• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Yea, i didn't quite understand what you mean by that, it changes when he gets hit?
No look at the vid of Mario versus Samus

The beam isnt charged yes. Its huge, yes. It attacks continously, yes.

Geno's beam would be big to, but it would hit the opponent and send them flying, but not in a instant kill way, just up for a bit, and it shrinks after it fires.

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
The hat is really the only thing that gives Geno a height advantage, and since he is going to probably get a new character design in Brawl that is subject to change.

I could see him being as tall as Mario though.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
the real question is how much distance would the Geno Beam cover? if it's a constant beam that covers a large distance and disappears, like in SMRPG, then it may be overpowered.

maybe it could be similar to Fox's blaster, but significantly wider (and slower), so that he fires the beam and it actually leaves his gun and travels across the stage.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
the real question is how much distance would the Geno Beam cover? if it's a constant beam that covers a large distance and disappears, like in SMRPG, then it may be overpowered.

maybe it could be similar to Fox's blaster, but significantly wider (and slower), so that he fires the beam and it actually leaves his gun and travels across the stage.
Or its a mid. sized beam that fires quickly that hits the opponents once and dissapears after being charged.

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
I"m sure that it is going to be a gigantic super awesome B move that owns everything in it's path like that. It would probably be one long beam that would go about 1/2 the size of the Bride of Eldin (SP?). It would do Moderate Damage and possibly be Geno's KO Move.

Who cares about Geno being overpowered anyway? Wouldn't that be a good thing? Someone has to be Top Tier in the game since you can't perfectly balance everything.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I"m sure that it is going to be a gigantic super awesome B move that owns everything in it's path like that. It would probably be one long beam that would go about 1/2 the size of the Bride of Eldin (SP?). It would do Moderate Damage and possibly be Geno's KO Move.

Who cares about Geno being overpowered anyway? Wouldn't that be a good thing? Someone has to be Top Tier in the game since you can't perfectly balance everything.
Look @ MK AND SONIC

TBone06

Smash Ace

I like your thinking, I can see it being like a beam the size of his arm. When it's shot it's like Pikachu's thundershock wear it travels (I guess it would be like Fox's blaster) But maybe you can charge it like Samus' charge ball. But you guys would know better than I would

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
Geno HAS to have his Geno Beam. Keeping it from being an unfair advantage is tricky though. Maybe it could be an attack that instead of launches foes knocks them over, but still does significant damage. Of course it would require charge for more strength.

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
I'm not willing to say that MK and Sonic are going to be Top Tier until the game actually comes out.

Meta-Knight = Noob Friendly Character
Sheik = Noob Friendly Character in Melee

Sheik wasn't top tier, because later after the game came out people started Waveshining/Shine Spiking so Fox became Top Tier.

Until the ins and outs of the game is discovered I am not willing to say that MK and Sonic are top tier.

"Hold in Y for more damage"

Looks like it should be a chargeable move.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Or its a mid. sized beam that fires quickly that hits the opponents once and dissapears after being charged.
that could work too. but it would have to have a limited range. it can't reach all the way across the stage like Samus's charge beam, cause that would be too massive. very cool, but too massive.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFs03SufCck

The scene at 7:20 is hilarious especially mallow, i like when gaz says "mario needs all the help he can get" and mallow has to hold him back and then they try to walk back into mario and they run into him LOL.......
Thank you!

There's recoil! Of course. See his beam is huge and it dissappears it would knock someone over at most not like Samus' FS

TBone06

Smash Ace

This was what I hope to see sometime this week:D:D:D
then the next day I hope we hear something about his moves so we can find out how they'd incorporate the Geno Beam

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i dont care what his moves are... as long as hes in the game. he could suck in the game for all i care as long as hes in there(personally i dont think geno would be bad in the game hes just too awsome )

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
Me again.

I just thought I'd share more of my thoughts on Geno in Brawl.

I think it's almost universally accepted that Geno's Forward+B move will be the Geno Whirl, but I think it hasn't been discussed enough how it can work. In my mind, the Geno Whirl could work like this: Geno launches the disk at a high speed, doing decent damage to an enemy. However, it should have barely any knockback power, and opponents suffer no stun from it. Here's the juicy part: if you press B again at just the right time (TIMED HIT) it becomes a smash attack "the numbers "9999" could appear where you pressed it".

Also, regarding Mallow as an assist trophy, he could have a mechanic where he's granted a new attack for every SMRPG character on the stage (Mario, Bowser, Peach, Geno). It could work like this: 0 characters = Froggy Stick, 1 Character = Cymbals, 2 Characters = Thunderbolt, 3 Characters = Snowy, 4 Characters = Star Rain.

Lastly, has anyone seen the wikipedia page for the Virtual Console? They've taken off Super Mario RPG as a pending title. What's up with that?

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
Wikipedia can be edited by anyone, so that doesn't effect me at all.

But the Geno Whirl seems like a pretty good idea, but I don't think they would have Mallow as an assist trophy. It would be neat, but I don't see it happening.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Still Geno & Mallow as PC's would be perfect...

Have the whole RPG crew there!

KAFOR

Smash Apprentice
No, no, no. This is not the way to look at it. Even if this 'Geno' character is top tier, he shouldn't be "over" powered in anyway. Balancing the game is the best way to insure fun and fair gameplay for everyone.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
that'd be sweet, I'd love for that to happen. It would be perfect. But what are the chances of Mallow?
Well he was on the poll...Forgot how many votes he had...

Mallow better not get in OVER Geno though...that would suck...

Enigma14

Smash Champion
No, no, no. This is not the way to look at it. Even if this 'Geno' character is top tier, he shouldn't be "over" powered in anyway. Balancing the game is the best way to insure fun and fair gameplay for everyone.
Someone who doesn't know Geno who wants him to be fair, your polite, unlike all the other haters/trolls who don't know him.

But w/ Whirl you can't go over 9999 so it would be 999

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
The beam would STILL be too big, dude - even if it's only for a moment. If it's as big as his body, AND stretches on for that long, that's overkill, plain and simple.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The beam would STILL be too big, dude - even if it's only for a moment. If it's as big as his body, AND stretches on for that long, that's overkill, plain and simple.
The beam doesn't have to be as big as it is in the game...Just add no knockback and very little damage, plus make it thin...

It'll be like a required charge (Like Samus) version of Fox's gun but constant instead of rapid fire (The required charge for more time being the disadvantage of it...

Maybe sweeping, like my idea was

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Eh - true; who's to say it has to look exactly the same? It's been 12 years, afterall. >.>

And Blast? I prefer my idea of it being like a charged, spiraling thunder attack - the longer you charge, the more light spirals around you.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Eh - true; who's to say it has to look exactly the same? It's been 12 years, afterall. >.>

And Blast? I prefer my idea of it being like a charged, spiraling thunder attack - the longer you charge, the more light spirals around you.
That's a good idea for Geno Blast

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
You misconstrued what I said.

In this game there are going to be tiers. Balancing the game is going to happen but it is impossible to balance a game in such a way that everyone is fair since glitches will be discovered and all the characters will be diverse. I don't care if Geno is high tier because of one move that would be awesome.

I said I don't care if he is overpowered. All I care about is that he is in the game since that will give him the chance to be recognized world wide again.

D

Deleted member

That'd be quite nifty.

I can imagine for his FS as Geno Flash and the retuen of the spikey red dude. Lol.

SPIKEY RED DUDE THAT COMES OUT OF THE CANNON WHEN GENO USES GENO FLASH FOR BRAWL

Sinn

Smash Lord
Someone who doesn't know Geno who wants him to be fair, your polite, unlike all the other haters/trolls who don't know him.

But w/ Whirl you can't go over 9999 so it would be 999
Well let's think for a sec...Game and Watch has Judgment Hammer with a move that can randomly one hit KO...if Geno Whirl had the same odds to do 999 damage...that would be sweet >.>

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
True, G&W CAN randomly deal an instant KO, but he's really just a gimmik character - do we really want that for Geno?

Oh - and Geno AND Mallow being playable? I don't expect it in the least - I'd rather not push my luck; Geno would be more than enough to put a smile on my face. It WOULD be awesome though - then put Smithy as a boss, and we'd have a complete revival.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
True, G&W CAN randomly deal an instant KO, but he's really just a gimmik character - do we really want that for Geno?

Oh - and Geno AND Mallow being playable? I don't expect it in the least - I'd rather not push my luck; Geno would be more than enough to put a smile on my face. It WOULD be awesome though - then put Smithy as a boss, and we'd have a complete revival.
i'd don't see how giving Geno a random chance to deal extra damage makes him any more gimmicky than Peach, Luigi, Jigglypuff, etc.

TBone06

Smash Ace

QFT, that would be pushing our luck for Mallow, I'm good with just Geno

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
... Besides - that's not how it worked in SMRPG. Whirl's massive damage was triggered, not random.

Top Bottom