• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the official deoxys whatever thread.

kaid

Smash Master
And so is Mew. And the Regis.

The evidence from the Pokejungle game demos and all developer comments point to nonlegendary status, although it isn't outright stated.

kaid

Smash Master
As opposed to Arcanine, (The Legendary Pokemon) Absol, (the Disaster Pokemon) and Hitmonlee, (Jump kick) GS Heracross, (Megahorn) RS Volbeat, (Signal beam) and Cubone/Marowak with the Bone moves?

ilabb

Smash Apprentice
As opposed to Arcanine, (The Legendary Pokemon) Absol, (the Disaster Pokemon) and Hitmonlee, (Jump kick) GS Heracross, (Megahorn) RS Volbeat, (Signal beam) and Cubone/Marowak with the Bone moves?
To add on to that:

Castform: Weather Ball
Seviper: Poison Tail
Staryu line: Camouflage
Porygon line: Conversion, Conversion2, Sharpen
Smeargle: Sketch
Abra line: Kinesis
Treecko line: Leaf Blade
Torchic line: Blaze Kick
Mudkip line: Muddy Water

There are a ton more, but I don't feel like looking for them. My point is that a signature attack does not a legendary Pokemon make.

Anyway, Deoxys would be sweet for Brawl. There, I was on topic.

JCrest87

Smash Journeyman
Deoxys would be very cool, Mewtwo and Deoxys in Brawl would be awsome. I think they most likely will put Deoxys in because...

1) He's practically the new Mewtwo, may as well call him Mewthree
2) He's just as popular as Mewtwo (since he had his own movie)
3) If worst comes to worst they will just make him a Mewtwo clone in Brawl anyway

I just think it makes sense to put Deoxys in.

kaid

Smash Master

The premice is, Deoxys may be humanoid, but he isn't human. A moveset that combines Voldo with silly putty, therefore, seems like an interesting choice. Throw in specials that are pure mindgame, and I think he MAY be a viable character.

A: a single slap, with his "Hand."

Ftilt: his tenticle arm spins forward, streching as it does so to over the character's height. This is a drill move.

crouch position: Deoxys's crouch position has the appearence of Defence mode

Dtilt: A headslam in Defence mode.

Uptilt: The head shifts to attack-mode, and those spikes get 2-3 times longer than attack mode pics (instantly) then Deoxys looks down. (stabbing upward with the spikes)

Dash: Deoxys shrinks into speed form instantly and dashes like Captian Falcon. His tentacles flail behind him.

Dash attack: it's head instantly bends impossibly foward, attacking with the spike on the back of Speed form's head.

Jump animation: Deoxys's legs get longer

Back air: Speedform head

Upair: The HAND shoves upward. (I've done too many head attacks)

Dair: Attack form, and bends legs so kneespikes attack

Fair: Another tentacle drill, slightly downward angled.

Nair: Overheat as a Sex kick- Without shifting form, it simply glows, and damages those who touch it.

Fsmash: Attackform, 2 parts. Tentacle extention that knocks INWARD, then attackform knee attack away.

Dsmash: Defence form- Flops backward as tentacles extend foreward.

Usmash: Charge animation has Deoxys's head flatten to defence mode, then Its entire head shoots upward in Attack form, with a rubber neck.

Grab. Tentacles reach forward, just like the drill. Reach is comparable to Samus. (not usable in air)

Throws: (I'm not good at this)

^B Psycho Boost: Big glowy aura that does damage. Recoverywise, it works just like Ness's Airjump, but without the flip, and you have to hold B or the move ends early.

<B Hyper Beam: The jewel in Deoxys's chest glows, then Deoxys slams backward from the recoil. It fires a projectile the length and speed of Falco's laser, but the power and height of a Full Samus Blast. Deoxys ends in shieldbreak animation.

B Double Team: A quarter second after pressing, 9 images (in air) or 6 images(on the ground) of deoxys form, one where you were, and one in each of 8 directions. One of them is real, decided by which direction you press during that quarter second. All the images act according to your inputs, so if you have 3 standing on the ground and 3 in the air, and you press A, the three on the ground will appear to jab, and the three in the air will appear to Nair. Only the REAL image actually does damage, though. The images disapear after about 5 seconds, or when you use this move again, forming NEW images.

vB: Night Shade. Deoxys concentrates, and The entire arena goes black, (think the pokeball effect) for as long as it is held.
Any suggestions on throws?

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
Deoxys should be in Brawl.
B can a basic psy attack
->B can be a dash attack in Speed form
down B can be a change from normal to attack, vice versa
up B teleport like attack
shield can be a change to defense
normal would be well rounded while attack would be stronger and slower and possibly fly further
Mewtwo and Deoxys are similar but the form change puts Deoxys in a whole different catagory he won't be Mewtwo's clone maybe the shadow ball but that's it

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Hello, I want Deoxys in Brawl as well. Good Newcomer picture. I think I convinced my brother he is in it, which is funny.

0oSw4to0

Smash Rookie
no i don't think it would work out with Deoxys in brawl, the time it takes to change appearances (Down+B?) would take a lot of memory for that character.

not saying its a bad idea and it certainly would be cool, but thats just overdosing it.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
As good as that may sound that sounds a little to unbalanced in fairness having speed,defense,normal and attack is kill that takes a little 2 much memory for 1 chracter

Stryks

Smash Hero
he doesnt have to change as his moves, while hes defending his body becomes defense mode, while hes running/floating speed mode, when hes attacking attack mode, and when hes just standing normal mode...

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it wouldn't make sense to have the Deoxys transformations work any other way.
Switching between four forms as a B move would be a waste of time, and if (heaven forbid) each of those forms had their own moveset, it would just become a flat-out waste of characters slots on alternate forms of the same character.
But if Deoxys just changed as it moved and attacked, as part of the animations rather than as part of the moveset, then we're good to go. I mean, Deoxys transforming into attack form while performing a smash attack would just look awesome. And that alone is enough to earn Deoxys a place in Brawl.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I think Deoxy's should be able to change forms with the D-Pad. It would allow for better strategy. Like whenever Deoxy has high percentage, you can make him change to his defend form to make him survive longer, but with his defend form he wont be fast, or wont do much damage.

I'll make up some comparisons...

When Deoxy is in his Attack form, he should deal more damage and knockback. More powerful throws. He should be given low speed like Link, and should be as heavy as Peach. Equilvalent the power of ganondorf. Medium fall speed.

When its in speed form it should have the speed and fastfalling of fox. With good combo abillity, and low lag, but as light as jigglypuff, and not too powerful.

When its in defend form, it should be as heavy as Bowser. Low attack power and slow in speed. And this form should have the best recovery and should be more floaty.

When its in its normal form, it should be all around average, like how Mario is. Medium fall speed.

I really hope they put Deoxys in this game, it would be so versatile and unique. It would be a really interesting character to play as.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Switching between 4 forms would be better because it would balance him out more, if it was just according to animations, he would be too godly. He would be both fast, strong, and heavy. With switching to 1 of the 4 forms, he is either fast or not. Strong or not, Heavy or not, etc. It could be like how Zelda turns into Sheik, with a whole entire different move set. I rather for Deoxy's to be versatile and unique than not.

Stryks

Smash Hero
having all those attributes by changing with the D-pad could either make him way too broken, or make him suck a la pichu, its easy as this: he attacks= attack form running=speed mode defending=defense mode doing nothing=normal mode...

Platypus

Smash Ace
Astride a magic potato alongside Mario. ________ S
What kind of game do people think Brawl will be? It's a fighting game, and, as such, most people think that Deoxys would be too memory-draining. THIS IS NEXT GEN, PEOPLE! Just because Deoxys would have four forms doesn't mean that the forms have to be dumbed down into visual plays on the character.
There would be people who would specialize in one form and people who could change to suit the situation. There are those (Stryks) who might say, "No one wants to learn to use one guy with all of those forms. That would be like saying he's the most important character in the game. What's the point in cutting the character into four forms?" Because some people are capable of learning all of it. The elite few who can master the mental gymnastics that are needed would probably win, and one's mind is part of the game.

Stryks

Smash Hero
If he were to transform into other forms, the time between u change forms will affect u, it would take too long, and having 3 forms, cmon what if u accidently choose defense mode over speed, U would have to change super fast unless u wanna get attacked, yes there could be people that could learn all of deoxys forms, but thats the thing, getting used to all of his forms is like getting used to 4 totally diferent characters, it would take too long for ANYONE to become a deoxys pro, and most of the people would give up b4 learning 2 of his forms...

So I say, to avoid all the trouble, make his animations his diferent forms, and give him attacks like psycho boost, psychic, barrier, or something, why would anyone go into the trouble of learning a character who has 4 diferent forms, 4 diferent movesets and stats, when the developers could simply just put his forms as diferent animations:

Doing nothing/taunting = normal mode
Running and psycho boost= speed form
attacking = Attack mode
Defending = defense mode

and so what if its next gen? This is a fighting game were all the characters execute their attacks in the same way, also sakurai stated that the game will be easier to play, u think learning 4 diferent movesets in one sole character will be easy? please, we would be makin deoxys way too unique, when they can just simply put his alt. forms as animations...

it would not only make learning how to use deoxys way more easier, but would make the developers of the game take less tome, well, developing deoxys... win win situation

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
Okay, here's my idea with Pokemon
Replace Pikachu w/Raichu
Replace Jiggly with Clefable
Replace Pichu with Elekid
Replace Mewtwo with Deoxys

D-GENERATION X! (Does the X-Fireworks)
***After pondering over the last comment for several minutes, I've come to the conclusion that

a.) Pikachu will never be replaced. He is NINTENDO...next to mario of course.
b.) Clefable!!!! Are you freaking kidding me? She would be the first banned tourney character thanks to that trendy little metronome attack.
c.)Quite frankly sir, I don't give a bloody !)@#*^ Pichu should replace the sandbag in brawl.
d.)Finally, something of substance!

Infil

Smash Journeyman
I don't know much about the various Pokemon, but Deoxys sounds like a neat choice if he has these forms.

Please, people, don't talk about memory requirements. Brawl has as much "memory" as it needs on that DVD, which is what I assume you were talking about. If you were thinking that 4 forms of Deoxys would take up development time perhaps better spent on other characters, that's different.

Changing with the D-pad is a very bad idea. Each character should use exactly the same controls as each other character. This is Game Design 101.

I'm of the opinion that Deoxys could just change forms during certain animations. It would be a purely aesthetic thing, unless Nintendo chose to make three of his B moves (not up B, maybe?) be transformations. But for this to be of any use, he would have to be significantly different in those forms.

If they're going for more Pokemon, though, "cool" ones like this are good choices. And I'm sure we'll see at least two new Pokemon in Brawl, especially considering Pichu is almost assuredly gone.

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
No need to assign the transformations to B moves, or at least not to any other than Down + B followed by another button.

It's either the 4 forms of Deoxys playable, or just animations for them as some people have suggested (Attack Form when attacking, Defense Form when shielding, etc.). However, the latter approach would be too bland and would make Deoxys not that worthy of being in the game.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Man, I can just picture the developers reaction when they look and see that they are obligated to create a complex moveset for Deoxys on Brawl.

P.S: His Speed form is gonna rock the joint!.......that is if he makes the cut. *gulp* *gasp*

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
I would SO love Deoxys for Brawl! If they do add him in Brawl i believe that his transformations would be controlled more like a Shiek/Zelda way or something similar! It would be truly beautiful and interesting! Or another crazy theory would be choosing which version you want before the match begins by choosing different colors which to Deoxys it would actually be altering his movesets and stuff...Crazy but you never know how Nintendo can surprise you ;)

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
So, for a long time I tried to fiure out a set of B-moves that would include all transformations but still give him workable special moves. After much thought I decided it was untenable and Deoxys would never work.

THEN I THOUGHT, why give him workable special attacks? It would be the most off-beat transformation gimmick ever if the charcter had four sets of A moves, four sets of grab/throws, four sets of stats, and four sets of jumps, but no special moves?

Then I decided he'd be awesome again.
However, he doesn't replace Mewtwo. Mewtwo gets another chance to not be gimped.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Seriously how is a character with 4 diferent movesets awesome? its like learning how to use 4 diferent characters, when many in SWF only use up to 3 characters... seriously it will only take more time to main, and harder to master...

I was like u guys once, thinking transformig into 4 diferent characters would be pwnage, but IDK, being here make me think more clearly and now I can c that 4 movesets for one characters is just bad bad BAD, Ill stick with animations thank u...

Top Bottom