• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Enigma14

Smash Champion
i was bored and did a couple of Geno recolors:

old-school Geno fans who had the player's guide should recognize these as the Mega Cape, Sailor Cape and the Fire Cape.

and if you don't....well, then i guess i didn't do a very good job. :D
yes, i too am like pomfrod, though i havent yet played the game through, i've played the game and geno well deserves to be in brawl.

El HP i may be new to the site, but im not new to boards, and im sorry but i have to agree with everyone else- your posts are just... absurd.

AllanT what are you talking about?

Fav. is Fire Geno. Good work DarkSpidey!

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Hey hey, I have a question for you guys.

I've recently been hearing some stuff that Sakurai speficically stated that he doesn't really consider Geno a 3rd Party character, despite his ties to SE. Now I've been wondering how legitimate that claim is, so can any of you link me to where this is stated? (If it exists)

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Hey hey, I have a question for you guys.

I've recently been hearing some stuff that Sakurai speficically stated that he doesn't really consider Geno a 3rd Party character, despite his ties to SE. Now I've been wondering how legitimate that claim is, so can any of you link me to where this is stated? (If it exists)
Its in this thread somewhere, theres a list where he states that characters are 1st,
2nd and 3rd party.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
It doesn't matter weather Sakurai considers him 2nd party or not it matters weather Square considers him second party or not.

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
Wow! I love those recolours! Do you mind if use them for a little something I'm making?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Hey, I'm really hopin' for Geno, but I mean there so much fuss about him already and he's not even mentioned in the game yet. Of course i'd be pissed a little... But I'd be humored after a while.
Same here. s/he (Shadowbolt) thought you were a hater. Anyways yeah if hes in, hes in, if not, then that sucks.

TBone06

Smash Ace
man if Geno isnt in Brawl it'd feel much worse than getting kicked in the nuts, for me at least

KritikalError

Smash Apprentice
I'm most certianly not a hater xD, so I apoligize for coming off like that.

If Geno were in that game He'd be an automatic character for me. (:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey, did anyone notice this thread has more views than the Mega Man thread now?
my goodness...this thread has 700 more views than when I was here last...It used to just have 200 more views than the Megaman thread...but wow...

'course they have more now too

TBone06

Smash Ace
I hope Geno's announced this week, or next week because of Mario Galaxy. SOOON NONETHELESS

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Question.

If Geno had his gun like elements implemented in BRAWL, would you have to do button combos to use the different guns?

Kritikal in what way can you contribute to this thread?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Question.

If Geno had his gun like elements implemented in BRAWL, would you have to do button combos to use the different guns?
I pictures his guns as various Smash attacks and such, and his rapid fire being the finger gun, stuff like that

TBone06

Smash Ace
I pictures his guns as various Smash attacks and such, and his rapid fire being the finger gun, stuff like that
yeah Id think like his over smash might be a finger shot, up might be his star gun, and his down maybe like an explosion.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Finger Shot
Hand Gun
Double Punch
Hand Cannon
Star Gun

If I could see the animations I could decide the buttons, you guys and girls as well.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Unless they want to make Geno play VERY unique, I doubt they'd give him projectiles as regular A attacks. I imagine he'd use sort of explosion punches with his rocket wrists for Smash attacks, but that's really the extent of it. My thoughts?

B: Star Gun
B>: Geno Whirl
B^: Geno Boost
Bv: Geno Blast
FS: Geno Flash

Geno Beam just seems too big and powerful for a simple B attack, and Geno Flash seems to be the general consensus for his FS.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Unless they want to make Geno play VERY unique, I doubt they'd give him projectiles as regular A attacks. I imagine he'd use sort of explosion punches with his rocket wrists for Smash attacks, but that's really the extent of it. My thoughts?

Geno Beam just seems too big and powerful for a simple B attack, and Geno Flash seems to be the general consensus for his FS.
Not the way I made Geno Beam, it acts sorta like Master hands finger beam, but only 1...you can control the direction but your unable to move while doing it. Plus the time it fires is based on how long you charge

KritikalError

Smash Apprentice

Thats a great Moveset! But I figured that Bv would be Geno Flash and the FS would eb Geno beam. Sort of like Samus's FS.

Yet, the Geno Flash and Geno Blast works very well, too...

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman

I had to rush.. I'm kinda busy today. So I just fused them all into one picture. I think it's decent for a 5 minute job. The font got all screwed up for some reason, but oh well.

KritikalError

Smash Apprentice
Man, wouldn't Geno's own videogame be awesome? Like, his Story and where he's from (His Origins) and his world and things like that? I think it would be pretty sweet. (:

TBone06

Smash Ace

I had to rush.. I'm kinda busy today. So I just fused them all into one picture. I think it's decent for a 5 minute job. The font got all screwed up for some reason, but oh well.
I like the font like that, I dont think it got screwed up

Enigma14

Smash Champion

Whirl is alright. Boost he would glow for a short while. His down is hard. Disagree with star gun should be his beam.

Liek what Pyscho said, depends on the charge time, however what if he were to get interrupted before it fires?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd68/GenoStrike/GenoAlliance-altcostumes.jpg

What program did you make it in?

It matters what happened by that

SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
We will get some kind of character next week. Newcomemr or Veteran. Let's hope it's Geno

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We will get some kind of character next week. Newcomemr or Veteran. Let's hope it's Geno
Well, if it goes by the "Pattern" if it so can be called...Shiek will be the next newcomer assuming she/he/it is in the game...unless they see Shiek as some kind of special case...

C'mon Geno though, be the next newcomer!

Top Bottom