• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the official deoxys whatever thread.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
This may have been stated earlier in this thread, but I really don't want to try to track it down, so...

What kinds of attacks does Deoxys bring to the table?

I know there are types: fire, water, electric, psychic, plant, etc...so, it'd be cool not to repeat these. Seems like most of these are just represented in the Pokeballs, though.

Anyway, what types of moves could those two have which would be interesting (especially Deoxys)??

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I am training a Deoxys in Diamond. Mine knows Psychic, Shadowball and Superpower (And a crappy attack called pursuit). He knows psychic, ghost, and dark attacks.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I heard before Diamond and Pearl, Deoxys was the strongest pokemon in the game. But then they came out with Arceus, the GOD pokemon. So no more deoxys. =P

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
I don't think arceus would be put into ssbb. he is a god and eather would be banned from tournaments for his uber stats and/or moves, or he would have to be weakened to a point where few people would play as him because he wasn't what he was in the pokemon series. Also I cant imagine how his gameplay would work.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Yeah, i hope a lot of legendaries are added in a pokeball. Like Rayquaza nad his Hyper Beam, Kyogre who will also probably just float there like Groudon just stands there (which i do like) and Jirachi with Wish or something...

Hey, if Deoxys doesn't become a character, good chance he'd be in a ball, right?

Wait, this is my 300th post! Yay

Gindor

Smash Ace
I've created a moveset (not really complete) and stats for deoxys, and I would like to see what you all think.

Deoxys (moves like mewtwo, but jumps more smoothly)
-normal form-in this form normally at start
power-4 weight-2 speed-4 jump-4 handle-4 (5 being the most)
attacks by punching, slapping, and whipping the foe. has a lot of ground and aerial attacks
-attack form-hold A at loading screen (like sheik)
power-5 weight-1 speed-4 jump-2 handle-3
attacks by whipping the foe rapidly and/or powerfully. has a lot of spiking and ground
attacks
-defense form-hold A and down at loading screen
power-3 weight-5 speed-3 jump-3 handle-5
attacks by slapping the foe. has a lot of spiking and launching attacks
-speed form-hold A and right or left at loading screen
power-3 weight-3 speed-5 jump-5 handle-2
attacks by whipping the foe swiftly. has a lot of launching and aerial attacks

B-psycho boost-deoxys launches a ball of psychic energy (visualize a fully charged charge
beam shot being shot after the delay of a falcon punch), loses power
quickly, changes deoxys to attack form
-attack form-(as in if he is already in ______ form) more power speed and range
B + right/left-extreme speed-deoxys tackles through the foe (visualize fox illusion),
changes deoxys to speed form
-speed form-faster, more distance, and more powerful
B + down-cosmic power-deoxys uses cosmic powers to defend it self (visualize nayru's love
but only the spinning crystals spin at random angles), changes
deoxys to defence form
-defense form-more crystals and more force in reflected projectiles
B + up-teleport-warps deoxys instantly in the specified direction (a clone of mewtwo's
teleport basicly), changes deoxys to normal form
-normal-faster and more distance
Final smash-hyper beam-deoxys fires a huge beam of energy across the stage and is
delayed afterwards
-normal form-the beams angle can be moved very slowly, a bit more power, and a slight
defense boost while delayed
-attack form-more damage delt and delay
-defense form-deoxys gets defense boost while delayed
-speed form-the beam's angle can be moved slowly, and less delay
Alternate final smash-double team-deoxys creates 1-6 copies of himself to divide and
attack each foe
normal copy-deals decent damage, temperarily weakens the foe's power slightly, and
slightly stuns the foe
attack copy-deals a lot of damage by attacking
defense copy-temporarily weakens the foe's power while attacking them
speed copy-stuns the foe while damaging them
-normal form-summons attack/defense/speed copies
-attack form-summons normal/defense/speed copies
-defense form-summons normal/attack/speed copies
-speed form-summons normal/attack/defense copies
Grab-wrap-wraps the foe up with deoxys' tentacles
-defense form-can hold the foe for longer
-speed form-grabs the foe instantly
Grab hit-wring out-deoxys squeezes the foe with tentacles
-normal form-punch-deoxys puches the grabbed foe
-attack form-whip-deoxys rapidly whips the foe with it's free tentacles
Foreward throw-whip throw-deoxys throws the foe foreward
-normal form-deoxys smashes the foe into the ground while throwing them foreward
Down throw-whip smash-deoxys smashes the foe down in front of it self
-defense form-deoxys throws the foe down onto the ground while jumping over them and
body slaming them
Up throw-whip launch (needs different name)-deoxys throws the foe upward
-attack form-deoxys whips the foe madly as it throws the foe upward
Back throw-whip toss-deoxys throws the foe behind it self
-speed form-deoxys whips the foe as it throws it back

Deoxys FTW

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well my answer is: HELL NO

WHY give 4 diferent movesets to deoxys for EVERY from, seriously thats 4 characters in one, it would be too hard to program such a character, and it will take forever to master this character, I like challenges but thats just plain stupid...

Sorry if I sound to harsh but really, 4 movesets is just too much, the solution:

Normal form: standing, taunting
speed form: dashing/dash attack
defense mode: defending/sheilding
attack form: attacking

the diferent froms will be animations, and will be easier to program...

Gindor

Smash Ace
Just because defense form is incredibly good at defending, doesn't mean it can't attack. Just because attack form is deadly with his attack doesn't mean he can't defend against one attack. Just because speed form is good at moving, doesn't mean he isn't versatile. Deoxys should be versatile so almost everybody can find good in him. Nobody ever can really master anything. Deoxys should hold a hidden strategy for everyone who even looks. The programming would be a little challenge for the designers. They already are working for maybe two to three years at least anyways. The memory space shouldn't be a problem. ...and I ment a movset for each form, but they all share some moves.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dude really, I NEVER said defense cant attack, attack can defend yada yada yada, but not only would it be too much work for ONE character, they would be wasting time programming a total of 4 character into one, when they can work only on the animations, give him one moveset and done, they can rest on the other time they have with 3 other characters...

Yes I know by a fac that defense mode can attack, but really 4 movesets?! The easy answer would be making the forms animation, not only would it look sick, but would be way easier for the programmers yes they have had 2 years now, but dude their making stages, music, characters, items, trophys (if they return) and making sure there arent glitches, working on the hitboxes, making sure theyre balanced and stuff, doubt they'll put so much atention in deoxys...

another thing could be is his <>B move could be extremespeed and wil ltransform into speed form during the period of time the attack is executed, same with DownB that could be barrier and so on, 4 movesets is just too much, is unreasonable and ridicoulous, I understand its ur opinion, but opinion or not u gotta look at the facts...

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Dude really, I NEVER said defense cant attack, attack can defend yada yada yada, but not only would it be too much work for ONE character, they would be wasting time programming a total of 4 character into one, when they can work only on the animations, give him one moveset and done, they can rest on the other time they have with 3 other characters...

Yes I know by a fac that defense mode can attack, but really 4 movesets?! The easy answer would be making the forms animation, not only would it look sick, but would be way easier for the programmers yes they have had 2 years now, but dude their making stages, music, characters, items, trophys (if they return) and making sure there arent glitches, working on the hitboxes, making sure theyre balanced and stuff, doubt they'll put so much atention in deoxys...

another thing could be is his <>B move could be extremespeed and wil ltransform into speed form during the period of time the attack is executed, same with DownB that could be barrier and so on, 4 movesets is just too much, is unreasonable and ridicoulous, I understand its ur opinion, but opinion or not u gotta look at the facts...
Wow, actually i wouldn't mind that...

<B>- Extremespeed (shock!) same as Fox's Over B, but is faster, goes longer, but does less damage. Transforms into Speed form in execution.
Bv- A large shield goes around Deoxys, and he transforms into Defense form during the move. It absorbs all damage for 3 seconds then goes away and you lag for a bit. If your hit while in the shield, Spikes pour out (like the pokemon move) and deal small rapid dameg and fade away once they hit something.
B- Deoxys transforms into Attack form and charges a hyper beam and fires. High damage, and long lag afterwards.
B^- Teleport.

Those are some good B moves.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah that was my initial idea, but decided animations would be cooler, hell anything as long as we dont get a 4 moveset character...

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Wow, actually i wouldn't mind that...

<B>- Extremespeed (shock!) same as Fox's Over B, but is faster, goes longer, but does less damage. Transforms into Speed form in execution.
Bv- A large shield goes around Deoxys, and he transforms into Defense form during the move. It absorbs all damage for 3 seconds then goes away and you lag for a bit. If your hit while in the shield, Spikes pour out (like the pokemon move) and deal small rapid dameg and fade away once they hit something.
B- Deoxys transforms into Attack form and charges a hyper beam and fires. High damage, and long lag afterwards.
B^- Teleport.

Those are some good B moves.
Or something like that. If deoxys gets in, each B attack represents a form.
B-Normal
B<>-Speed
B^-Attack
Bv-Defense

During the attack, Deoxys shifts appearances, but through most of the battle, Deoxys will stay in normal form.
Also, while shielding, defense form, while dashing, speed, and when pulling off a smash attack, attack form.

Gindor

Smash Ace
look, I know I have a different opinion, I know I lost the arguement. I admit that, but it doesn't give you the right to insult my opinion. I just would like to see deoxys as it is in the pokemon games, and I know that probably won't happen and you don't agree with me.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
look, I know I have a different opinion, I know I lost the arguement. I admit that, but it doesn't give you the right to insult my opinion. I just would like to see deoxys as it is in the pokemon games, and I know that probably won't happen and you don't agree with me.

Well, it could possibly be better your way (POSSIBLY) but his way is way more realistic.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Anyways, since I lost the argument and my deoxys cannot be, I will try to help you (all), so I have made a moveset, which we all can collaborate on (and agree at some point).

Deoxys-moves like mewtwo, blah blah blah
power-high speed-medium high jump-medium low weight-medium low size-average handle-medium low

Normal form animations
taunt/stand/walk
A-punch/A <>-whip/A ^-swat/A v-whip sweep

Attack form animations
Final smash-duplicate (imitates unown)/B-psycho boost
A <> smash-superpower (whip style)/A ^ smash-psycho shift (any ideas)/A v smash-night shade
Grab hit-wring out/Foreword throw-zap cannon (throws then fires)/Up throw-swift (throws then fires)/Down throw-psychic (after slamming the foe into the ground)/Back throw-fling (just throws the behind deoxys)

Defense form animations
guard/B v-mirror coat (like fox's reflect)

Speed form animations
dash/jump/dodge-double team (if the animation of the illusions don't lag the game)
B <>-extreme speed (like fox's fox illusion)/B ^-teleport (mewtwo's teleport)
A <<>>-tackle (the dash attack)/aerial A-zen headbutt (any ideas)

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Anyways, since I lost the argument and my deoxys cannot be, I will try to help you (all), so I have made a moveset, which we all can collaborate on (and agree at some point).

Deoxys-moves like mewtwo, blah blah blah
power-high speed-medium high jump-medium low weight-medium low size-average handle-medium low

Normal form animations
taunt/stand/walk
A-punch/A <>-whip/A ^-swat/A v-whip sweep

Attack form animations
Final smash-duplicate (imitates unown)/B-psycho boost
A <> smash-superpower (whip style)/A ^ smash-psycho shift (any ideas)/A v smash-night shade
Grab hit-wring out/Foreword throw-zap cannon (throws then fires)/Up throw-swift (throws then fires)/Down throw-psychic (after slamming the foe into the ground)/Back throw-fling (just throws the behind deoxys)

Defense form animations
guard/B v-mirror coat (like fox's reflect)

Speed form animations
dash/jump/dodge-double team (if the animation of the illusions don't lag the game)
B <>-extreme speed (like fox's fox illusion)/B ^-teleport (mewtwo's teleport)
A <<>>-tackle (the dash attack)/aerial A-zen headbutt (any ideas)
Here is some flaws... how would he transform into speed form if he teleports, he's ther, and then pops back up, how could you even see him transform? How could you see the form?

And the normal form is not shown enough, i would say the same about my favorite form (defense) but its hard to shove him in. And i think his ariels should have transformations.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Here is some flaws... how would he transform into speed form if he teleports, he's ther, and then pops back up, how could you even see him transform? How could you see the form?

And the normal form is not shown enough, i would say the same about my favorite form (defense) but its hard to shove him in. And i think his ariels should have transformations.
I too would like to see more defense and normal form, maybe teleport would be normal form animation. With teleport, there is the nano second of animation right before as deoxys gets prepares for teleporting, which would be when he transforms into speed/normal form, and when he appears, he would be that form also.

Teethpaste

Smash Cadet
No way the games got enough ****ing Pokemon in it in the first place Jigglypuff,Pichu,Pikachu Mewtwo. Deoxys in a Pokball thats the only way i'd let him into the game

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
you actually think they are going to keep pichu, thats a laugh, and so far pikachu is the only pokemon in brawl, so it looks like there's plenty of room

Top Bottom