• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the official deoxys whatever thread.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i have an idea, deoxys could have each transformation (attack, speed, defense) on a b button.
attack would be b>, speed would be b^, defense would be down b. regular b would be a move that was available to all forms, and then each form would have it's own move. like if i went into attack mode(B>), pressing the b> again would give me an attack unique to that form. normal is the base form that you play from the start, and you can throw off a transformation by taunting, like kirby does. and then to make up for normal form having only 1b move, the special move would be done in normal mode. what do you think?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok so what happens when u transform in any of those forms? does deoxys gets another moveset? or will he just transform to look cooler?

Seriously transformations replacing the special moves, havin 4 movesets for one character is ********...

Stryks

Smash Hero
So the main attacks will change for all 4 movesets... lame...

Why is it hard to imagine the froms to be part of the animation?!

Attack form when attacking
Defense mode when defending
Speed mode when running/doing a dash type attack
Normal when doing nothig

It would be easier not only for the developers, but for us smasher to main him and master him way more easier then switching forms in mid battle and allowing the oponents to attack when were vulnerable (when switching forms)

a_oznerol

Smash Rookie
I am thinking since so many people are arguing saying it would take up too much memory that when you choose him/her/it at the character screen, when you change the color of him/her/it, instead of color changing, it would be changing the type. That would make it fair for those who have to face him/her/it so they don't have to face someone who excels at everything.

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
I am thinking since so many people are arguing saying it would take up too much memory that when you choose him/her/it at the character screen, when you change the color of him/her/it, instead of color changing, it would be changing the type. That would make it fair for those who have to face him/her/it so they don't have to face someone who excels at everything.
That's another approach, but remember the colors are used to identify teams, so you still need them.

And it wouldn't take up too much memory if they use the transformation approach. Just the models for about 3 character variations, which is not that much.

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
I wrote here and here my views on how could Deoxys work if they implemented it as a shapeshifting character.

People like Stryks have a point when they say the 4 forms could be shown as just animations; however, the forms is what makes Deoxys distinct from other humanshape Pokémon in every media. And as seen in Pokémon Ranger, they can last as much as Deoxys wants (and they're even named "Forms" officially).

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
He could just change forms whenever you do something. Like when you dash, he is the speed form. Idle is the normal. Blocking is defense. Attacking is power.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Having Deoxys change forms for every single action in the middle of battle would be the most annoying/distracting inclusion into the game ever because Smash is quick paced, and its characters are constantly moving. Imagine if Deoxys had a different costume/form every single time he attacked in the air. How broken would the character animation be while doing short hop attacks? It just wouldn't work out. I shudder to think of the glitchyness animations would have if wave dashing returned and this happened.

Not only would it be distracting, it would be completely useless. It'd be adding it in just because they could. The bigger problem is that it would take away from the versatility of the differnt forms. The creators have the option of actually using the four forms for something creative like different stats or whatever, and they decide to waste it on a frivolous novelty like a differnet form while shielding? eww

I say Deoxys should stay in one form, the attack form because it's the best :p, and one form only. But I know a lot of fans would be dissapointed if that happened so here's my second idea. He should shape shift like Sheik. Press down B, and while the transition animation occurs hold any of the four directions on the control stick to choose which form to switch to.

I'm not going into the different forms he should have. People probably have come up with much more creative ideas than I will ever care to spend the time on. Might I suggest Speed Deoxys be like wearing the bunny hood, and Defense be like using the metal box item though?

Oh, and finally. Deoxys is an ugly freak who I'd hate to see in 3-D animation form. Digimon>Pokemon forever.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Lol at commonyoshi, anyway IDC what they do with the forms, being diferent animations or not, but I find ir ******** to give 4 movesets to deoxys per form, it will take u days, if not weeks to completely master the character, and u would be vulnerable between switching movesets...

Azukki

Smash Apprentice
I support this. There`s obviously going to be at least one new Pokemon, so it might as well be this awesome one.

And he would be a very unique character, regardless if you control his trasformations or if it`s automatic.

tirkaro

Smash Champion

Mars-

Smash Champion
Rofl, I think they should make a thread, "The Official NO MORE POKEMON IN BRAWL Thread" seriously, pikachu and jigglypuff were good chars, but adding all these new pokemon like pichu and mewtwo, they are just sorta a waste of chars. Keep them in the pokeballs where they belong.

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
Pichu will probably disappear, don't worry. Jigglypuff would stay and in fact has stayed because SSBM players like it, not because it shows what Pokémon has.

commonyoshi, you can't mention those glitches unless you're developing the game and know its vulnerabilities.

The switching of the Forms (notice the initial caps again meaning it's an official name) at will is nothing more than a mirror of how Deoxys works in the Pokémon media franchise, and not a crazy fan-invented way to see the four of them. The text of its trophy (or trophy-like item) would probably say something like "Deoxys can switch to one of its Forms according to its mood" (meaning or not meaning "at will").

I used to feel unconfortable before when defending the sanity of the idea of SSB transformations as the way to map these form transformations because I had no other foundation than Destiny Deoxys. But there's Pokémon Ranger now and the whole mission dedicated to the Forms.

BTW the meteorites in Veilstone City are specifically made for Deoxys and its Forms. Because of this they're going to give away Deoxys in Japan when the 10th movie is released.

Seraphim

Smash Rookie
Deoxys could have potential, providing he has a good moveset and isn't too overpowering. As for the forms, maybe correspond each form to a different b move? Well that's all I've got.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Rofl, I think they should make a thread, "The Official NO MORE POKEMON IN BRAWL Thread" seriously, pikachu and jigglypuff were good chars, but adding all these new pokemon like pichu and mewtwo, they are just sorta a waste of chars. Keep them in the pokeballs where they belong.
you can have your opinion and all, but only 2 pokemon characters wouldn't really do the series justice. I mean, yeah, pichu was a waste, but mewtwo? He was still a major pokemon. I mean, in the games, he was THE pokemon to catch. if you catch him, you've pretty much beaten red & blue. he was kinda like the final boss in the old pokemon games. and he starred in the very first pokemon movie, giving him a lot of popularity.

but anyway, to be honest, the only 2 pokemon I want in brawl is lucario and deoxys.

deoxys is very similar to mewtwo in terms of role in the R/S/E/F/L games, and had a major role in one of the more popular pokemon movies. and his moveset would be extremely unique.
Lucario also seems to be the most popular pokemon choice for brawl, which I guess was because of his movie, and his large fanbase.

if they remove pichu, that would make about 4-5 pokemon. thats still a reasonable number, being that the mario series has 6 current characters (hell, perhaps we should make a "official no more MARIO characters" thread, lol XD)

but I understand where your coming from. there are plenty of downright bad pokemon suggestions littering smashboards, like wobuffet and blaziken.(although for some reason, I find the idea of magikarp in brawl to be absolutely hilarious :laugh: ) but I personally think deoxys and lucario would be the more reasonable pokemon choices for brawl. well, whatever you think.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im with tirkaro all the way, deoxys and lucario are the obvious choice for brawl, with pikachu that makes 3, im sure hoping mewtwo doesnt get cut, and sakurai stated he actualyl wanted him in SSB, so that kinda proves he likes him... so anyway my list is:

Pikachu
deoxys
lucario
mewtwo

Jiggly aint in cause of what kirbys profile says on the smashbros.com update, and because jiggly was the substitute of pit in the past games, now that hes here, I c little reason why she should stay *hiding behind anti-flame shield against jiggly fans*, pichu is gone so that makes my list...

and seeing how munchlax is ridicolously popular in japan, he may get in brawl >.>

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
The only reason the movies exist is so you can watch legendarys fight eachother.
1. Mewtwo vs. Mew
2. Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Lugia in a battle royale
3. Entei vs. Unknown
4. Mewtwo vs. Everyone
5. Celebi but he is lame
6. Latios and Latias
7. Deoxys vs. Rayquaza
8. Lucario vs. Everyone
9. Manaphy is a homo
10. Palkia vs/ Dialga vs. Darkurai (Hardcore)

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
thats a great reson for them to exist, but the fights always stop cos ash cries, and his tears touch the pokemons' hearts....or some crap. i hate ash. who gives their pidgeot away? what a turd.

and yes, celebi and manaphy are crappy. suicune is in the celebi movie though, and hes the real deal!

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Suicune is sweet. I wish they would just make the next movie Mewtwo vs. Mew vs. Zapdos vs. Moltres vs. Articuno vs. Entei vs. Suicune vs. Raikou vs. Lugia vs. Celebi vs. Latios vs. Latias vs. Regice vs. Registeel vs. Regirock vs. Groudon vs. Kogrye vs. Rayquaza vs. Deoxys vs. Jirachi vs. Palkia vs. Dalgia vs. Giratina vs. Rotom vs. Arceus vs. Darkurai vs. Azelf vs. Mesprit vs. All other legendaries in one epic battle royale.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
It's funny to read all the Pokemon nerds arguing...

Anyway, I don't know anything about Pokemon, but I have to say in my humble opinion that Deoxys looks really dumb. One of the oddest looking Pokemon ever.

tirkaro

Smash Champion

Anyway, I don't know anything about Pokemon, but I have to say in my humble opinion that Deoxys looks really dumb. One of the oddest looking Pokemon ever.
hay, looks aren't everything you know O:<

anyway, the oddest pokemon ever has to go to spoink. seriously, it's a cross beteen a spring and a pig. need I say more?

Fawriel

Smash Master

What did you say? I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
hay, looks aren't everything you know O:<

anyway, the oddest pokemon ever has to go to spoink. seriously, it's a cross beteen a spring and a pig. need I say more?
Well, there are a number of odd Pokemon, but Deoxys has very odd limbs and other strange appendages. I just meant he looked very odd as ones who is potentially a playable character...

He has four forms, you have to like one of them...
The normal one has a weird airplane head and airplane wing legs along with DNA strand arms. Speed has like ballerina legs, a weird fin on the back of his head, and spaghetti arms. I suppose the attack one looks alright, but all of them have like bizarre arms and stubby legs...

deoxys is very similar to mewtwo in terms of role in the R/S/E/F/L games, and had a major role in one of the more popular pokemon movies. and his moveset would be extremely unique.
Lucario also seems to be the most popular pokemon choice for brawl, which I guess was because of his movie, and his large fanbase.
As I said, I don't know much about the Pokemon series, but I didn't realize Deoxys' importance in that sense. I'm not exactly opposed to him being in, he is just a very odd one to look at, and I can't get over that...

if they remove pichu, that would make about 4-5 pokemon. thats still a reasonable number, being that the mario series has 6 current characters (hell, perhaps we should make a "official no more MARIO characters" thread, lol XD)
I don't mind 4-5 Pokemon, assuming we have at least 40-45 characters. You have a tough case with the "no more Mario characters," though because it is just such an integral series and it's everywhere. I kind of said the same thing because of its proliferation (sports games, party games, etc.), but I kind of think you need to get all the key characters in the Mario franchise.

If you ask me who those are, though, I'd have to say just Toad is the only other that comes to mind. (Maybe a couple others you could argue.) In any case, I would HATE to see purely party game characters in Brawl such as Waluigi and Daisy...ugh....:urg:

Anyway, thanks for looking at what I had to say and not flaming me (since I know nothing about Pokemon beyond Red and Blue:laugh:)

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Well, there are a number of odd Pokemon, but Deoxys has very odd limbs and other strange appendages. I just meant he looked very odd as ones who is potentially a playable character...

The normal one has a weird airplane head and airplane wing legs along with DNA strand arms. Speed has like ballerina legs, a weird fin on the back of his head, and spaghetti arms. I suppose the attack one looks alright, but all of them have like bizarre arms and stubby legs...

As I said, I don't know much about the Pokemon series, but I didn't realize Deoxys' importance in that sense. I'm not exactly opposed to him being in, he is just a very odd one to look at, and I can't get over that...

yeah, deoxys may look..........eh......different, but hey, there are a lot of wierd looking suggestions too. I mean, geno is a big-headed puppet with a cape! ridley is a giant bony dragon thing! meta knight is a ball with a cape and a sword!
but yeah, deoxys is a very odd one to look at, at first. when I first saw him in saw him in emerald, I went "WTF?!!!??" but over time, I got used to his look, and I wouldn't want it any other way ^_^

I don't mind 4-5 Pokemon, assuming we have at least 40-45 characters. You have a tough case with the "no more Mario characters," though because it is just such an integral series and it's everywhere. I kind of said the same thing because of its proliferation (sports games, party games, etc.), but I kind of think you need to get all the key characters in the Mario franchise.

If you ask me who those are, though, I'd have to say just Toad is the only other that comes to mind. (Maybe a couple others you could argue.) In any case, I would HATE to see purely party game characters in Brawl such as Waluigi and Daisy...ugh....:urg:

Anyway, thanks for looking at what I had to say and not flaming me (since I know nothing about Pokemon beyond Red and Blue:laugh:)
I wasn't actually being serious with the mario thing, but yeah, mario is nintendo's no 1 series, and will obviously have a truckload of characters.
and I dont normally flame people anyway, unless they flame me, or REALLY tick me off.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
yeah, deoxys may look..........eh......different, but hey, there are a lot of wierd looking suggestions too. I mean, geno is a big-headed puppet with a cape! ridley is a giant bony dragon thing! meta knight is a ball with a cape and a sword!
but yeah, deoxys is a very odd one to look at, at first. when I first saw him in saw him in emerald, I went "WTF?!!!??" but over time, I got used to his look, and I wouldn't want it any other way ^_^
I really don't want Geno in.

And...Ridley doesn't look that weird...

I generally like the pokemon because they offer something a little different...Pikachu and Kirby were the only characters I played in 64 (I mained Pika), and I never picked up a Pokemon game. I hardly touched those two in Melee; so...it'd be nice to see some Pokemon where were really good this time around.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
seriously, pikachu and jigglypuff were good chars, but adding all these new pokemon like pichu and mewtwo, they are just sorta a waste of chars. Keep them in the pokeballs where they belong.
Mewtwo WAS NOT a waste...and here's why

ALOT of people know nothing beyond Red & Blue....... kinda like myself. I mean....I'm taking a look at all of these new pokemon in random suggestion threads and I'm like "O.o WTF" they look so much wierder now.

Point is, alot of people don't have a clue what all these new ones are.....meaning that, yes new pokemon should be included, to keep up with the series (deoxy and Lucario seems the most popular) But we NEED ones that EVERYONE will know, aka Mewtwo (personally, I want meowth aswell)

For Mewtwo to be removed.....Sakurai would have to be smoking crack......or stop smoking it.... the dude's so crazy,, it's hard to tell :p

the grim lizard

Smash Master
ALOT of people know nothing beyond Red & Blue....... kinda like myself. I mean....I'm taking a look at all of these new pokemon in random suggestion threads and I'm like "O.o WTF" they look so much wierder now.

Point is, alot of people don't have a clue what all these new ones are.....meaning that, yes new pokemon should be included, to keep up with the series (deoxy and Lucario seems the most popular) But we NEED ones that EVERYONE will know, aka Mewtwo (personally, I want meowth aswell)
This is true; it pretty much describes me. I'm FAIRLY familiar with most of the Red/Blue (as are most people--this was one of Nintendo's biggest marketing "schemes", for lack of a better word). You need to include a couple new ones for the Pokemon fans, but gotta have some of the old ones, which most people would be familiar with.

Although...I'm not sure who these would be. As most of the most well-known ones have been standard Pokemon from the Pokeballs. Anywho, just my two cents...

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I really don't want Geno in.
*GASP! I dont want geno in either! FRIEND!!!! *hugs grim lizard*

I generally like the pokemon because they offer something a little different...Pikachu and Kirby were the only characters I played in 64 (I mained Pika), and I never picked up a Pokemon game. I hardly touched those two in Melee; so...it'd be nice to see some Pokemon where were really good this time around.
jigglypuff was kinda good in melee. and I main pikachu in both melee and 64, but he's kinda hard to master in melee. anyway, there's no way to tell if a character will be good or not unless the game comes out.

For Mewtwo to be removed.....Sakurai would have to be smoking crack......or stop smoking it.... the dude's so crazy,, it's hard to tell :p
exactly. I dont think mewtwo should be removed, or any 1st gen pokemon, since they're the one's most non-pokemon fans are more familliar with. yeah sure, there is a possibility that sakurai might be all "out with the old, in with the new," but I at least want mewtwo in. to see a mewtwo Vs deoxys Vs lucario battle would bring any pokemon fan, such as myself, to tears. and meowth could get in, but I dont really see it happening.

Top Bottom