• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ok they've been replaced by Captain Olmar and Mr. G&W

Now whos spot would Geno take?
Or you can tell me to add a 35th character to the list

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Meta Knight
Pit
Samus/Zamus
Wario
Fox
Snake
Zelda/Shiek
Bowser
Donkeykong
Yoshi
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Peach
Diddy kong
Ice climbers
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
Captain Falcon
Luigi
Gannondorf
Mega Man
Krystal
Jigglypuff
Ridley
Captain Olimar
Mr. Game and watch
Marth
Falco
Ness

List of Characters that Geno will make it before
WW Link
IF Sakurai only includes 34 than Geno won't get in...But I don't think Megaman will either. Can't believe you didn't have Game & Watch on the original list though...He's practically assured

That's why I said 34-40

volbound1700

Smash Master
I heard there could be up to 50. With all the additions being given to the game, it seems like Sakurai wants it to be perfect. I was shocked by the stage editor. I would not be shocked it 50 characters made it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I heard there could be up to 50. With all the additions being given to the game, it seems like Sakurai wants it to be perfect. I was shocked by the stage editor. I would not be shocked it 50 characters made it.
Well, if it's 50 Geno is assured without question...That seems WAY too optimistic though

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
what does trying to replace a 35 character roster with Geno prove? absolutely nothing.

1) we don't know the actual roster. we don't even know the amount, either.

2) we aren't considering what Sakurai wants. or at least barely. every point you've stated about the roster is just an opinion.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Ok so Obviously There wont be 34 characters if Geno and even Megaman are to be included.
So heres a list of 40 characters.
Who should be replaced to fit Geno in?
Or does there need to be more characters?

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Meta Knight
Pit
Samus/Zamus
Wario
Fox
Snake 10
Zelda/Shiek
Bowser
Donkeykong
Yoshi
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Peach
Diddy kong
Ice climbers
Lucas 20
Sonic
King Dedede
Black knight
Capt. Falcon
Luigi
Gannondorf
Ness
Wolf
Lucario
Mega Man 30
Claus
Krystal
Jigglypuff
Ridley
Marth
Mewtwo
Falco
Captain Olimar
Mr. Game and watch
Isaac 40

List of characters that wont make it in a 40 character roaster
WW Link

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
Ok so Obviously There wont be 34 characters if Geno and even Megaman are to be included.

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Meta Knight
Pit
Samus/Zamus
Wario
Fox
Snake 10
Zelda/Shiek
Bowser
Donkeykong
Yoshi
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Peach
Diddy kong
Ice climbers
Lucas 20
Sonic
King Dedede
Black knight
Capt. Falcon
Luigi
Gannondorf
Ness
Wolf
Lucario
Mega Man 30
Claus
Krystal
Jigglypuff
Ridley
Marth
Mewtwo
Falco
Captain Olimar
Mr. Game and watch
Isaac 40

WW Link
Alright, Geno comes WAY before these characters...

-Black Knight
-Wolf
-Isaac
-Claus

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Alright, Geno comes WAY before these characters...

-Black Knight
-Wolf
-Isaac
-Claus
I cant do this with everyone because everyone will have different views
I'll see what Psycoincarnate says.

But I'll defend those characters.
All of them had bigger roles in better selling games than Geno.
And they have all appeared in more games also. (Im not sure about Claus though)

volbound1700

Smash Master
Well if you want to go on just popularity then

Luke Skywalker
Bugs Bunny
Jason
and Mickey Mouse

Should all make Brawl since they were on Nintendo systems and therefore meet the requirements to be a third party character.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
I cant do this with everyone because everyone will have different views

give me a break. what an excuse. this is the whole reason why this is a pointless.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
MasterMind, your argument is flawed because you assume that there are set character "slots." I doubt Sakurai decides that he'll have X amount of characters before he chooses the characters. He'll probably choose characters and cut some due to time restraints. And don't say that Geno, who tied for second (with Ike, Diddy, and Ridley) on Sakurai's poll, will get cut instead of some character that wasn't on Sakurai's poll.

MasterMind said:
But I'll defend those characters.
All of them had bigger roles in better selling games than Geno.
And they have all appeared in more games also. (Im not sure about Claus though)
Claus got 2 mentions on the poll. Wolf and Isaac got one. Black Knight got none. It's obvious to Sakurai that Geno is more popular than Claus, Wolf, Black Knight, and Isaac.

Brawl is fan-service, and in fan-service, popularity is everything.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Meta Knight
Pit
Samus/Zamus
Wario
Fox
Snake 10
Zelda/Shiek
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Peach
Diddy kong
Ice climbers
Lucas 20
Sonic
King Dedede

Black knight
Capt. Falcon
Luigi
Gannondorf
Ness
Wolf
Lucario
Mega Man 30
Claus
Krystal
Jigglypuff
Ridley
Marth
Mewtwo
Falco
Captain Olimar
Mr. Game and watch
Isaac 40

WW Link
I think Fox's alternate costume is seriously the closest we are getting to wolf
Ike being the slow and heavy swordsman might exclude Black Knight, might...
I'm starting to believe the Mother series will only get 2 characters, Lucas and Claus being the best choice of that...I think it will come down to either Lucas OR Claus.
Lucario wasn't even on the poll even though he's been known since 2005 so I don't think his chances are that good but whatever with that
Isaac I'm not sure what his chances are but I doubt he'll get in before Geno...I'm completely unsure about that though because Isaac is one of the characters I've read least about on anything officially posted by Sakurai

However, the only characters of those Sakurai has even hinted towards is Claus, because he worked on Mother 3...other than that...Geno and Krystal have been the only characters he's talked about. I'm sure Takamaru is getting in to, because Sakurai had an entire interview based solely on him.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
MasterMind, your argument is flawed because you assume that there are set character "slots." I doubt Sakurai decides that he'll have X amount of characters before he chooses the characters. He'll probably choose characters and cut some due to time restraints. And don't say that Geno, who tied for second (with Ike, Diddy, and Ridley) on Sakurai's poll, will get cut instead of some character that wasn't on Sakurai's poll.
I actually Agree with you on the character slots. Im thinking theres gonna be 45-50 characters though, if Geno's gonna make it there needs to be over 50 characters though
because thats just some that deserve the spot more.

And reguardless of how you or I feel, many many people believe there will be a limited character roaster. I was baseing my lodgic on PsycoIncarnate who said there would be 34-40 characters, 40 being really optimistic.

It seems to me if PsycoIncarnate has to optimistic about there being 40 characters
then he should have to be REALLY optimistic for Geno to be included.

Today I at least hope to change PsycoIncarnates opinion on the roaster so that
its a more realistic # like 40-50 instead of 34-40.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I actually Agree with you on the character slots. Im thinking theres gonna be 45-50 characters though, if Geno's gonna make it there needs to be over 50 characters though
because thats just some that deserve the spot more.

And reguardless of how you or I feel, many many people believe there will be a limited character roaster. I was baseing my lodgic on PsycoIncarnate who said there would be 34-40 characters, 40 being really optimistic.

It seems to me if PsycoIncarnate has to optimistic about there being 40 characters
then he should have to be REALLY optimistic for Geno to be included.

Today I at least hope to change PsycoIncarnates opinion on the roaster so that
its a more realistic # like 40-50 instead of 34-40.
Why is it so hard to believe Geno has a chance when he was one of only 3-4 character Sakurai has actually talked about being very interested in?

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
I love how this is all opinion. Out of everything you are saying Sakurai has only heard one opinion that will influence his decision.

Geno (4)

You see that? That is what got to Sakurai. He was in the Top 4 Characters that were asked to be added to Brawl. People like him is exactly what that poll is saying.

All the Geno Haters can come in here and ramble about how Geno won't make it in.
All the Geno Lovers can come here and discuss why Geno should be in

None of that makes a difference. Right now I am reading idiotic debating that is basically just opinion. Just because you don't like Geno doesn't mean nobody else does. SMRPG is an extremely well-known game, and Geno deserves this spot almost as much as Megaman does.

If Geno loses out to anyone it is going to be Megaman. Not Sora, Baby Bowser, Waluigi, Toad, Simon Belmont, Wolf, Claus, Black Knight or any other people you think is so awesome. According to the Poll Geno is tied for second most wanted character.

This same crap came up with Sonic, and everyone who debated it got a foot shoved in their mouth. Geno is assured, but he does have a high chance of getting in.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Ok I replaced then with King K Rool, Midna, Micaiah.
I could argue for Wolf, Black Knight and Ness because I think there gonna be in the game
for sure, but I just want to see where you stand.
BTW Issac appeared in the Golden sun games, which was a #1 seller in Europe for a long time
It was still popular in America and Japan also, I personally played in his games.

Which character would Geno replace now?

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Meta Knight
Pit
Samus/Zamus
Wario
Fox
Snake 10
Zelda/Shiek
Bowser
Donkeykong
Yoshi
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Peach
Diddy kong
Ice climbers
Lucas 20
Sonic
King Dedede
Micaiah
Capt. Falcon
Luigi
Gannondorf
Midna
King K rule
Lucario
Mega Man 30
Claus
Krystal
Jigglypuff
Ridley
Marth
Mewtwo
Falco
Captain Olimar
Mr. Game and watch
Isaac 40

WW Link
Wolf
Black Knight
Ness

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I could argue for Wolf, Black Knight and Ness because I think there gonna be in the game
BTW Issac appeared in the Golden sun games, which was a #1 seller in Europe for a long time
It was still popular in America and Japan also, I personally played in his games.

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Meta Knight
Pit
Samus/Zamus
Wario
Fox
Snake 10
Zelda/Shiek
Bowser
Donkeykong
Yoshi
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Peach
Diddy kong
Ice climbers
Lucas 20
Sonic
King Dedede

Micaiah
Capt. Falcon
Luigi
Gannondorf
Midna
King K rule
Lucario
Mega Man 30
Claus
Krystal
Jigglypuff
Ridley
Marth
Mewtwo
Falco
Captain Olimar
Mr. Game and watch
Isaac 40

WW Link
Wolf
Black Knight
Ness
This could go on for a lot longer, yes there are a lot of characters I don't believe should be on that list...

You really think characters that JUST came out, receiving nothing but initial popularity are more worthy than a character that's survived for 10 years and gained enough fans that he intrigued Sakurai's interest and enough to get him the 4 mentions on Sakura's list/ poll whatever...Still don't understand your unfounded bias against his inclusion.

I already posted my reason for believing he will be in

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
If anything I would say that Micaiah, Lucario, and Midna are the ones that should be taken out.

I'm a huge Geno supporter because of the fact that I love diversity in fighting games. Geno would be so original, and fun to play as even if he sucked if they took him in the right direction. I'm not saying those top three would be bad characters, but Geno is more deserving.

I only think Claus should still be in because having a blaster and a sword would be very fun.

Mega Conrad

Smash Apprentice
For some reason i just can't see BOTH K.Rool and Ridley getting in...they're both big heavy fighters, and if ganondorf returns he would also be part of the heavyweight class...so we would end up with 6 or 7 heavyweights...and i'm not saying there's a limit or anything...it just seems like too many huge characters

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
So youve given up? LISTEN TO THIS!!!!! LISTEN for 1 min! 1 Min

There are 50 characters that are more popular and have been in Better selling games than Geno.
And most have been in alot more games than geno.

Thus my complete lodgic for this is those characters are more deserveing to be in
the game than Geno!

Reguardless of how popular Geno is, hes not popular as many other characters that should and wil get into brawl before him.

Thus I dont believe Nintendo will put an unpopular character like Geno in the game over characters that
have been proveen to deserve the spot better. By Deserveing I mean" that are more popular and have been in Better selling games than Geno."

So yes Geno' chances are very low considering this lodgic

@ Mega Conrad Donkey kong is 100x more popular than the Geno character by himself
King K rool would only be a 3rd character for such a popular series, its completely possible.

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
If Sakurai thinks that giving Heavy Characters invincibility frames will even them out then I can see him putting in just as many heavy as there are light.

The game is significantly slowed down as well so there won't be a huge difference between the heavy and light characters anymore.

Also, I would like to see these 50 Characters that have been in better games then Geno has been. He was a major character in SMRPG. SMRPG paved a way for many other RPG games and allowed for people to play as Mario in a new way.

Your logic fails because it is a gigantic opinion. You aren't thinking the way that Sakurai would by seeing the polls. Geno always places high compared to other characters. You are just thinking that your opinion reflects his chances when it doesn't.

RDK

Smash Hero
I think Fox's alternate costume is seriously the closest we are getting to wolf
People need to stop perpetuating this rumor.

The idea that Wolf was made into an alt. costume for Fox is a ridiculous rumor that started after some guy looked at the gameplay pics from E for All and said "ZOMG, THAT LOOKS VAGUELY LIKE WOLF. WOLF DECONPHIRMED, LOLOLOLZ."

So I guess this rule applies, then, too:

"ZOMG, MARIO STILL HAS HIS WARIO-COLOR ALT. IN BRAWL! WARIO DECONPHIRMED, LOLOLOLOLZ."

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So youve given up? LISTEN TO THIS!!!!! LISTEN for 1 min! 1 Min

There are 50 characters that are more popular and have been in Better selling games than Geno.
And most have been in alot more games than geno.

Thus my complete lodgic for this is those characters are more deserveing to be in
the game than Geno!

Reguardless of how popular Geno is, hes not popular as many other characters that should and wil get into brawl before him.

Thus I dont believe Nintendo will put an unpopular character like Geno in the game over characters that
have been proveen to deserve the spot better. By Deserveing I mean" that are more popular and have been in Better selling games than Geno."

So yes Geno' chances are very low considering this lodgic

@ Mega Conrad Donkey kong is 100x more popular than the Geno character by himself
King K rool would only be a 3rd character for such a popular series, its completely possible.
Your using your own bias rather than any kind of logic, and your forgetting the characters that get in are due to the creators bias so that wouldn't help you in the first place

The idea that Wolf was made into an alt. costume for Fox is a ridiculous rumor that started after some guy looked at the gameplay pics from E for All and said "ZOMG, THAT LOOKS VAGUELY LIKE WOLF. WOLF DECONPHIRMED, LOLOLOLZ."

"ZOMG, MARIO STILL HAS HIS WARIO-COLOR ALT. IN BRAWL! WARIO DECONPHIRMED, LOLOLOLOLZ."
I'm not against wolf and I personally don't care if he gets in or not

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
The whole argument that "they deserve to be in." is stupid. Toad deserved to be in, but he's pretty much deconfirmed. Geno may not deserve the spot, but people want him in. More than Lucario (Who was absent on the poll, and all he really has going for him is that ****ty movie) and more than Wolf.(Who is an alternate costume.) Do you think that Pokemon Trainer deserved to be in? The truth is, you're being much too practical. Sakurai has been pulling punches out of left field again and again, and Geno would be just that. A WTF character that was warrented because of his enormous fan base.

Timbalada

Smash Cadet

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Meta Knight
Pit
Samus/Zamus
Wario
Fox
Snake 10
Zelda/Shiek
Bowser
Donkeykong
Yoshi
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Peach
Diddy kong
Ice climbers
Lucas 20
Sonic
King Dedede
Micaiah
Capt. Falcon
Luigi
Gannondorf
Midna
King K rule
Lucario
Mega Man 30
Claus
Krystal
Jigglypuff
Ridley
Marth
Mewtwo
Falco
Captain Olimar
Mr. Game and watch
Isaac 40

WW Link
Wolf
Black Knight
Ness
All of them

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
Geno has a lot backing him up. It doesn't matter if you guys continue to ignore the polls since it is obvious that Sakurai hasn't been.

King DeDeDe - Confirmed
Ike - Confirmed
Sonic - Confirmed
Geno - Not Confirmed

He is the last one in the top 4 not to get confirmed. Sakurai expressed interest in all of these characters.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
I love how MasterMind is ignoring the one thing that we KNOW is a factor in Sakurai's decsion: his POLL. Geno was one of the top ranked characters on that poll, and we KNOW it is a factor. Why? Because that's the whole point of a poll. Two characters who were tied with Geno (Diddy and Ike) made it; Ridley (also tied) has a great chance. DeDeDe, the top ranked character, also made it. Lucas, who had multiple mentions, made it. Sakurai knows that Geno is popular, and he is interested (why else would he mention Geno so many times?).

vydran212

Smash Journeyman

So true. I mean, if Fox's alt colour included an eyepatch, then sure, I'd be more inclined to think that Wolf is now just an alternate costume to Fox, similar to the Daisy-Peach thing. But Fox doesn't have one-he just has a colour scheme that kind of looks like Wolf. Doesn't mean anything.

And as for people who bring up ridiculous arguments for why ANY character shouldn't be included...has anyone noticed that these people can't spell a **** thing? Seriously, when you see a squiggly red line, that means BAD! GET IT IN YOUR HEADS!!

Mega Conrad

Smash Apprentice
The whole argument that "they deserve to be in." is stupid. Toad deserved to be in, but he's pretty much deconfirmed. Geno may not deserve the spot, but people want him in. More than Lucario (Who was absent on the poll, and all he really has going for him is that ****ty movie) and more than Wolf.(Who is an alternate costume.) Do you think that Pokemon Trainer deserved to be in? The truth is, you're being much too practical. Sakurai has been pulling punches out of left field again and again, and Geno would be just that. A WTF character that was warrented because of his enormous fan base.
Exactly. And honestly...who thinks that Pichu and Dr. Mario "deserved" to be in Melee? If there's anything that we should have learned by now it's that Sakurai tends to think way outside the box most of the time and not go with the most logical choice

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
@ PsycoIncarnate, Yes I agree with you that the character list is based on the creaters Biased.
But what you believe the creaters biased to be is also biased by your own opinion.

So would you rather go with the facts?
Or would you rather go with your own biased opinion?

I stated the facts already.

Sorry everyone its like 10 against 1 here im doing the best I can to respond to the best comments.

@ Mega Conrad
So your saying Geno is not a lodgical choice so thats why you think He will be in Brawl?
Or are you say that Geno is a lodjical choice and he wont make it into Brawl.
Your lodgic is silly. So it shouldnt count for anything

Rex+

Smash Ace
I love how MasterMind is ignoring the one thing that we KNOW is a factor in Sakurai's decsion: his POLL. Geno was one of the top ranked characters on that poll, and we KNOW it is a factor. Why? Because that's the whole point of a poll. Two characters who were tied with Geno (Diddy and Ike) made it; Ridley (also tied) has a great chance. DeDeDe, the top ranked character, also made it. Lucas, who had multiple mentions, made it. Sakurai knows that Geno is popular, and he is interested (why else would he mention Geno so many times?).

I haven't kept up with Sakurai's words lately, care to show me (and others) where he has mentioned him besides the polls?

Snakz

Smash Ace
More hatin i see, and i just missed it

You wanted something Psycho?

@+Rex

Geno - Here’s an interesting one. A character that actually belongs to Square, but belongs in the Marioverse. What does Sakurai think? Well, actually, he’s intrigued. Geno is tied for second as well, and Sakurai has been noted as asking around for what the character is like. When he starts asking, it’s a good thing, btw. It means he’s bothering to learn who they are But Geno has been mentioned many-a-times, and Sakurai is listening to hard to each suggestion. And he’s yet to turn them down. That’s something, right?
Here's the link: http://smashboards.com/blog/2006/08/

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
@ PsycoIncarnate, Yes I agree with you that the character list is based on the creaters Biased.
But what you believe the creaters biased to be is also biased by your own opinion.

Sorry everyone its like 10 against 1 here im doing the best I can to respond to the best comments.
Since we don't know what the characters are going to be based on, or Sakurai's bias towards any character...the only facts we can draw upon are the poll, interview with him, and the characters he's mentioned he's interested in...THOSE are the only facts, though they don't necessarily mean 100% confirmed.

He's mentioned Geno and Krystal as personally being interested in, Takamaru as his favorite Old school character he WANTS to return, and Muddy Mole (Who I think is going to be an AT though may make it as a character, I don't have his game so I don't know what kind of moveset he could have)

Everything else, including so called "Reasons of why a character is worthy" is nothing but assumptions and people's own bias

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Sorry guys I need to go now.
The Geno Thread is my favorite thread. Because I can Prove why Geno wont be in the game,
then people say that the roaster is based on the creater biased, which you believeing in Geno is based on
your own Biased because you dont know what the creater will or wont do.

I'll be back in like 5 or 6 hours though. cya

D

Deleted member

Phew, Snakz. You missed the lazer war between me and 3 guys. Where was everybody? D=

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman

The facts are obviously your own opinion.

It is a FACT that Geno is high ranking on the poll
It is a FACT that Sakurai is interested in the Top 4 (Which includes Geno).
It is a FACT that Nintendo has used Geno before. a la Mario and Luigi cameo

Those are the only three set in stone. Everything you say may sound like a fact, but in reality it is only opinion.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sorry guys I need to go now.
The Geno Thread is my favorite thread. Because I can Prove why Geno wont be in the game,
then people say that the roaster is based on the creater biased, which you believeing in Geno is based on
your own Biased because you dont know what the creater will or wont do.

I'll be back in like 5 or 6 hours though. cya
You can't prove because you don't know the roster, you just assume based on so called "facts" that are completely meaningless and based on nothing but assumptions. Your just bias against him for some strange reason

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
More hatin i see, and i just missed it

You wanted something Psycho?

@+Rex

Here's the link: http://smashboards.com/blog/2006/08/
I got an idea, but I didn't want to say anything until I saw it in practice...

I think we should create orders within the Geno thing, with each order dedicated to certain things...and each of those separated into sub-orders...

It seemed to work for the RMB

Top Bottom