• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
I would like to put myself up for the Alliance. In all terms, I am a huge Geno fan, always end up defending Geno, and actually have a custom ordered T-Shirt with his picture on it. Really, can't get much bigger than me.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would like to put myself up for the Alliance. In all terms, I am a huge Geno fan, always end up defending Geno, and actually have a custom ordered T-Shirt with his picture on it. Really, can't get much bigger than me.
Hmmm...that seems ok with Me...but what about Snakz?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
omgz geno cant b n bral cuz waligi wud gt n b4 hem!!1111 y is tis thred so lnog 4 suhc a stupd karacter lol

*cough*

Yeah, Geno for Brawl.

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
eh, Snakz... I say you let ChaosSmash in.he seems like a big fan. He fits right in with us.

Can i buy that T-shirt off your hands there Chaos? lol

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
eh, Snakz... I say you let ChaosSmash in.he seems like a big fan. He fits right in with us.

Can i buy that T-shirt off your hands there Chaos? lol
Are you kidding me? That would cost mad money. But I'll drop a secret. (ONLINE T-SHIRT MAKERS). Then you can add text. May I suggest writing on the shoulder's of the back that says "I SERVE A HIGHER AUTHORITY"

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Hm, yeah, I never thought 'till now how Geno would fit in Subspace (if unlockable characters open new storyline paths). Perhaps we recycle and refresh a bit of the crisis involved in SMRPG? But instead of Smithy, The Ancient Minister and the Primid are... I dunno, draining the Star Road of its power. And we could have a wicked awesome cut scene of Geno descending from the heavens and either finding or altogether creating the doll body again. Maybe the doll would be caught up in some kind of whirlwind and Geno finds it out of pure coincidence (and preference)

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
I have my own idea about that. I'd love for every playable character to have a role in AM. Especially you-know-who. >.>

I have a distinct intro for Olimar - he'd be lost underground with his Pikmin, when suddenly he comes across a flickering light, which leads him into some sort of Subspace Emissary underground base (perhaps underneath the Halberd's hangar) - you fight there for a bit, and then the light leads you to a lost, discarded trophy, partially buried in the dirt - his Pikmin dig it up, and Olimar revives Geno, whom the star spirit enters again. Then the two must take on the boss of the area, Titan Dweevil.

genosall

Smash Journeyman
in your computer waiting for when you get closer t
i posted a possible storyline a while ago... anyway i see geno being sent down by the star road gods or whatever while being led by only one star-god (who wanted geno to possess a bigger more deathly form) and coming down to settle the big "mario broke the rules" thing and not know who did it untill close to the end where geno finds out mario did it. mario explains but the one star-god tells geno to kill him thus leading to the climatic end where geno destroys the star-god who would not let him go back to earth and can appeare in more games.

YAY! smrpg sequal! btw is any one still on?

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
So many awesome possible storylines. . . And to answer your question genosall yeah I'm on but if I don't respond right away it's because I either fell asleep or got too sucked into playing smrpg.

genosall

Smash Journeyman
in your computer waiting for when you get closer t
lol i just realised its only 12:30 on the east cost (thats late but not mega-late over here like evary one i know is most likely asleep) idk if thats late on the west cost... im slowly drifting away... with my last words i curse mic132!.... i said his name wrong dident i? aw hell im just posting spam at this point... goodnight...

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
genosall you and I are in the same time zone (I'm in southern New Jersey). Have a good sleep and of course Geno for Brawl! May he be confirmed tonight!

D

Deleted member

Hey East Coastians! I am East Coastian too. =P It is 1:06am here right now.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Geno has a very little chance of makeing it! This topic is funny.
How many characters do you think deserve the spot more than Geno?? Answer me that!
Then answer me this. How many characters do you think they will put into the game?

You answer = No Geno

Do that math, answer the questions, and tell me what you think the final roaster wil be?

D

Deleted member

Geno has a very little chance of makeing it! This topic is funny.
How many characters do you think deserve the spot more than Geno?? Answer me that!
Then answer me this. How many characters do you think they will put into the game?

You answer = No Geno

Do that math, answer the questions, and tell me what you think the final roaster wil be?
Your face is funny.

Who deserves it more than Geno? Well, are we talking Mario reps or everbody. Either way, he deserves it greatly and has an amazing chance.

REAL Answer = Geno has a bigger chance than any other Mario rep you can think of. Waluigi, Bowser Jr., Birdo, you name it.

The final roster will have Geno in it.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Your face is funny.
Who deserves it more than Geno? Well, are we talking Mario reps or everbody. Either way, he deserves it greatly and has an amazing chance.
REAL Answer = Geno has a bigger chance than any other Mario rep you can think of. Waluigi, Bowser Jr., Birdo, you name it.
The final roster will have Geno in it.
Geno had a very small role in 2 games. Hes only got a handful of fans.

Actually im talking about Mario, Luigi. Basicly all the ones we know that are gonna get into brawl.

Against answer the 2 question I asked.

How many characters do you think will be in the final roaster?
40?
50?
60?
65?
Think of all the Characters that we know will be in the game.
Theres 60 characters that deserve the spot more than Geno.
I will name them all if you would like.

Heres other questions.
How many 3rd party characters was Brawl supposed to have?
How many 3rd party characters do you think there will be?

King Dedede(5) - CONFIRMED!
Diddy Kong(4) - CONFIRMED!
Geno(4)
Ike(4) - CONFIRMED!
Ridley(4)

Looks like they purposely skipped one.

D

Deleted member

Geno had a very small role in 2 games. Hes only got a handful of fans.

Actually im talking about Mario, Luigi. Basicly all the ones we know that are gonna get into brawl.

Against answer the 2 question I asked.

How many characters do you think will be in the final roaster?
40?
50?
60?
65?
Think of all the Characters that we know will be in the game.
Theres 60 characters that deserve the spot more than Geno.
I will name them all if you would like.

Heres other questions.
How many 3rd party characters was Brawl supposed to have?
How many 3rd party characters do you think there will be?
DURR ICE CLIMBERS HAD 1 FREAKIN' GAME AND LOOK WHERE THEY ARE
Plus, how did he have a small role in SMRPG. Don't be a *******. Think before you post.

Name 60 characters that deserve it more for me pl0x.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
You didnt answer my question! Ice climbers HAD THEIR OWN GAME!!
It was a top selling game, they were the main characters. They deserve their spot.
Geno deserves nothing.

Answer my questions!!!

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
It was a top selling game, they were the main characters. They deserve their spot.
Geno deserves nothing.

Answer my questions!!!
He was on the poll, and one of the second wanted characters. It doesn't matter that you like him. Other people like him and enough people for him to be in. Just as much chance as Ridley and Ike.

D

Deleted member

Geno deserves nothing.

Answer my questions!!!
Geno was a main character in SMRPG. Not as much as Mario but he was very well known.

HERE IS YOUR ANSWER
Disscussing 2 1/2 Party characters... (Loopholes)
I know what you are all thinking, "What the heck is he talking about?" Well my friends I am here to discuss a legal-sorta loophole that means characters like Isaac, Geno and Dixie Kong can get in Brawl without being classified as third party.

First let me define what first, second and third party are. First party games are games like Mario and Zelda, who are DIRECTLY developed by Nintendo without a sub-company. Second party games are games like Pokemon and Fire Emblem, which are Nintendo games developed BY sub-companies (IE Game Freak and Intelligent Systems.) Now of course thir party games are games who are developed BY another company, and who hold the ABSOLUTE rights to the character.

Now this brings us into the realm of what I call "2 1/2" party characters, here is the classification for this. It is a game developed by Nintendo by a former sub-company who hold's PARTIAL rights to a character. Now here is where the fun begins; Rare and Camelot were both former Nintendo sub-companies that developed series for Nintendo (Don't know about Square though?)So that means Nintendo can use the Geno, Dixie, and Isaac without doing anything more than just putting a little "This is property of Square blah blah blah." Because it has Co-Owned ownership, it is not legally a third party character, because both Nintendo and their former sub-company once worked together to create the game and in the case of Geno and Dixie, fall under the Mario and Donkey Kong universe.

Do I have evidence of this, do I have evidence they can use whatever they want with nothing more than a little disclaimer. Yes, in fact not many people know this; it was done in Melee with RARE! If you look on page 4 in the Melee instruction booklet it reads as follows, "Rare Ltd. Certain characters and items from PERFECT DARK and DONKEY KONG COUNTRY 2. DONKEY KONG 64 rap music based on original DONKEY KONG 64 musiccourtesy of Rare Limited." Also at the top of the paragraph wheree it lists all the companies you'll also see RARE once more. Does this mean that the Donkey Kong Jungle stage is a third party stage? No, it means that Nintendo can use them, but hadd to give credit to RARE to not face lawsuit. And I want to point out again that third party related characters are characters created by a company that was and is not a part of Nintendo.

Another point I want to make on why a third PC must have been on a Nintendo system, it is because of this. When a character has a trophy it will show the sytem it comes come, now if you have someone like Master Chief; you'll have to mention Xbox. Which you just can't do! Microsoft is a rival and it just makes sense that you DO NOT want to promote another companies console. So they have to have a Nintendo to reference too, the ONLY reason Sega can do this is because the Wii VC has the Genesis on it, so advertising the Genesis is not much a big deal today, and Sonic is the biggest third party contender and he has had several Gameboy and DS games, which settles the whole Nintendo platform debate.

So based upon the evidence it proves that someone as popular as Geno can get in without ruining the chances of another popular conteder. *cough*Megaman*cough*

And means Geno AND Megaman can both get in, along with Isaac and Dixie; If they so choose. Thus truly making this the FAN's
game.

Please guy's respond, I want some dialogue on this issue. happy

[UPDATE]

I now have aquired new evidence that supports Geno as a co-owned character. It has come to my attention (I played the game again) that Geno made a cameo appearance in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. Now it does say that he is "Property od Square," but there is something rather interesting about this. Nintendo most likely did not go out of their way to ask permission to use Geno,
they just stuck him in their; with just a little disclaimer at the end. Now here's the punch-line, in the case of Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Nintendo and Sega had to go through a lot of of discussions before actually developing the game. As great of a game as M&L:SS was, do you honestly think Nintendo and Square had to do a lot of discussions before including him? No, the fact that 3 former Square employees worked on M&L and could so easily include Geno just solidifies my point. And how many Square musicians are working on Brawl? Oh yeah 3.

Now if you haven't noticed my main argument is of Geno, since he is the most highly attested character for Brawl. And I want to prove that he can be included in Brawl WITHOUT taking that final third party slot. Because I have come to be a Geno fan, as well as a Megaman fan; I have proof that it is possible for the two disputing sides to get what they want.

But for those of you who just refuse to believe Geno is anything BUT third party, lemme show you Sakurai's comment on third party PC's, "Anyways, at most we'll add another 1-2 characters [after Snake], maybe?" You see that last word at the end? MAYBE, people seem to forget that. Lemme show you this now.

King Dedede(5)
Diddy Kong(4)
Geno(4)
Ike(4)
Ridley(4)
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3)
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3)
Animal Crossing MC(2)
Claus(2)
Demiru(2)
Isaac(2)
Jeff(2)
Kawasima(2)
King K.Rool(2)
Lip(2)
Lucas(2)
Mega Man(2)
Oguma(2)
Ouendan(2)
Sukapon(2)

Notice Geno and Megaman on that list, this list is the list of the top most multiple voted for characters. This list is VERY representative of who has the best chances (excluding Kawashima and the bottom three Japan-only characters.) And since both Megaman and Geno OBVIOUSLY have huge fanbases. I think Sakurai can make an exception, AND to top it all off, the comment about only 1-2 more TPC's mysteriously vanished from the smash site after about 4 months being on there.

But this argument is for the skeptics. I think I have proven point-and-case, Megaman and Geno; the two most popular characters
right now.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I exspect about 35-37 will be in the final roster now and there are supposed to be only 1 or 2 more 3rd party. But wait there is no way there are 60 or even 10 that deserve to be in brawl more than Geno. I mean the 2 most wanted characters right now are Geno and Ridley. I'll even say Geno should get a stage too in the game.

If there are any Anit-Geno people here name just 10 who should be in Brawl before him.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Wow I liked reading that. I cant believe Mega man might not have to take up a 3rd party spot.
That brings alot of hope for alot of characters.

Now back to geno.
Supposeing what was written here is correct, (which it might not be) Geno needs deserve the spot to be on the limited roaster.

With a 40 character roaster theres no way in hell geno will be there.
With a 50 Character roaster Geno has little chances.
With 60+ then I believe Geno has a chance.

Just so I know how many characters do you think will be in the game?
Then I'll tell you the characters I believe deserve the spot more.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
If there are any Anit-Geno people here name just 10 who should be in Brawl before him.
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Donkey kong
Kirby
Bowser
Samus
Link
Yoshi
Sonic

Thats not the full list.
I dont think you helped the Geno team any with that statement

D

Deleted member

Who cares how many characters'll get in? The fact is that it doesn't matter what the number of characters there's gonna be. It is Sakurai's decision and Sakurai is very intrigued by what he has seen with Geno. This raises chances. He ranked a 4 on the poll . This raises the chances. Therefore at 40, he has a great chance of getting in.

GenocideMachine

Smash Cadet
I'd rather have mallow FFS than that pile of **** Geno. I thought he was lame back when I played SMRPG and I still think he's lame.

D

Deleted member

I'd rather have mallow FFS than that pile of **** Geno. I thought he was lame back when I played SMRPG and I still think he's lame.
Dude, Geno is more important in the Mario Universe than Mallow. Mallow was a cry baby whimp. Geno was a hero.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Excluding people that're in num nuts. >__>;;
Thats the point your missing. Theres plenty more that are just as deserving as these
guys includeing Mega man!

Answer this.

Do you think there will be more than 40 characters?
over 50?

D

Deleted member

Thats the point your missing. Theres plenty more that are just as deserving as these
guys includeing Mega man!

Answer this.

Do you think there will be more than 40 characters?
over 50?
I don't care. Geno'll be in though. even if there is 30. Geno will be in.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
I don't care. Geno'll be in though. even if there is 30. Geno will be in.
lol theres already 30 characters that are 99% confirmed like
Luigi
Ganndorf
Captain Falcon

You automaticly lose that one.
Enless you think they will take out Luigi??

Looks like I win

D

Deleted member

DURR NO **** LUIGI AND CAPT. FALCON'S IN

Ganondorf, eh. Not to sure but seriously. Ganondorf might not be back, he is rumoured but, yeah. =/

But you have won nothing yet. This war is still on. I might have to leave soon but I got people who have my back, I have guys like Pshycho or Snakz or Enigma or anyone else. I am recruiting a team to come to these forums to arrive with a BANG and show their support for Geno. Win Debates and help rub in the faces of people like you! No one will win or lose until Sakurai has made his decision.
characters, it don't matter. Geno's chances will stay the same as they are now which is higher than stoners whipping out a bong behind a 7/11.

Geno will prevail, Geno will make an impact. Geno will be ready for a **** mother****in' BRAWL!

Good Night! You have not seen the last of me, oh no, you haven't.

Top Bottom