• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
I like how you're all so sure Geno will make it in.

He's a relative nobody. As soon as you all get that through your head, the better.

Remember that polls and public opinion alone don't say who gets into Brawl. Sakurai and his team do. And Sakurai can't even get everyone he wants--HE has supervisors and bosses too, and I'm pretty sure there's a limit to how many non-Nintendo owned characters he can include.

I like how you are so sure that Geno won't make it in.

He is a cult and old school somebody. As soon as you get that through your head the better.

Remember that polls and public opinion do influence who is going to get into Brawl. It lets Sakurai and his team know who they should put in. And Sakurai can get Geno if he wants -- HE has supervisors and bosses too, but that doesn't matter since Geno is 2 and 1/2 Party so he doesn't count as non-Nintendo.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I like how you're all so sure Geno will make it in.

He's a relative nobody. As soon as you all get that through your head, the better.
Remember that polls and public opinion alone don't say who gets into Brawl. Sakurai and his team do. And Sakurai can't even get everyone he wants--HE has supervisors and bosses too, and I'm pretty sure there's a limit to how many non-Nintendo owned characters he can include.[/COLOR]
Yeah, you're so not a troll :rolleyes:

RDK

Smash Hero
I like how you are so sure that Geno won't make it in.

He is a cult and old school somebody. As soon as you get that through your head the better.

Remember that polls and public opinion do influence who is going to get into Brawl. It lets Sakurai and his team know who they should put in. And Sakurai can get Geno if he wants -- HE has supervisors and bosses too, but that doesn't matter since Geno is 2 and 1/2 Party so he doesn't count as non-Nintendo.
Stupidity FTL.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
The Outside the Internet arguement has been run into the dirt many times before, Not a single friend I have hasn't heard of SMRPG, and most of them want Geno to be put in the game, I mean this IS his final chance to get back on the gaming radar =S. Bowser Jr., Toad, and even Waluigi will still be around, but this means alot for Geno to get in.

RDK

Smash Hero
S. Bowser Jr., Toad, and even Waluigi will still be around, but this means alot for Geno to get in.
Well, let's just hope that, in any case, none of those characters make it in. ;)

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
I like how you say that I'm acting stupid when you come in here hoping that characters DON'T get in.

If you are going to troll then you have to make it so that your opinions make absolutely no sense, and make it so there are no obvious holes in your arguments. Everything you said as been proven wrong hardcore style, and it is obvious that you don't know exactly how popular Geno is.

Save all of our time by running along to tend to your bridge. You don't know how many tasty villagers may have ran by in the time of your absence.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Well, let's just hope that, in any case, none of those characters make it in. ;)
Well no one here is going to convince you to think other-wise, you've been a hater since day one, but like wise, you wont convince any of us to think differently

But lemme ask you this; If YOU think Geno wont be in Brawl, or Bowser Jr. or Waluigi (ugh, i never want to type his name in anything Brawl related again), then who will get the last Mario rep spot? it's pretty unlikely the Mario series will have only 4 reps. Hell Pokemon already has 4 reps, Zelda will most likely have 5

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
But lemme ask you this; If YOU think Geno wont be in Brawl, or Bowser Jr. or Waluigi (ugh, i never want to type his name in anything Brawl related again), then who will get the last Mario rep spot? it's pretty unlikely the Mario series will have 4 reps. Hell pokemon already has 4 reps, Zelda wil most likely have 5
You're not expecting Luigi in the game? If anything, it's 5 MINIMUM.

RDK

Smash Hero
You're not expecting Luigi in the game? If anything, it's 5 MINIMUM.
Beat me to the punch.

That having been said.....

then who will get the last Mario rep spot? it's pretty unlikely the Mario series will have only 4 reps. Hell pokemon already has 4 reps, Zelda wil most likely have 5
Who says he will be a Mario rep? He's hardly important enough to represent the entire Mario franchise. Again, he's owned by Square. He'd be a 3rd party character. And that takes away from more deserving 3rd parties (Megaman, Bomberman).

Um, yeah. Geno, yes, but no I'm-a-******-Bowser, Nobody-Loves-Me-Anymore, or Lanky-Hotdogman, please.
LMAO, you guys aren't that bad.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach

Who else is there?
Sorry, I was counting Yoshi as a Super Mario Bros. character instead of his own series >_<

But I highly expect a Super Mario. Bros newcomer. Geno would be my pick. I just hope it's not Waluigi (this is coming from a Waluigi fan, mind you. He needs to make more an impact in the Super Mario Bros./Wario series before he gets a playable character spot)

Snakz

Smash Ace
Beat me to the punch.

That having been said.....

Who says he will be a Mario rep? He's hardly important enough to represent the entire Mario franchise. Again, he's owned by Square. He'd be a 3rd party character. And that takes away from more deserving 3rd parties (Megaman, Bomberman).

LMAO, you guys aren't that bad.
The first was a typo on my part, i meant to say ONLY 4 reps, with the minimum being 5

And Geno IS part of the Mario universe, no question. The only way he'd be represented in a separate universe in the first place was if he had his own series like Yoshi DK and Wario have done, but obviously he hasn't accomplished that.

He's CO-owned by Square and Nintendo. Now honestly i dont know that for sure, but im willing to bet that's the case. So if that's the case, then all Nintendo would have to do is mention Square in the credits for Geno, no payments or anything. So Megaman can have his spot and Geno can be in too.

EDIT: If the case is that he is purely 3rd party, then it does come down to Geno or Megaman, and that's your opinion on who should be in between them, which i wont bother arguing about cause we know who you'd pick.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
So if that's the case, then all Nintendo would have to do is mention Square in the credits for Geno, no payments or anything. So Megaman can have his spot and Geno can be in too.
It was done in M&L:SSS, I don't see why they can't do it in Brawl.

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
The smashwiki page is much better guys.. you did a great job on it. I wish i had decent wiki skills :p

Snakz

Smash Ace
Ok, so Enlong wanted to join, he's now on the list, i read his post on what he knows

Didn't someone else want to join the Alliance?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think Sinn should have a spot in the Notable Geno members...Was around longer than I was

and one of the top posters

D

Deleted member

I think it'd still be nifty if everyone had a notable user spot like how they do on S.S.S kinda.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think it'd still be nifty if everyone had a notable user spot like how they do on S.S.S kinda.
Not everyone in the S.S.S. page is a notable user...

The others have some info, but not much in comparison...

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
I was the biggest Geno supporter over on GameFAQs and I got people interested in Geno and shot down all their arguements against him. You could say I'm one of the really good Geno debaters.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Geno is one of the most wanted characters, third party or not, he should be in. And he is a Mario rep because he originated from a Mario game

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
so did Yoshi...and by that logic Mario is a Donkey Kong character...

but I agree that Geno should be a Mario rep instead of his own series thing or w/e....its the most logical thing to do...

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
Geno's only ever been in Mario games. So it's not like they give him a different symbol then the mushroom.

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
I'm predicting a Star will be his symbol, if anything other than a mushroom.
possibly.. maybe Exor stuck in Bowser's castle?

On another note. Does anyone have the link to where Sakurai said that Geno will be considered first party if he makes it?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
possibly.. maybe Exor stuck in Bowser's castle?

On another note. Does anyone have the link to where Sakurai said that Geno will be considered first party if he makes it?
He doesn't say that per say, what is said is he doesn't consider Geno a non-nintendo "Guest" character like Megaman/ Snake/ Bomberman/ etc. He considers him a Mario character.

Of course the only place it says that is in the Melee and Brawl polls

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
He doesn't say that per say, what is said is he doesn't consider Geno a non-nintendo "Guest" character like Megaman/ Snake/ Bomberman/ etc. He considers him a Mario character.

Of course the only place it says that is in the Melee and Brawl polls
Could you link me to it, please?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Could you link me to it, please?
Unfortunetly I don't know where to find the originals, they are floating around somewhere

The Brawl is more subtle but it's orginized with 3rd party in a different "catergory"

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
Oh yeah, I remember voting for Geno in the polls. If he doesn't make it, I will throw my Wii out the wimdow.

Really I will. Legend of the Seven Stars is my favorite game, and if Geno isn't it, I think I am going to forget about Brawl and go beat RPG for the 89th time.

SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
hey guys. I would like to join your alliance because I have been a geno fan ever since i bought super mario rpg. he would make an exelent character for brawl and is my #1 on my list of hopefuls.

Top Bottom