites)
star-citizen could be the geno lovers in general (no sub-catagory)
It's gone on for too long and im done arguing with him since he doesn't seem to respond to me anyway, just to flames, what does that tell you...

Yea, i like that idea, but all star named factions kinda bothers me, maybe we can substitute 2 of them for the angel hierarchy names that Psycho mentioned. We can keep star-guardian and star-citizen, but im not feeling the star-sage and star-knight.

Anyways, ive come to the realization that im not going to be on this forum nearly as much as i'd like to be, school is starting to pick up...again, and i need to focus. Im just about writing a speech each week and at least one major test a week now, if not two. Im sorry guys, i'll probably come on every once in a while when i have free time, but i dont know when that'll be. If anyone wants to join the Alliance, ill do the best i can to keep track of those names until i add them, and ill do my best to try and contribute to the thread, whether it be defending Geno or something else.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
It's gone on for too long and im done arguing with him since he doesn't seem to respond to me anyway, just to flames, what does that tell you...

Yea, i like that idea, but all star named factions kinda bothers me, maybe we can substitute 2 of them for the angel hierarchy names that Psycho mentioned. We can keep star-guardian and star-citizen, but im not feeling the star-sage and star-knight.

Anyways, ive come to the realization that im not going to be on this forum nearly as much as i'd like to be, school is starting to pick up...again, and i need to focus. Im just about writing a speech each week and at least one major test a week now, if not two. Im sorry guys, i'll probably come on every once in a while when i have free time, but i dont know when that'll be. If anyone wants to join the Alliance, ill do the best i can to keep track of those names until i add them, and ill do my best to try and contribute to the thread, whether it be defending Geno or something else.

Its ok. I too have school. Anyways we should all work on this name thing on AIM.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Actually, you guys... about Geno's specials - I've been lead to believe that at least one of them WOULDN'T work as a special.

Geno Beam? His very first one? Yes, we all theorize Geno having this as his main B attack, but have we thought about whether it'd work or not? Recall the SIZE of that beam, gentlemen; Geno's height, and stretching on throughout the entire screen as it's being fired. That's a close equivalent to Samus' FS.

And Geno Blast? That many beams raining down from the sky for that long, like it's the techno apocalypse or something? It's overkill, plain and simple.

Sorry, you guys, but these two attacks just don't sound like they'd be practical in a working moveset. If anything, they'd work better as Final Smashes - and I think we're pretty much agreed here, that Geno Flash would be his. Perhaps they could be replaced by two of Geno's weapons?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Actually, you guys... about Geno's specials - I've been lead to believe that at least one of them WOULDN'T work as a special.

Geno Beam? His very first one? Yes, we all theorize Geno having this as his main B attack, but have we thought about whether it'd work or not? Recall the SIZE of that beam, gentlemen; Geno's height, and stretching on throughout the entire screen as it's being fired. That's a close equivalent to Samus' FS.

And Geno Blast? That many beams raining down from the sky for that long, like it's the techno apocalypse or something? It's overkill, plain and simple.

Sorry, you guys, but these two attacks just don't sound like they'd be practical in a working moveset. If anything, they'd work better as Final Smashes - and I think we're pretty much agreed here, that Geno Flash would be his. Perhaps they could be replaced by two of Geno's weapons?
Finger shot
hand gun
double punch
hand cannon
or
star gun

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Finger shot
hand gun
double punch
hand cannon
or
star gun
Definitely the Star Gun.

As for the other one, I'm torn. It would be nice to see one of his punching attacks in action, but I'm also partial to Geno's Finger Shot as well because it's the first weapon he gets, and he receives it from Gaz. =/

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
*GASP*

I don't know why I didn't think of this before!

SPART-er-GENO SUPPORTERS! I may have found out a way to know whether or not our boy is playable! Ask David Hayter!

Who is David Hayter, you ask? None other that Solid Snake's voice actor in Brawl. See where I'm going with this?

... You aren't? Really?

Snake has a conversation with his team about EVERY playable character. If anyone would know who's playable, it'd be him!

So... yeah! Let's do that! Let's go ask David Hayter!

Enigma14

Smash Champion
*GASP*

I don't know why I didn't think of this before!

SPART-er-GENO SUPPORTERS! I may have found out a way to know whether or not our boy is playable! Ask David Hayter!

Who is David Hayter, you ask? None other that Solid Snake's voice actor in Brawl. See where I'm going with this?

... You aren't? Really?

Snake has a conversation with his team about EVERY playable character. If anyone would know who's playable, it'd be him!

So... yeah! Let's do that! Let's go ask David Hayter!
How do we reach him?

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
I know this may sound silly, but do you think he may have been forced to take a vow of silence and not be allowed to speak about the confirmed characters until Sakurai releases them?

Just a thought. =/

Hong

The Strongest
I have a hard time doubting Geno's appearance in Brawl anyways. xP I think any character with more than three responses is going to be in 100%. I also know for a fact Masahiro Sakurai isn't stupid. If he wants to include MegaMan and Geno, he will include MegaMan and Geno. People like to compare them for some reason.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i have a good feeling that geno will be in brawl. hes only appeared on nintendo platforms and nothing else (i kno hes only been in one game, but i forget if hes been part of something like an easter egg or a cameo in another), which makes him a unique third party character, one thats closer to nintendo than all others. square is closer than ever to nintendo, and if i had to guess any of their characters to make it, it would be mallow, geno, or black mage. black mage is a lil too generic, and geno has appeared on the poll, and is far more requested than many other characters.

other than that, i think he fits well in brawl. his attacks could work nice, heres a moveset i was thinking:

B: Star Gun - Charge it up a little (can't hold a charge), and some stars fly out to hit you opponents. The longer you charge it, the more stars fly out faster and with longer range.

B Smash: Geno Whirl - Obviously it won't have the effect to do 999 damage, but he would essentially throw out a disc super fast. For it being such a fast attack, it won't do too much damage, and Geno would probably take some good stun afterwards.

B Up: Geno Boost - Ok so it's not the same effect as it was in the game, but the name somewhat fits. Think of it pretty much as a third jump. Perhaps just a cloud of smoke appears where he was and he just propels himself up. It would definitely help a lot, but not as good as many characters B Ups. Maybe he could have gliding with his cape or something? lol

B Down: Geno Blast - If I'm not mistaken (I haven't played Mario RPG for like 2 years), this is the one where a colored beam of light shoots down with a small blast at the bottom. In the game he summons a bunch of these, but in smash he could just summon one down that appears in front of him (not on him), and it works like Pikachu's Thunder attack. It could be a random color whenever you do it.

Final Smash: Geno Flash - 'Nuff said.

Top Bottom