• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Nope, that was me. I can't believe you can remember that. ^_^

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/dogdigger/sc000062bf.jpg <-There it is.

I was a bit disappointed with the Geno-less update today, but that was to be expected. Ten bucks on next week/week-and-a-half!

...Those Paper Mario Geno sprites were almost too good to be true. *shields eyes from greatness*
That picture is just made of pure win.

Was it you that predicted that he would be announced November 9th (which is a Friday)? I have a feeling that it'll happen soon, possibly around then. <3

Enigma14

Smash Champion

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
That picture is just made of pure win.

Was it you that predicted that he would be announced November 9th (which is a Friday)? I have a feeling that it'll happen soon, possibly around then. <3
Yeah, that was me. He'll be the next character update, that's for sure.

Geno for Braaaawl!

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Yeah, that was me. He'll be the next character update, that's for sure.

Geno for Braaaawl!
Its weird they haven't gotten to even the obvious characters yet...Luigi, Falcon...

g2g trick or treating, ill read everything you guys post tomorrow, later all!

GENO 4BRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Its weird they haven't gotten to even the obvious characters yet...Luigi, Falcon...

g2g trick or treating, ill read everything you guys post tomorrow, later all!

GENO 4BRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ultimate trick-or-treating quote for Geno costume: "I serve... a higher authority. And they request that you give me lots of candy."

...Okay, never mind. That was full of epic fail. :laugh:

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Boomer!!! That's it! Boomer in SSE!
Boomer, Smithy, Mallow, Booster, Valentina, Axems, Frogfucius, Yardovich, Mack, Bowyer, Boshi, Croco, Knife Guy and every other SMRPG character for BRAAAAAWL!

Or even better: Geno for Brawl, SMRPG enemy for boss, and follow-up sequel to SMRPG.

I bet it would be Gaz's dream to go trick or treating with Geno. :laugh:
Oh, heck yeah! What would be even better would be if Geno could shoot candy out of those badass guns of his.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
Boomer, Smithy, Mallow, Booster, Valentina, Axems, Frogfucius, Yardovich, Mack, Bowyer, Boshi, Croco, Knife Guy and every other SMRPG character for BRAAAAAWL!

Or even better: Geno for Brawl, SMRPG enemy for boss, and follow-up sequel to SMRPG.

Oh, heck yeah! What would be even better would be if Geno could shoot candy out of those badass guns of his.
i actually think Exor for AT would be win.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Yes! I would die of happiness if that was to happen. <3 Don't forget to add a few SMRPG ATs in Brawl as well.

Geno for Brawl, SMRPG enemy for boss, friendly SMRPG characters for ATs AND a direct sequel to SMRPG.

If that happens that'll be the perfect Christmas/Valentine's Day present. ^^

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
Yes! I would die of happiness if that was to happen. <3 Don't forget to add a few SMRPG ATs in Brawl as well.

Geno for Brawl, SMRPG enemy for boss, friendly SMRPG characters for ATs AND a direct sequel to SMRPG.

If that happens that'll be the perfect Christmas/Valentine's Day present. ^^
I'm more pumped for this than I was when I heard there was going to be an Animal Crossing sequel.

Dang, buy him back Nintendo. Buy him baaack!

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
I'm more pumped for this than I was when I heard there was going to be an Animal Crossing sequel.

Dang, buy him back Nintendo. Buy him baaack!
I remember hearing about the Animal Crossing sequel! xD But like you, I'm 9324579382759032 times more excited over this.

Nintendo seriously needs to buy him back. With as many fans as there are out there right now, who knows how much money Nintendo can make and how many fans they can make happy. <3

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
I remember hearing about the Animal Crossing sequel! xD But like you, I'm 9324579382759032 times more excited over this.

Nintendo seriously needs to buy him back. With as many fans as there are out there right now, who knows how much money Nintendo can make and how many fans they can make happy. <3
Put him in now, Sakurai- this wait is killing me! :(

SMRPG > All other RPG's. And you know it too, Miyamoto!

Nintendo/Square is just good at making me mad right now.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Put him in now, Sakurai- this wait is killing me! :(

SMRPG > All other RPG's. And you know it too, Miyamoto!

Nintendo/Square is just good at making me mad right now.
I'll offer Sakurai freshly-baked cookies if he puts Geno in now. Who can say no to homemade cookies? xD

Seriously, the madness is killing me. Please put it to an end! T^T I can't wait to see how he looks and what he sounds like. I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning waiting to open presents. xD

I remember you asked a while back about whether or not Geno can eat . . . I have no clue. xD I mean, he can heal with the mushrooms, but does he actually eat them? =/

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
I'll offer Sakurai freshly-baked cookies if he puts Geno in now. Who can say no to homemade cookies? xD

Seriously, the madness is killing me. Please put it to an end! T^T I can't wait to see how he looks and what he sounds like. I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning waiting to open presents. xD

I remember you asked a while back about whether or not Geno can eat . . . I have no clue. xD I mean, he can heal with the mushrooms, but does he actually eat them? =/
Bribing Sakurai with American sweets is the best we can do right now. :laugh:

Geno's bodily functions confuse me so. I mean, come on! He's a star/doll that can blink, sleep and think for itself [his self?]. Epic win if this is explained in Brawl/SMRPG 2.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
Bribing Sakurai with American sweets is the best we can do right now. :laugh:

Geno's bodily functions confuse me so. I mean, come on! He's a star/doll that can blink, sleep and think for itself [his self?]. Epic win if this is explained in Brawl/SMRPG 2.
I will be his personal baker for life if Geno is playable. xD

I never understood his bodily functions either. Like you said, he can blink, sleep and eat. He obviously feels pain because he falls in battle if he gets too weak. If he eats, does that mean he also uses the bathroom? xD Can he get sick?

How does it feel to perform those attacks? I mean, for his arm to transform into a gun? Summon energy in his hands? His body to turn into a cannon?

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
I will be his personal baker for life if Geno is playable. xD

I never understood his bodily functions either. Like you said, he can blink, sleep and eat. He obviously feels pain because he falls in battle if he gets too weak. If he eats, does that mean he also uses the bathroom? xD Can he get sick?

How does it feel to perform those attacks? I mean, for his arm to transform into a gun? Summon energy in his hands? His body to turn into a cannon?
*clutches head* Answers... needed... badly...

Sick Geno just makes me laugh for some reason. "The almighty Star Guardian is unable to battle due to the powerful forces of...

"THE COMMON COLD!"

For his attacks, I suppose it would be a natural feeling- like someone opening their mouth or moving their arm. How he feels when his arms blast off his body, though... that's a completely different story.

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
*clutches head* Answers... needed... badly...

Sick Geno just makes me laugh for some reason. "The almighty Star Guardian is unable to battle due to the powerful forces of...

"THE COMMON COLD!"

For his attacks, I suppose it would be a natural feeling- like someone opening their mouth or moving their arm. How he feels when his arms blast off his body, though... that's a completely different story.
xDDD

And the idea of his voice sounding stuffed up because of having a cold makes me laugh for some reason. xD

How does Geno get his arm back after he blasts it off at an enemy? I never understood that? And I'd be freaked if my arm suddenly flew off my body. O_O Wonder how he reacted when he discovered that . . .

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
xDDD

And the idea of his voice sounding stuffed up because of having a cold makes me laugh for some reason. xD

How does Geno get his arm back after he blasts it off at an enemy? I never understood that? And I'd be freaked if my arm suddenly flew off my body. O_O Wonder how he reacted when he discovered that . . .
:laugh: Man, now I want to see my favorite Brawler with a cold!

http://nintendo-nut1.deviantart.com/art/SMRPG-Enter-Geno-Page-11-58483931

^ (No, I didn't draw this ^_^) I remember this from a while back... seeing Geno's reaction made this epic win and my favorite page of the comic. Really though, I think Geno would have just played it cool and been like, "Well, there goes my arm. Lol, amputation!"

paralasalud

Smash Ace
geno might be like al from full metal alchemist and eat just to be there for dinner. then he just disposes of it later.

actually, i'm not sure if that actually happened in FMA but i vaguely remember something like it. otherwise i'm making it up.

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
geno might be like al from full metal alchemist and eat just to be there for dinner. then he just disposes of it later.

actually, i'm not sure if that actually happened in FMA but i vaguely remember something like it. otherwise i'm making it up.
Full Metal Alchemist...? *is anime deficit* ^^;;

Nintendo has left too many questions unanswered. *points viciously at NOA building* Answer them, d*mn your eyes!

Super Mario Whirled

Smash Journeyman
I am kind of confused so I will change the subject.... Who do you think Geno will be pair with in the subspace emessaty?
If you mean in Team mode, then: Mario, Peach or Bowser- just for the sake of old times. (That and nobody wants to be Bowser's partner. XD) And, if by the very slim margin Mallow makes it in, he would be the ideal.

Mallow/Geno Brawl team up FTW!

Snakz

Smash Ace
If you mean in Team mode, then: Mario, Peach or Bowser- just for the sake of old times. (That and nobody wants to be Bowser's partner. XD) And, if by the very slim margin Mallow makes it in, he would be the ideal.

Mallow/Geno Brawl team up FTW!
Eh, with all the stuff we've seen on the Subspace teams, none of the pairs have made sense (except maybe the mario and sonic one), So i dont have any reason to think Geno would be paired with anyone that made sense like Mario or Bowser or Peach, probably someone like....Lucas....the ultimate magic team!!

For some reason this JUST crossed my mind. When Brawl comes out and everyone gets to see how great Geno is, it'll have added TONS of support to an already heavily demanded petition for an SMRPG sequel! Nintendo will have to heed our demands!

Nintendo, if your reading this and you know Geno is in Brawl, you might as well get started now on that sequel!! :p

D

Deleted member

Geno should team up with Dedede or Lucas. Something that we will never see coming. Maybe even Sonic.

PopFusion

Smash Apprentice
Why would Sakurai even put Geno in Brawl, I mean im not hating, but he was in one game, so why would they put him in it. I mean, I wouldn't mind him being in it, but he's nothing like big.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
Why would Sakurai even put Geno in Brawl, I mean im not hating, but he was in one game, so why would they put him in it. I mean, I wouldn't mind him being in it, but he's nothing like big.
-One Game
Please go talk to Lucas, Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch before you make comments like these. The number of games a character has been in plays no role. Quality games and characters are what is needed, so as long as those criteria are met I see no reason why ANYONE can't make it into Brawl, especially Geno. He also made a cameo appearence in a second game, Superstar Saga.

-Nothing Big
Go tell his poll rankings this. I am sure they will get a kick out of it. Geno is huge, having one of the biggest fanbases surrounding any Brawl character, being Rivaled by Ridley and Lucario alone. Geno was a great character in the game(s) he was included in. He undoubtely has one of the most unique moveset possibilities, is totally unique, and screams Nintendo. I see no reason why he shouldn't be in. He was and is HUGE.

PopFusion

Smash Apprentice
^ okay first of all, I like Geno, but I mean i get your point with Lucas and the others, but I mean he's not the main character of Super Mario RPG unlike the other 3 guys and 1 girl. I don't try to hurt anyone but I mean I really couldn't see him fit in brawl [like lucario]

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
^ okay first of all, I like Geno, but I mean i get your point with Lucas and the others, but I mean he's not the main character of Super Mario RPG unlike the other 3 guys and 1 girl. I don't try to hurt anyone but I mean I really couldn't see him fit in brawl [like lucario]
Totally controversed yourself. Who is the main character of the Pokemon games? Pokemon Trainer. Except for that one Pokemon spinoff game where you played as the Pokemon.

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
To be honest, he was just as much a main character as Mallow, the only other one unique to this game, and despite having less dialogue, was overall more important to the story. And all the other main characters aren't very represenative of the game, seeing as they're reoccuring.

I'm not saying you don't like him. I'm just saying that he IS eligible, and if they can make Mr. Game & Watch and Cap. Falcon work out, they can do Geno easily.

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
What are you talking about. Geno is defined as a main character in SMRPG. A main character is a character who has a drastic influence on the games story. When the game first started It was just Mario and Mallow on a journey to find his parents and rescue the princess while collecting "mysterious stars" in between. It wasnt until they met Geno that they found out that if they didnt find the star pieces and repair the star road that peoples wishes would no longer come true. That was when they began to travel together. I'd say all 5 of the characters in that game are easily main characters. However, Geno stands out more than the others simply because he changed the face of their journey COMPLETELY into one that benefited the entire Mario world, and Geno was there to help fight for peoples wishes too. (In a totally awesome way lol)

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
If you're saying Geno isn't as big a main character as Mario, Bowser, Mallow (Geno less important to the game than Mallow? WTF?) or Peach, just the story of the game itself proves you wrong.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Mallow is not more important than Geno, I think they are building up the hype to confirm him in a few weeks.
Umm, what exactly is Sakurai doing to build hype for Geno? im pretty sure it's just us building the hype ourselves

Actually, yea, he could just be doing so by slowly dwindelling down to the last two most requested characters (and im not undermining Krystal or Olimar or those 3 votes characters, im talkin about the 4 vote characters)

Top Bottom