• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the official deoxys whatever thread.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
whats so great about deoxys anyway? I havent played a new pokemon game since Blue and Red, and I think he looks kinda stupid.
you just wont get it unless you've been following the pokemon series. Its like how you wont get whats so great about mario unless you've been following the mario series. but, y'know. to a less dramatic degree.

and looks arent everything you know. ;_;
And Gindor, I think it's sadly too late to get Sakurai to do anything for him, they're farrrrrrr to late in the process to go back and do that.
I at least expect sakurai to make normal form deoxys a last minute alt costume for mewtwo, if it is already too late to add any new characters. y'know, to appease the fans. but I guess thats just wishful thinking yet again. oh well. :ohwell: (but then again, I guess this can all be changed if brawl does use wiiconnect24 for downloadable content. hopefully.)

Personally,i think both of them might be Pokebal'd, but I might be wrong...
I hope they dont pokeball-ify lucario. If they pokeball both of them, that would just be a big "screw you" to all pokemon fans who wanted new representation in brawl. but then again, I guess deoxys' pokeballification raises the chances of lucario being a pokeball. :(

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
It's just, sakurai missed out on making the most kick a** character playable, and I hate him (her) for that!
LAWL FOREVER.

Masahiro Sakurai is very much a him.

:rotfl:

(And I'm not mocking you, I just think it's funny because I'm picturing Sakurai in a really bad drag outfit).

Shuma

Smash Hero
I guess deoxys' pokeballification raises the chances of lucario being a pokeball.
I actually think it raises Lucario Chances of being a PC.

With Deoxis gone, Pokemon needs a new Rep, if Pichu is gone, then Lucario can get into the Roster, and Mewtwo can Stay :D.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
I actually think it raises Lucario Chances of being a PC.

With Deoxis gone, Pokemon needs a new Rep, if Pichu is gone, then Lucario can get into the Roster, and Mewtwo can Stay :D.
I think that deoxys being put into a poke ball increases lucario's chances too, he can't loose now, unless, the pokeballification raises some horrible idea that lucario should be in a pokeball.
Mewtwo is returning no matter what unless hell freezes over, he's popular, dynamic, and has already been in melee.
Lucario almost is at that level, except that it could go horribly wrong.

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
Yeah, this raises Lucario's chances. It's kinda sad, because Deoxys would have been very versatile; but on the other hand, he's now an awesome Poké Ball Pokémon.

And I don't see why wouldn't Mewtwo return. Lucario is not a reason; Deoxys was pretty much the other hovering Psychic-type Pokémon.

Darkrai's movie will be announced at the same time as SSBB appears in America, so it'd be an excellent time to include the Pitch-Black Pokémon as an unlockable playable character.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Yeah, this raises Lucario's chances. It's kinda sad, because Deoxys would have been very versatile; but on the other hand, he's now an awesome Poké Ball Pokémon.

And I don't see why wouldn't Mewtwo return. Lucario is not a reason; Deoxys was pretty much the other hovering Psychic-type Pokémon.

Darkrai's movie will be announced at the same time as SSBB appears in America, so it'd be an excellent time to include the Pitch-Black Pokémon as an unlockable playable character.
Oooh, I can't wit if that happens, and darkrai would probably replace jiggly if any, since they are both sleep inflicting pokemon, darkrai's just cooler.:)
And if darkrai doesn't make it in, he would make an awesome pokeball, he appears, and uses a cross of dark void and nightmare, sleeping most foes and then giving them a deadly type of poison while they are asleep. You could just smash your foes, let the poison weaken them, or fight off the foes that weren't put to sleep.

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
Oooh, I can't wit if that happens, and darkrai would probably replace jiggly if any, since they are both sleep inflicting pokemon, darkrai's just cooler.:)
And if darkrai doesn't make it in, he would make an awesome pokeball, he appears, and uses a cross of dark void and nightmare, sleeping most foes and then giving them a deadly type of poison while they are asleep. You could just smash your foes, let the poison weaken them, or fight off the foes that weren't put to sleep.
The Jigglypuff part is true ;). Though I fear Jigglypuff has good chances to come back, just by seeing stuff that is returning such as a Pokémon Stadium stage or Goldeen and Chikorita as Poké Ball Pokémon.

Still if somebody here wants to make a Darkrai thread for the fun of predicting its moveset and features as a playable character, I'll support you with ideas and pictures (even though I've not watched the actual movie). Feel free to use these.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
@ Tirkaro.....I've always found that we usually agree and share the same opinions on...well, wherever we've both posted..... But Deoxys as an alternate costume for Mewtwo :dizzy: yeah, it's probably wishful thinking... there'd be a higher chance of normal form Deoxys becoming a playable character (even with the atk form being pokeball'd) before he'd be sharing mewtwo's moveset...(come to think of it, that'd be too funny to see deoxys trying to do a tail whip)

Gindor

Smash Ace
@ Tirkaro.....I've always found that we usually agree and share the same opinions on...well, wherever we've both posted..... But Deoxys as an alternate costume for Mewtwo :dizzy: yeah, it's probably wishful thinking... there'd be a higher chance of normal form Deoxys becoming a playable character (even with the atk form being pokeball'd) before he'd be sharing mewtwo's moveset...(come to think of it, that'd be too funny to see deoxys trying to do a tail whip)
I agree 100%. lol, invisible tail whip!

Gindor

Smash Ace
A few days ago, my friend wished for his birthday, that deoxys would come out of it's pokeballis, for those superstitious few.
Dont burn me saying stuff like "deoxys is in a poke ball, noob!", "a wish won't change sakurai's opinion", or anything else already said, I and everyone else have already heard it!
I am just giving the hope I cannot use to those who can.

EDIT-sorry about the double post BTW

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
*sgih* seeing as how I loved this thread before his deconfirmation, this still sadens me but....YIPEE FOR DIDDY KONG! There, all better. :)

Edit: Dexoys as a Playable Character for SSB4! :)

L1F3

Smash Cadet
Ok, I ahven't been on the boards for about a week (it's my homepage whenever I surf the Web), but have thought of the idea oof Deoxys being in Brawl.

Note: Shuckle is now the most powerful pkmn in the series (power trick swaps atk w/ def=600+atk and earthquake holding soft sand) Nice.

Anyway, Deoxys moveset from early 2006, when he was first introduced.

B: Revert back to normal form. If already in normal form, Shadow Ball (different form mew2, always fully charged but weaker), large hitbox immediately in front of Deox, then thins out

>B: Transforms into speed form while doing a quick forward attack burt (2-3 hits?)

^B : transfroms into atk form, doing an angel adjustable recovery move(like the aiming ability of firefox,
but never downwards))

Down B: transforms into def form, only transformation that cannot be disturbed unless via Ssmash or grabbed.

Note: Pressing B while in any form other than normal will revert Deoxys back to normal.

I'll have more later
~L1F3

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ok, I ahven't been on the boards for about a week (it's my homepage whenever I surf the Web), but have thought of the idea oof Deoxys being in Brawl.

Note: Shuckle is now the most powerful pkmn in the series (power trick swaps atk w/ def=600+atk and earthquake holding soft sand) Nice.

Anyway, Deoxys moveset from early 2006, when he was first introduced.

B: Revert back to normal form. If already in normal form, Shadow Ball (different form mew2, always fully charged but weaker), large hitbox immediately in front of Deox, then thins out

>B: Transforms into speed form while doing a quick forward attack burt (2-3 hits?)

^B : transfroms into atk form, doing an angel adjustable recovery move(like the aiming ability of firefox,
but never downwards))

Down B: transforms into def form, only transformation that cannot be disturbed unless via Ssmash or grabbed.

Note: Pressing B while in any form other than normal will revert Deoxys back to normal.

I'll have more later
~L1F3
Where were you when deoxys was deconfirmed???

Top Bottom