• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the official deoxys whatever thread.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I don't know where I heard this, but I think I saw somewhere that Deoxys was a space virus that was bombarded by radioactive waves (hence the DNA theme, since a virus is little more than a DNA strand contained in a capsule). I'm not sure if that's accurate, but I think it's a possibility.

As for moves, psycho boost could possibly work like a long ranged falcon punch (takes a while to get started, but sends out a powerful beam). Extreme speed would be a good recovery move, and he could extend his tentacles in a helix shape for a B> move (a punch move maybe, though I don't know if Deoxys learns anything like that)

Stryks

Smash Hero
I was imagining he could use his tentacles and do a Wrap attack, but since that move is too weak another attack would be better...

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I've posted this moveset on two other topics (one being the official Pokémon topic and the other I forgot where), and I guess I might as well post it here, since this moveset has gotten a good amount of positive feedback, and this is pretty much the official Deoxys thread.

So here it is:
"I think that Deoxys should have a Down-B move that when performed, will transform it into one of its other three forms. It will start out as Normal-Forme («Yes, that is how Nintendo spells it when it's written with the form type, if you don't already know) and you can press Down-B to transform. During the transform animation, you have to press one of the four directions on the Control Stick / D-Pad (preferably the D-Pad) to select which form it will transform into (or maybe a button afterwards...). Also, before a match begins, you can hold down one of three buttons to transform into one of the three forms before the match starts (like holding A for Zelda to start out as Sheik). More on this later...

I think that if HAL were to make each of the Deoxys forms having a totally different moveset, it will just go too cheap (versatile, but cheap). I think they should have the same moveset, except of one or two Special Moves. But to make each form different, they can alter its statistics. Here are my ideas of what should be similar and different between the four forms:

All Forms
B: Shadow Ball
-Just like Mewtwo’s Shadow Ball (Note: Having all four forms with the same “B” Attack will solve the problem with Kirby’s copy ability.)
Down-B: Form Change
- Transforms into one of the four different forms. (duh!)
- Soon after using this move (before the animation finishes) hold down one of three buttons to transform into a form other than Normal-Forme. Each button corresponds with either Attack-Forme, Defense-Forme, or Speed-Forme.
EXAMPLE: “A” for Attack-Forme, “B” for Defense-Forme, & one of the “jump buttons” for Speed-Forme
...or by using the D-Pad, as stated before.
-If no buttons are held down, you’ll transform into Normal-Forme. If you are already in Normal-Forme, then there will just be some flashy animation (maybe you can use it as a taunt, or something...) but the form won’t change.
-Just like Zelda, if you hold one of the three buttons (mentioned above in the example) before the match starts, you’ll transform into the corresponding form when the match starts.
-The amount of time the transformation takes would be about the same amount of time as Zelda/Sheik's Transform.
All will have their movement style similar to Mewtwo's.
All will have the same moveset, except for the Up-Special and the Forward-Special, but the damage, knock-back, lag, etc. will vary depending on the form.

Normal-Forme Deoxys (All other forms will be compared to this form, since this form is very balanced in all attributes.)
Up-B: Teleport
-Similar to Mewtwo’s Teleport but it goes 1.5 times farther.
Side-B: Mimic
-When you use this attack, it will be the Side-B attack of the closest character to you at that time.

Attack-Forme Deoxys
Up-B: Psycho Boost
-Similar to Falco’s Firebird but with the damage and knock back of the Falcon Punch.
-The Attack Power Deterioration would be twice as fast.
EXAMPLE: 100%, 83% [-(9+8)], 70% [-(7+6)], 61% [-(5+4)], 56% [-(3+2)], 55% [-(1+0)]
OR
EXAMPLE: 100%, 81% [-(10+9)], 66% [-(8+7)], 55% [-(6+5)], 48% [-(4+3)], 45% [-(2+1)]
The second one would be more fair, IMO, because it is quite easy to hit with it (considering that it is a powerful attack).
Side-B: Fire/Thunder/Ice Punch (Elemental Punch?)
-Similar to the Captain Falcon’s Raptor Boost, except instead of an uppercut, it is a sideswipe.
-Every time you use it, it will randomly select one of three elements. Each element will do a different amount of damage, have a different knock-back, and have a different effect.
EXAMPLE: Fire=burn effect and has more knock-back, Thunder=longer stun, Ice=incases foe in a block of ice).
:) All attacks do more damage
:) All attacks have a higher priority
:) All attacks have more knock-back
:( All attacks has a little more lag
:( Weighs less
:( Attacks that hits it does more damage

Defense-Forme Deoxys
Up-B: Rapid Spin
- Similar to Bowser's Whirling Fortress. Also, when used on the ground, projectiles will bounce off (like a reflector...or maybe reflects it at a random angle?).
Side-B: Spikes
- Lay spikes on the ground, thus creating a hitbox (like the Yo-Yo Glitch except it's visible and doesn't transfer your attacks over to that area) that slightly damages anyone (even Deoxys, so be careful) that walks/runs/etc. over it, but has no knock-back (so you can't edgeguard with it, since it'll be kind of cheap if you can). Maybe it should have a limit on how many you can set (to avoid spamming), and if you exceed the limit, the oldest one will disappear.
:) Weighs more
:) Bigger shield and/or lasts longer
:) Attacks that hits it does less damage
:( All attacks does less damage
:( All attacks have less priority
:( All attacks have less knockback

Speed-Forme Deoxys
Up-B: Extremespeed
-Can be used to move in two different directions (like Pikachu’s Quick Attack)
-But it’s hitting/striking properties are closer to Fox’s Fox Illusion (so basically, it’s more powerful).
Side-B: Swift
- Throws a star-like projectile forward. Something similar to the Star Rod item.
:) Moves much faster (perhaps the fastest in the game) and jumps higher
:) All attacks have a higher priority
:) All attacks has slightly less lag
:) Longer wavedash (if it still exists)
:( Slides more (less traction)
:( All attacks do less damage
:( All attacks have less knock-back
:( Weighs less

All of the moves I've listed are capable of being learned by Deoxys in the Pokémon games (with the exception of Rapid Spin [but Rapid Spin does seem like an attack that Defense-Forme Deoxys should be able to learn, IMO])."

tirkaro

Smash Champion
whoah! perfect chaos has the best moveset I could think of! good job!
but seriously, forme? is that how nintendo spells it? weird XP
also, why would deoxy's B move be shadow ball? it should be something more original.

kaid

Smash Master

Normal-Forme Deoxys (All other forms will be compared to this form, since this form is very balanced in all attributes.)
Up-B: Teleport
-Similar to Mewtwo’s Teleport but it goes 1.5 times farther.
Side-B: Mimic
-When you use this attack, it will be the Side-B attack of the closest character to you at that time.
Alright, this is what I have an issue with. Mewtwo's Teleport is already one of the best recoverys in the game... and you're making it longer than Zelda and Game and Watch's recoverys?!?

Also, Mimic would be much easier to program if it simply used the Last Used B move/SideB move, rather than having to figure out what character is closest.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok u guys remember the feud me and super cool had yesterday about deoxys and mewtwo being legendary, well I got the answer from Nintendo itself:
Message(#6851-000515-5134\5155134)

Hello,

I'm afraid there isn't an answer to your question about Mewtwo and Deoxys.
Nintendo excels at making sure our fans can get each Pokemon's statistics,
power-ups, general locations, descriptions, and--most importantly--the
information required to earn the badges and collect 'em all. This happens
through Nintendo's website (www.nintendo.com), the official Pokemon video game
website (www.pokemon-games.com), as well as Player's Guides and Nintendo Power
magazine.

Having said that, there are details about Pokemon games that will remain
mysteries, left to the active imagination of the player. You can share what you
think with other like-minded fans at our forums
(http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo). There are a number of bulletin
boards/forums which allow you to post questions and observations. You can also
participate in online chats.

In order to use this feature of our site, you'll need a My Nintendo membership,
but it's free and easy to get by going to the following address:

http://my.nintendo.com/cpp/mynintendo/myNintendo.do

If you have questions, please visit our FAQ page:

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/help_faq

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Kurt Wagner

And so there aint an answer so this ends the feud XD....

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
Yes, there is. Right where the email told you to look.
Give up, dude. The guy won't listen to reason. He will only listen to OFFICIAL sites, despite the fact that there are no OFFICIAL sites that say they are not legendaries.

P.S. That guy who answered the e-mail obviously didn't know anything about pokemon. :laugh:

Stryks

Smash Hero
Igf they make Deoxys like they made Mewtwo, im gonna get pissed in so many ways... but I doubt it, they didnt make mewtwo very good, and ther characters for that matter cause they didnt had much time, now he has over a year, I think he'll make all the bad characters better...

also:
Give up, dude. The guy won't listen to reason. He will only listen to OFFICIAL sites, despite the fact that there are no OFFICIAL sites that say they are not legendaries.

P.S. That guy who answered the e-mail obviously didn't know anything about pokemon. :laugh:
Dude what info am I gonna considred, from some people that put there opinions in brawl, or a guy that ACTUALLY works in nintendo?

Besides there's no answer lets leave it at that...

Wrench

Smash Apprentice
am i the only who who actually doesn't like doexys at all? lol I am fine with you guys liking him but I say blech..But I could care less if they put him in the game, no one is forcing me to play as him\her\it

Black/Light

Smash Master
am i the only who who actually doesn't like doexys at all? lol I am fine with you guys liking him but I say blech..But I could care less if they put him in the game, no one is forcing me to play as him\her\it
Same here for the most part. If he is in than he should only be in to replace M2 imo.

Vehman

Smash Rookie
Yeah seems like of all the top pokemon deoxys makes the most sense...he is the most "anthropomorphic" so to speak so it would be easier to make moves and stuff...lol

Stryks

Smash Hero
Deoxys is kinda like the Mewtwo of the 3rd generation, there both similair, and are both completely awesome, Deoxys should be in, and M2 should be fixed in many parts...

Vehman

Smash Rookie
Deoxys is not anthropomorphic. He's Gumby's second cousin.

Lucario, well, HE'S an anthro.
lol, k your right, I'm not much of a pokemon expert XD...but Lucario is not as well known I think, I mean hes popular, sexy, and everything, but just seems like Deoxys is a better choice...but I get the point that Lucario would make some awesome moves XD Just I'm getting shivers of the space animals for some reason when I look at Lucario

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Thanks for the positive feedback! I greatly appreciate it! :chuckle:

To kaid: I guess Mimic working either way would still be alright. And the reason I wanted to make Teleport 1.5 times farther than Melee's Mewtwo's Teleport, is to make it better (and if Mewtwo returns, his Teleport can bex1.5, too). I just wanted to improve on Mewtwo, since he's so weak in Melee, and have Deoxys along that line. But I guess leaving it the way it is is fine. Plus, that moveset is just a suggestion...and every moveset has its flaws.

Anyway...this thread is dying out, and I would like to keep this one alive, so does anyone have something to say (other than the debate on whether it's legendary or if you don't think it's a good idea [since stating that you like or dislike it doesn't really help achieve anything])?

kaid

Smash Master
As I said before, the consensis of the poke-fan community is that all Nintendo-Event related pokemon (Mew, Celebii, Jirachi, Deoxys) are considered legendary. Legendary is a fan designation anyway... if it was official, Arcanine would have had a different tag. (Arcanine: the Legendary pokemon)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Oh man not this again...

Can we just get back to movesets, dspers and the possibility of him being in brawl like in the beginning?

Pyr0

Smash Ace
xemnas your half right with your deoxys claims, marowak can overpass deoxys attack, he can even reach the limit with a swords dance

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
Deoxys should be in Brawl.
B can a basic psy attack
->B can be a dash attack in Speed form
down B can be a change from normal to attack, vice versa
up B teleport like attack
shield can be a change to defense
normal would be well rounded while attack would be stronger and slower and possibly fly further

Hey Pyr0,
You have to tell me where to find those Pics in your sig! They rock!

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
I bet deoxys will make it....he looks cool, awsome attacks, Popular.!
and every one seams to want him.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
Legendary Pokemon=
Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Lucario, Palkia, and Dialga.
Lucario isn't confirmed to be a legendary yet.

Lots of people thought Absol was gonna be a legendary in Ruby and Sapphire and it turns out he is just very rare. The same will probably happen with Lucario.

Top Bottom